What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Robinson, NE (3 Viewers)

They are? They're in red on all the sites I've seen for pts given up to RBs.
about 100 yards per game to RB's allowed. plus the rushing yards cam and allen had (so you are right the number of rush yards per game is a bit skewed due to the running qb's)

I sold Robinson high. He seems like a tough one to sell because no one still wants to believe, but I got a stringer starting QB and a WR out of him. 

James Robinson rushed 11 times for 46 yards and two touchdowns in the Jaguars' Week 3 loss to the Dolphins, adding six receptions for 83 additional yards. 

Robinson was the proverbial bright spot on an otherwise dismal evening, notching both of the Jags' touchdowns and leading the team in receiving. Some of it was due to Dolphins LB Elandon Roberts seeming unaware of how to tackle, but Robinson was adding on serious yardage after first contact. His six receptions more than doubled his total from Weeks 1 and 2. If Robinson is catching 3-4 weekly passes, he will be a locked-in RB2 who offers occasional RB1 viability. The Bengals' nonexistent run defense presents one such opportunity for Week 4. 

Sep 24, 2020, 11:27 PM ET

And to think I was worried when I woke up and saw ESPN headline: Jaguars' Robinson Ejected for Contact With Official. 

Who knew they had two?. 

Looked solid out there in a game tilted away from him and he still found the usage.

I was holding on to Ozigbo as a lotto ticket flyer for when he returned as he was talked up in camp, but this is obviously Robinson's show.

it's pretty amazing this kid went undrafted all because his 40 time at the combine stunk. he's got great burst and vision and looks like a natural receiver. at this point those doubting him must not have watched him play. to a much lesser extent i now feel like what doug marone must have felt watching the kid in camp. He explained in detail prior to week 1 about being so impressed in camp that he requested his staff get him j-rob's college tape so he could watch it to confirm it was real.

The more I see of this kid, the more impressed I am.  

I am curious: if you were to re-rank the rookies for dynasty, where would you slot Robinson?  Would Robinson go in the first round?  Would you take him ahead of Zack Moss?  Antonio Gibson?  Cam Akers?  I realize we are only 3 games into his young career, but he has clearly answered the call, so is there any reason to doubt he can be the long-term answer at RB for the Jags?  

The more I see of this kid, the more impressed I am.  

I am curious: if you were to re-rank the rookies for dynasty, where would you slot Robinson?  Would Robinson go in the first round?  Would you take him ahead of Zack Moss?  Antonio Gibson?  Cam Akers?  I realize we are only 3 games into his young career, but he has clearly answered the call, so is there any reason to doubt he can be the long-term answer at RB for the Jags?  
I mean Keshawn Vaughn was going 1.7, so I think for sure Robinson is a first and goes before the WRs. I'd take him over Moss/Gibson in a heartbeat. Akers is debatable (pre-injury even). Right now, if the Akers owner offered me him s/u for Robinson, I'd think about it and probably pull the trigger, even though I need to start JR. But even then, I'm not so sure.

It's funny, if Robinson were even a 5th round NFL pick and going in the mid-rounds in dynasty drafts everyone would be stone cold over the moon. What a difference the UDFA stigma makes.

I mean Keshawn Vaughn was going 1.7, so I think for sure Robinson is a first and goes before the WRs. I'd take him over Moss/Gibson in a heartbeat. Akers is debatable (pre-injury even). Right now, if the Akers owner offered me him s/u for Robinson, I'd think about it and probably pull the trigger, even though I need to start JR. But even then, I'm not so sure.

It's funny, if Robinson were even a 5th round NFL pick and going in the mid-rounds in dynasty drafts everyone would be stone cold over the moon. What a difference the UDFA stigma makes.
This sounds about right.  I would still take Robinson behind Akers, as well as at least Lamb and Jeudy at receiver. I worry that Robinson's UDFA status does get him a shorter leash if he falters along the way or gets injured.  We have seen guys like Thomas Rawls look amazing for short stints only to quickly fade into nothing, and even Spencer Ware never regained his footing once an injury derailed him.  Nevertheless, I think Robinson goes in the back end of the first round in dynasty rookie drafts if they were held today.  

