What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Josh Jacobs, GB (4 Viewers)

single-handedly keeping my team alive after an abysmal start (for me, not him).

Always believed in the talent and was always surprised when they didn't ride him the past couple of seasons. Was happy to get him in the 4th round this year (My 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th round picks are all major busts) but never expected this.

I got decimated with injuries in one of my leagues and yet, making the playoffs at 6-6. Basically, when Jacobs goes off, I win, when he had a "normal" week, I lose. Weird year for me, 3 times I had to lowest score of the league, 3 times the highest...LOL...basically it all depends on Jacobs. When the guy goes off, he explodes...it's nuts.

Latest blurb on Jacobs calf injury is saying he may not practice at all this week and they "hope he can go."

Can't decide if this is boy crying wolf or what after he just churned out 300+ yards. Maybe he gutted it out, but his calf got worse?

Z. White and Abdullah now in the waiver gunsights.

Latest blurb on Jacobs calf injury is saying he may not practice at all this week and they "hope he can go."

Can't decide if this is boy crying wolf or what after he just churned out 300+ yards. Maybe he gutted it out, but his calf got worse?

Z. White and Abdullah now in the waiver gunsights.
His last play was an 80+ yard TD run, and he looked completely healthy after the game. Given his contract situation, I fully expect him to be out there next Sunday. Either way, Jacobs owners should already have Zamir on their roster. White looked very good last week on limited touches, and he's a strong start against that porous Charger run D. Yes, he will cede passing down work to Abdullah, but it would present the perfect opportunity to see what they have in the kid. Despite there being a big group of FA RB's this off-season, I imagine Jacobs will get a lot of love from a few needy teams. The Raiders need to see what they have in White.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Josh Jacobs (calf) "hopes" to play in Week 13 against the Chargers.​

Jacobs, per Pelissero, won't practice much this week following his monster Week 12 outing against the Seahawks. He's struggling through a calf issue that apparently threatens his Week 13 availability. If he suits up, Jacobs will match up against one of the NFL's softest rush defenses. Zamir White and Ameer Adbullah should be rostered in deeper leagues in case Jacobs is sidelined this week.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Nov 29, 2022, 9:46 AM ET

Maybe he gutted it out, but his calf got worse?
I think so. At one point Sunday he was questionable to return. He said the training staff did not want him to return and he convinced them he could. This was near the end of regulation.

Most of my leagues regular season's wrapped up Sunday and that one 80 yard run knocked two teams of mine out of the playoffs and cost another team a highly coveted #2 seed. Not sure I can recall a more impactful single worst play in fantasy over the years that was to me. Of course there is always the other side and that side must have been feeling glorious.

He's been the fantasy MVP of the season IMO, relative to his production vs cost. I don't own him. Was on him a few leagues last year and did not enjoy the experience and for multiple reasons I never saw this coming and would consider it my biggest mistake of the season. Kudos to those who did but for me personally I sure won't mind if he needs to sit a few games out and rest that calf.

Josh Jacobs (calf) remained "limited" for Thursday's practice.​

The back-to-back limited sessions put Jacobs on track to play against the Chargers' league-worst run defense, but it's still not a done deal. Going full on Friday would really, really help. As it is, we are expected another limited day followed by a "questionable" tag. The preponderance of evidence does suggest Jacobs will follow up his historic Week 12 by suiting up for this A+ matchup.
Dec 1, 2022, 6:40 PM ET

Josh Jacobs (calf) is questionable for Week 13 against the Chargers.​

Jacobs was limited in practice throughout the week, putting him on the optimistic side of questionable for Week 13. The Raiders play in the afternoon window of games, so the pivots would be few and far between if Jacobs is a surprise inactive. Zameer White would likely be made active and get plenty of carries, putting him on the RB3/4 radar. Assuming Jacobs goes, he will be a clear-cut RB1 in a great matchup versus the Chargers.
Dec 2, 2022, 5:04 PM ET

I hope he leaves the Raiders for a better team. But not sure a contender breaks the bank for him. Weird situation.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Josh Jacobs (calf) will play in Week 13 against the Chargers.​

Things were trending this way in the morning, but the confirmation ahead of the first wave of games is a nice touch from Schefter. Jacobs went down with a calf injury in Week 12 but returned in overtime without any time missed. He singlehandedly ended the game with an 86-yard touchdown run. After getting in limited practices throughout the week, Jacobs should be a full-go for his game versus LA. He will rank as a top-five fantasy back in a great matchup with the Chargers' horrid run defense.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Dec 4, 2022, 12:05 PM ET

Josh Jacobs rushed 26 times for 144 yards and one touchdown in the Raiders' 27-20, Week 13 win over the Chargers.​

