What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tony Pollard, TEN (2 Viewers)

Let's put a pin in this thread and if the Cowboys don't draft an RB by the end of day two, we break out the bubbly.
Well, nothing in rounds 1 and 2 like so many people were predicting. Not sure why people don't believe in Pollard carrying the load... he's going to.
Maybe they bring Zeke back or bring in Fournette or trade for Swift lots of things can still happen.

Let's put a pin in this thread and if the Cowboys don't draft an RB by the end of day two, we break out the bubbly.
Well, nothing in rounds 1 and 2 like so many people were predicting. Not sure why people don't believe in Pollard carrying the load... he's going to.
Maybe they bring Zeke back or bring in Fournette or trade for Swift lots of things can still happen.
I don't see Zeke coming back. If they wanted to keep him, they would have restructured his deal versus the dead cap hit.

Swift could happen but not sure they're willing to roll the dice on an oft-injured RB, regardless of talent.

Still the deepest RB draft class in awhile?

I don't see Zeke coming back. If they wanted to keep him, they would have restructured his deal versus the dead cap hit.

Swift could happen but not sure they're willing to roll the dice on an oft-injured RB, regardless of talent.

As a 2x Pollard owner I am good with this draft for Dallas so far.
Hoping Swift goes to Philly

haha whats your obsession with Philly getting another RB? They're good with the 4 they have.

haha whats your obsession with Philly getting another RB? They're good with the 4 they have.
I have Penny as a RFA some bozo just bid on him today so I want them to get another RB so he wastes his money but also wanted an elite talent RB to go there so I have someone I can draft.

I am not a fan of the Schoonmaker pick. I just think he would have been available later.

I'd curb my enthusiasm until after the draft. Certainly looks promising but Ronald Jones doesn't prohibit Dallas from going after a RB early IMO.

I am very concerned that they will draft a back in the first three rounds.

Looks like we dodged the bullet! Pollard might creep into Round 1 of Redrafts now. If he stays healthy, can't see any way that he won't be a top 5 RB in terms of # of opportunities.

The Deuce is loose.
Probably fighting Ronald Jones for a roster spot. It'd be more fun if Vaughn wins that job.
Now with Pollard, Davis, Jones, and Deuce, are they in the market for another? Pollard might lead the NFL in touches this year.
I would think they are done, unless Zeke comes back for the league minimum, as I don't think Jerry would say no to that. Don't see Zeke doing that though.

Leading the NFL in touches is unlikely, but 300-350 is very much on the table.

The Deuce is loose.
Probably fighting Ronald Jones for a roster spot. It'd be more fun if Vaughn wins that job.
Now with Pollard, Davis, Jones, and Deuce, are they in the market for another? Pollard might lead the NFL in touches this year.
I would think they are done, unless Zeke comes back for the league minimum, as I don't think Jerry would say no to that. Don't see Zeke doing that though.

Pollard had 232 last year and Zeke 238 (receptions + carries). 350 was 3rd place in the NFL last year, I think he will likely be top 3 now, all he has to do is pick up 35% of Zeke's missing touches.

The Deuce is loose.

Pollard had 232 last year and Zeke 238 (receptions + carries). 350 was 3rd place in the NFL last year, I think he will likely be top 3 now, all he has to do is pick up 35% of Zeke's missing touches.
Its possible, though Dallas may also be more inclined to pass (despite what they've said) with Cooks and a seemingly healthier Gallup.

Still, like I said, I've got Pollard as RB3 right now, and could honestly argue RB2. The key thing will be if Pollard runs away with the GL work, which given the other RBs on the team, feels very likely.

The Deuce is loose.

Its possible, though Dallas may also be more inclined to pass (despite what they've said) with Cooks and a seemingly healthier Gallup.

Still, like I said, I've got Pollard as RB3 right now, and could honestly argue RB2. The key thing will be if Pollard runs away with the GL work, which given the other RBs on the team, feels very likely.
At the very least, he has to be a lock to be a 1st round pick in redraft? (non sf)

The Deuce is loose.

At the very least, he has to be a lock to be a 1st round pick in redraft? (non sf)
Who do you have has your top 5 in order?

