What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Steven Jackson StL (1 Viewer)

I picked up Faulk in a league this week just in case they decide to rest Jackson, but the coaching staff was quoted in the St. Louis Dispatch as saying it wasn't serious. I'd be interested in this as well...but this time of the year is tough to predict...

Steven Jackson, RB STLNews: StLouisRams.com reports Steven Jackson (hip, probable ) missed practice again Thursday. Interim head cach Joe Vitt said he "thinks (Jackson) will be okay."Analysis: Barring setbacks, Jackson is a decent start against the vulnerable San Francisco 49ers.

Rams | Jackson likely a gametime decisionThu, 22 Dec 2005 22:14:31 -0800Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports St. Louis Rams RB Steven Jackson (hip pointer) looks to be a gametime decision for Week 16. In fact, unless the soreness in Jackson's hip eases in the next 24 hours or so, RB Marshall Faulk figures to have another busy afternoon. "I'm feeling a little better, taking it day to day," Jackson said Thursday, Dec. 22. "I'm not a doctor. I'm not a miracle worker. I do intend on trying to help my team in pursuing another win. But I've got to make sure everything's OK." Interim head coach Joe Vitt is willing to be patient with Jackson. "I think he'll be OK. We'll have to wait and see," Vitt said. "If he tells me at game time he's ready to go, I trust him."I'll be benching him for Ricky Williams after this news.

Scary proposition with a hip pointer - even if Jax starts one bad hit to that hip and he could be out. I would rather have him declared out and give Faulk the full workload. I think Faulk will get a lot of carries anyway - but if JAx plays he should get the GL carries. Tough call....especially in FF championship week!

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Friday, December 23, 2005

Update: Jackson (hip) didn't practice Thursday and is still feeling considerable discomfort with his injury the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Recommendation: Jackson will be a game-time decision due to stiffness and soreness in the left hip area where he took a helmet in Week 15. "You play through pain all the time in this game," Jackson said. "It's just one of those things where I really feel like I can't get my burst like I normally can." Interim head coach Joe Vitt said he was willing to wait and see if Jackson starts feeling better over the next 24 hours. "I think he'll be OK. We'll have to wait and see," Vitt said. "If he tells me at game time he's ready to go, I trust him." The bottom line is if you have a lineup deadline today we'd recommend you stay away from Jackson unless you don't have any other options. The Rams have a healthy Marshall Faulk sitting on the bench and would be foolish to jeopardize the future of their young star with nothing on the line.

It's looking more like MARSHALL....

If Jackson can't go, then does Martin (if he starts) become even a better play? I mean, Marshall can't carry it 20 times, is a better receiver, etc. If Martin throws 40 times against the 49rs, I like his chances for 250+ and a few scores..

If Jackson can't go, then does Martin (if he starts) become even a better play? I mean, Marshall can't carry it 20 times, is a better receiver, etc. If Martin throws 40 times against the 49rs, I like his chances for 250+ and a few scores..
Just curious, but why would you say here that Faulk "can't carry it 20 times"?! He's healthy, the 49ers stink (Rams likely to not be playing from behind), and he doesn't have much of anyone to share the carries with him. Why then couldn't Marshall Faulk end up with 20-25 carries and 5-6 receptions if Jackson sits in Week 16? :confused:

I'm starting Marshall over Edge, MBarbar, Crockett, and Stecker....Come on Marshall win one more championship for me! :boxing:

Might have to consider picking up Faulk, if Jackson isn't going to play. Never would have thought going into the season I'd be starting an old school backfield of M Faulk and R Williams. Reminds me of the old days. :)

If Jackson can't go, then does Martin (if he starts) become even a better play?  I mean, Marshall can't carry it 20 times, is a better receiver, etc.  If Martin throws 40 times against the 49rs, I like his chances for 250+ and a few scores..
Just curious, but why would you say here that Faulk "can't carry it 20 times"?! He's healthy, the 49ers stink (Rams likely to not be playing from behind), and he doesn't have much of anyone to share the carries with him. Why then couldn't Marshall Faulk end up with 20-25 carries and 5-6 receptions if Jackson sits in Week 16? :confused:
He had 21 touches last week against a better Philly rush defense. :thumbup:

Might have to consider picking up Faulk, if Jackson isn't going to play. Never would have thought going into the season I'd be starting an old school backfield of M Faulk and R Williams. Reminds me of the old days. :)
Going with the same backfield! Let's all turn back the clocks a few years for one day at least!!!