Despite being limited in practice all week and questionable heading into Sunday, Jacobs ripped off another signature performance. Gouging a hapless Chargers defense all afternoon, as defenders tried tirelessly to bring him down. Jacobs would find the end zone on a 20-yard touchdown run midway through the second quarter to give the Raiders their first touchdown of the day, and had three carries of 10 or more yards on the afternoon. He nearly missed scoring a second touchdown to close out the third quarter but provided more than enough to please fantasy managers. Assuming he's healthy, he'll be a top-12 back in Week 14 when he faces the Rams on Thursday night.
Dec 4, 2022, 8:03 PM ET

Raiders listed Josh Jacobs (quad/calf) as a limited participant on their Monday practice report.​

Jacobs opening the week as a limited participant is an encouraging sign as he heads into a short week before facing the Rams on Thursday. Despite dealing with calf issues last week, Jacobs ripped off 144 rushing yards and a touchdown against the Chargers and should be in line for another productive day against a depleted Rams defense. He can be treated as a top-12 back until further notice.
Dec 5, 2022, 5:08 PM ET

Raiders listed Josh Jacobs (quad/calf) as a limited participant on their Wednesday practice report.​

Jacobs enters tomorrow with a questionable tag and has been listed as limited all week. However, it appears he will be ready to roll on Thursday night against the Rams. Assuming he's healthy, Jacobs will have a top-12 fantasy upside against a Rams team that's facing a down season on both sides of the ball. Jacobs rushed for 144 yards and a touchdown on his calf injury last week against the Chargers, and should be in line for another big performance in prime time.
Dec 7, 2022, 5:14 PM ET

Jacobs will have a top-12 fantasy upside

LOL, Jacobs is the fantasy RB1 overall after 12 games. His 244 (0.5 PPR) pts is outpacing the #13 RB by 84 pts! (53%!)
Top 12 upside yes. #1 now. But if you drafted Jacob it's because Kamara, Swift, Conner, Jones, Harrris, and Javonte were already drafted. Definitely some luck in FF.

But if you drafted Jacob it's because Kamara, Swift, Conner, Jones, Harrris, and Javonte were already drafted

Speaking honestly, I was targeting Jacobs in the middle rounds over all of these guys at their respective ADP rounds. Not b/c I expected JJ to have an All-Pro (HOF) type season - no one did - but because I thought he was great value as a mid-round starting RB in what I thought would be a good offense. He ended up on 100% of my three teams as a result. I was able to round out those teams with one of either Allen or Hurts at QB1 (two of three leagues are 2QB or SF and the third is 12-team 6 pt pass TDs, where I picked Allen in rd 2 and Jacobs rd 4). In all three leagues I was also able to get two of Jefferson, Tyreek or AJ Brown ahead of Jacobs. Needless to say, I am the total pts leader in all three leagues, and hopefully my 'luck' will continue through the playoffs when you really do have to be very lucky to win 2-3 weeks in a row against other solid teams.

But if you drafted Jacob it's because Kamara, Swift, Conner, Jones, Harrris, and Javonte were already drafted

Speaking honestly, I was targeting Jacobs in the middle rounds over all of these guys at their respective ADP rounds. Not b/c I expected JJ to have an All-Pro (HOF) type season - no one did - but because I thought he was great value as a mid-round starting RB in what I thought would be a good offense. He ended up on 100% of my three teams as a result. I was able to round out those teams with one of either Allen or Hurts at QB1 (two of three leagues are 2QB or SF and the third is 12-team 6 pt pass TDs, where I picked Allen in rd 2 and Jacobs rd 4). In all three leagues I was also able to get two of Jefferson, Tyreek or AJ Brown ahead of Jacobs. Needless to say, I am the total pts leader in all three leagues, and hopefully my 'luck' will continue through the playoffs when you really do have to be very lucky to win 2-3 weeks in a row against other solid teams.
Yeah same here. I targeted Jacobs based on my own projections as tremendous value vs his adp. Point scoring leader in my big money league as well.

Yeah same here. I targeted Jacobs based on my own projections as tremendous value vs his adp. Point scoring leader in my big money league as well.
Had him last season and felt he was on the cusp of greatness if he had a coach that knew how to exploit his skills.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Josh Jacobs (quad/calf) is expected to play on Thursday against the Rams.​

Jacobs' Week 14 status was never really in doubt. He played on this injury last week and racked up 144 yards and a touchdown, and has played through other injuries this season. Facing a Rams defense that will be without Aaron Donald, Jacobs and the Raiders should have plenty of opportunities to produce in a game that should feature a very positive game script for the Raiders. Fire Jacobs up in his typical fantasy RB1 role.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Dec 8, 2022, 8:12 AM ET

Had him last season and felt he was on the cusp of greatness if he had a coach that knew how to exploit his skills.
I had him last year on several teams and don't at all recall it like you are putting it. I recall a guy who started the year on MNF with a gimpy foot and was not healthy for a large chunk of the season.
He did miss 2 games, yup, but this dude always seems banged up, every week lately this season. Last year it seemed like holes closed quicker on him. Reminds me of Mixon this year.

