What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB J.K. Dobbins, Free Agent (8 Viewers)

Any word on if he’s back this week?
This says maybe in the next week or two

Mink: I think we could see Marcus Williams back on the practice field very soon. He's been out for six weeks since suffering a dislocated wrist. Getting back on the practice field doesn't necessarily mean he'll play in the next game, but it's a big step in that direction.
J.K. Dobbins probably isn't too far behind either. He's been out for a month since having a more minor surgery to clean out scar tissue in his knee. The surgery went quite well, according to Harbaugh, and I'm sure Dobbins is itching to get back on the field. It wouldn't surprise me to see him back in the next week or two, and then it will probably be another week or so until he's game ready. I expect the Ravens will have Dobbins down the final stretch and for the playoffs, but we'll see.

Ravens designated RB J.K. Dobbins (knee) to return from injured reserve.​

Harbaugh noted that Dobbins would practice "to some degree", leaving us to speculate whether or not he'd be active for Week 13 against the Broncos. Dobbins last played in Week 6 against the Giants and underwent arthroscopic knee surgery after his knee "tightened up" on him according to Harbaugh. Through four games, Dobbins has rushed 35 times for 123 yards and one touchdown. He would presumably return to the RB1 role once healthy, although it's worth noting he's had double-digit carries in just one game thus far.
Nov 28, 2022, 2:49 PM ET

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said J.K. Dobbins (knee) will not play in Week 13 against the Broncos.​

However, he is "in play" for Week 14 per Harbaugh. Fantasy managers with an eye towards the playoffs and a hole at running back might consider adding Dobbins. It looks like Gus Edwards will again lead the Ravens backfield in Week 13.
SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter
Dec 2, 2022, 1:18 PM ET

Fire up Gus The Bus
5 days agoEdwards rushed the ball 16 times for 52 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's 28-27 loss to Jacksonville.

Spin: Edwards dominated work out of the Baltimore backfield, as no other running back recorded more than two carries in the game. His actual performance wasn't all that inspiring and was largely salvaged by a one-yard touchdown plunge late in the fourth quarter. However, Edwards was inefficient and also lost a key fumble moments after his touchdown, which led directly to Baltimore's loss. Until J.K. Dobbins (knee) is able to return, the team doesn't have great options to supplant Edwards as the lead back, so he should continue to see consistent work for the time being

a young WR2 (ranked 13-24 ish) or I high 1st.... Dobbins doesn't have much value right now, don't even think he is worth a 1st on his own right now with everyone starting to get draft crazy

In a dynasty league, what would someone have to give up in addition to Dobbins for Saquon Barkley?
According to one man, that man being Dan Hindery and his trade value chart article on this site, around pick 1.9 and fwiw the pick has more value then Dobbins. Put another way based on his chart two Dobbins would come up a little short of one Barkley.

I personally find myself doing a bit of a 180 on Dobbins. As in I used to think he was overrated for fantasy, was in fact the one guy this year I mentioned in a thread here was on my Do Not Draft list entering the year-he was literally the only player on this list for me. Now I think he's a really good buy low.

J.K. Dobbins (knee) participated in Ravens practice Thursday.​

The Ravens don't have to officially update Dobbins' status since he remains on injured reserve, but coach John Harbaugh has said he is "in play" to return against the Steelers. If Dobbins does make it back for the first time since Week 6, we would not expect him to be the leader of the Ravens' increasingly-confusing backfield committee. Even with six teams on bye, we can't trust Dobbins for the final week of the fantasy playoffs.
Dec 8, 2022, 2:20 PM ET

In a dynasty league, what would someone have to give up in addition to Dobbins for Saquon Barkley?
According to one man, that man being Dan Hindery and his trade value chart article on this site, around pick 1.9 and fwiw the pick has more value then Dobbins. Put another way based on his chart two Dobbins would come up a little short of one Barkley.

I personally find myself doing a bit of a 180 on Dobbins. As in I used to think he was overrated for fantasy, was in fact the one guy this year I mentioned in a thread here was on my Do Not Draft list entering the year-he was literally the only player on this list for me. Now I think he's a really good buy low.

In FFPC superflex, the day after Thanksgiving, I sent a buy-low offer of Garoppolo and Gibson for Dobbins. I was surprised when it was accepted with no counter.

In FFPC superflex, the day after Thanksgiving, I sent a buy-low offer of Garoppolo and Gibson for Dobbins. I was surprised when it was accepted with no counter.
If I was wanting Barkley, how much value would I need to add to Dobbins to hopefully get a deal done?

If I was wanting Barkley, how much value would I need to add to Dobbins to hopefully get a deal done?

I'd start at a 2023 1st plus Dobbins.
What about Dobbins and Bateman for Barkley? I know this doesn't matter, but the trade calculator says that is too much in dynasty, but I disagree.
Maybe. If it's a rebuild. If so, I wouldn't expect him to have Barkley in the first place. There's a lot of risk with Bateman and Dobbins, so I probably wouldn't do it.

What about Dobbins and Bateman for Barkley? I know this doesn't matter, but the trade calculator says that is too much in dynasty, but I disagree.

It would depend on a ton of other factors, like whether the guy who has Barkley is contending himself or if he's in sell-off mode. I have Bateman on a bunch of teams. I don't think anyone's paying a 1st for him. If you wanted to start by offering Bateman instead of a 1st, I don't think that's a bad idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy wants more for Barkley.

It would depend on a ton of other factors, like whether the guy who has Barkley is contending himself or if he's in sell-off mode. I have Bateman on a bunch of teams. I don't think anyone's paying a 1st for him. If you wanted to start by offering Bateman instead of a 1st, I don't think that's a bad idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy wants more for Barkley.
He's a rebuilding team

Ravens activated RB J.K. Dobbins (knee) from injured reserve.​

Dobbins has practiced the last two weeks while on IR. He'll return for the first time since Week 6 on Sunday for a division matchup with the Steelers. The extended absence makes it likely Dobbins will be part of a committee with Gus Edwards, making this a situation to avoid this week. The Ravens waived RB Mike Davis to offset Dobbins' return.
SOURCE: ESPN
Dec 10, 2022, 12:04 PM ET

As per ESPN game day broadcast:

JK Dobbins knee feels considerably better from the procedure in October, has looked good running the ball in practice and don’t be be surprised if they lean on him in the run game to get more explosive plays assuming that his knee feels as good as he says it does

I thought he looked good in his highlights. Said in his press conference he got caught on his long run because he is not in good shape. If he only gets better than yesterday than holders have to be excited.

I thought he looked good in his highlights. Said in his press conference he got caught on his long run because he is not in good shape. If he only gets better than yesterday than holders have to be excited.
This was my hope when I saw that run, really wanted it to be conditioning and not knee related.

A fit Dobbins in the Ravens running game is dynamite. Let’s just hope he can get back there because dynasty owners will reap the benefits

When I saw that replay I was 😳.

But he kept playing, looked fine, no one seemed worried. So, shrug.

Stands to reason he doesn't have long speed. Hasn't had any conditioning time.

Hoping Lamar is back this week because even against CLE, the gamescript could go south if BALT has to start an undrafted rookie.

Probably will not have much choice but to start him regardless.

Did he get targeted in the passing game? Could swear that's been in his arsenal. Otherwise, he's just another gus bus.

Hoping Lamar is back this week because even against CLE, the gamescript could go south if BALT has to start an undrafted rookie.

Probably will not have much choice but to start him regardless.

Did he get targeted in the passing game? Could swear that's been in his arsenal. Otherwise, he's just another gus bus.
I believe I heard that he will be out 2 weeks.

Glad to see the volume and quality of play here for him. However, as others astutely noticed and commented on earlier here, it sure looked like he was having trouble in the open field. Seemed like he was having trouble with his left knee or hammy on his 50-yd run. Hope this was just a momentary twinge and nothing permanent. It would be unfortunate to have the injury / surgery be a career impacting event. The 2020 RB class has had some tough luck, sans J.Taylor...

ALL OF YESTERDAYS RUNS
I saw a RB who was just favoring his hurt knee in that long run, not out of pain but uncertainty. He gained confidence as the game progressed, im delclaring him back and he will be as good as new next season, top 12 pick redraft 2023:shades:
He looked pretty good to these eyes. Made some sharp cuts.

The line did a pretty good job on all these runs. Didn't see one run where someone was in the backfield and he had to redirect.

I'm considering dropping Jamaal Williams for this guy - am I crazy?* Thinking of upside and fresh legs for the playoffs. I have Walker and Pierce so I might need the help. Also, Detroit has really been clicking in the passing game (which does not include Williams), although I think that is at least partially due to a string of favorable passing matchups. They do have more favorable rushing matchups in weeks 15 (@Car) and 16 (vChi), but then again, Swift is more in the outlook than earlier.

I am concerned, however, about the Ravens' QB situation producing low scoring games or the wrong side of blowouts.

What tier of RB would you drop for Dobbins?

*2-3 weeks ago I was wondering why I hadn't played Jamaal more. FF moves fast.

When I saw the new action in this thread I just assumed it was to announce another injury. I have to take him off of my IR spot and cut somebody for him next week.

Users who are viewing this thread