What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Najee Harris, PIT (1 Viewer)

Dude begins every play jump-cutting the center or the guard because they are 4 yards in the backfield as he receives the ball.  Pitt draft next year better be OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL.
And they still won't have a decent QB.

Love the guy, but situation matters a lot for a RB, and as bad as it is this year it's entirely possible that it gets worse before it gets better.

And they still won't have a decent QB.

Love the guy, but situation matters a lot for a RB, and as bad as it is this year it's entirely possible that it gets worse before it gets better.

Disagree.  I have never seen such an inept Steelers offensive line.  The Steelers have money and should be able to acquire a quality offensive lineman or two in FA.  They should also use their 1st round pick on the offensive line.

No guarantee the line will be "good" next season but at this point mediocre would be a huge upgrade over this group.

Disagree.  I have never seen such an inept Steelers offensive line.  The Steelers have money and should be able to acquire a quality offensive lineman or two in FA.  They should also use their 1st round pick on the offensive line.

No guarantee the line will be "good" next season but at this point mediocre would be a huge upgrade over this group.
Totally agree that mediocre would be a huge upgrade, but plenty of people said the same thing last year yet it not only didn't get better it got worse. Good offensive lineman don't grow on trees and the Steelers will be competing with most teams to sign the few decent options that become available. Same goes for the draft- even if they do spend their 1st rounder on one, it'll likely be the 4th or 5th best OL prospect in the draft at best.

In any event, I was mostly talking about the QB position- as bad as it is it seems at least as likely that it gets worse than it gets better next year. It would take a herculean effort to improve both the OL and QB position much in one offseason.

So does this mean you all think it's worth selling in Dynasty if you can get enough......and what is enough?

So does this mean you all think it's worth selling in Dynasty if you can get enough......and what is enough?
Bell cow RBs with Najee’s talent are rare so it would take a lot. I mean, anyone is available for the right price but I’m in the camp that thinks the Steelers will do everything in their power to upgrade the o-line this off-season so I expect things to get better. Ben was a shell of himself this year so it won’t take a lot to match or upgrade the QB position. Najee is a hold unless someone blows my doors off. 

Najee Harris rushed 28 times for 188 yards and one touchdown and caught 3/3 passes for 18 yards in the Steelers' Week 17 win over the Browns Monday night.

Harris took a meaningless final-drive run 37 yards to the end zone on a third-down carry where all he needed was a first down to salt the remainder of the clock. Instead of going down, Harris decided to take it all the way to the end zone. It likely swung a number of fantasy matchups. The 188 rushing yards are a new season-high for Harris, giving him his third 100-yard rushing game. Harris will get a Week 18 date with a Ravens team that has dropped five straight. Harris went 21-71 on the ground against Baltimore in Week 13, adding five catches for 36 yards.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Same. 

20 points down in non-ppr going into the game tonight. Stepped up when I needed him the most....and thank goodness he didn't take a knee once he broke through the line on that last play. Instinct kicked in, he smelled the end zone, and delivered titles to many.

Hat's off to my late 1st round pick. You're a hard-running son-of-a-gun behind a putrid line, but you just don't have any quit in you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, hadn't really thought that he was healthy all year and how rare that is for an NFL RB.

------------------------------------------------------

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

RBs who played in all 33 regular season games over the last 2 seasons:

Devin Singletary, Nyheim Hines, Darrel Williams That's it.

Likes of Jonathan Taylor, Najee Harris, Ezekiel Elliott & Javonte Williams appeared in 17 games in 2021 & can't be counted on to do so again in '22

Likes of Jonathan Taylor, Najee Harris, Ezekiel Elliott & Javonte Williams appeared in 17 games in 2021 & can't be counted on to do so again in '22
I for sure don't think because a RB was healthy one year he's MORE inclined to not be healthy for duration of the next year. I generally assume most RB's will miss a little time, but again not because they were healthy the previous year.

Impressive thing about Najee is he never even looked dinged up, kind of like an opposite Dalvin Cook where he never at any point worried you during the season, made you think he was fighting through an injury. I think his first minor ailment was in either season finale or playoff game.

He is a solidly built volume back who can catch passes. As long as they feed him he will be successful from a FF standpoint. However at some point I would think a team would want a little more explosiveness out of the position. 

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly reports Najee Harris is up to 244 pounds. 

That's 14 pounds heavier than his listed weight of 230 pounds. The extra poundage could be in preparation for another massive workload in Pittsburgh's backfield. Harris as a rookie led all running backs in snaps and touches, finishing as fantasy's RB8 on the strength of volume alone. There's not much reason to believe the Steelers won't once again feed Harris in 2022. He should be one of the first handful of backs off the draft board. 

SOURCE: Mark Kaboly on Twitter 

May 31, 2022, 12:07 PM ET

As Najee is saying he's only a few pounds heavier then he played last year. That they listed him at 230 means little.

Saying that if you look at pictures of him last year vs now his legs look noticeably bigger. Personally I can't imagine a RB adding more leg muscle is anything but a positive.

230 to 244 could be one of two things: 

1. hit the weight room, gonna be a bruising, punishing RB.

2. Hit the blunt, gonna be punishing to many, many bags of Cheetos,

Cound be Henry, could be Lendale White. :shrug:  

Even with this news, I consider Najee one of the safest 1st round picks.  When he hits 260, call me.

He’s not a speed back and the weight looks like muscle. Let the “chicken littles” panic over this news to your benefit. I’m sure there’ll be some great hot takes in here - luckily I’ll miss some of them.

I'm worried this young player I love is overrated. Is he and their line great enough to handle the 8 in the box they'll see til the rookie QB establishes himself?

Defenses do this so often against Henry and Taylor and Chubb that they're plenty used to it and good at it and....that's a really big ask of Najee at the position he's being drafted.

He needs to thrive to equal his draft spot not just do pretty well against 8 in the box

It’s easy to say they’ll limit his snaps and touches now.  But when the coach looks down the sideline and sees Benny Snell standing  there with his helmet and Najee on the field, I have a feeling nothing much changes.

You use these 1st round running backs up, as much as you can, for five years and then you let them walk.  

Mike Tomlin has been the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers since 2007.  Over those 15 seasons, only 3 times did the Steelers lead back have less than 200 carries.  One of those seasons, the team was led by the forgettable Jonathan Dwyer, the other two were due to injuries to the starter, James Conner.  In 4 of those 15 seasons, 4 different lead backs have had over 300 carries, most recently this past season.

Lead RBs with over 300 carries since 2007:

• Steelers – 4(Parker, Mendenhall, Bell and Najee Harris, most recently 2021)
  • Vikings – 4(Peterson and Cook, most recently 2020)
  • Cowboys – 4(Murray and Zeke, most recently 2019)
  • Titans – 4(LenDale White, Chris Johnson, Derek Henry, most recently 2020)
  • Washington – 3(Alfred Morris, Clinton Portis, most recently 2012)
  • Falcons - 3(Michael Turner, most recently 2011)
  • Bengals - 2(Cedric Benson, most recently 2010)
  • Texans – 2(Foster, most recently 2012)
  • Jaguars – 2(Jones-Drew, most recently 2011)
  • Rams – 2(Stephen Jackson, most recently 2010)
  • Jets – 2(Thomas Jones, most recently 2009)
  • Eagles -2(Shady McCoy, most recently 2014)
  • Seahawks – 2(Marshawn Lynch, most recently 2013)
  • Cardinals - 1(James in 2007)
  • Ravens - 1(Rice in 2010)
  • Bears - 1(Forte in 2008)
  • Packers – 1(Grant in 2008)
  • Colts – 1(Taylor, last year, 2021)
  • Chargers – 1(Tomlinson, 2007)
  • Buccaneers – 1(Doug Martin, 2012)
  • Bills, Panthers, Browns, Broncos, Lions, Chiefs, Raiders, Dolphins, Patriots, Saints, Giants, 49ers, - 0
The Steelers are the only team on this list to have 4 different guys hit 300 carries.  Point being, if Mike Tomlin has a lead back that he trusts and does not get injured, number of carries will never be a worry.  And if I am looking to make sure my RB gets plenty of touches, I am likely drafting a Steeler, Viking, Cowboy or Titan RB, assuming I can’t get Jonathan Taylor at 1.01.

Lisfranc, i did read the word Lisfranc...I know I also saw 4-6 weeks but an undisclosed injury and so many drafts leading up to and thru this weekend, OUCH!!!

I would feel pretty bummed if I had drafted him in recent days.

Steelers RB Najee Harris told reporters that he had a sprained lisfranc in training camp.​

Harris told reporters that he felt rusty against the Lions in Pittsburgh's final preseason game, as he rushed four times for 10 yards and added three catches for 11 yards. The good news is that Harris appeared to get his bearings while playing into the second quarter. The bad news is that Pittsburgh's offensive line still looked like something that could hold down Harris' fantasy value.
SOURCE: Josh Rowntree on Twitter
Aug 28, 2022, 8:13 PM ET

Steelers RB Najee Harris told reporters that he had a sprained lisfranc in training camp.​

Harris told reporters that he felt rusty against the Lions in Pittsburgh's final preseason game, as he rushed four times for 10 yards and added three catches for 11 yards. The good news is that Harris appeared to get his bearings while playing into the second quarter. The bad news is that Pittsburgh's offensive line still looked like something that could hold down Harris' fantasy value.
So, is anyone worried about this ? Pre-draft talk in my high stakes local league is that this will cause him to fall through the 1st round. He did play on Saturday and he will have an additional 2+ weeks before game 1 of the season. Not sure if the crappy O-line scares me more. LOL.

So, is anyone worried about this ? Pre-draft talk in my high stakes local league is that this will cause him to fall through the 1st round. He did play on Saturday and he will have an additional 2+ weeks before game 1 of the season. Not sure if the crappy O-line scares me more. LOL.

According to @thefantasydoctors (actual doctor who breaks down injuries, recovery rates, etc). Mid foot sprain, likely grade 1 as opposed to the grade 3 ETN suffered last year. It's an injury to the arch which can make it difficult to put pweight on the foot. Not an injury to be take lightly. However, there likely isn't much reason for worry since the Steelers let him play this weekend. Sounds like he got the full month to recover and there shouldn't be any extra cause for concern.

The Fantasy Doctors have a Youtube page that is helpful. Mostly just short 3-5 min videos on all the key players with injury concerns.

Last edited:
The Fantasy Doctors have a Youtube page that is helpful. Mostly just short 3-5 min videos on all the key players with injury concerns
Yeah, but you have to watch that incessant guy talk for 3-5 minutes in order to get anything out of it.

Thanks for transcribing for us.

The Fantasy Doctors have a Youtube page that is helpful. Mostly just short 3-5 min videos on all the key players with injury concerns
Yeah, but you have to watch that incessant guy talk for 3-5 minutes in order to get anything out of it.

Thanks for transcribing for us.

I'm a doctor. A damn good one. I will tell you things while you bask in my doctorness. You wish you could be me. Smash the subscribe button, peasant.

Users who are viewing this thread