What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Najee Harris, PIT (1 Viewer)

The Fantasy Doctors have a Youtube page that is helpful. Mostly just short 3-5 min videos on all the key players with injury concerns
Yeah, but you have to watch that incessant guy talk for 3-5 minutes in order to get anything out of it.

Thanks for transcribing for us.

I'm a doctor. A damn good one. I will tell you things while you bask in my doctorness. You wish you could be me. Smash the subscribe button, peasant.
Happy to Dr jb

The Fantasy Doctors have a Youtube page that is helpful. Mostly just short 3-5 min videos on all the key players with injury concerns
Yeah, but you have to watch that incessant guy talk for 3-5 minutes in order to get anything out of it.

Thanks for transcribing for us.

I'm a doctor. A damn good one. I will tell you things while you bask in my doctorness. You wish you could be me. Smash the subscribe button, peasant.
I feel so blessed to be in the presence of great doctorness.

Injuries I don't **** with come draft/trade/pickup time every year:

- Groin
- Turf Toe
- High Ankle
- Lis Franc
- Hamstring

Players regularly try to keep playing with these (and/or return too early). It rarely works out well unless the player sits out long and proper enough to fully heal - see Devante Adams a couple years ago with the TT. Avoided Najee - who I loved otherwise - on this thought alone. Super nervous right now about Kittle for the same reasons. Best of luck, Najee owners. I hope he sits for a while and you can survive long enough to get him back roaring for the stretch run. Better now than later is one positive here.

Players regularly try to keep playing with these (and/or return too early). It rarely works out well unless the player sits out long and proper enough to fully heal - see Devante Adams a couple years ago with the TT. Avoided Najee - who I loved otherwise - on this thought alone. Super nervous right now about Kittle for the same reasons. Best of luck, Najee owners. I hope he sits for a while and you can survive long enough to get him back roaring for the stretch run. Better now than later is one positive here.
Due to a scheduling conflict, my son had to help me draft one of my leagues as we were driving. He had my phone and the Yahoo app.
Son: OK, you're up
Me: who's my top rated remaining player?
Son: Najee Harris
Me: No, skip him. who's next?
Son: Um, Justin Jefferson

@BaldyNFL
on what he saw from Najee Harris on tape before injury: "He looks terrible right now. He can't move. He can't cut...Jaylen Warren is a much better blocker right now. I have major concerns about Najee"

Tests today on Steelers’ RB Najee Harris’ foot injury came back negative and there is a belief that, according to a source, he “should be good to go” Sunday vs. the Patriots.

I don't mean to kick a man when he's down, but feels like people jumped the gun a bit with him. Modest rookie year and suddenly he's the RB2 in dynasty? The sophomore love affairs are always a perilous thing. Sometimes you get a Jonathan Taylor and sometimes you get a Kevin Jones. The prices are often skewed towards the most optimistic outcome. I liked, but didn't love Najee as a draft prospect. Felt he was basically the B+ version of Steven Jackson. The problem is that people have been valuing him as if he's exactly Steven Jackson. Even at 100% I feel he's closer to merely a good starter than exceptional.

Hoping he's not bothered by this injury though. Injuries are the worst part of FF hands down.

I don't mean to kick a man when he's down, but feels like people jumped the gun a bit with him. Modest rookie year and suddenly he's the RB2 in dynasty? The sophomore love affairs are always a perilous thing. Sometimes you get a Jonathan Taylor and sometimes you get a Kevin Jones. The prices are often skewed towards the most optimistic outcome. I liked, but didn't love Najee as a draft prospect. Felt he was basically the B+ version of Steven Jackson. The problem is that people have been valuing him as if he's exactly Steven Jackson. Even at 100% I feel he's closer to merely a good starter than exceptional.

Hoping he's not bothered by this injury though. Injuries are the worst part of FF hands down.
Yeah I never thought he had much burst. He's big, has light feet for a big guy and catches the ball well. He just doesn't seem to generate drive or acceleration and that offense isn't doing him any favors.

Reactions: EBF

It’s really all about volume. Tomlin feeds his RBs like few other coaches do and he eschews the use of RBBC.

Huh, hadn't really thought that he was healthy all year and how rare that is for an NFL RB.
------------------------------------------------------
Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL
RBs who played in all 33 regular season games over the last 2 seasons:
Devin Singletary, Nyheim Hines, Darrel Williams That's it.
Likes of Jonathan Taylor, Najee Harris, Ezekiel Elliott & Javonte Williams appeared in 17 games in 2021 & can't be counted on to do so again in '22
Could be back as soon as Sunday but it is rare for NFL RBs to stay healthy for the entire season.
===============================
Harris could return as soon as Sunday

I drafted him in one league of three, for transparency.

In his rookie year, he tied for the lead league in targets and was second in carries. For .5 PPR, he finished as RB4. Factoring in games lost to injury to other RBs, if you want to average out points/game, he's still in the top 8.

I don't think he's perfect, but volume-heavy RB who own a backfield are hard to come by. I might regret my choice in the end, but I am not going to fault the logic behind the decision at least.

God himself couldn’t average 4.5-5 YPC with that line
This. Anyone that has watched the Steelers over the past two years can see the offensive line is pitiful.

Not only can’t they open a hole they are routinely pushed backwards and the RB is getting hit almost as soon as they get the ball.

Tomlin and Colbert have done a good job assembling a pretty good defense and offensive skill players but it has come at the expense of the offensive line.

It has to be the top priority for next season but in the meantime Harris (and anyone else they put back there) are pretty much on their own.