The Deuce is loose.

Who do you have has your top 5 in order?
At RB?

CMC, Jacobs, Pollard, Chubb, (dropoff) Ekeler

With honorable mentions for Henry, Barkley, and Bijan. I'll be letting someone else take Taylor.

Well Dallas finally drafted a RB.

A 5'1" 146 lbs RB from Kansas State.
He’ll be much more valuable in real football than fantasy. He’s a nice package player that makes plays in space. May see 5-8 touches a game, but anything north of 10 in pushing it.

might as well call Pete in Seattle and see if he got into @rockaction ice cream and is willing to give up Kenneth Walker for a pick or 2.

All the ice cream did was make me ornery. I'm not stoned. And it increased my appetite. That was a waste of $16.25, as was the pick for Deuce Vaughn a bit of a waste.

Interesting selection today all around, I guess.

Last edited:
Y’all done jinxed it.
:doh:

The ship hasn’t sailed there. We haven’t made a decision at all," Jones said when asked about bringing back Elliott after the team released him in March. "As far as our interest in Zeke, nothing we did today changes that. I haven’t ruled out Zeke.” This is in line with head coach Mike McCarthy saying in late March that the Cowboys would "keep the door open" for Elliott, a Dallas legend whose play has fallen off tremendously over the past two seasons. It appears Tony Pollard has not yet escaped the specter of Elliott as a short-yardage option who would take away valuable snaps.

Y’all done jinxed it.
:doh:

The ship hasn’t sailed there. We haven’t made a decision at all," Jones said when asked about bringing back Elliott after the team released him in March. "As far as our interest in Zeke, nothing we did today changes that. I haven’t ruled out Zeke.” This is in line with head coach Mike McCarthy saying in late March that the Cowboys would "keep the door open" for Elliott, a Dallas legend whose play has fallen off tremendously over the past two seasons. It appears Tony Pollard has not yet escaped the specter of Elliott as a short-yardage option who would take away valuable snaps.

They’re just negotiating money through the media IMO. Always assumed he would resign after the draft.

If it’s not Zeke, I imagine they’ll add someone unless they feel comfortable with Malik Davis taking a fair amount of touches. Doesn’t seem like they want Pollard to be a 300 touch guy because that can sap his efficiency.

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said Tony Pollard (leg) has been able to participate in OTAs.​

Pollard fractured his fibula in the NFC Divisional Round against San Francisco. He's been expected to be ready for training camp, and this seems like good news for that estimate. Pollard enters the post-draft portion of the offseason as the clear-cut Cowboys No. 1 back, though the specter of free agent Ezekiel Elliott will still loom as long as Jerry Jones is still calling the shots.
SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter
May 25, 2023, 1:05 PM ET

Tony Pollard (leg) told reporters he was ahead of schedule in his rehab and plans to be ready for the start of training camp.

Pollard has been participating in OTAs -- but not going full-bore -- after fracturing his fibula in the Divisional Round against the 49ers. It seems likely the 26-year-old will be ready for training camp. Pollard is currently the unquestioned No. 1 on the Cowboys depth chart at running back, though competition will likely be added later unless we see a real groundswell of Malik Davis and Deuce Vaughn praise out of OTAs.
SOURCE: Calvin Watkins on Twitter
Jun 1, 2023, 3:22 PM ET

NFL Network’s Jane Slater reports, “Tony Pollard is expected to play on the $10.1 million franchise tag” for the Cowboys this season.

Despite earlier reports that Pollard and the Cowboys were still discussing a long-term deal, Slater reports “there’s wasn’t an extensive discussion about a long-term deal” when she asked how close the two sides were on an agreement. Pollard is one of three running backs who could play this season on the franchise tag, with Saquon Barkley and Josh Jacobs also in line to play on the tag if they’re unable to reach long-term agreements with their teams at the deadline.

86-101-130 and then he topped out at 193 carries last season?

And Dallas has upgraded their WRs, CD Lamb is set to break the single season catch record if you buy the hype and his 1st Rd grade
I'm a little reserved in my unbridled enthusiasm for Pollard.

Users who are viewing this thread