How much time will Arlen Harris see if S. Jax. is out? Would he cut significantly into Faulks carries? I know that Faulk was pulled last week and was angry on the sidelines, but I'm not sure what the situation was.

From CBS Sportsline today:Steven Jackson, RB STLNews: Rams RB Steven Jackson (hip) practiced Friday and is probable for Week 16 action vs. the 49ers. Jackson had missed practice on Thursday. He is still considered to be a gametime decision, and Marshall Faulk would replace Jackson if he couldn't play.Analysis: Jackson is a likely starter, which is a good thing since his matchup against the 49ers is a good one. Just confirm his status Saturday morning before using him.

I am getting a bad feeling that there is going to be a committee here. Is anyone else getting that feeling. Potentially Faulk's last game at home with SJAX starting with Harris playing some downs if SJAX gets hurt. GEEZZZ!!!

I am getting a bad feeling that there is going to be a committee here. Is anyone else getting that feeling. Potentially Faulk's last game at home with SJAX starting with Harris playing some downs if SJAX gets hurt. GEEZZZ!!!
I'm a SJax owner, and I'm not liking this situation. I can see a RBBC with split carries too which hurts SJax but doen't make Faulk a good play either. I am statring to plan on Moats.

I have watched the Rams play very poor to just bad the last few weeks. Jackson has not been getting the ball much even when he was healthy, now he is nicked up. The niners on the other hand seem to be trying to improve each week, and played Jacksonville extremely hard last week. Plus they beat the Rams ealier in the year and Bryant Young is back and I suspect he will be a force tommorrow. I am sitting Jackson and starting Gore. I have more faith in a rookie rb for a bad team than I do with the mess the Rams have been putting on the field of late. :2cents:

If he starts, SJax should have the majority role as usual. There's no point in "saving" him. Faulk may get a few more opp's because of last game thing, but no reason Arlen will.

Halfback Steven Jackson missed his second day of practice because of hip and foot problems. He's listed as probable, but he's a little more questionable than that. The hip is still sore so it will be a game-time decision whether he plays. The rest of the injury report is the same. per J.Clayton espn.com

I think he missed wed and thursday. Can anyone else confirm this??Rams RB Steven Jackson (hip) practiced Friday and is probable for Week 16 action vs. the 49ers. Jackson had missed practice on Thursday. He is still considered to be a gametime decision, and Marshall Faulk would replace Jackson if he couldn't play. (Updated 12/23/2005).

YEAH, he missed Wed./Thurs. then practiced today and is listed as probable, but still a gtd. NOT GOOD.

Not a good week to own a Jackson, luckily my oppenent has both of them of fantasy signifigance :D

Per Rotoworld:Steven Jackson - RB - Rams RB Steven Jackson was finally able to practice on Friday.The practice was more of a extensive walk-through. ESPN's John Clayton reports that his hip is still very sore. Despite his probable listing on the injury report, Clayton believes Jackson is the dreaded game-time decision. Dec. 23 - 8:54 pm et

How the heck can a guy be "probable" and a Game time decision? Isn't that questionable at the very least?

this is a headache waiting to happen right herei hope he doesnt play and then get hit in the first quarter and not return to the game, which is what i can see happening with thiseither play or dont steve, we need ya!

Rams | M. Faulk to get the start?Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:59:36 -0800According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, St. Louis Rams RB Marshall Faulk is expected to start the team's Week 16 game in place of injured RB Steven Jackson (hip pointer).

this is a headache waiting to happen right here

i hope he doesnt play and then get hit in the first quarter and not return to the game, which is what i can see happening with this

either play or dont steve, we need ya!
Loopdog, there's a correct sentence in there somewhere :D but your overall point illustrates what every SJax owner (myself included) is most worried about. One hit, and he could be done, and us too. And the fact that SF is giving up the most FF points to RB's just twists the knife in your gut one more painful revolution.

