What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tyler Allgeier, ATL (2 Viewers)

He played his first NFL game against Aaron Donald. Forget the yards per carry, he got 10 carries. The Falcons do not want to have Cordarelle get 20 touches a game. Patterson had 10 rushes against the Rams too (for 41 yards if you're curious).

Allgeier has an opportunity to get half their rushing, maybe even more if he earns it. He's got the size and vision for goal line carries if he earns them.

The Falcons are 0-2 but they have been really competitive in games this year. I don't care about their record, i just care that they're not in hurry up passing mode from the third quarter on, and they aren't.

I'm higher on his talent than a lot of you seem to be, so take that with a grain of salt.

CPat probably just getting vet rest but has missed 2 practices in a row.

This kid would be getting the bulk of the carries and has looked sort of ok, right?

With Cordarrelle Patterson going to IR (out at least 4 weeks) it looks like it is Allegeier chance to show us what he can do as the lead back.

With Cordarrelle Patterson going to IR (out at least 4 weeks) it looks like it is Allegeier chance to show us what he can do as the lead back.
Hard to say yet whether it will be him or a 2-way or 3-way committee with him, Huntley and/or Damien Williams (who is eligible to come back from IR).

Not sure what to make of this situation.

Next couple weeks this offense runs into TB and SF. Ugh.

That said, if this guy is a starter or at least 1A he could jump to the #1 claim this week in 12+ team leagues.

Hard to say yet whether it will be him or a 2-way or 3-way committee with him, Huntley and/or Damien Williams (who is eligible to come back from IR).

Perhaps wishful thinking on my part as I own him in 8 of my 9 Dynasty Leagues. :-)

However, I acquired him based on his highlights reel, where he looked like lead RB material to me. We will see.

I might leave these guys to my leaguemates while CPat is out. Almost zero involvement in the passing game for any backs and could be "TD roulette".

That said, if this guy is a starter or at least 1A he could jump to the #1 claim this week in 12+ team leagues.
True, not the best matchups (on paper at least), but a potential starting RB - for perhaps the rest of the year even when Patterson returns - has a lot of value. I would throw a lot of FAAB in waivers if he were available.

True, not the best matchups (on paper at least), but a potential starting RB - for perhaps the rest of the year even when Patterson returns - has a lot of value. I would throw a lot of FAAB in waivers if he were available.

What round was this guy drafted? He was touted prior to drafts, but I must say, not sure he's been passing my own personal eye test.

What round was this guy drafted? He was touted prior to drafts, but I must say, not sure he's been passing my own personal eye test.
Hes nothing special but in the world of fantasy hes a warm body getting touches on a team that likes to run the ball which gives him value.

5th, but especially in today's NFL, not sure you can make an assessment on RB talent based on draft position. Time has shown it's often a plug and play position and many guys can and have been late round draft picks, or not drafted at all.

For some reason he fell to the 5th round, despite an impressive highlight reel and his 2021 season stats at BYU of:
1601 rushing yards (and 2 back-to-back 1000 yard seasons)
23 rushing touchdowns
50 broken tackles

I think he did poorly at the combine, with a slow 40 time (I believe he is one of those players with game speed rather than straight line speed)

Edited to add:

Found his BYU highlight reel

Last edited:

Tyler Allgeier rushed 15 times for 51 yards in the Falcons' Week 6 win over the 49ers.

Allgeier led the backfield with a 57% snap share with Caleb Huntley at 34%. However, Huntley led the backfield with 16 attempts for 59 rushing yards. Allgeier's snap lead should give him an edge if the Falcons are forced to pass more in future weeks. That could be the case against the Bengals in Week 7, after the Bengals opened their offense up a bit against the Saints.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Tyler Allgeier rushed 16 times for 50 yards and a touchdown in the Falcons' Week 7 loss to the Bengals.

Allgeier was not targeted in the passing game, which isn't much of a surprise since Marcus Mariota attempted only 13 passes. It's a miracle Allgeier saw the run-game volume he did with the Falcons falling behind 21-0 in the opening seconds of the second quarter. Thankfully for those who took the RB3 plunge, the Falcons are one of those rare offenses that remain committed to the run no matter the game situation. Nowhere was that more vividly illustrated on Sunday than when Allgeier capped off a 16-play, 10:09 drive with a one-yard score in the second quarter. Allgeier ceded a modest six carries to Caleb Huntley and would have seen more work if not for the Falcons' comically-low play volume. Get ready for a Week 8 rock fight with the Panthers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

We've missed a couple updates since the last post in this thread

85 total yards and a touchdown while getting outrushed by Huntley

123 total yards despite Patterson being back and Huntley getting 7 rushes

Allgeier seems to have established himself as a big part of one of the most run heavy offenses in the NFL, a team which is currently in the lead in the NFC south.

He's got 4 catches for 70 yards and a touchdown in his last 2 games.

He could easily get replaced especially if the Falcons pounce on Bijan. But he might just be good.

Tyler Allgeier rushed 10 times for 99 yards and caught a pass for 25 yards in the Falcons' Week 9 loss to the Chargers.

Allgeier started his day with a 44-yard carry to get the Falcons in the red zone. Cordarrelle Patterson ultimately scored on the drive and found the end zone again later in the day. He out-carried Allgeier 13-10. Allgeier has proven to be a capable playmaker for the Falcons but is stuck behind Patterson on the depth chart. Atlanta's run-first approach could keep him in the RB4 [RB3?] conversation for Week 10.
- NBCSportsEDGE

Tyler Allgeier rushed eight times for 20 yards in the Falcons' Week 10 loss to the Panthers, "adding" three receptions for -17 yards.​

That second number is not a typo. Allgeier's "longest" reception went for -5 yards. Stupefying. The rookie did out-snap and out-touch Cordarrelle Patterson in C-Patt's second game back from injured reserve, but both were out-gained by each of Caleb Huntley, Avery Williams and Marcus Mariota on the ground. It was a fluke with Allgeier and Patterson winning the snap battle. Despite tonight's awful statline, Allgeier will remain in the low-end RB3 mix for Week 11 against the Bears' struggling defense.
Nov 11, 2022, 12:04 AM ET

I have to say I quite like him. Got him stashed in a few dynasty leagues. He’s actually got a bit more burst on him than I thought, and he has the strength to do the tough running. Would be great to see him push on from this performance and finish the season strongly

Looking ahead 2 weeks when many leagues have their Championship, the Falcons are playing Arizona. Allgeier may be a good early pickup this week as a wait and see if you are thin at RB/Flex.

He’s in my consolation bracket starting line up this coming week because a) my team stinks, hence being in the consolation bracket and b) because I didn’t start him this past weekend where he would’ve put me in contention for a 1st thru 4th pick instead of the 5th or 6th pick.
hoping he’s part of my dynasty rebuild (along with Walker and Olave) from my 2022 draft. 🤞

Is it just me, or is this guy's last name clearly of Germanic origin, and pronounced [ALL guy er]? Haven't heard anyone on TV call him anything other than [al JEER] as if it had to do with the capital of Algeria. Granted, I know this is English, so words from other languages (or even native words) can change pronunciation on the whim of the people. But really. "Algier"?

Is it just me, or is this guy's last name clearly of Germanic origin, and pronounced [ALL guy er]? Haven't heard anyone on TV call him anything other than [al JEER] as if it had to do with the capital of Algeria. Granted, I know this is English, so words from other languages (or even native words) can change pronunciation on the whim of the people. But really. "Algier"?

I've always heard All-guy-er

I drafted him as a flyer but traded him week 10 for Etienne...guess who's been better down the stretch?

210 - 1035 yds- 4.9 ave - 3 TDs - 16 rec - 139yds - 1TD

Only rookie RB to get 1k yards

Atlanta have a lot of other needs. Something to be said for a durable tank with quick enough feet who seems like he always gets a few extra yards.

Welp, this dynasty pick just went into the toilet. Sigh.
Between Michael Carter last year and Allgier this year--we've seen these guys with late round draft capital aren't safe long term assets.

I have no idea what his going price was, but unless they're offering pennies on the dollar--I think you've got to strike when the iron is hot and sell high on these guys.

Thankfully only 1 share. He's now worthless on my bench in a PPR dynasty league. What should I ask for from the Bijan owner once that is known?

I understand to owners it's a bummer of a landing spot for Bijan. But I don't really get the worthless argument. Or that much was even lost when considering initial investment. Even if you were hyped on him you couldn't have taken him much earlier than late 2nd round in rookie drafts. ADP where most people got him was in the mid-3rd. He was going around Zamir White, TDP, Brian Robinson, Jalen Tolbert, Khalil Shakir, Romeo Doubs... I mean are any of them worth more than Allgeier even after this draft pick? He has a 1000k yard season under his belt as a rookie, on a team that was the 3rd ranked rushing team in the league this year that just spent 1.08 on another RB; so I think they are pretty committed to staying a run first, run often team. Unless you just traded for him in the last few months, you're still over your initial investment value on him.

On top of that, and this is obvious projection, but CPatt is 32 years old, injury prone, and it's hard not to look at 2021 like the outlier in an otherwise meh career at RB. I foresee him being the odd man out in this backfield. Splits are yet to be seen, and Bijan is certainly capable of being an every down back; but what's the likelihood that the team with 560 rushing attempts last season doesn't have a sizable share of those going to Allgeier. He certainly won't be putting up 15 pts. every week, but I don't think it's crazy to think there will be a workload worthy of bye week fill-ins and occasional flex plays. And lastly, no bad wishes to Robinson, but Allgeier is literally one injury away from a starting RB role on this offense and what I'd safely say would be a floor of high end RB2 numbers.

I wouldn't be selling for pennies on the dollar, let alone thinking he's a waste of a roster spot right now. At least not until we see what the carry splits look like. It's not like he's an unproven no name backup. Nor did he put up numbers last year just through pure usage and being the only guy there. He avg 4.9ypc, led rookies in RYOE, only rookie RB to have a positive rushing EPA and positive EPA per carry, dominated in the red zone, took the job away from Patterson even once he returned from injury, and showed big play ability with multiple long runs despite meh speed.

I understand to owners it's a bummer of a landing spot for Bijan. But I don't really get the worthless argument. Or that much was even lost when considering initial investment. Even if you were hyped on him you couldn't have taken him much earlier than late 2nd round in rookie drafts. ADP where most people got him was in the mid-3rd. He was going around Zamir White, TDP, Brian Robinson, Jalen Tolbert, Khalil Shakir, Romeo Doubs... I mean are any of them worth more than Allgeier even after this draft pick? He has a 1000k yard season under his belt as a rookie, on a team that was the 3rd ranked rushing team in the league this year that just spent 1.08 on another RB; so I think they are pretty committed to staying a run first, run often team. Unless you just traded for him in the last few months, you're still over your initial investment value on him.

On top of that, and this is obvious projection, but CPatt is 32 years old, injury prone, and it's hard not to look at 2021 like the outlier in an otherwise meh career at RB. I foresee him being the odd man out in this backfield. Splits are yet to be seen, and Bijan is certainly capable of being an every down back; but what's the likelihood that the team with 560 rushing attempts last season doesn't have a sizable share of those going to Allgeier. He certainly won't be putting up 15 pts. every week, but I don't think it's crazy to think there will be a workload worthy of bye week fill-ins and occasional flex plays. And lastly, no bad wishes to Robinson, but Allgeier is literally one injury away from a starting RB role on this offense and what I'd safely say would be a floor of high end RB2 numbers.

I wouldn't be selling for pennies on the dollar, let alone thinking he's a waste of a roster spot right now. At least not until we see what the carry splits look like. It's not like he's an unproven no name backup. Nor did he put up numbers last year just through pure usage and being the only guy there. He avg 4.9ypc, led rookies in RYOE, only rookie RB to have a positive rushing EPA and positive EPA per carry, dominated in the red zone, took the job away from Patterson even once he returned from injury, and showed big play ability with multiple long runs despite meh speed.
In a dynasty league what is his draft pick value now?

In a dynasty league what is his draft pick value now?
This is a bad and obvious cop-out answer, but I'd guess it's in heavy limbo right now. Probably not a lot of consensus among 3 main groups. Owners who feel like I stated above, owners in prime panic mode, and non-owners who are putting together their best "hey this guy is trash let me buy him from you for nothing, I'll be doing you a favor" trade proposals together lol. I believe he was hovering around RB20 in March with the concern of them drafting/adding a FA RB baked into that rank. It most definitely has fallen from there. But I'd personally still have him in the RB3 grouping somewhere from 25-36. But seeing as I don't think I could sell him for those prices, for me he's just a hold.

Gun to my head, for actual pick value, if I wasn't an owner I'd be hitting them up seeing if a future 3rd could buy him for me. As an owner, not that I'd expect to get it, I don't think I'd sell for less than a future 2nd, and really question if a late 2nd would move the needle for me (probably in SF leagues). In this years draft I'd only sell him on the clock if a guy I like is falling to that range (for me someone like Roschon/Spears would be an auto sell). Again, I understand that's not likely to happen though. It's certainly a buyers market on him with Bijan landing there. I just have seen way too many seasons in dynasty where mid season waivers are empty and starters are injured and a proven guy like Allgeier on a great running team like he is, even on the low end of split touches, is worth much more than what he is right now. And a Bijan injury could make him a league winner.

I was able to flip James Robinson to the R.Stevenson owner for Allgeier (I have the 1.1).

Whoa. You have to wonder what some people are thinking at times. But I guess a handcuff swap isn't the biggest news ever. It's just that they're already leaving Robinson off the Patriots projected roster.

He's still listed as #2 on their depth chart and taking snaps with all the others. Where are you getting that info?

I think the Patriots beat writer for The Athletic (Chad Graff) projected the fifty-five man roster and Robinson wasn't on it.

Actually, that's exactly who it was and what he said. Now, that's all speculation and you can put as much stock in it as you'd like, but these guys are generally good at what they're projecting, so it behooves one to note that when trying to suss out value so early in the year.

It's just that they're already leaving Robinson off the Patriots projected roster.
He's still listed as #2 on their depth chart and taking snaps with all the others. Where are you getting that info?

I think the Patriots beat writer for The Athletic (Chad Graff) projected the fifty-five man roster and Robinson wasn't on it.

Actually, that's exactly who it was and what he said. Now, that's all speculation and you can put as much stock in it as you'd like, but these guys are generally good at what they're projecting, so it behooves one to note that when trying to suss out value so early in the year.
I'd be shocked. James Robinson is a professional RB, exactly what BB loves. Unless he looks like arse then I don't see him going anywhere

Users who are viewing this thread