What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (2 Viewers)

Nick Chubb had 16 rushes for 91 yards and a touchdown in the Browns' Week 7 loss to the Ravens, adding two catches for 16 yards.

Chubb had a handful of chunk gains in the first half but was eventually phased out as the Browns were forced to play from behind in the second half. Chubb actually out-targeted Kareem Hunt, who was highly ineffective in limited usage against the Ravens. Chubb, who eclipsed 100 rushing yards in four of his first five games of 2022, had a nice bounce back following his 56-yard outing in Week 6 against the Patriots. It's clear the Browns wants Chubb to be the offensive centerpiece; it's only a matter of maintaining the sort of game script that would lead to 20-plus Chubb carries. He'll be a locked-in RB1 option in Week 8 against the Bengals.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Nick Chubb rushed 14 times for 19 yards in the Browns' Week 11 loss to the Bills, adding three catches for 48 yards.​

Chubb hasn't rushed for fewer than 20 yards in a game since Week 5 of his rookie season in 2018. Luckily, for his fantasy backers, he improved his stat line with a handful of long receptions, including a 26-yarder near the end of the first quarter. Despite the lackluster fantasy outing, Chubb's usage was strong. He out-carried Kareem Hunt 14-6 and saw one more target. Chubb will look to rebound in a closer game with the Bucs in Week 12.
Nov 20, 2022, 5:18 PM ET

Nick Chubb rushed 17 times for 80 yards in Cleveland's Week 13 win over Houston.​

Chubb got plenty of forward progress outside of the safety that Houston scored by tackling him in the end zone on a play from the CLE 1, but it was ultimately a disappointing fantasy result given the game script and a dead-in-the-water Texans run defense. The Browns ran one red zone play, negating any chance of a touchdown. A very good real life effort that unfortunately did not do much for your fantasy team. Chubb will look to rebound against the Bengals in Week 14 as a mid-tier RB1.
Dec 4, 2022, 4:38 PM ET

Not practicing. 😠

Nick Chubb (foot) did not practice on Tuesday.​

Chubb spoke to the media earlier in the day so there's probably nothing to be too alarmed about here. We expect a lot of players to be managed today as the NFL plays most of its games on Saturday and puts most of their teams on a short week. Chubb carried the ball 21 times on Sunday and should be in the RB1 conversation against the Saints on Saturday.
SOURCE: Jake Trotter on Twitter
Dec 20, 2022, 1:28 PM ET

Nick Chubb (foot) did not practice Wednesday.​

Per The AP's Tom Withers, the team is still optimistic that Chubb will be able to play. He has not practiced this week. The Browns play on Saturday, giving Chubb one fewer do to get back to playing shape. If he can't go, Kareem Hunt would see a massive uptick in his workload for Cleveland's Week 16 matchup with the Saints.
RELATED:

I would assume that he was insinuating that Watson brings no legit threat of a downfield passing game, thereby allowing defenses the freedom to stack the box.
I would hope no one is trying to make that claim.

One thing is for sure....Chubb's #'s have mysteriously tapered way off since Watson's "triumphant" return. Is he just worn down or is it directly linked to Watson? Who knows?

3 games prior to Watson returning. 198 yards on 51 carries. 3.88 per rush.

3 games with Watson. 213 yards on 52 carries, 4.09 per rush.

Could be worn out. He's already got second most carries he's had in a season, last time he got this much was 2019 when he was a fresh 24 year old. But I can't really say I've seen anything would lead me to tie this on Watson.

Its not the attempts or yards, its the tds which have dried up since Watson came in. Its a very small sample size of 3 games, but in my league, over those 3 games he is down 11 fantasy points per game vs his average in his prior games this season.

Its not the attempts or yards, its the tds which have dried up since Watson came in. Its a very small sample size of 3 games, but in my league, over those 3 games he is down 11 fantasy points per game vs his average in his prior games this season.
Yes, this is the big problem. He had 12 TDs before Watson (in 11 games). In three games with Watson he has 0.

The wind will all but eliminate the .passing game. That, you can count on. It won't affect the running game, but a frozen field would. Storm will hit Friday morning with plummeting temps. I'm not sure how frozen it'll be come Saturday afternoon. A frozen field makes it tough for linemen (O & D) to get any movement.

Up to 60 mph gusts, high temperature of 9 degrees with a windchill at times dipping to -25.
That sort of weather eliminates the passing game.
Both defenses won't worry about the pass and will stack the box looking to shut down each other's running game.
I expect an ugly, low scoring game.
-------------------------
EDIT: Just saw this.
-------------------------
NFL Week 16 weather: A complete guide to how games will be impacted by winter storm

New Orleans Saints at Cleveland Browns (Sat., 1 p.m. ET)​

• 12 degrees, RealFeel of -18
  • 29 mph wind, gusts up to 63 mph
  • Cloudy, a snow shower; very cold, blowing and drifting snow
Fact to Know
  • This could be the first game with 25-plus mile per hour winds since the Patriots-Bills 14-10 slugfest in Buffalo last year where the Patriots attempted just three passes. The current Over/Under point total of 31.5 is the lowest in a game since 2008 (Browns/Bengals).
... wind is the much bigger concern. Teams are more likely to go run-heavy in cold, windy environments, and these are two teams that already want to limit possessions and run the ball. If the forecast holds, I wouldn't be surprised to see neither QB attempt 30 passes...

Last edited:
He’s in an absolute guarantee smash spot this week with the weather.
That’s a weird take. If there can’t be a passing game what do you think the defense is going to focus on? The implied totals by Vegas are so low because they don’t think there will be much offense at all.

FYI-he returned to practice today.

Nick Chubb (foot) will play in Week 16 against the Saints.​

After missing the first two days of practice to start the week, Chubb returned to practice on Friday and has been removed from the team's injury report. Those hoping to see Kareem Hunt monopolize backfield touches in Chubb's absence will need to deal with his presence this week as he looks to run through a Saints defense that's allowing the 10th-most rushing yards per game (130.7) this season. Chubb is a must-start in all fantasy formats.
Dec 22, 2022, 12:45 PM ET

Anyone else considering benching him? I have good options with Pollard or AJones.
I am leaning Pollard over Chubb. Hearing the weather predictions for the Cleveland game is scaring me away. Vegas usually has a good line on these things and an O/U of 32 is awful for scoring hopes. I do think they will run a lot. I just don't think there will be much movement on either side.

Anyone else considering benching him? I have good options with Pollard or AJones.
I think Pollard would be a fairly easy call especially with possible crap weather.

If I bench him it would be for Allgeier in Baltimore. Also, AJones officially Q right now, FYI.

If healthy, I'm starting him. Yes the defense will be stacking the box but it's cold for them too. Chubb might get 25-30 carries and Hunt 5-10 himself. By mid 3rd quarter, with the temperature feeling like -20°, the body is going to instinctively wince when a battering ram like Chubb comes at them again. One of them he's going to break off for a big one that will decide the game.

Browns offensive line/run game gets a boost.
Many may be unaware of who Pocic is and his effectiveness on the Browns O-Line.
Prior to his injury, he was on a Pro Bowl pace.
The stark splits note his impact by his absence in the run game. Precipitous drop-off from 4 to 17 running the ball so getting him back 'should' help Chubb.
About the only negative would be that he has never worked with Watson so there 'could' be a snap/exchange issue, doubtful but 'possible'.
Cannot oversell how good Pocic has been.
------------------------------
Anthony Poisal@AnthonyPoisal
After returning to practice earlier this week, C Ethan Pocic will be activated from injured reserve for Saturday vs. Saints. He should be a big boost to the #BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png interior O-Line.
--------------------------------
Why Mitch Morse over Ethan Pocic for Pro Bowl nod is egregious
...Center Ethan Pocic, who is set to return from Injured Reserve, has experienced a massive breakout season for the Browns in 2022 ...
...Pocic has started since day-one after Nick Harris suffered a season-ending injury on the first dive of the preseason. He has been nothing but tremendous as Bill Callahan has notched another infinity stone in his developmental gauntlet...
...Pocic’s absence the past four weeks has put his impact on this offensive line in Cleveland on full display as well. The Browns were a top-four rushing team in the NFL over the first 11 weeks of the season but fell to the 17th-best in the four weeks that Pocic was out on Injured Reserve.

It’s on his tape, it’s noticeable in his absence, Pocic has been a top-shelf center this season

Browns offensive line/run game gets a boost.
Many may be unaware of who Pocic is and his effectiveness on the Browns O-Line.
Prior to his injury, he was on a Pro Bowl pace.
The stark splits note his impact by his absence in the run game. Precipitous drop-off from 4 to 17 running the ball so getting him back 'should' help Chubb.
About the only negative would be that he has never worked with Watson so there 'could' be a snap/exchange issue, doubtful but 'possible'.
Cannot oversell how good Pocic has been.
------------------------------
Anthony Poisal@AnthonyPoisal
After returning to practice earlier this week, C Ethan Pocic will be activated from injured reserve for Saturday vs. Saints. He should be a big boost to the #BrownsView attachment 3285 interior O-Line.
--------------------------------
Why Mitch Morse over Ethan Pocic for Pro Bowl nod is egregious
...Center Ethan Pocic, who is set to return from Injured Reserve, has experienced a massive breakout season for the Browns in 2022 ...
...Pocic has started since day-one after Nick Harris suffered a season-ending injury on the first dive of the preseason. He has been nothing but tremendous as Bill Callahan has notched another infinity stone in his developmental gauntlet...
...Pocic’s absence the past four weeks has put his impact on this offensive line in Cleveland on full display as well. The Browns were a top-four rushing team in the NFL over the first 11 weeks of the season but fell to the 17th-best in the four weeks that Pocic was out on Injured Reserve.

It’s on his tape, it’s noticeable in his absence, Pocic has been a top-shelf center this season
Toot toot!!

Watson has been an anchor on all Cleveland skill position players. He's destroyed Amari IMO

This how you tell someone you've not been paying attention to Amari's career without telling them you've not been paying attention to his career.
I drafted him as a rookie in my dynasty league. The switch to Watson hurt Amari's production, that's what this is. Watson is not up to speed after so long away.

Also, if your only purpose in posting is to throw shade and act like some sort of fantasy football cool guy, just don't post. For one, there is not such a thing as a fantasy football cool guy, we're all nerds. Two, please son... I enjoy this hobby but I don't use it to define any iota of my value and I really hope you find a way to do that as well. Have a great season.

Watson has been an anchor on all Cleveland skill position players. He's destroyed Amari IMO

This how you tell someone you've not been paying attention to Amari's career without telling them you've not been paying attention to his career.
I drafted him as a rookie in my dynasty league. The switch to Watson hurt Amari's production, that's what this is. Watson is not up to speed after so long away.

Also, if your only purpose in posting is to throw shade and act like some sort of fantasy football cool guy, just don't post. For one, there is not such a thing as a fantasy football cool guy, we're all nerds. Two, please son... I enjoy this hobby but I don't use it to define any iota of my value and I really hope you find a way to do that as well. Have a great season.
No idea what you are driveling on about.

Anyone who has followed Amari's career knows he has extended bouts of games he absolutely vanishes. This is especially true when he's dealing with an injury which just happened to crop up in Watsons debut.

It's simple minded as hell putting all the blame on Watson. Watson played poorly against the Texans and he was a hindrance in that game. Then faced two really good D's, one in some sloppy weather, and his play was not horrible in those games at all. DPJ literally had the best game of his career with Watson. Njoku has been solid in both games with Watson. Chubb's play started to decline before Watson got the gig and that might have to with being worn down or losing Pocic but as I've pointed out Chubb's ypc is higher the 3 games with Watson then the 3 previous. Similar for Hunt is over 5 yards per carry since Watson arrived. That does not sound like an anchor to me but Amari being Amari.

Chubb is not a quitter
Chubb is one of my all time favorite players. Reminds me of him and OBJ on the sideline and OBJ comes up and says "I want to score a touchdown" and Chubb, without missing a beat says "I want to win". Love that guy and his dedication. He will play, and I think he produces well this week.

Users who are viewing this thread