Picked him up in both leagues before the season started. Took Mixon in round one and thought he’d be what Robinson is. Fantasy is nutty sometimes. 

Gamescript Proof! with his receiving ability, I think Chris Thompson is competent COP back for him. I think we all  are thinking he is legit top 24 back this year. I'm one of them. I'm not too worried about the Ozigbo/Armstead returns either now. 

The only issue left is if you choose to sell high after his strong start. I think anyone who 'sold high' after Week 1 and Week 2 prolly regrets it though. I think week 3 is his true ceiling, since w/o Chark, he was also the #1 receiver. I think you got to keep him unless a top 15 back is offered? but I don't anticipate that being a thing. I'd be interested if anyone can share what they traded him for?

I just checked yahoo trade market feature and I saw someone traded James Robinson for Devante Parker and another traded away Robinson/Will Fuller for Le'veon Bell and Michael Thomas, but those leagues prolly suck?

Gamescript Proof! with his receiving ability, I think Chris Thompson is competent COP back for him. I think we all  are thinking he is legit top 24 back this year. I'm one of them. I'm not too worried about the Ozigbo/Armstead returns either now. 

The only issue left is if you choose to sell high after his strong start. I think anyone who 'sold high' after Week 1 and Week 2 prolly regrets it though. I think week 3 is his true ceiling, since w/o Chark, he was also the #1 receiver. I think you got to keep him unless a top 15 back is offered? but I don't anticipate that being a thing. I'd be interested if anyone can share what they traded him for?

I just checked yahoo trade market feature and I saw someone traded James Robinson for Devante Parker and another traded away Robinson/Will Fuller for Le'veon Bell and Michael Thomas, but those leagues prolly suck?
QBs in my redraft league are high scoring. 6 PT tds and yardage bonuses.

I traded him last week for Matt Ryan and Sony Michel.  I had been starting Tom Brady and my team is 0-2.

I immediately regret it after last night. But I do have CEH and Miles Sanders as my starters. 

Missing Robinson in my flex.

Every year there's a handful of week 1 waiver pickups that everyone scrambles for, and of those only 1 or 2 actually have the ability to change an owner's season.  So glad I managed to get Robinson in at least one league, kicking myself for not bidding more for him in the others but man this guy is going to help some folks win their leagues for sure.  Low RB1 production is definitely within range for him and for no cost that's a league winner

He won't have two TDs every week but I don't look at this week as his ceiling. The Jags offense struggled and he only had 11 carries. He has matchups like Cincy and Det coming up where he could have a lot more success on the ground. It's not like he's only catching passes when his team is behind. The Jags first play of the game as a 24 yd dump off to Robinson. I think that role is likely to expand, which will make him matchup proof. 

James Robinson played 30-of-66 snaps (45 percent) in Week 3 against Miami.

It’s down from the 68% Robinson played in Week 1 and the 51% snap share he had last week. Robinson had two redzone scores and led Jacksonville in receiving (83) despite a negative gamescript that had them chasing points. The Jaguars went with Chris Thompson (45%) and Laviska Shenault in pass heavy sets, cutting into Robinson's ceiling. Robinson should have better gameflow for a Week 4 matchup with the Bengals.

Sep 25, 2020, 9:26 AM ET

He won't have two TDs every week but I don't look at this week as his ceiling. The Jags offense struggled and he only had 11 carries. He has matchups like Cincy and Det coming up where he could have a lot more success on the ground. It's not like he's only catching passes when his team is behind. The Jags first play of the game as a 24 yd dump off to Robinson. I think that role is likely to expand, which will make him matchup proof. 
Three down pass-catching and GL back off the waiver wire. (Or 5th round rookie pick fro some of us ;)  )

When it's not being capricious and cruel, this hobby can be pretty fun.

Three down pass-catching and GL back off the waiver wire. (Or 5th round rookie pick fro some of us ;)  )

When it's not being capricious and cruel, this hobby can be pretty fun.
People tend to underestimate the value in backfields on bad teams or with no clear bellcow. When you hear the experts saying "stay away from this teams backfield, its a mess" is a great time to target those players on the cheap. 

Users who are viewing this thread