What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (2 Viewers)

I wouldn't advise giving a 1st for LF in dynasty leagues, so I sure wouldn't advise giving a higher 1st.  I would just let the LF owner ride him until the wheels fall off.
All depends on team construction of course.  I have no problem giving a late first for a RB1 if I'm contending.  Next year is next year.

Blick said:
All depends on team construction of course.  I have no problem giving a late first for a RB1 if I'm contending.  Next year is next year.
If you give a 1st for LF most likely you will be sad come next year, unless he is the difference in winning it all.  No way would I give an early to mid 1st for home regardless of my situation this year.  I personally wouldn't give any 1st for him in dynasty, but that's just my preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you give a 1st for LF most likely you will be sad come next year, unless he is the difference in winning it all.  No way would I give an early to mid 1st for home regardless of my situation this year.  I personally wouldn't give any 1st for him in dynasty, but that's just my preference.
I guess maybe I'm a little less risk adverse than you then.  I also don't think Fournette is going to be a complete scrub next year either.  He's 26, has shown the ability to handle a full workload, and can catch the ball.  He likely won't be relied upon as heavily as he is this year, but I'd bet he gets meaningful carries in timeshare.  Quite honestly, I could see him staying in TB.

RB3 in PPR for the season.

Can’t think of a player more people got wrong this year. Went RB32-36 in virtually every lesgue. Zero buzz about last years strong finish or playoff run. The narrative all summer was RoJo was pretty good before he got hurt, Leonard is lucky to still be drawing a check.

Not just biggest whiff this year, one of the biggest misses of all time. Not calling out anyone or bragging, we all missed it AFAIK.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I backed into Fournette in the draft this year.

Was hell bent on drafting R. Mostert somewhere in the middle rounds as my #3RB. Somebody sniped him right before me. A couple rounds later I felt like my only alternative or a good gamble was to secure the TB backfield with back to back picks at the turn. Took Fournette and Rojo.

Probably my best pick in years.

I backed into Fournette in the draft this year.

Was hell bent on drafting R. Mostert somewhere in the middle rounds as my #3RB. Somebody sniped him right before me. A couple rounds later I felt like my only alternative or a good gamble was to secure the TB backfield with back to back picks at the turn. Took Fournette and Rojo.

Probably my best pick in years.

Fournette just kept falling in my league, he was at the top of my queue for several rounds but nobody wanted him.

I took Michael Carter 10.06 (RB39.) Next two RBs (also in 10th) were James Connor & Fournette.

From RotoWorld: 

Leonard Fournette (ankle) missed practice for the second-straight day on Thursday.

Ronald Jones is the direct backup and needs to be rostered in almost every league with this uncertainty. Fournette still has a chance to play on Sunday against the Saints, but two straight DNPs means he'll likely be questionable at best. Friday's status update will be important for Fournette's chances of playing. 

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said Leonard Fournette (ankle) practiced fully Friday and will play in Week 15. 

While Fournette's DNP on Thursday was a major cause for concern, Arians seemed confident Lombardi Lenny would continue serving as the Bucs' lead back against the Saints. His unquestioned role as Tampa's workhorse makes him game script proof against a stingy New Orleans rush defense. Ronald Jones should be rostered in all formats in case Fournette misses time in the season's final four weeks. 

RELATED: 

Ronald Jones

SOURCE: Jenna Laine on Twitter

Dec 17, 2021, 12:22 PM ET

Leonard Fournette was ruled out for the rest of Week 15 against the Saints with a hamstring injury.

Already down Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, Tampa is now without its top three reception leaders. Fournette was the lone bright spot on a Bucs offense that was shut out in the first half, totaling 67 yards on 16 touches. The injury leaves Ronald Jones as the Bucs' lead back. Fournette, who was already battling through an ankle injury, could be looking at a multi-week absence.

