What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tyler Allgeier, ATL (1 Viewer)

bostonfred

Footballguy
He played his first NFL game against Aaron Donald. Forget the yards per carry, he got 10 carries. The Falcons do not want to have Cordarelle get 20 touches a game. Patterson had 10 rushes against the Rams too (for 41 yards if you're curious).

Allgeier has an opportunity to get half their rushing, maybe even more if he earns it. He's got the size and vision for goal line carries if he earns them.

The Falcons are 0-2 but they have been really competitive in games this year. I don't care about their record, i just care that they're not in hurry up passing mode from the third quarter on, and they aren't.

I'm higher on his talent than a lot of you seem to be, so take that with a grain of salt.

The General

Footballguy
CPat probably just getting vet rest but has missed 2 practices in a row.

This kid would be getting the bulk of the carries and has looked sort of ok, right?

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Not sure what to make of this situation.

Next couple weeks this offense runs into TB and SF. Ugh.

That said, if this guy is a starter or at least 1A he could jump to the #1 claim this week in 12+ team leagues.

squistion

Footballguy
With Cordarrelle Patterson going to IR (out at least 4 weeks) it looks like it is Allegeier chance to show us what he can do as the lead back.
Hard to say yet whether it will be him or a 2-way or 3-way committee with him, Huntley and/or Damien Williams (who is eligible to come back from IR).

Perhaps wishful thinking on my part as I own him in 8 of my 9 Dynasty Leagues. :-)

However, I acquired him based on his highlights reel, where he looked like lead RB material to me. We will see.

habsfan

Footballguy
I might leave these guys to my leaguemates while CPat is out. Almost zero involvement in the passing game for any backs and could be "TD roulette".

zamboni

Footballguy

That said, if this guy is a starter or at least 1A he could jump to the #1 claim this week in 12+ team leagues.
True, not the best matchups (on paper at least), but a potential starting RB - for perhaps the rest of the year even when Patterson returns - has a lot of value. I would throw a lot of FAAB in waivers if he were available.

kyoun1e

Footballguy

True, not the best matchups (on paper at least), but a potential starting RB - for perhaps the rest of the year even when Patterson returns - has a lot of value. I would throw a lot of FAAB in waivers if he were available.

What round was this guy drafted? He was touted prior to drafts, but I must say, not sure he's been passing my own personal eye test.

jobarules

Footballguy

What round was this guy drafted? He was touted prior to drafts, but I must say, not sure he's been passing my own personal eye test.
Hes nothing special but in the world of fantasy hes a warm body getting touches on a team that likes to run the ball which gives him value.

zamboni

Footballguy

5th, but especially in today's NFL, not sure you can make an assessment on RB talent based on draft position. Time has shown it's often a plug and play position and many guys can and have been late round draft picks, or not drafted at all.

squistion

Footballguy

For some reason he fell to the 5th round, despite an impressive highlight reel and his 2021 season stats at BYU of:
1601 rushing yards (and 2 back-to-back 1000 yard seasons)
23 rushing touchdowns
50 broken tackles

I think he did poorly at the combine, with a slow 40 time (I believe he is one of those players with game speed rather than straight line speed)

Edited to add:

Found his BYU highlight reel

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread