What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (6 Viewers)

The Browns with Hunt will make the call on how much he plays in week 12. Yes, there is a bye week 13. If I were management I would play him if cleared and he passes all the tests. I would want to win this game using the best possible game script to produce that result. I would also limit Hunt's usage if need be and go with game flow.

Personally I own Hunt in two leagues and he will most likely not crack the lineup in either as much as I would be giddy playing him if fully up to speed. I have luxury of waiting until week 14. I would say he nets 3-5 catches and 40-60 total yards and a .5 chance at a TD this week. He's good for 10-12 points with upside. Wouldn't surprise me to see him score a TD and get you 15-17 points either. 
Yeah, I only have him in one. He rides the bench this week with foreman starting. 

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Kareem Hunt (calf, IR) will play in Week 12 against the Ravens.

Right tackle Jack Conklin is also expected to be activated from injured reserve and return to the field on Sunday. Cleveland will likely be short several receivers since Jarvis Landry, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and Anthony Schwartz are all dealing with injuries, but Hunt's return should pad some of the team's receiving production. Nick Chubb averaged 18 carries in five games with Hunt this year and remains the stronger RB1 option over his teammate.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 26, 2021, 1:10 PM ET

I personally have a tough decision ahead between Hunt, A. Jones or Dillon for my RB2. My hope is that Jones is inactive and roll with AJ, if not do I bet that Jones returns to full load RB1 status or take the safe floor with Hunt in a game they should be passing more than usual??

I personally have a tough decision ahead between Hunt, A. Jones or Dillon for my RB2. My hope is that Jones is inactive and roll with AJ, if not do I bet that Jones returns to full load RB1 status or take the safe floor with Hunt in a game they should be passing more than usual??
If Jones sits, your decision is easy.  But if he plays, why is he automatically a must start over Dillon?  I know, strange question, right?

Week 10 - Dillon played 36 snaps and scored 26.8 PPR FP on 23 touches
Week 10 - Jones played 34 snaps and scored 12.6 PPR FP on 11 touches

Week 9 - Dillon played 24 snaps and scored 13.0 PPR FP on 12 touches
Week 9 - Jones played 40 snaps and scored 5.3 PPR FP on 12 touches

Week 8 - Jones played 48 snaps and scored 24.0 PPR FP on 22 touches
Week 8 - Dillon played 29 snaps and scored 7.8 PPR FP on 16 touches

Week 7 - Jones played 41 snaps and scored 8.9 PPR FP on 11 touches
Week 7 - Dillon played 13 snaps and scored 1.8 PPR FP on 4 touches

Week 6 - Jones played 35 snaps and scored 21.0 PPR FP on 17 touches
Week 6 - Dillon played 25 snaps and scored 5.9 PPR FP on 11 touches

Week 5 - Dillon played 21 snaps and scored 17.9 PPR FP on 12 touches
Week 5 - Jones played 44 snaps and scored 14.9 PPR FP on 18 touches

Week 4 - Jones played 45 snaps and scored 12.9 PPR FP on 18 touches
Week 4 - Dillon played 29 snaps and scored 10.7 PPR FP on 16 touches

Even though Jones has outsnapped Dillon in every game (except when he got hurt in week 10), Dillon has managed to outscore Jones in 3 out of 7 games.  Could Jones keep up with Dillon if the snaps were reversed?

I just watched Kareem Hunt's status to Healthy and just now from Healthy to Questionable. Not to throw another wrinkle into this but...

I have Hunt in two leagues. 

League 1 Sanders, Patterson, Pittman > Hunt unless Patterson is a no go

League 2  Chubb, Jacobs, M Gordon > Hunt unless I get giddy with the positive news and swap him for Gordon. Doubt it. Even D Hilliard is now a consideration for a Flex play over both of them. Wow. 

Browns activated RB Kareem Hunt (calf) from injured reserve.

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski has already said Hunt, who the team listed as questionable, will be active for Sunday night's game with the Ravens. Out since Week 7, Hunt's workload is hard to predict behind Nick Chubb, but injuries at receiver should create a few more targets and lead to a run-heavy game script. The Browns also activated RT Jack Conklin ahead of Week 12.

Nov 27, 2021, 10:18 AM ET

He's not going to play until week 14

I'll happily take the L here.

This marks the third RB this year to miss multiple weeks and return to their game before the bye. Montgomery and CEH were the other two but they were knee injuries and not soft tissue, not what I expected for sure but glad to see it.

I'll happily take the L here.

This marks the third RB this year to miss multiple weeks and return to their game before the bye. Montgomery and CEH were the other two but they were knee injuries and not soft tissue, not what I expected for sure but glad to see it.
Yeah for sure. Thinking about paying the deposit to send my 1st for Hunt and a 3rd in a league I am right on the verge of making a strong playoff push. But...probably not. 

Glad to be getting him back in some others spots. I meant to tell you after our small back and forth on CEH that I did end up starting him over Darrel last week in all spots. Very glad I did. And I don't really have many shares of Monty but I managed to bench Herbert on MNF that week Monty came back, which was a tough choice. I have a *lot* of Herbert. 

But yeah I can point to a couple other calls that worked out for me but then there are 100 others I messed up on. 

TLDR we're all throwing Hunt out there tomorrow, right?

Pretty much.  Would you start him over Damien Harris (who is questionable against TEN)?  
What you said. Yep. If Stevenson is out it is closer but I do agree with the take I've been seeing out there that with so many receivers down for Cleveland, they would be wise to feature Hunt in the passing game, which he is obviously very good at. And they have never been shy about using him near the goal line. 

That said I don't hate the Damien Harris situation if he plays and Stevenson is out. But targets >>> carries for me.

What you said. Yep. If Stevenson is out it is closer but I do agree with the take I've been seeing out there that with so many receivers down for Cleveland, they would be wise to feature Hunt in the passing game, which he is obviously very good at. And they have never been shy about using him near the goal line. 

That said I don't hate the Damien Harris situation if he plays and Stevenson is out. But targets >>> carries for me.
Yeah, for me, I think it's just that Hunt has a higher floor.  You never know what might happen in NE, with both backs questionable.  Could be a split, could be clear (one plays one doesn't), or could be a total mess (both active, but one gets most of the work, meaning the other does nothing).  No idea.

Kareem Hunt rushed seven times for 20 yards in Week 12 against the Ravens.

Hunt played 39% of snaps in his first game action since Week 7. The gameflow was working in his favor this week with Cleveland chasing the Ravens the entire game. Hunt wasn't involved in the pass game, getting just one target, but he's in line for a larger receiving role in Cleveland's post-Beckham offense. Hunt gets another matchup with the Ravens when the Browns return from their bye in Week 14.

Nov 29, 2021, 1:03 AM ET

Browns RB Kareem Hunt (ankle) will undergo an MRI on Monday.

The MRI is "precautionary," with coach Kevin Stefanski saying Hunt could have returned to Sunday’s game if needed. That's an encouraging sign, though even if he avoids a sprain, Hunt's Week 15 status is still in question. D'Ernest Johnson and rookie Demetric Felton would pick up Hunt's snaps if he's forced to miss time.

SOURCE: ESPN

Dec 12, 2021, 10:46 PM ET

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Kareem Hunt (ankle) is unlikely to play in Week 15 against the Raiders. 

Hunt went down with the ankle injury in Week 14 versus the Ravens and was unable to return. He got a precautionary MRI following the game but Stefanski noted that he could have returned if needed. That seems a bit optimistic now as Stefanski called him week to week on Monday. The Browns also get a slightly short turnaround this week as they play the Raiders on Saturday. D'Ernest Johnson saw five touches last week and should be in line for backup duties versus Las Vegas. 

RELATED: 

D'Ernest Johnson

, Nick Chubb

SOURCE: Tony Grossi on Twitter

Dec 13, 2021, 1:12 PM ET

Any gut thoughts on K Hunt? For one, I hear he cannot be placed on another 3 week minimum IR and that would essentially put em out till week 18, hence he's week to week and likely out 15 and 16. I think CLE is scrambling to sense what's going on themselves. I would think since CLE is still in this thing they would like to see K Hunt back by week 17 to help secure a playoff spot. No guarantees on Hunt returning to his elite player performance level this year though.

What else do I think? Hunt is done. Just like CMC. There's hope, but he could be done.

If he's done then I can get on with my roster and waiver wire.

Coach Kevin Stefanski said Kareem Hunt (ankle) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Packers.

Hunt also remains on the Browns' COVID list, but Stefanski said the ankle is going to keep him out against Green Bay. Nick Chubb played 66% of the snaps against the Raiders Monday with Hunt sidelined. D'Ernest Johnson carried the ball once and was targeted four times on 32% of the snaps behind Chubb.

SOURCE: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter

Dec 22, 2021, 2:26 PM ET

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns have not had "substantive" extension talks with contract-year RB Kareem Hunt. 

There has been the loosest of internet chatter that Hunt will end up a trade candidate this summer because the Browns have a potential reliable No. 2 in D'Ernest Johnson behind Nick Chubb, but there is no financial incentive to move on from Hunt at this point, unless the Browns have cash-flow concerns. Considering the sorry state of the receiver corps, it seems unlikely they would be dying to deal Hunt's pass-catching ability. The most likely scenario is probably Hunt playing out his deal and hitting free agency as a 27-year-old next spring.  

SOURCE: Cleveland Plain Dealer 

Jun 2, 2022, 3:18 PM ET

I like his cost a lot more this year.  FBG has his ADP late 7th round in PPR, early-mid 8th in 1/2 PPR.  RB31 in both instances.  I don't remember where he was going last year, but it felt a lot higher.  

Contract-year RB Kareem Hunt declared himself 100% healthy after missing nine games with calf and ankle injuries last season.

Hunt missed Weeks 7-11 on injured reserve with a strained calf and then injured his ankle in Week 14, ending his year. The soon-to-be 27-year-old is now looking for an extension from the Browns, but it doesn't sound like Cleveland is in much of a rush to get one done after Hunt's injury-riddled year coupled with Nick Chubb already signed through 2024 and possibly D'Ernest Johnson a cheaper alternative to Hunt moving forward. There's a chance Hunt's snaps are dialed back some in order to get Johnson on the field more.

SOURCE: Ashley Bastock on Twitter

Jun 29, 2022, 2:15 PM ET

Kareem Hunt rushed 11 times for 46 yards and a touchdown in the Browns' Week 1 win against the Panthers, adding four receptions for 24 yards and another touchdown.

Like always, Hunt made the most of his opportunities as he and Nick Chubb ran through the Panthers defense like the wind. Hunt was used in the slot, out wide and even as fullback as the Browns' X-factor. Hunt will continue to be the Browns' second-most used option in the offense as they get a juicy matchup against the Jets in Week 2.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Kareem Hunt rushed 13 times for 58 yards in the Browns' Week 2 loss to the Jets.

Hunt added two catches for 16 yards on two targets in the pass game
. He was out-carried 17-13 by Nick Chubb and out-targeted 3-2 by his backfield mate. After Hunt scored twice in Week 1, it was Chubb's turn to carry the load, as he scored three rushing touchdowns and again went over 100 yards. Hunt will be an RB2/3 next week against the Steelers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Kareem Hunt rushed 12 times for 47 yards in the Browns' Week 3 win over the Steelers, adding three receptions for 14 additional yards.​

Hunt now has 30 touches for 135 scoreless yards over his past two appearances. That is despite the fact that he received carries from the Steelers' three- and one-yard lines in the fourth quarter this evening. He couldn't convert, and Nick Chubb came in to finish the job one play later. Hunt will continue operating as a solid RB2/FLEX in this run-based offense, but Chubb ensures his spiked weeks will be few and far between.
Sep 23, 2022, 12:11 AM ET

Same as it ever was - best #2 (NFL, not fantasy) back in the league. But he's playing behind a guy even better than him.

If you were the Brelves and the Chiefs offered you a 2023 3rd rd pick for Hunt, would you take it? How about a 2nd?

Damn it, Walrus. DO IT!

Kareem Hunt rushed four times for 12 yards in the Browns' Week 6 loss to the Patriots.