Dec 19, 2021, 10:18 PM ET

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

The rest of the injuries bear watching, but don't appear to be anything severe. — Mike Evans’ hamstring should be OK, nothing major. — Leonard Fournette may miss some time, a game or two, but not a major injury.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

The rest of the injuries bear watching, but don't appear to be anything severe. — Mike Evans’ hamstring should be OK, nothing major. 
Hamstring injuries can kill a FF season.  It may be better for fantasy teams if they know he's out, because a tweak during the game is a killer (see Julio Jones this year and A J Green twice in years past).

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

The rest of the injuries bear watching, but don't appear to be anything severe. — Mike Evans’ hamstring should be OK, nothing major. — Leonard Fournette may miss some time, a game or two, but not a major injury.

So a minor thing on NFL landscape, earth shattering to Fournette fantasy owners still alive.

So a minor thing on NFL landscape, earth shattering to Fournette fantasy owners still alive.

Managed to swing a small trade for RoJo before the deadline. Can't believe I'll have to slot him right in.

Looking at his game logs for LAST year I must say I'm surprised. He had a handful of games with over 20 carries and produced quite well. For a guy who is constantly considered a bum, the production would say otherwise.

Looked good last night too. Even grabbed a couple of balls and I thought he was a dud in the receiving game. Gotta think he knows this is a good chance for him. Believe he is a FA as well?

Let's go RoJo.

Managed to swing a small trade for RoJo before the deadline. Can't believe I'll have to slot him right in.

Looking at his game logs for LAST year I must say I'm surprised. He had a handful of games with over 20 carries and produced quite well. For a guy who is constantly considered a bum, the production would say otherwise.

Looked good last night too. Even grabbed a couple of balls and I thought he was a dud in the receiving game. Gotta think he knows this is a good chance for him. Believe he is a FA as well?

Let's go RoJo.

ROJO was a stud the 3 games he was featured last year. I think he's a considerably better runner then Fournette, he's just really bad in passing game and seems like he makes at least one mental mistake a game.

But similar to AB, I think he has league winning potential. Huge opportunity for ROJO as well as he'll head into FA next year to try and reestablish his value. Crazy thing to consider is he's only 7 months older then Najee and  has not exactly been worn the nub with usage last few years.

picked up Rojo on a whim the other day because I had an open roster spot (once D. Harris was officially ruled out for the week and I was able to move him to IR).

Just dumb luck, but I'll take it (and at the very least, I'm keeping him off another roster).  He's certainly a talented enough runner to produce if gets the volume. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Buccaneers are likely to place RB Leonard Fournette (hamstring) on injured reserve.

This would end Fournette's regular season but allow him to return for the playoffs. Initial reports suggested Fournette may only miss a game or two, but Schefter indicates the Buccaneers will play it safe with their lead running back. Tampa Bay signed Le'Veon Bell on Tuesday to complement Ronald Jones and Ke'Shawn Vaughn. Jones should be the primary early-down back with Vaughn and Bell handling passing-down work over the Bucs' next three games. Fournette has been a legitimate workhorse when healthy this year, and he seems likely to regain that role in the playoffs.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 21, 2021, 6:11 PM ET

Buccaneers placed RB Leonard Fournette on injured reserve. 

As expected from reports earlier in the week. Fournette is done for the fantasy playoffs and ends the regular season with 249 touches for 1266 total yards and 10 total touchdowns. He'll be in the RB1 discussion for next year's redraft leagues as the primary back on a great offense assuming Tom Brady returns. Ronald Jones is expected to take over as Tampa's primary back for the last three weeks of the season. 

Dec 23, 2021, 4:01 PM ET

Oof. GTD. I do, too. I wonder how much Vaughn is in ours. 
I went with Vaughn/Bell in our contest. Mostly to get thru week 1. I hope LF balls out though. I have mostly Gronk shares and some Brady in the $100k/$500k tourneys but need to review my LF lineups and see if I want to pare it down a bit. I knew all week that I'd be stewing over him this morning.

I went with Vaughn/Bell in our contest. Mostly to get thru week 1. I hope LF balls out though. I have mostly Gronk shares and some Brady in the $100k/$500k tourneys but need to review my LF lineups and see if I want to pare it down a bit. I knew all week that I'd be stewing over him this morning.
I went with all three. That's a wasted six bucks. I think I'll have to really think hard about that. 

Whoops. Nope. I don't want to stress this competition. I'd rather have blind luck decide it. Six dollars for the backups it is. 

So ticked. In my local post-season league (14 of the 24 from my 2 seasonal leagues) I pulled 1.03

Mahomes felt like a gift at 3, and on the way back, Mike Evans & Fournette were coming to me. I really wanted Evans.

Guy at 1.04 grabbed Evans, and after a quick google revealed that Fournette “returned to practice” I confidently took him. Felt like I had my QB1 & RB1 off my draft sheet. 

Now he’s “the most questionable question in the history of questions” and I’m like :doh:  

hopefully he comes through. I still like my team, but I like it a heck of a lot more with Fournette playing. 

This is one of the toughest calls of the week. If he plays, he likely could be outstanding. But there's also a very low floor too. Including not playing. We've struggled with this one. Making it tougher is the Sunday game when lots of people need to make a call today before the 4:30 kickoff. 

It's high risk for sure. But with a potential big payout. 

This is one of the toughest calls of the week. If he plays, he likely could be outstanding. But there's also a very low floor too. Including not playing. We've struggled with this one. Making it tougher is the Sunday game when lots of people need to make a call today before the 4:30 kickoff. 

You probably have this baked into your thought process but part of his upside is the idea that a higher % of competitors will be fading him due to this uncertainty, giving anyone who does roster him much more leverage than usual. 

Joe - if you were a betting man (and maybe you are)…do you think Lenny plays?

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) practiced on Wednesday.

The Buccaneers had a walkthrough on Wednesday, so Fournette's participation in practice doesn't provide a ton of insight into his status for the Divisional round. However, if he can practice for the remainder of the week, he will have two weeks of practice under his belt since being designated to return from injured reserve. If Fournette is active against the Rams he profiles as an RB1. Even if his snaps are limited in his first game back, he should see significant work in the passing game. 

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter

Jan 19, 2022, 11:42 AM ET

He was practicing in a limited fashion last week too. When he tried to go full speed he couldn’t turn it loose. We’ll see. The Bucs need him. 

LEONARD FOURNETTE RB, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

The Athletic's Greg Auman believes that impending free agents Leonard Fournette and Ronald Jones are both likely to depart Tampa Bay.

Fournette posted on Instagram on Tuesday, thanking his teammates and fans and notably referring to his time with the Buccaneers in the past tense. The Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud viewed it as a sign that Fournette is anticipating moving on. Fournette's departure could theoretically open up an opportunity for Jones, but Jones was barely used in any capacity for most of 2021 and seems very likely to hit the open market. If both running backs depart, Ke'Shawn Vaughn would step in as the Buccaneers starter, for the time being at least. Auman expects that the Buccaneers will ultimately draft a running back or bring in another veteran to help fill out their depth chart. Still, Vaugn looks like a worthwhile best ball dart throw. Fournette is unlikely to take full control of his next backfield the way he did in Tampa Bay, but the 27-year-old is a capable receiver and goal-line presence.

RELATED: 

Ronald Jones

, Ke'Shawn Vaughn

, O.J. Howard

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter

Mar 9, 2022, 10:44 AM ET

Speaking Monday, Bucs GM Jason Licht said he "would love" to re-sign free agent Leonard Fournette.

Fournette, 27, visited the Patriots Monday, his first-known visit or action of free agency. He reportedly entered the marked hoping to get $12 million per year, but that looks like a pipe dream at this point. Teams just haven't valued Fournette at that level since he left Jacksonville. Playing with Tom Brady has been the best thing for his career, and returning to the Bucs for another season would be ideal for his fantasy prospects. Right now, the Bucs only employ Ke'Shawn Vaughn and Kenjon Barner at running back.

RELATED: 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Mar 21, 2022, 11:19 PM ET

Interesting. Twelve million seems like a complete reach. I was thinking more in the 4-6 million dollar range myself. Depends what Brady wants and what the cap can bear. I know there's no such thing as a salary cap issue, but there is at some point, and Tampa would seem to be at the threshold of it. 

Users who are viewing this thread