What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Latavius Murray, BUF (1 Viewer)

comes off the street last week, flies to London - averages 5.5 per carry and pounds in a goal line TD. I don't think we need to expect him to turn into JW in Denver, but if holds onto the ball, pass pro's, and take care of short yardage - nothing to say he can't be a productive RB3/flex.

New Broncos RB Latavius Murray will be inactive for Week 5 against the Colts.​

Poached off the Saints' practice squad three days ago, Murray will probably eventually figure into the Broncos' post-Javonte Williams backfield, but the turnaround was too quick this week. That leaves Mike Boone as Melvin Gordon's unquestioned backup heading into Thursday evening's contest against the Colts. Gordon has RB2 juice while Boone could perhaps be justified as a desperation FLEX in PPR leagues.
Oct 6, 2022, 1:45 PM ET

Latavius Murray rushed 15 times for 66 yards in the Broncos' Week 6 loss to the Chargers Monday night.​

Melvin Gordon got the start and handled three carries to Murray's one in the first half. But Gordon didn't see the field after the break and was seen just standing on the sideline in disbelief at what was transpiring. Murray rushed 14 times to Gordon's zero in the second half and appeared to pass him on the depth chart in the process. This offense is broken, and the coaches are trying anything with no success. Murray is certainly worth adding in all fantasy formats, but the script could flip back Gordon's direction at any moment. None of the Denver running backs are recommended Week 7 starts against the Jets.
Oct 18, 2022, 12:00 AM ET

Will try to find the quote, but credit to the FFA...while everyone on nat'l radio was pointing to Boone, several here pointed to Murray...including a post noting the opinion of the Local Beat Writer that Boone would back up Murray/Gordon (and we knew Gordon was in the dog house).

Unbelievable. I've got to think Murray is the #1 or #2 pickup (WDale R.) this week.
Probably, but in that offense maybe not.

I'm thinking Kenyan Drake personally. At least the Ravens can put up points, Dobbins knee is acting up and Drake took advantage of his opportunities this week.

They're both probably big nothing burgers.

Will try to find the quote, but credit to the FFA...while everyone on nat'l radio was pointing to Boone, several here pointed to Murray...including a post noting the opinion of the Local Beat Writer that Boone would back up Murray/Gordon (and we knew Gordon was in the dog house).

I second this! 2 weeks ago when Williams went down everyone put in bids for Boone, but thanks to the sharks on here they kept saying Murray was the play. It didn't look good after sitting out their Thursday game due to a quick turnaround from London, but I'm liking that I was able to get him for $2 of my FAAB because he was overlooked.

Looked decent last night. Maybe a FLEX play for the desperate, but if this DEN offense can figure itself out (aka fire Hackett) could be more there.

Tweet from Allbright

"This week (TNF) I'd expect it to be Gordon/Boone/Ozigbo

Going forward I'd expect a split between Murray and Gordon with Boone as RB3."

He's been pretty spot on for RB usage in Denver the last 2 years.
Glad I followed this and got Murray for free instead of paying up for Boone.

Probably not too useful except in deeper leagues, but my dynasty waivers are so bare this qualifies as an exciting find.

(RotoWire) Coach Nathaniel Hackett said Wednesday that Melvin Gordon will start Sunday's game against the Jets, while Murray will have a role off the bench, Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com reports.

Well that is disappointing. I was hoping Murray would flat out start after the split in Week 6.

I want to see how this whole thing plays out. I would be cracking up if Gordon comes out and fumbles on the opening carry. :popcorn:

Maybe trying to showcase Gordon so they can trade him? It's pretty obvious the coaching staff doesn't really seem to like him, and the damage of last game's benching can't really be undone.

This situation is honestly messing up my fantasy team a lot.. losing Javonte Williams and now this....

Hackett is as bad as Hue Jackson, and Adam Gase. Hopefully, either he gets fired or Gordon gets traded/dropped. He reminds of the coach from "Waterboy" when he had no confidence lol

Latavius Murray rushed eight times for 24 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos' Week 7 loss to the Jets.

Murray "added" two receptions for -1 yards. Six days after playing ahead of Melvin Gordon in Week 6, Murray was the clear-cut RB2 in this one, but he was also the only back to find the end zone. Murray played roughly a third of the Broncos' snaps to Gordon's 50ish percent. Neither back did anything to settle the matter. It is going to remain a frustrating "hot hand"-type situation heading into next week's London date with the Jaguars. Murray won't be a compelling FLEX option for that one.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Latavius Murray rushed 14 times for 46 yards and one touchdown in the Broncos' Week 8 win over the Jaguars.​

Murray was utilized as the Broncos' RB1 in Sunday's win over the Jaguars but needed a touchdown to save an otherwise underwhelming fantasy day. The veteran running back averaged a mere 3.3 YPC on the day and saw his longest play come on a nine-yard run. He would find the end zone on a two-yard touchdown to give the Broncos a 21-17 lead late in the fourth quarter, but Murray is hard to trust as anything more than a touchdown-dependent FLEX play. Murray and the Broncos won't return until Week 10 when they take on the Titans.
Oct 30, 2022, 2:00 PM ET

-Gordon gone.
-Edmond's just diagnosed today with a high ankle sprain

Only guy left is a post-achilles surgery Marlon Mack.

How are we feeling with Murray the last few weeks of the season?

-Gordon gone.

Same as before. Volume based rb2 - Brian Robinson 2.0
except he will get a few catches, and will get the passing game targets that Gordon/Edmonds would have got. So I would say more like James Conner with a slightly less average targets per game

At least the idiots can't be tempted to let Gordon lose the game for them again. I think this adds 3-5 points per game to Murray's bottom line. They'll still try to use multiple RB's.

-Gordon gone.

Same as before. Volume based rb2 - Brian Robinson 2.0
except he will get a few catches, and will get the passing game targets that Gordon/Edmonds would have got. So I would say more like James Conner with a slightly less average targets per game
This is a perfect comp. If you have either of these guy's it's best not to watch the game.

Latavius Murray rushed 24 times for 130 yards and one touchdown in the Broncos' Week 15 win over the Cardinals, adding one catch for 12 additional yards.​

Murray was tasked with the bell cow role in this one, toting the rock on 24 of Denvers' 34 rush attempts on the afternoon. Murray had rushes of 21, and 35 yards on the day, and punched in a touchdown from 10 yards out to pad Denver's lead in the fourth quarter. With Russell Wilson sidelined, Denver's pivot to a run-heavy approach wasn't surprising. Murray's 24 carries were the most he's seen in a game this season, while his 130 rushing yards was good for his first 100+ yard performance. Clearly playing ahead of Marlon Mack, Murray could be in line for another high-volume day next week against the Rams.
Dec 18, 2022, 7:31 PM ET

Bills signed RB Latavius Murray to a one-year contract.​

Murray and the Bills met in mid-April to discuss the possibility of the veteran running back joining the team. After rushing for 501 yards and six touchdowns for the Ravens in 2021, Murray split time between the Saints and Broncos last season. Playing in a decimated Denver backfield, the 33-year-old Murray emerged to lead the Broncos in rushing with a line of 160-703-5, which included two 100-yard performances. Murray is a solid backup who will add depth behind Damien Harris and James Cook, but it's unlikely he steps into any meaningful role as long as those two are healthy.
SOURCE: Buffalo Bills on Twitter
May 1, 2023, 10:07 AM ET

Am I the only one that sees Murray having a decent shot to earn the primary 2 down role over Harris in this offense? He's been low key pretty decent the last couple years.

Am I the only one that sees Murray having a decent shot to earn the primary 2 down role over Harris in this offense? He's been low key pretty decent the last couple years.
It’s possible. Dude is 33 - 34 in august.

I’m not sure what to expect from Murray this year. Harris has had trouble staying on the field. I’d think If injury struck, Murray would be in line for touches.

I wouldn’t be surprised by a timeshare between Harris & Murray, with Cook leading the team in attempts/receptions.

But to be honest I have no idea how things will shake out in BUF. My hope is that Cook gets the Singletary role, and that it’s not an even 3-headed monster, ruining the backfield for all 3 of them.

I mean, Harris has been really solid himself as well, but sure Murray could compete. It sure seems like Buffalo views Hines as a returner only (for some reason) and that helps everyone else.

I'm personally of the belief that Cook will get every chance to break away from the pack, but if he doesn't a 3-man RBBC is within the realm of possibility.

Falls into the end zone 6x a year, every year. I know he’s older than dirt but he could def find a role.

Bills don’t throw to their backs so kind of avoiding Cook in redraft anyway.

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters
"(Latavius) Murray had 2 catches during team drills that both went for at least 30 yards. (His) versatility as a power runner, pass-catcher out of the backfield, and space technician bode well for the Bills’ offense... Ken Dorsey can get creative with how he deploys Murray to help complement Cook and Harris. It feels like all three backs are set to have a role in the offense."

Amazing this guy is still relevant.

Anyone know what's going on in the BUF backfield? I continue to be shocked by his usage.

Lost Monty and Kyren yesterday. I could see Murray getting some good run next weekend when they crucify NE.

Amazing this guy is still relevant.

Anyone know what's going on in the BUF backfield? I continue to be shocked by his usage.

Lost Monty and Kyren yesterday. I could see Murray getting some good run next weekend when they crucify NE.
Seems like a pass-pro trust thing. Murray isn't great, but Cook seems to struggle some with it. Cook, imo, is more talented but Murray is the big body. I don't really understand the usage of Murray, or the switching between backs when one is in a groove.

Users who are viewing this thread