Hunt was unable to secure his only target of the day. The Browns lost this game by 23 points, so it shouldn't be surprising to see Hunt and Nick Chubb, who only had 56 rushing yards struggle. Both backs posted their worst rushing day of the season this week. Cleveland's Week 7 matchup with Baltimore will be another difficult one to get things going on the ground, but it's unlikely to go as poorly as the game did. Hunt should rebound for RB2/3 numbers next week.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Kareem Hunt had five rushes for four yards and a touchdown in the Browns' Week 7 loss to the Ravens, adding one catch for four yards.

Hunt ran two more pass routes than Nick Chubb, who has maintained a distant lead in backfield touches. Hunt scored a short touchdown in the first half against Baltimore, saving his fantasy day. As long as Hunt -- who has nine rushes over his past two games -- is splitting pass-catching duties with Chubb, he's not going to have much fantasy value even when the Browns fall behind and are forced into a pass-heavy game script.

- NBCSportsEDGE

I could have sworn, late yesterday afternoon, on Sirius/XM Fantasy Channel, I heard the host, probably Jeff Mans, say there's an agreement in principal in place sending Kareem Hunt to the Rams. The trade itself won't be consummated until after the weekend, but if I'm not mistaken, he said the news had just broken, and he was encouraging people to proactively trade for Hunt prior to this becoming mainstream knowledge.

Now, I was somewhat distracted at the time I was listening. Anyone else hear anything? I can't seem to find any news about this, anywhere else.

I could have sworn, late yesterday afternoon, on Sirius/XM Fantasy Channel, I heard the host, probably Jeff Mans, say there's an agreement in principal in place sending Kareem Hunt to the Rams. The trade itself won't be consummated until after the weekend, but if I'm not mistaken, he said the news had just broken, and he was encouraging people to proactively trade for Hunt prior to this becoming mainstream knowledge.

Now, I was somewhat distracted at the time I was listening. Anyone else hear anything? I can't seem to find any news about this, anywhere else.
Yea, it came from a questionable Twitter source that apparently makes a lot of bold calls. Seems not much behind this at the moment.

I hope I get consummated before after the weekend.

Yea, it came from a questionable Twitter source that apparently makes a lot of bold calls. Seems not much behind this at the moment.
We'll probably know sometime Monday if it's legit. See what sort of attrition develops at the position over the weekend and if more can be extracted with any trade - whether it's with the Rams or another team. Then elevate D'Ern to the primary backup role on MNF. If Hunt's playing then I have some skepticism anything develops, but may not know until it's too late for week 8 lineup purposes.

I hope I get consummated before after the weekend.
I hope I don't get constipated before the weekend. At my age you never know.

I've never heard of "Deal's done in place contingent after this guy plays and contributes to our team's success we will trade him immediately once the game's over" lol

Legal prostitution

It was Bender and Bowden who are on after Mans. I heard the same thing and posted about it in the Cleveland thread. I could not find anything to confirm it either and started to doubt what I heard from them as well. I did see the one twitter post that someone else referenced upthread, but that was it. That tweeter seemed to be a nobody just throwing out nonsense. So maybe Bender and Bowden were just playing around or speculating and I misinterpreted them, but they seemed to present it as "breaking news" at the time.

I traded Henderson straight up for Hunt in redraft hoping for a trade. If it doesn't happen, I don't think it will make that big of a difference anyway. Would be funny if he was traded to the Rams

Makes Rams sense for Hunt acquisition to counter CMC.
It's a good fit as well. Hunt's pass blocking and receiving would fit in well for what they need.

All I know is that even if he was not having a disappointing season so far I'd not start him this week unless you got a backup MNF option. Got to consider a very real chance from the time period the rest of the week finishes week 8, and does their last assessment on what they need before the deadline on Tuesday, that before kickoff on Monday night an agreement is reached and he is pulled.

Every time I see this bumped to the top I think the Rams deal finally got done. Just do it already!

Sorry, probably just did that to someone else now.

Makes Rams sense for Hunt acquisition to counter CMC. We all know McVay is brooding and plotting in the lab right now.
Hunt does make a lot of sense, we also need to lock down OBJ. With our Oline in shambles we need another WR who can get open in the short area.

If Hunt actually goes to the Rams, does he automatically become the starter there (with a learning curve for the playbook) or will it remain a timeshare for the rest of the season?

Users who are viewing this thread