What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rebuild taking place, where to go with this team (1 Viewer)

steelcityman

Footballguy
12 team PPR:

Q:  Herbert, M Jones, Love
R:  Montgomery, Jv Williams, Barkley, Penny, Scott
W:  Renfrow, Claypool, Toney, Juju, Rd Moore, DPJ, Gallup(inj), OBJ(inj), N Collins
T:  Fant, I Smith, B Jordan(not sure Smith or Jordan yet)

cut to 16 before draft, includes Def and K(KC and Bass).

I have pick 1 and 8 in every round of our rookie/FA draft and 2.04 as well.   So 5 picks out of the first 20.   WRs are weak, but I still am leaning towards Hall at 1.01 and hit WR with the next 2-3 picks(1.08, 2.01, 2.04).

Trading is difficult in this league, everyone is tight.  But was thinking of a package including 1.08 to get a RB, then taking WR at 1.01(longer shelf life).   Does Toney have any value?   I want Dobbins, but owner never replies to emails or offers.

I doubt I make moves until after the NFL draft, I dont want to plan on Hall and he goes to New England.  
Hoping Juju goes to a decent offense, just to have as roster depth.

I am not sure why you are trying to trade for a RB when your WR's are definitely a position of need.  I would use those picks to sure up your WR core especially if you are taking a RB at 1.01 (although I do see you will flip to a WR at 1.01 if you get another RB).  I would rather focus on WR's of known quality since that is your position of most need and then just take your highest rated player regardless of position during the draft.  

I might also shop Mac Jones if you think the return will be there to improve your WR's.  

Guess its why I asked.   Not sure which direction is best for me to go.   3/4 of the RBs have injury history.   I mean, who can trust Barkley or Penny?

I'd really need a lot of rookies to fall into good places to have my top 5 picks really be solid, even if they are top 20 picks.

Guess its why I asked.   Not sure which direction is best for me to go.   3/4 of the RBs have injury history.   I mean, who can trust Barkley or Penny?

I'd really need a lot of rookies to fall into good places to have my top 5 picks really be solid, even if they are top 20 picks.
Which is why I would rather use them for known quantities that have already performed at the NFL level.  The value of the picks will only increase between now and your/NFL draft so I would see what people are willing to part with for them.  Look for players on the rise that you believe in that might take a jump because of situation change, playing time change, or ?????  They are usually less risky than rookie picks.  

Users who are viewing this thread