Was just something about him that he had the fire, the offense just did not revolve around him as much as it seems it does this year. Had to put a definite answer to it, I just saw something I liked and wanted to retain him after last season to see if anything improved this year. He cost me literally nothing to keep in my $250 cap auction/keeper league this season ($15), so I feel I'm ahead for the most part (in comparison: Henry $56, Ekelar $55, CMC $51, Harris $50, Chubb $46, Kamara $44), Cook $42, Barkley $34, Conner $32)

He did miss 2 games, yup, but this dude always seems banged up, every week lately this season. Last year it seemed like holes closed quicker on him. Reminds me of Mixon this year.
Missed 2 games but was highly limited in several other games. I remember Vic Tafur of The Athletic hyping him up last year, right down to the opener and I drafted him on some huge leagues. When I saw him that MNF opener looking like was walking barefoot on broken glass was not a happy moment. I'm not one to get butthurt when a player gets injured in fantasy but I was awfully sore at Tafur for the hyping this guy up and never once mentioning his foot was an issue.

But as frustrating as last season was to own him even then he did close strong last year. Might have all had to do with health. I do think Gruden wanted to ride him big last year, just never go a shot, he was long gone by the time Jacobs was healthy.

As for his current calf injury I wonder if he's getting a pre-game shot and if so that I'd like some of that.

Josh Jacobs rushed 27 times for 99 yards and one touchdown in the Raiders' Week 14 loss to the Rams, adding two catches for an additional 15 yards.​

Jacobs would score the only touchdown for the Raiders on the opening drive. He would later leave the contest for x-rays on his pinky before returning for the final quarter of play. Jacobs has battled through injuries for each of the past three games now, narrowly missing his fourth consecutive 100-yard showing on the ground. Fantasy managers have to be thrilled with the continued production heading into a difficult Week 15 matchup with the Patriots.
Dec 8, 2022, 11:52 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Josh Jacobs will undergo testing on his injured pinkie finger.​

Jacobs left Thursday night's game against the Rams briefly to have his pinky finger popped back into place. He returned and operated as the team's workhorse back. That Jacobs was able to re-enter the game is likely good news for his Week 15 status. He's handled a massive workload of late, logging 110 carries over the Raiders' past four games.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Dec 9, 2022, 12:46 PM ET

Uh oh. Hope a broken finger doesn’t keep him out for a while
I had to play against that SOB last night. I wish they would have kept him out of the game entirely.
Always the other side of the coin and I faced him in 3 playoff games and in general each of the last 3 weeks I've faced him in either a playoff game or he directly impacted my playoff seeding or making the playoffs. To me he's like a cockroach that won't die.

Uh oh. Hope a broken finger doesn’t keep him out for a while
I had to play against that SOB last night. I wish they would have kept him out of the game entirely.
Always the other side of the coin and I faced him in 3 playoff games and in general each of the last 3 weeks I've faced him in either a playoff game or he directly impacted my playoff seeding or making the playoffs. To me he's like a cockroach that won't die.

as someone who rosters him on a 1st place team cruising into a bye week next week, I LOVE this cockroach!

Josh Jacobs (quad/hand) was limited in Wednesday's practice.​

Sporting a red non-contact jersey and medical tape around his injured finger, Jacobs was back on the practice field Wednesday. Through the first 14 weeks of the season, Jacobs has played through a myriad of injuries while rushing for a league-high 1,402 yards. Assuming he guts out another performance in Week 15 against the Patriots, Jacobs is a must-start in every fantasy format.
Dec 14, 2022, 6:46 PM ET

I've never wished injury to anyone and never will, but I would like Jacobs to not play this week. He has killed me all season in my regular season matchups with the teams i'm playing in the playoffs. A simple Out status would be appreciated.

I've never wished injury to anyone and never will, but I would like Jacobs to not play this week. He has killed me all season in my regular season matchups with the teams i'm playing in the playoffs. A simple Out status would be appreciated.

what? the guy has played amazing every week he has rested and is the number 1 rb in the league. That's crazy talk

what? the guy has played amazing every week he has rested and is the number 1 rb in the league. That's crazy talk

I'm saying this because I am playing him this week.

Somebody shirt this guy.

Somebody shirt this guy.
Shirt?

Somebody shirt this guy.
Shirt?
:ptts:

Users who are viewing this thread