What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tony Pollard, TEN (2 Viewers)

Bolded added for emphasis. Doesn't sound to me like he wants to pass more and run less. He may be trying to protect his QB, who led the league in INTs. Just my opinion.
It sounds like what I said, he wants to play better complementary football and help his defense.
Right, and it would seem that would entail running more and passing less than what they did in previous years.
It's not that simple.

Bolded added for emphasis. Doesn't sound to me like he wants to pass more and run less. He may be trying to protect his QB, who led the league in INTs. Just my opinion.
It sounds like what I said, he wants to play better complementary football and help his defense.
Right

People that actually watched them play last year know there were times when Dallas was still throwing the ball when they should have been running the ball (clock) and protecting leads late (and letting his D catch a breath)

Right

People that actually watched them play last year know there were times when Dallas was still throwing the ball when they should have been running the ball (clock) and protecting leads late (and letting his D catch a breath)
It's a hard thing to explain. But a major complaint I've been heard a few people over the years have on Moore is that he just calls plays but is lacking on having a game plan for the offense as opposed to just calling plays. Again it's a difficult thing to sit around and try and type out to explain but it's not the volume of runs that McCarthy had an issue with it's how Moore married the running game with the rest of the team.

Dallas led the league last year in RB rushing attempts, which is basically saying if you remove QB's they led the league in attempts. There is not a lot of room to grow that further and actually run more.

Last year Dallas was 7th in the NFL in Rush attempts per game. I could see them easily being top 5 this year
Do you know what the difference between 7th and 5th was last year?

7th and 2nd?

How about 7th and 12th?
Not to speak for Deamon, but Dallas was one of the most run-heavy teams in the league last year, correct? Sixth most rushing attempts from what I saw. Then McCarthy complained they didn't run enough when giving an explanation as to why they let their OC go. So I think its reasonable to say they may be in the top 5 next season.
He'll do/say anything he can to disagree with me wherever he can. I've actually talked football here and in no way was I dissing the Cowboys by saying they might run the ball as many/a few more times than they did last year and he searched for a gripe.

I'm a pollard owner and am optimistic that he will be top 10 in the NFL in number of carries (he wasn't far off that last year even with zeke getting more attempts than Pollard did). So many saying he "can't carry the load" , I disagree as he had a ton of carries last year as the 2nd guy, and he will surely be the 1st guy this year on an offense that is near top of the league in rush attempts (unless they somehow draft bijan which I doubt).

He'll do/say anything he can to disagree with me wherever he can. I've actually talked football here and in no way was I dissing the Cowboys by saying they might run the ball as many/a few more times than they did last year and he searched for a gripe.
All I did was ask you a few simple questions

No Cowboys fans here give a damn if you “dis the Cowboys”

“they might run the ball as many/a few times more” ??
What happened to “MM says he wants to run run run run run” ?

Which is it?

All I did was ask you a few simple questions

No Cowboys fans here give a damn if you “dis the Cowboys”

“they might run the ball as many/a few times more” ??
What happened to “MM says he wants to run run run run run” ?

Which is it?
Both. They were 6th/7th in the league last year. I think they run the ball even more this year and get into the top 3/4 in the league. What's so wrong with that/whats the point you're attempting to argue with? They ran a lot last year. They'll run more this year. Zeke's 250 carries are up for grabs and if pollard gets even 20 percent of them, he's considered a "workhorse rb". My point all along has been against the " pollard will never carry the load and can only thrive in a near equal split" narrative that some are saying. If he stays healthy, he's gonna rush more than 250 times imo based on him being paid as a feature back, and the fact that MM will increase on already high dallas rushing attempts.

Pretty much best possible news for Pollard today with the Jones signing. Should be going 2nd round now in redraft.
I'd curb my enthusiasm until after the draft. Certainly looks promising but Ronald Jones doesn't prohibit Dallas from going after a RB early IMO.
Yeah I don't think he makes the team honestly. If so, a 3rd down/3rd stringer. I see no way the Cowboys go into the draft without drafting one. Its one of their favorite positions.

Pretty much best possible news for Pollard today with the Jones signing. Should be going 2nd round now in redraft.
I'd curb my enthusiasm until after the draft. Certainly looks promising but Ronald Jones doesn't prohibit Dallas from going after a RB early IMO.
Yeah, Jones has about as much staying power as a Rex Burkhead or Jordan Howard. This won't stop anything.

Yeah, Jones has about as much staying power as a Rex Burkhead or Jordan Howard. This won't stop anything.
I disagree. I think they're happy with Pollard+Jones+Davis. Davis was already arguably a capable backup. Willing to bet they don't draft an RB in the first 3 rounds.

I disagree. I think they're happy with Pollard+Jones+Davis. Davis was already arguably a capable backup. Willing to bet they don't draft an RB in the first 3 rounds.
I agree Davis has potential to be a solid backup. I'll also stand by Jones being a meaningless signing.

I agree Davis has potential to be a solid backup. I'll also stand by Jones being a meaningless signing.
Bijan to dallas ain't happening man

Dude, it's Ronald Jones and Malik Davis, two utterly expendable guys. The only thing gumming up the works is Pollard and people keep telling you the staff doesn't think he's a workhorse back. Now, can they make him one for a year or two? Sure, they're not the ones that are going to deal with the after effects of the pounding he'll take.

Bijan is plenty on the table for the Cowboys.

Dude, it's Ronald Jones and Malik Davis, two utterly expendable guys. The only thing gumming up the works is Pollard and people keep telling you the staff doesn't think he's a workhorse back. Now, can they make him one for a year or two? Sure, they're not the ones that are going to deal with the after effects of the pounding he'll take.

Bijan is plenty on the table for the Cowboys.
"People".

And what qualifies as a "workhorse back" Top 15 in the NFL in rushing attempts? Top 8? Top 2?

Calm down. I asked you a question and you avoided it.

Tell me to calm down. Who are you? I didn't avoid a thing. I'm sort of ignoring it. You keep pounding the table telling everybody he's going to get somewhere around twenty carries per game. He's just likely not. I'm not into playing the projection game with you.

This is like the third thread you've maintained this in. It's merely speculation and you have no evidence pointing to him being a bellcow or workhorse aside from a few games Zeke missed.

Tell me to calm down. Who are you? I didn't avoid a thing. I'm sort of ignoring it. You keep pounding the table telling everybody he's going to get somewhere around twenty carries per game. He's just likely not. I'm not into playing the projection game with you.

This is like the third thread you've maintained this in. It's merely speculation and you have no evidence pointing to him being a bellcow or workhorse aside from a few games Zeke missed.
No, you're avoiding the serious question I asked and are playing the "he wont get 20 a game but I refuse to make a projection" game.

How many carries per game do you think he gets?

Do you think he's top 10 in the NFL in carries by the end of the season?

Pretty easy questions to answer unless you're just looking to argue and not talk football.

No, you're avoiding the serious question I asked and are playing the "he wont get 20 a game but I refuse to make a projection" game.

Pretty easy questions to answer unless you're just looking to argue and not talk football.

This is obnoxious behavior and I'm not dignifying it.

This is obnoxious behavior and I'm not dignifying it.
It's obnoxious to ask questions? Ok, keep deflecting.

It's obnoxious to ask questions? Ok, keep deflecting.

It's obnoxious to ask for projections when the team isn't even set yet, yes. There's no deflecting. You want an answer NOW! and I'm not dignifying it.
Yet you already gave a projection that he wouldn't hit 20 carries a game. So you can project some things when it's a way to disagree, but not others? Ok.

Yet you already gave a projection that he wouldn't hit 20 carries a game. So you can project some things when it's a way to disagree, but not others? Ok.

Just stop. You're mucking up the thread now. Leave me the **** alone.
I'm just asking football questions and if you don't want to answer them, you're welcome to put me on ignore instead of taking shots.

Pollard avg'd 12.5 carries a game last year and that was while being 2nd fiddle in a big way to Zeke (Zeke outcarried him by a pretty big margin)

He's the guy now, and today cemented that a bit. Most Cowboy fans on the board also agree they won't be taking an RB in round 1. Especially one they likely have to trade UP for.

I agree that the signing of Jones is a positive for Pollard - was concerned it may be Hunt, who I think might have been a bigger threat. In terms of workload, IIRC the guy who said he shouldn’t be getting more than around 20 snaps (RB coach Skip Peete) has moved on to Tampa, so maybe McCarthy/Schoettenheimer feel more comfortable- who knows.

All that said, as a Pollard owner, I am very concerned that they will draft a back in the first three rounds. And if Bijan somehow slips to them in round one (which I do doubt), I am pretty confident he’ll be a Cowboy. Fingers crossed here.

Last edited:

Who said anything about Bijan?

How dare these people have opinions on football players counter to yours and the narrative. And double dog damn these people if their opinions are wrong.

Low lifes! So far beneath us right?

How dare these people have opinions on football players counter to yours and the narrative. And double dog damn these people if their opinions are wrong.

Shut up, Eminence.

Shut up, Eminence.
Eminence front, it's a put-on.

Shut up, Eminence.
Eminence front, it's a put-on.
You’d think if a club threw you out 75 times, you’d not want to go back out of pride.

Guess some people have zero pride.

Dude, it's Ronald Jones and Malik Davis, two utterly expendable guys.
It’s hysterical that every time a marginal RB signs a small one year contract someone says “well, I guess no Bijan for them”.

Ronald Jones - LOL.
Be that as it may whoever when's that job may benefit with a short yardage td role. Assuming McCarthy doesn't change offensive philosophies. I'm in a mixed league where it's mostly standard with some bonus pts. Its what we call a goaline vulture. I'd like thst bird in my cage.

It’s hysterical that every time a marginal RB signs a small one year contract someone says “well, I guess no Bijan for them”.

Ronald Jones - LOL.
Be that as it may whoever when's that job may benefit with a short yardage td role. Assuming McCarthy doesn't change offensive philosophies. I'm in a mixed league where it's mostly standard with some bonus pts. Its what we call a goaline vulture. I'd like thst bird in my cage.
Sorry, no offense intended at all, but I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here.

Ronald Jones - LOL.
Sorry, no offense intended at all, but I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here.
I was under impression what he was trying to say was if Ronald Jones won the goal line job that would have value in his league.

Ronald Jones - LOL.
Lol no offense taken sir. 🤣 Just trying to say that I had Zeke last year and he scored 12 td's inside the red zone. If Davis or Jones can gain the coaching staff's confidence and assume that role this year that there may be some value.

I saw Jacob Gibbs today on twitter saying he just took Pollard in the 1st of a best ball (or perhaps a mock) and I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Gibbs is a good follow btw, just not on that post. The commentary sucks but he’s always interesting stats on WRs.

Are people really thinking that way right now? Ignore the draft, pretend they don’t draft a RB. Is Pollard in range of late 1st…lol…let’s say even late 2nd round for redraft? Really???

Are people really thinking that way right now? Ignore the draft, pretend they don’t draft a RB. Is Pollard in range of late 1st…lol…let’s say even late 2nd round for redraft? Really???
Yes absolutely. I wouldn't say 1st, but absolutely late 2nd unless they draft a RB in the first couple rounds (which I don't think they will)

Here's where he's being ranked in way too early/pre draft ranks just for a GENERAL sense.

FBG- RB14
Fantasy pro- RB10.
ESPN- RB9
Ratcliffe- RB13
Roto- RB7
Score- RB6
WF- RB10

Not cherry picking, those are the only ones I could find. That would put him from late 1st to late 2nd round in redraft. I'd put him mid-late 2nd and around RB10

Last edited:
I saw Jacob Gibbs today on twitter saying he just took Pollard in the 1st of a best ball (or perhaps a mock) and I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Gibbs is a good follow btw, just not on that post. The commentary sucks but he’s always interesting stats on WRs.

Absolutely. He put up monster numbers SHARING with Zeke. No reason he can't do a bit more.

Cowboys re-signed RB Tony Pollard to a one-year, $10.09 million contract.

Rehabbing a broken leg, Pollard required only 17 days of deliberation before signing his franchise tender. The sides now have until mid-July to hammer out a long-term agreement. We would not expect one in this case considering Pollard's position and his injury. Having cut Ezekiel Elliott, the Cowboys have thus far only added space filler Ronald Jones. There is a high probability they select a running back on draft weekend.
SOURCE: Todd Archer on Twitter
Mar 23, 2023 at 1:15 PM ET

Let's put a pin in this thread and if the Cowboys don't draft an RB by the end of day two, we break out the bubbly.
Maybe round 3, which wouldn't be that good for Pollard. Really don't think they spend round 1 or 2 on one though, they've become smarter than that lately.

Let's put a pin in this thread and if the Cowboys don't draft an RB by the end of day two, we break out the bubbly.
Well, nothing in rounds 1 and 2 like so many people were predicting. Not sure why people don't believe in Pollard carrying the load... he's going to.

Users who are viewing this thread