What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Sony Michel (1 Viewer)

I haven't watch a lot of the Charger games the last 2 years, but will this year due to Ekler & Williams in fantasy, and Herbert as a great talent. Question: how does a RB average only 3.2 and 3.1 ypc in 2020 (111 carries) and 2021 (33 carries) for such a high powered offense?
I don’t know, but I do know the chargers seem to like Kelley regardless.

I’m not super high on him, but I do believe he’ll have a role.

I’m not sure what that means for Sony

Michel adds value over Spiller.
But not necessarily over Kelley.

Based on what? Kelley has been a disappointment since he was drafted in 2020. He had a strong camp and preseason this year, so he may be ready to make a positive contribution, but he has no history of that. There is certainly no reason to believe he can either run the ball or pass protect as effectively as Michel.

Michel adds value over Spiller.
But not necessarily over Kelley.

Based on what? Kelley has been a disappointment since he was drafted in 2020. He had a strong camp and preseason this year, so he may be ready to make a positive contribution, but he has no history of that. There is certainly no reason to believe he can either run the ball or pass protect as effectively as Michel.
Drafting Spiller and signing Michel tells you how the really feel about Kelley - they already had of depth behind him.

Rams signed RB Sony Michel, formerly of the Chargers, to a one-year contract.​

Michel will likely be trying for a roster spot as a Cam Akers backup. It doesn't say much positive about Kyren Williams and Zach Evans that they didn't show enough in offseason practices to keep this from happening. Michel will be the most experienced backup on the roster if he makes it and would likely be the No. 2 back on early-down plays.
RELATED:
Jun 20, 2023 at 2:34 PM ET

McVay and his running backs continues. He signed Tiyon Evans as a UDFA, right? Only to cut him like two or three weeks later. You knew what the guy could and couldn't do. Why'd you even sign him?

I don't trust McVay as far as I could throw him. And he might be a little gnome, but I ain't that big.

McVay and his running backs continues. He signed Tiyon Evans as a UDFA, right? Only to cut him like two or three weeks later. You knew what the guy could and couldn't do. Why'd you even sign him?

I don't trust McVay as far as I could throw him. And he might be a little gnome, but I ain't that big.

Well with your bad knee, rock, you shouldn't throw anybody.

It's true.

Can include Riech in this conversation as Carolina also signed and cut Tiyon Evans.

Sometimes you got to get to know the guy and for him to be cut this soon twice my guess is he's not awesome when you get him inside the building.

Sometimes you got to get to know the guy and for him to be cut this soon twice my guess is he's not awesome when you get him inside the building.

I didn't know TIyon Evans had been cut again. It's more than likely that your guess is correct in this instance.

Users who are viewing this thread