Tomlin said that Harris is very optimistic for playing this week but he will have to prove in practice that he is ready. I know that doesn't add much clarity to the situation this week but it pretty much confirms the injury is not considered serious.

Official report from the Steelers regarding TJ Watt: partial torn pec, will require rehab but no surgery. He is expected to be out 4-6 weeks.

Najee Harris (foot) was a full participant in Thursday's practice.​

The upgrade makes it extremely likely that Harris will play in Week 2's game against the Patriots. He'll be a volume-heavy, low-end RB1 in that game as the Steelers again try to prove that they can actually run the ball. Harris had just 10 carries for 23 yards against the Bengals in Week 1.
Sep 15, 2022, 3:43 PM ET

Najee Harris (foot) was a full participant in Thursday's practice.​

The upgrade makes it extremely likely that Harris will play in Week 2's game against the Patriots. He'll be a volume-heavy, low-end RB1 in that game as the Steelers again try to prove that they can actually run the ball. Harris had just 10 carries for 23 yards against the Bengals in Week 1.
Sep 15, 2022, 3:43 PM ET
I’m starting him with (no) confidence.

I'm surprised that the majority of the board seems to be discounting Jaylen Warren. (Not that he will take over Najee's role, I'm leaning more towards a handcuff)

I had a high ankle sprain several years ago, and it bothered me for literally months.
That combined with Harris supposedly suffering a Lisfranc in training camp............. That was "hushed up" for weeks.
Any RB can get hurt at any time, but when multiple things start to be a concern, then I lean towards handcuffing in these scenarios.

I really don't see much value to Warren currently, but if Harris starts missing time or is shut down, then he is definitely a back I want on my bench.
The volume should be there, and he has several decent matchups near the end of the fantasy season too.

I only have him stashed in 1/3 redraft leagues, but I'm looking for ways to add him in the others.

Najee Harris (foot) was removed from the Week 2 injury report and will play against the Patriots.​

Harris looked sluggish in Pittsburgh's victory over the Bengals, turning 10 carries into 23 yards. He did manage to find the end zone on one of his two receptions. This was all before he left in the second half because of the foot injury. His normally massive role keeps him in the RB1 conversation, though Harris doesn't have the upside that other top-12 fantasy backs possess.
Sep 16, 2022, 3:36 PM ET

This might be the worst o line I've ever seen. Maybe worse than last year. I'm almost positive they know and that's why Pickett isn't playing.

Najee Harris rushed 15 times for 56 yards and a touchdown in the Steelers' Week 3 loss to the Browns, adding three receptions for five additional yards.​

Harris' five-yard touchdown to open the second quarter featured a pair of violent stiff arms and a powerful finish near the goal line. Fantasy managers will take it, though he is averaging just 59 yards from scrimmage through three contests. The supposed touch monster has also yet to better 15 carries, though he has reached 18 handles each of the past two weeks. The workloads aren't the problem so much as Harris' supporting cast. Although it was better tonight, the offensive line remains a liability. Mitch Trubisky, meanwhile, is threatening precisely nobody under center. Harris will nevertheless remain on the RB1/2 borderline for his plus Week 4 matchup with the Jets.
Sep 22, 2022, 11:59 PM ET

Alex Kozora
@Alex_Kozora

One note from Steelers' final play last night. Not only did the Browns pad the scoreboard with a fumble recovery TD, it goes down as the first fumble of Najee Harris' regular season career. Went 430 touches without fumbling. His lateral is an odd way to end the streak. #Steelers

People are done with this cat it seems.

Was offered him for Jeff Wilson and Khalil Herbert in a redraft just now. He was on my avoid list but hard to turn down that offer.

Pissed me off something fierce when tiny hands vultured him TWICE on Sunday.

He just doesn't look explosive at all Abe their line stinks. Thought I had gotten a minor steal when I snagged him at 10 but he is not fun to own so far

Pissed me off something fierce when tiny hands vultured him TWICE on Sunday.

He just doesn't look explosive at all Abe their line stinks. Thought I had gotten a minor steal when I snagged him at 10 but he is not fun to own so far
Now imagine partnering him with Kamara and Montgomery in your fantasy backfield and feel my pain.

Najee didn't pass the eyeball test last year, is an older prospect, and was being valued by some as the RB1. Feeling good about flipping him for Hall+ in one league and two '23 1st's in another before the season.

All of the dump offs last year inflated his value, now those have vanished and the team is somehow even worse.

I only roster him in 1 dynasty league and, obviously, he’s now a Hold, Wait and See. 🤞

Have to imagine the Steelers will draft one, or seven, O-linemen in the upcoming draft which might help Najee's prospects. That is, unless they go typical Steelers and draft a LB and a WR ,1-2. Najee seems like a good dude, and will grind out these ugly games. In dynasty, the sunk cost requires a hold, and to hope for better days.

His trade value right now is obviously ice cold. I waited a week too long, could have probably gotten 50 cents on the dollar before all those "We're gonna use Jaylen Warren more and more" quotes came out. If you're a believer, I can't imagine it would take much to get him.

On the positive side (*knock on wood*) his floor each week is ok. He's not going to give you one of those 2 point stinkers.

I'm holding for now, with the hope that as Pickett gets more comfortable he might see some late season value.

I'd push him as a buy-low candidate. Check in with your Najee owner, maybe he'll take a Josh Reynolds. Maybe your backup TE is better than his starter. Lots of Kickers are injured right now. Buy low.

Users who are viewing this thread