Rams | M. Faulk to get the start?

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:59:36 -0800

According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, St. Louis Rams RB Marshall Faulk is expected to start the team's Week 16 game in place of injured RB Steven Jackson (hip pointer).
Painful news, but any decisive info at this point is a blessing.

this is a headache waiting to happen right here

i hope he doesnt play and then get hit in the first quarter and not return to the game, which is what i can see happening with this

either play or dont steve, we need ya!
Loopdog, there's a correct sentence in there somewhere :D but your overall point illustrates what every SJax owner (myself included) is most worried about. One hit, and he could be done, and us too. And the fact that SF is giving up the most FF points to RB's just twists the knife in your gut one more painful revolution.
exact reason why I'm going with Faulk - its the conservative move but tough to risk an early exit from Jax.

haha yeah i should really start proofreading before i hit the old reply buttonoh wellin any event, i hope jackson starts or they announce he sits, just dont tease me with the 2 plays and outi see that foxsports.com is reporting that jackson will sit, but i dont trust themill wait until the big dogs announce it

Rams | M. Faulk to get the start?Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:59:36 -0800According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, St. Louis Rams RB Marshall Faulk is expected to start the team's Week 16 game in place of injured RB Steven Jackson (hip pointer).

Marshall Faulk is expected to start at running back against the 49ers.One thing to keep in mind with Faulk: he was so exhausted after getting 19 touches last week that he couldn't finish a close game. So he may not get a full workload. That said, Faulk has been very productive when given the chance this year. The game is on turf versus a poor defense. He's a good replacement for Steven Jackson and a fine flex option Saturday. Dec. 24 - 10:38 am etrotoworld.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 24 According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, St. Louis Rams RB Marshall Faulk is expected to start the team's Week 16 game in place of injured RB Steven Jackson (hip pointer). :D

Marshall Faulk is expected to start at running back against the 49ers.

One thing to keep in mind with Faulk: he was so exhausted after getting 19 touches last week that he couldn't finish a close game. So he may not get a full workload. That said, Faulk has been very productive when given the chance this year. The game is on turf versus a poor defense. He's a good replacement for Steven Jackson and a fine flex option Saturday. Dec. 24 - 10:38 am et

rotoworld.com
Good Stuff, was going to p/u Faulk off the wire but with this info may go Wells or Branch instead.

Holy ####flakes. I thought I was all set with a three headed RB monster of LJ, LT and SJax. Looks like I'm officially ####ed.

is anyone besides FOX reporting this also???I have both Faulk and Jackson and need to know!!

is anyone besides FOX reporting this also???

I have both Faulk and Jackson and need to know!!
Marshall Faulk is expected to start at running back against the 49ers.One thing to keep in mind with Faulk: he was so exhausted after getting 19 touches last week that he couldn't finish a close game. So he may not get a full workload. That said, Faulk has been very productive when given the chance this year. The game is on turf versus a poor defense. He's a good replacement for Steven Jackson and a fine flex option Saturday. Dec. 24 - 10:38 am et

rotoworld.com

is anyone besides FOX reporting this also???

I have both Faulk and Jackson and need to know!!
Marshall Faulk is expected to start at running back against the 49ers.One thing to keep in mind with Faulk: he was so exhausted after getting 19 touches last week that he couldn't finish a close game. So he may not get a full workload. That said, Faulk has been very productive when given the chance this year. The game is on turf versus a poor defense. He's a good replacement for Steven Jackson and a fine flex option Saturday. Dec. 24 - 10:38 am et

rotoworld.com
that report is based on the initial fox report.

Why is S Jax still ranked where he is on todays updated cheatsheet FBG? Fix it, someone might just glance at that and think he's a good play, this is championship week for many. TIA

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread