What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kenyan Drake, LV (1 Viewer)

Kenyan Drake rushed six times for 11 yards and caught all five of his targets for 59 yards in the Raiders' Week 1 win over the Ravens.

Both Drake and Josh Jacobs handled 11 touches apiece, but it was Jacobs who got the money touches in the red zone and at the goal line, producing 10-34-2 on the ground with two- and 15-yard touchdown runs. Drake was featured more in the passing game and tied for third on the team with his five targets on a night Derek Carr attempts 56 throws. Drake will be tough to trust as anything more than an RB3/4 next week at the Steelers if Jacobs is going to dominate the goal-line work.

Raiders’ Kenyan Drake In Fantasy Football RB2 Picture After Josh Jacobs Ruled Out

Excerpt:

Las Vegas Raiders starting running back Josh Jacobs has been ruled out of Sunday’s game against the Steelers with injuries to his toe and ankle.

That vaults backup running back Kenyan Drake into the fantasy football RB2 conversation.

Drake is now ranked as the 19th-best running back in The Action Network’s Sean Koerner’s power rankings for the NFL’s Week 2 slate.

The Action Network’s Chris Raybon has Drake listed as the 17th-best running back this week.

“In Week 1, a banged-up Josh Jacobs played 45-of-86 snaps (about 52%) while Drake played the other 41 snaps (about 48%),” Raybon said. “The fact that no other halfback got into the game despite it going to overtime and the Raiders piling up 86 snaps tells me Drake has a high-ceiling usage rate.”

“Volume is king, so Drake is a startable RB2, but temper expectations against a stingy Steelers defense,” Raybon added.

Koerner said while Drake figures to be the workhorse back against the Steelers, he’s holding off for now on making any start/sit calls.

“The Raiders lack depth at running back, so Drake is a high floor play, but the matchup at Pittsburgh isn’t a favorable one — especially if left guard Richie Incognito is unable to suit up,” Koerner said.

Choo choo???  Too bad it’s against PITT, although singletary Had some nice runs against pitt last week. I’ll be starting him over claypool in my flex most likely. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He already has that 3rd down/hurry up offense role. He is bound to get 5-10 touches more this week due to Jacobs being out. Fire him up in the lineup is what I say! 50- 60 yards rushing, 40-60 receiving and a touch!

Can’t trust gruden with his barber talk. He’s the worst 

if you guys were frustrated with Jacobs, I’m really not sure what to expect with drake 

Expect 5 or 6 dump offs.  At least.   Raiders will be in catch up mode all game.  
I think the Raiders have a decent shot at winning this game. Steelers OL is much worse than the Ravens, and Ben isn't making anyone miss like Lamar did, and that leaves 1 more defender for coverage. 

I think this is going to be a very low scoring game. Probably like what many people thought Giants/Washington was going to be.

Drake is a decent enough start. He should be a top-20 PPR RB this week, but I'm not seeing a reason to force him into lineups if you didn't have him as a handcuff to Jacobs.

I think the Raiders have a decent shot at winning this game. Steelers OL is much worse than the Ravens, and Ben isn't making anyone miss like Lamar did, and that leaves 1 more defender for coverage. 

I think this is going to be a very low scoring game. Probably like what many people thought Giants/Washington was going to be.

Drake is a decent enough start. He should be a top-20 PPR RB this week, but I'm not seeing a reason to force him into lineups if you didn't have him as a handcuff to Jacobs.
Sadly I have to play drake cause my other options suck.    Hoping for the best but no way raiders win this game

Really don't know what to expect today. Have been back and forth on whether to plug Drake in since Jacobs was ruled out, just fear that we get something like a 12/30 with 4/5 dump offs stat line

Really don't know what to expect today. Have been back and forth on whether to plug Drake in since Jacobs was ruled out, just fear that we get something like a 12/30 with 4/5 dump offs stat line
Same. Waffling between Claypool, Ty’son, or drake at flex. Guaranteed I’ll choose the wrong one

Similar scenario; been flip-flopping between the following guys...the Drake-dump-off had me leaning him until i heard Mitchell would "carry the load" and then read that Robinson should have a lot of touches early (at least)...i wish coaches could just tell us what they planned to do! :wall:

• Drake @ PIT 
  • Eli Mitchell @ PHI
  • Robinson v. DEN

Similar scenario; been flip-flopping between the following guys...the Drake-dump-off had me leaning him until i heard Mitchell would "carry the load" and then read that Robinson should have a lot of touches early (at least)...i wish coaches could just tell us what they planned to do! :wall:

• Drake @ PIT 
  • Eli Mitchell @ PHI
  • Robinson v. DEN
Eli Mitchell all the way IMO

• Drake @ PIT 
  • Eli Mitchell @ PHI
  • Robinson v. DEN
Same scenario exactly and I'm going with Drake.

these 2 are EXACTLY why I keep flip-flopping!  :violin: LOL
Pittsburgh defended well down field against a Josh Allen, and that's what he's all about. Patiently hitting Beasley 5-7 yards at a time would have been better. Carr will take the check downs all game if needed. Of course I don't know how Pitt will change their tactics. It's just how I feel about it.

Steelers D has been really hard to run against. I think the projections for Drake seem high.
Drake makes his money Charlie Garner style. Remember him? Long ago he was catching passes for Gruden before it was cool to throw to running backs.

Also, it's hard run the ball without, you know, running the ball. Bills attempt 51 passes, Singletary + Breida get 14 carries - in a game they were winning until the 4th quarter. Inexplicable, inexcusable..... or it just proves your point. Who knows?

Just venting hear.  I have to pick two of three in non-PPR leage (Drake, Waller, Godwin).  Going Waller/Drake which means I have to players coached by Gruden in my lineup today.  Makes me want to vomit.

Just venting hear.  I have to pick two of three in non-PPR leage (Drake, Waller, Godwin).  Going Waller/Drake which means I have to players coached by Gruden in my lineup today.  Makes me want to vomit.
Over Godwin seems crazy. TB should have at least 3TDs today. Godwin likely gets 1

I don't know. --Godwin got 14 targets last week.

Well crud, I did not mean to turn this into a "who should I start thread",  so if I plug in Godwin, who do I bench?

Kenyan Drake rushed eight times for 24 yards, hauling in 3-of-6 targets for 33 yards in Las Vegas' Week 3 overtime win over the Dolphins.

More importantly, Drake was benched for Peyton Barber on third downs mid-game because, per Jon Gruden, the latter missed a pass-blocking assignment. At the end of the day, Drake barely out-targeted Barber 6-5 and was stuffed one yard short of a touchdown reception (that FB Alex Ingold later capitalized on). If he's still Las Vegas' third-down back after this game, Drake has RB3/4 FLEX value in PPR leagues in Week 4. Otherwise he can stay stashed behind Barber whether Josh Jacobs is available or not.

Pretty bad in wins, worse in losses, cut bait, seriously if you have him on a roster i would advise you to try and just part with him. Likely you did not invest much, has to be better out there. 

1 touch the whole night on healthy nimble legs? believe in him or don't but he just doesn't get the ball enough. 

Did he leave with an injury? Barber didn't touch it much either, they lost by 14 which dictated some of this. Still horrible. 

1 touch the whole night on healthy nimble legs? believe in him or don't but he just doesn't get the ball enough. 

Did he leave with an injury? Barber didn't touch it much either, they lost by 14 which dictated some of this. Still horrible. 
He went with Jacobs. I think Drake is depth now. 

6 touches including 2 receptions for 72 total yards and 2 Touchdowns on top, that's sustainable right? 
It has to be sustainable, especially this week during the byedemic. 

At least they let him play a little last week. Hopefully he has earned more touches again. I suppose you could have worse starts during the byeendoftimes. 

He was just cut today in a league of mine and I may have to pick him up and start him. With a new HC its possible they give him more touches seeing what he just did with the very few he just had.

Also very possible he sees zero increase and puts up 10 total yards on 4 touches.

:banned:

Kenyan Drake rushed four times for 30 yards in the Raiders' Week 9 loss to the Giants, adding six catches for 70 yards.

Josh Jacobs caught four balls but Kenyan Drake was still the team's first choice on the two-minute drill and obvious passing downs. His 100 yards from scrimmage today were the most he's achieved as a Raider. Las Vegas should be underdogs versus the Chiefs next week which will give Drake a shot at another eight-target game. He can be played as an RB3/4 in PPR leagues.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Scooby1974 said:
Is this kid something now with Ruggs gone and a seemingly brittle Josh Jacobs?
He's scored a lot of FP the last 3 weeks but his usage is spotty.  ECR has him way down as RB36, below AP and Boston Scott.   Doesn't seem right.  PSA - I've been wrong about EVERYTHING this year.

Three games without Gruden he is the #9 RB in my league. Throw out the Denver game as a fluke (which is as silly as taking away longest runs) and he drops to #13 RB.

He's always had talent and now he is getting touches. The Raiders have a dangerous 1-2 punch at RB.

Three games without Gruden he is the #9 RB in my league. Throw out the Denver game as a fluke (which is as silly as taking away longest runs) and he drops to #13 RB.

He's always had talent and now he is getting touches. The Raiders have a dangerous 1-2 punch at RB.
Somewhat agree. Very gamescript dependant is the problem. This week he should be pretty good. 

Somewhat agree. Very gamescript dependant is the problem. This week he should be pretty good. 
Is he really game script dependent? They were pretty much in control all game vs Phi and he got 14 carries & 3 targets. Against the Giants where they were within a score pretty much all game and he got 4 carries & 8 targets.

My feeling is he is the primary no huddle and passing back, and he's the primary backup to Jacobs in the running game  I think they like his versatility and adapt to fit him into game scripts.

Since Gruden left Drake has 35 opportunities and Jacobs has 43.

Even if he isn't a legitimate flex play ATM, he's borderline IMO, I am not sure there is another backup RB I would prefer to roster, maybe Mattison & Hubbard. The other usual suspects, Pollard, Javonte, Dillon... Herbert? Don't have the combo of proven talent and lack of durability of the starter in front of them.

Is he really game script dependent? They were pretty much in control all game vs Phi and he got 14 carries & 3 targets. Against the Giants where they were within a score pretty much all game and he got 4 carries & 8 targets.

My feeling is he is the primary no huddle and passing back, and he's the primary backup to Jacobs in the running game  I think they like his versatility and adapt to fit him into game scripts.

Since Gruden left Drake has 35 opportunities and Jacobs has 43.

Even if he isn't a legitimate flex play ATM, he's borderline IMO, I am not sure there is another backup RB I would prefer to roster, maybe Mattison & Hubbard. The other usual suspects, Pollard, Javonte, Dillon... Herbert? Don't have the combo of proven talent and lack of durability of the starter in front of them.
You bring up good pts here, and to be honest I didn’t realize it was that close. I was forced into starting him this past week and was pleasantly surprised with his output. I didn’t see much of the game though. I did however notice most of his Pts came later in the game. Due to bye weeks and injury I may have to give him another start this weekend. 

You bring up good pts here, and to be honest I didn’t realize it was that close. I was forced into starting him this past week and was pleasantly surprised with his output. I didn’t see much of the game though. I did however notice most of his Pts came later in the game. Due to bye weeks and injury I may have to give him another start this weekend. 
I think Jacobs got dinged against Philly which contributed to Drakes increased workload.  But that is pretty much another point in favor of Drake.  With Gruden he seems like the clear backup to Jacobs and he is a proven talent.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Kenyan Drake has been diagnosed with a broken right ankle is done for the season. 

This was the fear after Drake got his ankle pinned underneath him in ugly fashion on Sunday afternoon. Drake also dealt with ankle issues in 2020, though this was not an "injury prone"-type of issue. This was "a grown man just fell on my ankle"-type of issue. Drake had been more involved in the Raiders' offense since Jon Gruden's firing/Henry Ruggs' release, though he was still rarely seeing more than 10 handles per game. The biggest fantasy impact of his injury is going to be the extra targets it sends Josh Jacobs' way. Jacobs caught a career-high nine balls on Sunday, though that was with Jalen Richard on the COVID-19 list. It's possible the lifer passing-down back Richard starts claiming some third-down reps in the highly-paid Drake's absence. One month shy of his 28th birthday, Drake's bloated salary includes $5.5 million in 2022 guarantees, so he will be back in Vegas with his 53-man roster spot intact. Considering his age, role, and now this injury, however, he doesn't have much of a Dynasty league future. 

RELATED: 

Josh Jacobs

, Jalen Richard

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Dec 5, 2021, 11:17 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread