What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RBBC In Houston? (1 Viewer)

Floyd The Barber

Footballguy
-- Texans RB Plans --Mon Aug 2, 2004 --from FFMastermind.comThe Houston Chronicle reports Texans RB Tony Hollings was the NCAA's leading rusher after four games in 2002 before an ACL injury ended his season at Georgia Tech. He is a backup for the purposes of depth charts. The Texans, however, consider him a playmaker. "We'd like to run the ball 30 times a game," OC Chris Palmer said. "We're going to have to split the load, and that's where Hollings is going to get his work. We're looking for Domanick to touch the ball 15, 18, 20 times a game, and we'd like to give Hollings 12 to 15 touches. "Our goal is to throw it 35 times and run it 30 times for 65 plays a game. We know that we need two good running backs to be successful throughout the year. The big thing we have to do as an offense is stay on the field. If we stay on the field, more guys will get more touches." This smells like off-season "coachspeak" to me, but I thought it deserved posting anyway.Cheers! :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

i believe alot of that article and I also believe Dominack wont be able to handle the load.....wheather due to injury or not! One hit wonder...happens all the time.....if your smart stay away from him.

i believe alot of that article and I also believe Dominack wont be able to handle the load.....wheather due to injury or not! One hit wonder...happens all the time.....if your smart stay away from him.
Domanick Davis' per game rushing stats from last season, week 7 on:
Code:
| WK  OPP  |  RSH   YD   |  RECYD | TD ||  7  nyj  |   27   129  |    70  |  0 ||  8  ind  |   25   109  |    27  |  2 ||  9  car  |   12    74  |    -3  |  0 || 10  cin  |   15   104  |    11  |  1 || 11  buf  |   26    68  |    33  |  0 || 12  nwe  |   24    69  |     6  |  0 || 13  atl  |   24   101  |    27  |  2 || 15  tam  |   16    56  |     2  |  0 || 16  ten  |   14    51  |     9  |  1 || 17  ind  |   20    99  |    35  |  2 |
He averaged almost 3.5 receptions per game over that stretch. I'd say he's capable of touching the ball 20 times per game, and then some.BTW, if it "happens all the time", name 3 other RBs who rushed for over 1,000 yards in their rookie seasons & never did it again. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
| WK  OPP  |  RSH   YD   |  RECYD | TD ||  7  nyj  |   27   129  |    70  |  0 ||  8  ind  |   25   109  |    27  |  2 ||  9  car  |   12    74  |    -3  |  0 || 10  cin  |   15   104  |    11  |  1 || 11  buf  |   26    68  |    33  |  0 || 12  nwe  |   24    69  |     6  |  0 || 13  atl  |   24   101  |    27  |  2 || 15  tam  |   16    56  |     2  |  0 || 16  ten  |   14    51  |     9  |  1 || 17  ind  |   20    99  |    35  |  2 |
He averaged almost 3.5 receptions per game over that stretch. I'd say he's capable of touching the ball 20 times per game, and then some.BTW, if it "happens all the time", name 3 other RBs who rushed for over 1,000 yards in their rookie seasons & never did it again. :P
:goodposting:

Code:
| WK  OPP  |  RSH   YD   |  RECYD | TD ||  7  nyj  |   27   129  |    70  |  0 ||  8  ind  |   25   109  |    27  |  2 ||  9  car  |   12    74  |    -3  |  0 || 10  cin  |   15   104  |    11  |  1 || 11  buf  |   26    68  |    33  |  0 || 12  nwe  |   24    69  |     6  |  0 || 13  atl  |   24   101  |    27  |  2 || 15  tam  |   16    56  |     2  |  0 || 16  ten  |   14    51  |     9  |  1 || 17  ind  |   20    99  |    35  |  2 |
Here's 4 off the top of my head: Rashaan Salaam, Karim Abdul-Jabbar, Olandis Gary, and Mike Anderson. What do I win?For more extra credit Dominic Rhodes fits that as well, although there is at least an outside chance he might come back and do it again, especially if/when james is gone next year.

Here's 4 off the top of my head: Rashaan Salaam, Karim Abdul-Jabbar, Olandis Gary, and Mike Anderson. What do I win?For more extra credit Dominic Rhodes fits that as well, although there is at least an outside chance he might come back and do it again, especially if/when james is gone next year.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Awesome. Beat me to it on a few of those.Anyway, we can call it coach speak all we want, but Dom Davis is unlikely to run the ball 30 times a game on his own. That would be 480 carries....eessh. I can see a situation where Davis is getting 60% of the carries and Hollings getting 40%, which is about the ratio they were mentioning in that article. While many people want to discount Hollings because they liked what they saw in Davis, and some people want to call me biased because I thought Hollings would win the job last year, it would be foolish to think that Hollings is going to be shown to the bench without EVER getting a chance to run the ball. If the team uses both guys a bit, they would likely be much better off than using Davis only. Very few runners in this league can carry the load without at least a little help. COlin

I love the dualism around.."Dom Davis is the man in houston, and Willie Green is the man in Cleveland"for opposite reasons... the texans used a good pick on hollings, and want/NEED to see what they got, just like Cleveland pays dues to the Willie Green pickOR, is DOm Davis the man for performing, and Suggs should be the lead, for his late season performance... i know there are differences, but the root of the argument is the same :football:

Another point to consider. When Houston took Hollings in the supplemental draft they were drafting thier RB of the future. Davis came on last year and and threw a nice monkey wrench in on the plan, but Hollings is still the bigger, faster back with more of a feature back pedigree.I personally see Hollings getting a bit too much action for Davis to justify his draft position.

This is pure coach speak at this point - Hermie always talks about giving Lamont Jordan 10-12 carries per game and in reality he averages 3-5 carries. If Davis performs as he has been look for Hollings to get spot duty and nothing more. I'll believe the threat from Hollings when I see him tear up a regular season NFL field and not his knee. If anything, this may cause DD to drop a bit in the draft thus making him much more valuable to you snake drafters. IMO DD will be a decent #1 RB and great #2. One has performed the other has potential - Bill Parcells had a quote that he would always go with the guy who has performed cause "potential" means the guy has not done anything yet.

Code:
| WK  OPP  |  RSH   YD   |  RECYD | TD ||  7  nyj  |   27   129  |    70  |  0 ||  8  ind  |   25   109  |    27  |  2 ||  9  car  |   12    74  |    -3  |  0 || 10  cin  |   15   104  |    11  |  1 || 11  buf  |   26    68  |    33  |  0 || 12  nwe  |   24    69  |     6  |  0 || 13  atl  |   24   101  |    27  |  2 || 15  tam  |   16    56  |     2  |  0 || 16  ten  |   14    51  |     9  |  1 || 17  ind  |   20    99  |    35  |  2 |
And even if he isn't a "one hit wonder", there is also a good chance he won't live up to the expectations many have for him on this board.Part time breakout success often doesn't scale up as expected. See Dillon, Alexander, Ahman Green, and Lewis for examples, and those are just the guys that disappointed without missing substantial time. Others who didn't live up but missed more time include Holmes, Portis, Anthony Thomas, and that's just off the top of my head.

Beautiful, just lets DD fall further into the 2nd round. Keep the coachspeak coming :thumbup:
I'm here to please."He has the ability to go all the way when he touches the ball. Obviously, that's a guy you want to get some touches."-OC Chris Palmer

That's impossible. I've read too many posts that say Hollings is no threat to DD's touches.
Are you being sarcastic?How many of those posts were from the O-Coordinator??

Code:
| WK  OPP  |  RSH   YD   |  RECYD | TD ||  7  nyj  |   27   129  |    70  |  0 ||  8  ind  |   25   109  |    27  |  2 ||  9  car  |   12    74  |    -3  |  0 || 10  cin  |   15   104  |    11  |  1 || 11  buf  |   26    68  |    33  |  0 || 12  nwe  |   24    69  |     6  |  0 || 13  atl  |   24   101  |    27  |  2 || 15  tam  |   16    56  |     2  |  0 || 16  ten  |   14    51  |     9  |  1 || 17  ind  |   20    99  |    35  |  2 |
And even if he isn't a "one hit wonder", there is also a good chance he won't live up to the expectations many have for him on this board.Part time breakout success often doesn't scale up as expected. See Dillon, Alexander, Ahman Green, and Lewis for examples, and those are just the guys that disappointed without missing substantial time. Others who didn't live up but missed more time include Holmes, Portis, Anthony Thomas, and that's just off the top of my head.

Just want to make sure no one misses this.

-- Texans RB Plans --

Mon Aug 2, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

The Houston Chronicle reports Texans RB Tony Hollings was the NCAA's leading rusher after four games in 2002 before an ACL injury ended his season at Georgia Tech. He is a backup for the purposes of depth charts. The Texans, however, consider him a playmaker. "We'd like to run the ball 30 times a game," OC Chris Palmer said. "We're going to have to split the load, and that's where Hollings is going to get his work. We're looking for Domanick to touch the ball 15, 18, 20 times a game, and we'd like to give Hollings 12 to 15 touches. "Our goal is to throw it 35 times and run it 30 times for 65 plays a game. We know that we need two good running backs to be successful throughout the year. The big thing we have to do as an offense is stay on the field. If we stay on the field, more guys will get more touches."

Quite possibly another team is inquiring about a trade and they're raising his value by claiming to have plans for him to do something other than basically sub for Domanick.Aside from Shipp and Anderson accepting a FB role, it's quite rare that you bench an up N coming star RB.

Can we someone please varify this for me?Hollings played safety for two season before being moved to tailback. Gailey placed him in the offensive backfield and he played 4 games at tailback. He compiled 649 rushing yards; 92 receiving yards and scored 11 times before being dismissed for academic and health, torn ACL, reasons.Is that the body of his work as a tailback, while back for the ramblin' wreck?Admittedly, his career numbers are impressive. However, based an what I could find, he only played 4 games at the position. He has a completely rebuilt knee.I am not a DDavis owner nor am I knocking Hollings. I am just seeking to understand how so many people are high on a guy, Hollings, that had 4 good games, while playing college football, in 02. Without mentioning Davis' diminutive stature, which is debatable; Davis career at LSU where he shared time with Toefield; and the fact the Texans used a supplemental pick on Hollings, can someone refute the historical evidence and lack of experience working against Hollings?Again, this is not a wise ### reply or something intended to be mean spirited. I am just very curious as to why a player like Hollings is generating so much hype.Yes, I have read all the stories and heard plenty on the radio, as I live in south Texas. Let me see what it is I might be missing.

Hollings played safety for two season before being moved to tailback. Gailey placed him in the offensive backfield and he played 4 games at tailback. He compiled 649 rushing yards; 92 receiving yards and scored 11 times before being dismissed for academic and health, torn ACL, reasons.
Again, this is not a wise ### reply or something intended to be mean spirited. I am just very curious as to why a player like Hollings is generating so much hype.
I saw the better part of two of these games. "Seeing" him run was/is even more convincing than his ridiculous numbers. He had plenty of burst, vision to the hole, and his open-field moves were top-notch. Has he recovered? Who knows, but to watch him run then certainly said a lot about what he MIGHT be able to do.Colin

Quite possibly another team is inquiring about a trade and they're raising his value by claiming to have plans for him to do something other than basically sub for Domanick.Aside from Shipp and Anderson accepting a FB role, it's quite rare that you bench an up N coming star RB.
Let the Hollings for O-Gun rumors start flying! ;)

I saw the better part of two of these games.  "Seeing" him run was/is even more convincing than his ridiculous numbers.  He had plenty of burst, vision to the hole, and his open-field moves were top-notch.  Has he recovered?  Who knows, but to watch him run then certainly said a lot about what he MIGHT be able to do.Colin
Not to take a shot here, but exactly which NFL team do you scout for? We see that all the time in the college ranks. I saw Jacoby Shepheard look like a stud in the single season he played at Corner in college. In the NFL he fell flat on his face and was out of the league after a couple of years. Great burst/vision/stamina/etc in college doesn't necessarily translate to the Pros. Take for example DD, who supposedly had none of that yet notched 1K in 10 games. At this point, I don't know what to think about these guys. I read that article, but I also know that most coached have no idea how to tell the truth, particularly at this time of the year. That line will motivate both DD and Hollings. Until I see it differently in the regular season, I chalk this blurb up to a motivational technique used by the coaches to light a fire under both of these guys. And we won't know the truth until the start of the season because we all know these guys are going to split time in camp and preseason games if anything to see what exactly Hollings is capable of. So the DDavis and Hollings is a case of buyer beware. I for one will look at the numbers from last year and assume that DDavis has earned the job and will have to falter to even lose as many carries as they mentioned in this blurb before I drop him down my draft board based on a motivational speech given to a reporter.

Not to take a shot here, but exactly which NFL team do you scout for?
That is "taking a shot" even if you didn't mean to. A question was asked, and I answered it. This is a fantasy football board, and thus its a place to offer advice and share information. Some people (including you, apparently) have not seen Tony Hollings play Running Back at any level. I have seen Tony Hollings play. I have seen exactly why a team in the NFL spent a 2nd round pick on him. I have seen the reasons that some people think Tony Hollings can and will be a quality running back in the NFL. I feel like that information is worth sharing, even if my paycheck isn't signed by an NFL team.Colin

My guess is this would be a situation similar to Buffalo. Hollings will get some touches to the tune of 5-10 per game with Davis being the featured back at 18-20 touches per game. The wildcard in this is game flow. If Houston is playing catch up then the mix and ratio will change. If they are in games heading into the 4th qtr then the ratios will be more more like I stated. I would think Davis as the closer RB and Hollings more involved if playing from behind.

So the DDavis and Hollings is a case of buyer beware. I for one will look at the numbers from last year and assume that DDavis has earned the job and will have to falter to even lose as many carries as they mentioned in this blurb before I drop him down my draft board based on a motivational speech given to a reporter.
Exactly..."buyer beware" = DD Too Risky in the Late 1st/Early 2nd

That's impossible. I've read too many posts that say Hollings is no threat to DD's touches.
Are you being sarcastic?How many of those posts were from the O-Coordinator??
Yes, quite sarcastic. I'm not anti-DD (actually rode him to a redraft championship last season), but I have been chastised by a few posters when I've pointed out that Houston would likely make efforts to decide if Hollings was to be part of this team's future, and therefore potentially would steal touches.

This is pure coach speak at this point - Hermie always talks about giving Lamont Jordan 10-12 carries per game and in reality he averages 3-5 carries. If Davis performs as he has been look for Hollings to get spot duty and nothing more. I'll believe the threat from Hollings when I see him tear up a regular season NFL field and not his knee. If anything, this may cause DD to drop a bit in the draft thus making him much more valuable to you snake drafters. IMO DD will be a decent #1 RB and great #2. One has performed the other has potential - Bill Parcells had a quote that he would always go with the guy who has performed cause "potential" means the guy has not done anything yet.
I think the comparison between Davis & Martin is ridiculous. Davis does not have the body of work that Martin has. Davis has 1/2 a season and you want to compare him to a HOFer like Martin.Hollings has a much better chance of getting some playing time than Jordan has for the past 2 seasons. What he will do with it I have no idea.

If Houston is playing catch up then the mix and ratio will change. If they are in games heading into the 4th qtr then the ratios will be more more like I stated. I would think Davis as the closer RB and Hollings more involved if playing from behind.
I agree that the split will change game by game but I would figure Holly to get more touches in closing (unless he fumbles it away in early games) killing clock, etc. while Dom to be in for catchup for more pass catching ability.Either way I see it to start the year as a 60/40 to 70/30 split for Dom. The key factor is if the coaches start to gain trust in Holly in short yardage situations. That would suck for Dom fans.

I was thinking the exact same thing.My take on this is exactly what the OC says - they are going to run the heck out of the ball, and they will pass 35 times a game, thus leaving a big pie to be divided between Hollings and Davis for both rushes and catches out of the backfield.The actual numbers are coach-speak - whenever a coach talks numbers prior to training camp, just let a little light pop on about Tice's "Randy Ratio" or Del Rio stating last year he wanted Fred T to touch the ball 30 times a game.The concept is important, the actual numbers are not. The Texans will run the ball a lot - if the run is effective, they will run more than 30 times a game. They will also spell Davis with Hollings, but I don't think he was stating assuredly that it woudl be RBBC. Finally, spelling DD with Hollings - even to the tune of 10 carries a game - does not automatically equate to DD not being able to put up RB1 numbers, or not being worth a selection at the turn at the bottom of the first round in 10 and 12-team leagues, or a late first round sleection in 14 team leagues and higher.

I would figure Holly to get more touches in closing (unless he fumbles it away in early games) killing clock, etc.
The scary part about that is if your league rewards 100 yard rushing days, or you only get points once a back hitsthat number, DD's value decreases - he won;t be getting those garbage time carries.Of course, how often do we see Houston in a "kill clock" situation this year where they can afford to run the ball every play? I see Houstong using bvoth backs all game long almost every single game since I don't think this is a team that can often build a 10+ point lead heading into the last 5 minutes of games.

Finally, spelling DD with Hollings - even to the tune of 10 carries a game - does not automatically equate to DD not being able to put up RB1 numbers, or not being worth a selection at the turn at the bottom of the first round in 10 and 12-team leagues, or a late first round sleection in 14 team leagues and higher.
You're riding the fence Marc...is DD's ADP too high? Yes or No.

Finally, spelling DD with Hollings - even to the tune of 10 carries a game - does not automatically equate to DD not being able to put up RB1 numbers, or not being worth a selection at the turn at the bottom of the first round in 10 and 12-team leagues, or a late first round sleection in 14 team leagues and higher.
No. And my JOB is to ride the fence - temper my optimism about a player with a realistic, and conservative, view of his fantasy prospects That said, I have realistic expectations for a 320 carry/45 catch season from DD, even if Hollings touches the ball 10 times a game.

No. And my JOB is to ride the fence - temper my optimism about a player with a realistic, and conservative, view of his fantasy prospects That said, I have realistic expectations for a 320 carry/45 catch season from DD, even if Hollings touches the ball 10 times a game.
Everybody's job is to consider the pros and cons of each player and then come to a conclusion on relative draft value...isn't it?

Everybody's job is to consider the pros and cons of each player and then come to a conclusion on relative draft value...isn't it?
You said what I said with different words. Wrong side of the bed today LHUCKS?

You said what I said with different words. Wrong side of the bed today LHUCKS?
Am I coming off grouchy? Not my intention...I'm just very direct at times and I admittedly need to come off a little less argumentative...law school ####s you up.

I'll say it: He's overvalued and his ADP is too high. He's getting drafted ahead of Corey DIllon, Travis HEnry, Michael Bennett, Tiki Barber, and Curtis Martin. All of those guys should have better years then Davis. COlin

I'll say it: He's overvalued and his ADP is too high. He's getting drafted ahead of Corey DIllon, Travis HEnry, Michael Bennett, Tiki Barber, and Curtis Martin. All of those guys should have better years then Davis. COlin
Not Curtis Martin, and I have my doubts about Barber, but I do agree with the rest.

-- Texans RB Plans --...Our goal is to throw it 35 times and run it 30 times for 65 plays a game...
That is a lofty goal, but I wouldn't be so sure they will achieve it. To reach this goal would mean Houston will attempt 560 passes and 480 rushes. Last season, they attempted 438 passes and 421 rushes. That is a 21% overall increase in offensive plays.Furthermore, last season the Houston RBs collectively had 374 carries and 67 receptions. In order for Davis to achieve 350+ touches, those numbers will have to go up significantly.

Henry is the only guy I would touch before DD. He doesn't NEED 320 carries to justify his draft postion. He finished #14 last year (1 pt. per reception) with only 238 carries.

I think eventually (maybe not this year), Dom Davis becomes the 3rd down back and Hollings gets the 1st and 2nd down duties. :bag:

I'll say it: He's overvalued and his ADP is too high. He's getting drafted ahead of Corey DIllon, Travis HEnry, Michael Bennett, Tiki Barber, and Curtis Martin. All of those guys should have better years then Davis.

COlin
I'd love to bet you that Davis outperforms at least 2 of those guys. Do you really think all of those guys will outperform him??? I don't.(1) C Dillon - Dillon has averaged 4.0 YPC over the past 3 years. Assuming he gets 300 carries in New England this year (a very generous estimate -- and assuming Faulk is virtually eliminated from the offense), that gives Dillon 1200 rushing yards. I see that as a high for him. The Patriots have averaged just 11 TEAM rushing TDs over the last 3 years. I would say 9 or 10 is a high on TDs for Dillon.

Compare these numbers to Davis ==> Davis rushed for 1031 yards and 8 TDs last season in ONLY 10 starts! Hell he only needs 170 more yards and 1-2 TDs to tie what I see as Dillon's ceiling!

Oh yeah, I didn't mention receiving out of the backfield. We don't really need to compare these two as receivers out of the backfield do we??

(2) T Henry - I am a big fan of Henrys and am not about to claim that Davis is a more talented back (yet). That being said, Davis only needs 100 total yards and 3 more TDs to match what Henry did last year in a full season. Much stranger things have happened.

(3) M Bennett - Coming off of a major injury in 2002 and only got 90 carries last year, it's hard to say exactly what you have in Bennett. I will say that the most rushing TDs he has EVER scored in a season in the NFL is 5. He scored only 5 times on 255 carries in 2002. Maybe that's because the Vikes go to another RB inside the 10, but as far as I've heard those "other RBs" are still on the roster.

I'll put it this way: I think far more people in the FF world would be surprised if Houston ended up in RBBC this year than would be if Minnesota did (maybe that should be a poll).

(4) T Barber - Crummy O-line, shaky QB situation, and talk of R Dayne competing for carries (I mean come on -- if you can't even keep R Dayne off your heels, how good can you really be ;) ) add up to a down year for Barber IMO

(5) C Martin- Ahh, the always-underrated Martin. I think Martin will get his 1,000 yards this season. He's probably good for 12-1300. The only problem is, SO SHOULD DAVIS! He damn near got that last year and didn't get the starting nod until 1/2 way through the season. Martin's 2 TDs last year was just pathetic.

All of those guys have every bit as many ?'s surrounding them as Davis does. Davis is much younger than any of them and, IMO, has far more value in keeper leagues, and in redraft leagues should have at least as much value as any of the RBs you mention.

hollings was drafted to be a game-breaker, and the texans will give him that chance - he wont be just a 3-5 carry-a-game guy. remember that he had 4.45 speed pre-injury and showed incredible ability to make that one cut to bust it outside in his short college career. this is perfect for the texans as a contrast to dom davis's bruising between-the-tackles style. the whole point of the hollings pick was that he could turn into an elite NFL feature back with his tools and natural ability - there's no way the texans will not give him a considerable chance to show those skills, short of dom davis turning into earl campbell.

Another point to consider. When Houston took Hollings in the supplemental draft they were drafting thier RB of the future. Davis came on last year and and threw a nice monkey wrench in on the plan, but Hollings is still the bigger, faster back with more of a feature back pedigree.I personally see Hollings getting a bit too much action for Davis to justify his draft position.
(Not that I'm saying DD is Terrell Davis) but I'm pretty sure that if Hollings had been on the team with 6th round TD we would be laughing our arses off if people said that Hollings was taking TD's job just because he was picked to be the "franchise back" and had better measurables.The plain point of fact is that DD got it done. Many more highly rated guys than Hollings fall by the wayside so I don't think it would be a huge shock if Hollings did the same.

law school ####s you up.
That's why I got ###ed up in law school.Yes, LHUCKS, it took me quite a while to realize people don't like being disagreed with, even though I'm always right and can tell them how to do it better. :D

I was thinking the exact same thing.My take on this is exactly what the OC says - they are going to run the heck out of the ball, and they will pass 35 times a game, thus leaving a big pie to be divided between Hollings and Davis for both rushes and catches out of the backfield.The actual numbers are coach-speak - whenever a coach talks numbers prior to training camp, just let a little light pop on about Tice's "Randy Ratio" or Del Rio stating last year he wanted Fred T to touch the ball 30 times a game.The concept is important, the actual numbers are not. The Texans will run the ball a lot - if the run is effective, they will run more than 30 times a game. They will also spell Davis with Hollings, but I don't think he was stating assuredly that it woudl be RBBC. Finally, spelling DD with Hollings - even to the tune of 10 carries a game - does not automatically equate to DD not being able to put up RB1 numbers, or not being worth a selection at the turn at the bottom of the first round in 10 and 12-team leagues, or a late first round sleection in 14 team leagues and higher.
What does O-Gun mean?

What does O-Gun mean?
Adewale Ogunleye. O-Gun.

hollings was drafted to be a game-breaker, and the texans will give him that chance - he wont be just a 3-5 carry-a-game guy.
Wasn't Hollings taken before DDavis got his shot? They selected him and then DDavis took off. I mean Trent Green was signed to be the guy in St. Louis and then blew the knee and out of no where Warner gets it done and stays in the gig after Green departs for greener pastures. I'm not saying that DDavis put up Warner-type numbers at RB last year, but he got the job done. Sometimes a Premium player just falls into your lap out of circumstance. DDavis did just that for the Texans. Physically, it looks like Hollings should be the starter and DDavis the COP guy. But DDavis performed well and Hollings hasn't shown anyone anything in the Pros that warrant this much hype. 4 games in college and a handful of carries in the NFL does not equate to bouncing a 1K rusher (in 10 games) out of a job. Could it happen? Sure, but I think injuries would have to play a role and we all know it's impossible to predict injuries particularly in an NFL where Fred Taylor starts 32 straight regular season games....I will say it again, that blurb about Hollings getting carries is just a tool to motivate the 2 players. That's it. It will have no bearing on what happens during the regular season.

Users who are viewing this thread