What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (1 Viewer)

Coach Todd Bowles said Leonard Fournette is "in great shape" and could play "right now" if the season started Wednesday.

"I feel like he's in great shape right now," Bowles said. “Obviously, everybody can get in a little better shape. You don't want to come into camp in tip-top shape. You want to get into some better shape, playing shape, as you get into camp. So that's natural that he's going to drop about four or five pounds, which is only natural. But as far as running the ball and playing in games, he can play right now." Fournette was noticeably heavier over the spring but has put in the work and is in Bowles' good graces to start camp. Playoff Lenny is locked in as the Bucs' starter at the moment and a back-end fantasy RB1 in an offense that isn't afraid to use him as a three-down back.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Jul 27, 2022, 7:19 PM ET

The Athletic's Greg Auman believes the Bucs would "much prefer" to lighten Leonard Fournette's snap share this season.​

In his final four healthy games last season, Fournette played 81%, 87%, 80%, and 86% of the Bucs' offensive snaps, but he missed four games in between the third and fourth contests with a hamstring injury. Prior to that stretch, Fournette was regularly playing between 60-70% of the snaps. Auman thinks the Bucs want to get Fournette back to that range and "utilize the depth" of Giovani Bernard, Rachaad White, and Ke'Shawn Vaughn. Fournette averaged 17.6 combined carries and targets Weeks 1-11 before seeing that number spike to 23.5 in the games he was seeing 80-plus percent of the snaps.
SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter
Sep 5, 2022, 12:33 PM ET

Whats the take away here exactly? They want him at 60-70%, but last year they were giving him over 80%. There was a reason for this. Has something changed to take away that reason? I guess that depends on Rachaad White.

Whats the take away here exactly? They want him at 60-70%, but last year they were giving him over 80%. There was a reason for this. Has something changed to take away that reason? I guess that depends on Rachaad White.
If White can block consistently I think he’ll carve out a big role on 3rd downs. He’s much more dynamic as a receiver.

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) is active for Week 2 against the Saints.​

Fournette got in limited practices throughout the week, so this was always the expectation. The Bucs are banged up at receiver and along their offensive line, so it's possible that they will try to slow their pace down with a heavy dose of Fournette versus the Saints. Picking up all of the high-value touches for an elite offense, Fournette enters Week 2 as an RB1.
Sep 18, 2022, 11:42 AM ET

Leonard Fournette rushed 24 times for 65 yards in the Buccaneers' Week 2 win over the Saints.​

Fournette added two receptions for nine yards on four targets. Fournette also logged an 87% snap share, the second-highest of the week so far behind only Christian McCaffrey. Despite nursing a hamstring injury in practice, Fournette was the entire Bucs backfield in Week 2. Backup RB Rachaad White saw just nine snaps. Fournette can be expected to maintain his workhorse role when the Buccaneers take on the Packers in Week 3.
Sep 19, 2022, 9:47 AM ET

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) is questionable for Week 3 against the Packers.​

There's little doubt that Fournette will actually play despite the listing, as this is essentially exactly what happened last week -- three limited practices and a questionable tag. Fournette proceeded to play 87% of the snaps against the Saints. He should be emphasized against a Packers run defense that got spilled by David Montgomery last Sunday and should be near the RB1 line.
Sep 23, 2022, 4:29 PM ET

Leonard Fournette rushed three time for minus-three yards in Week 4's loss to Kansas City, adding seven catches for 57 yards and a touchdown on seven targets.​

Game-scripted out of relevance by an early 21-3 lead for Kansas City, Fournette's three carries were half of Tampa's six total rush attempts. But he managed to salvage a good fantasy day in spite of the lack of touches and Rachaad White's involvement with the receptions and the touchdown that came with Tampa down 17 in the late fourth quarter. Fournette will be on the RB1/RB2 borderline for Week 5 against the Falcons.
Oct 2, 2022, 11:46 PM ET

He looks slow and washed to me. It’s early on but I think Rashaad White has a chance to take the job the second half of the year.
Perhaps, although based on past history, Bowles seems to be the type that sticks with his veterans barring injury.
Lenny is still one hell of a pass blocker and that means an extraordinary amount with Brady back there, so he certainly could stay in the picture. He definitely looks slow though.

He looks slow and washed to me. It’s early on but I think Rashaad White has a chance to take the job the second half of the year.
Perhaps, although based on past history, Bowles seems to be the type that sticks with his veterans barring injury.
Lenny is still one hell of a pass blocker and that means an extraordinary amount with Brady back there, so he certainly could stay in the picture. He definitely looks slow though.
Isn’t Rachaad also good in pass pro? Not that they would fully trust a rookie to protect Brady.

Isn’t Rachaad also good in pass pro? Not that they would fully trust a rookie to protect Brady.
Seems to be solid, yea and also a good receiver. Brady loves his guys though.

Leonard Fournette rushed 21 times for 63 yards in the Bucs' Week 7 loss to the Steelers, adding six receptions for 38 additional yards and a touchdown.

The 21 carries were Fournette's most since Week 2. Nevermind the fact that he did not do anything with them against the Steelers' solid run defense. He did compensate with his third straight six-catch performance. "PPR Lenny" doesn't seem to be going anywhere as the Bucs hunt for an identity on offense. He can remain slotted in as a receiving-based RB1 for Week 7 against the Panthers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Leonard Fournette rushed eight times for 19 yards in Tampa's Week 7 loss to Carolina, adding two catches for seven yards.

He was stuffed on third-and-1 and fourth-and-1 inside the Carolina 30 in a drive that essentially ended the game, but it wasn't really his fault as the Panthers defense swarmed him all day against an overwhelmed offensive front. A talented back in a good situation without much competition last year and earlier this season, instead Lenny has morphed into a talented back with competition in a situation that looks worse every week. Fournette will be on the RB2 line for Week 8's TNF matchup with the Ravens.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Leonard Fournette rushed nine times for 24 yards and a touchdown in the Bucs' Week 8 loss to the Ravens, adding three receptions for 34 additional yards.​

Fantasy managers will take the touchdown and Fournette's 6.4 PPR points through the air, but he has now been limited to 22 total touches as the Bucs' offense has gone into absolute free fall the past two weeks. Nearly all of Fournette's receiving "production" came in what amounted to garbage time this evening. Backup Rachaad White had just five fewer rushing yards on five fewer carries. The Bucs could be getting close to a complete rethink on offense. That being said, it is difficult to envision Fournette's usage knocking him out of the top 18 for Week 9 against the Rams.
Oct 28, 2022, 12:14 AM ET

Leonard Fournette (hip) is doubtful to return in Week 10 against the Seahawks.​

Rachaad White got the start over Fournette and had four more carries than him before Fournette was listed as doubtful. Lenny did, however, run for 57 yards and a touchdown before going down. He also caught his lone target for a gain of one yard. If the injury sidelines Fournette beyond Week 10, White could emerge as a league-winner off the waiver wire.
Nov 13, 2022, 11:58 AM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Leonard Fournette (hip pointer) is not expected to miss any games.​

The Buccaneers are on bye in Week 11, giving Fournette time to heal up before their next game in Week 12, against the Seahawks. It's a very positive sign for Fournette, although it should be noted that Rachaad White started in Germany and out-snapped Fournette through three quarters. Fournette suffered his injury in the fourth quarter, meaning that he did appear to be in a true committee with White in Week 10. Still, Fournette punched in a goal line TD and shapes up as a TD-dependent RB2 when the Buccaneers return to action.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 14, 2022, 12:28 PM ET

Bucs coach Todd Bowles said he will ride the hot hand at running back in Week 12 against the Browns.​

Bowles noted that Leonard Fournette is still sore from the hip pointer he suffered in Week 10. He did not commit to Fournette playing this week. Reading the tea leaves, it sounds like we're headed for another strong workload from Rachad White this week. White got the start in Week 10 and ran 22 times for 105 yards. If Fournette is unable to play, White will project for high-end RB2 numbers.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Sara Walsh on Twitter
Nov 23, 2022, 1:40 PM ET

Leonard Fournette (hip) practiced on Friday.​

It's likely going to remain a limited session. Todd Bowles told reporters they're going to "wait and see" on Fournette, who has gotten in limited sessions on both Wednesday and Thursday. That likely lines up as a questionable tag for the veteran back. Rachaad White has yet to fully vanquish Fournette from the starting role, so White rosterers have to be hoping for a rule out. If Fournette plays, he's going to be a low-end FLEX.
SOURCE: Jenna Laine on Twitter
Nov 25, 2022, 1:08 PM ET

Everything I have read is a hip pointer isnt a big deal. He has practiced all week yet is doubtful. I suspect TB is giving White a chance to start and using Lennys injury as an excuse for being out. No vet wants to be benched so this could be a sneaky way to give white a start. He has looked to be the better rb for several weeks now.

Leonard Fournette (hip) practiced in full Friday.​

It's back-to-back full practices for Fournette. It's going to be hard to trust him with a starting spot in season-long leagues unless we hear reasons to be optimistic about his workload, but he could steal enough snaps to drag Rachaad White down with him. At this point Fournette likely won't be listed on Tampa's final injury report.
Dec 2, 2022, 3:50 PM ET

Buccaneers RB Leonard Fournette (hip) is questionable for Week 13 against the Saints.​

Fournette got in a week of full practices but still finds himself on the injury report with a questionable tag heading into the team's Week 13 matchup with the Saints. Ultimately, Fournette appears likely to play, albeit in what could be a reduced role considering his presence on the injury report. That leaves fantasy managers in a tough spot considering the Buccaneers don't play until Monday night.
Dec 3, 2022, 3:27 PM ET

FYI-I tweeted a question at a Tampa beat writer a few hours ago, Greg Auman who was recently with The Athletic. I asked him if Fournette was guaranteed to play and I told him this was a fantasy related question. He replied, and quickly, that unless he was removed from the injury report that was not a guarantee that he would play and threw in he's not sure how much of a fantasy option he'd be even if he is active.

To each their own but that has led me to remove Fournette from consideration in a few lineups, especially if I don't have a backup option on MNF, as well as increase my confidence in White.

Last edited:
FYI-I tweeted a question at a Tampa beat writer a few years ago, Greg Auman who was recently with The Athletic. I asked him if Fournette was guaranteed to play and I told him this was a fantasy related question. He replied, and quickly, that unless he was removed from the injury report that was not a guarantee that he would play and threw in he's not sure how much of a fantasy option he'd be even if he is active.

To each their own but that has led me to remove Fournette from consideration in a few lineups, especially if I don't have a backup option on MNF, as well as increase my confidence in White.
This is the situation that I'm the most torn over this weekend. I have White in a lot of spots but have pretty good options on Sunday to mull over as well.

FYI-I tweeted a question at a Tampa beat writer a few years ago, Greg Auman who was recently with The Athletic. I asked him if Fournette was guaranteed to play and I told him this was a fantasy related question. He replied, and quickly, that unless he was removed from the injury report that was not a guarantee that he would play and threw in he's not sure how much of a fantasy option he'd be even if he is active.

This is the situation that I'm the most torn over this weekend. I have White in a lot of spots but have pretty good options on Sunday to mull over as well.

Haven't heard any coachspeak on Lenny at all this week. Only data points are the two full practices. Can't imagine he's limited in any way at this point.

The matchup isn't that great, but NO rush D isn't what it used to be. That said, the TB offense and Brady seem to have fits offensively with NO. Have R. White on my bench right now for M. Pittman in PPR, but don't love it.

Haven't heard any coachspeak on Lenny at all this week. Only data points are the two full practices. Can't imagine he's limited in any way at this point.

The matchup isn't that great, but NO rush D isn't what it used to be. That said, the TB offense and Brady seem to have fits offensively with NO. Have R. White on my bench right now for M. Pittman in PPR, but don't love it.
Agreed - if Fournette is limited, it doesn't seem like it would be due to injury but rather the desire to give more of the workload to White going forward. We don't have any data points on that yet though, as even though White started the game in Munich, it was a pretty even split until Fournette left the game.

Buccaneers RB Leonard Fournette is active for Week 13 against the Saints.​

Fournette curiously received a questionable designation after practicing in full this week, which left fantasy managers with questions surrounding the health of the starting running back. While active, those questions have not been fully answered just yet, with a wide range of potential outcomes regarding Fournette's snap rate and workload still looming.
Dec 5, 2022, 6:59 PM ET

Buccaneers RB Leonard Fournette is active for Week 13 against the Saints.​

Fournette curiously received a questionable designation after practicing in full this week, which left fantasy managers with questions surrounding the health of the starting running back. While active, those questions have not been fully answered just yet, with a wide range of potential outcomes regarding Fournette's snap rate and workload still looming.
Dec 5, 2022, 6:59 PM ET
Boooooo.

Leonard Fournette rushed 10 times for 49 yards in the Buccaneers' Week 13 win over the Saints, adding 32 yards on six catches.​

Rookie back Rachaad White drew the start and played the first eight offensive snaps before Fournette saw the field, but the veteran remained an integral part of the game plan against an opponent that forced the ball out quick all night. Fournette and White combined to garner a whopping 15 targets on a night that Tom Brady attempted 54 passes. The offensive line woes should continue to be an issue for the Buccaneers, which is likely to filter additional targets to the backfield tandem moving forward.
Dec 5, 2022, 11:29 PM ET

Have not seen official practice report today but he was not seen at open of practice by reporters today. Bowles has said his foot got sore Thursday an they hope he'll feel better Sunday.

It is of course a late afternoon game so makes this a tough situation to know what to do if you got earlier options going and we don't get further updates. And yes this is also a Rachaad White post.

Fox Sports' Greg Auman reports Leonard Fournette was not at Friday's practice.​

Fournette popped up on the team's injury report on Thursday with a foot issue. A missed Friday practice would be a clear sign Uncle Lenny will miss this week's game against the 49ers. Rachaad White would return to lead back duties against the Niners if Fournette is sidelined. It's a terrible matchup for White, but his passing game involvement should put him in RB2 territory in PPR leagues. White has 17 targets over this past two games.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter
Dec 9, 2022, 11:15 AM ET

Leonard Fournette (foot) is questionable for Week 14's game against San Francisco.​

Fournette did not practice Friday, and appeared to be trending towards not playing, but Todd Bowles told reporters that they're "hopeful" his foot will feel better on Sunday. The drill remains the same: If Fournette plays the Bucs backs will split the workload fairly evenly and make each other FLEX plays, and if Rachaad White is active on his own he'll be a high-end RB2 play.
Dec 9, 2022, 5:36 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Leonard Fournette (foot) is expected to play in Week 14 against the 49ers.​

Fournette didn't practice on Friday because of the foot issue but will seemingly be in the lineup later today. Bucs coach Todd Bowles said on Friday he was "hopeful" Fournette would be able to suit up, so all signs are pointing to Fournette taking the field. If he does, Rachaad White will start with Fournette likely splitting the backfield 50/50. Fournette will rank as a low-end RB3 once officially active.
RELATED:
Dec 11, 2022, 8:45 AM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Leonard Fournette (foot) is expected to play in Week 14 against the 49ers.​

Fournette didn't practice on Friday because of the foot issue but will seemingly be in the lineup later today. Bucs coach Todd Bowles said on Friday he was "hopeful" Fournette would be able to suit up, so all signs are pointing to Fournette taking the field. If he does, Rachaad White will start with Fournette likely splitting the backfield 50/50. Fournette will rank as a low-end RB3 once officially active.
RELATED:
Dec 11, 2022, 8:45 AM ET

Don't think I have any choice but to start White. Gotta think Lenny is at risk here...could be ineffective, could get that foot stepped on, and he still could have the hip issue lingering.

Leonard Fournette had ten rushes for 44 yards in the Bucs' Week 15 loss to the Bengals, adding four receptions for 30 yards.​

Fournette was the team's primary pass-catching back in this one, and Rachaad White totaled a dozen touches in a fairly even timeshare. Fournette over the past six weeks has turned into a floor option in PPR formats. Against the Bengals, Fournette ran 25 routes on 46 Bucs drop backs to 15 routes for White. Neither he nor White can get anything going on the ground (Tampa has the league's lowest EPA per rush) yet the Bucs remain committed to a balanced offense. It's certainly curious. Fournette should be considered a RB3 play in Week 16 against the Cardinals.
Dec 18, 2022, 8:10 PM ET

Leonard Fournette tweeted on Monday that he's playing through a Lisfranc injury.​

Upset over constant jabs about his weight/playing shape, Fournette took to Twitter on Monday saying, "I hate when people be on here just talking saying I'm out of shape etc do y'all understand I'm playing with a lisfranc in my foot every week can barely push off my foot but through the Grade of God I'm going to keep proving y'all wrong... .... #BucsWin." Fournette was on the Buccaneers' injury report for a foot injury leading up to the team's Week 14 matchup against the 49ers but wasn't listed on the report over the last two weeks. In Sunday's win over the Cardinals, Fournette rushed 20 times for 72 yards, and caught another nine passes for 90 yards. Assuming his injury doesn't worsen, he should be in for another decent workload in Week 17 against the Panthers.
SOURCE: Leonard Fournette on Twitter
Dec 26, 2022, 10:34 AM ET

For some reason he deleted that tweet. Maybe the reason was he's not been listed on the injury report and he was putting the team at risk of penalty?

Users who are viewing this thread