What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft Preparation (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Just thought we could share redraft preparations anyone has.

My most useful one, once I know my pick, is to look at last years draft and see what number of positions were taken at my first 6 draft spots.

So for instance, using the 4 spot in our 2021 league:

Round 1 - 3 RBs were off the board by the 4 pick - so this year I am in the ballpark of having a choice of RB4 or WR1. It's just to get a ballpark as this year Kupp may go top 3. Helps my to think about the scenarios - would I take Kupp at 4? Ekeler (if Kupp goes top 3)? Cook? Jefferson? Concept is less relevant in round 1.

Round 2 - by pick 21, there were 12 RB off the board and 8 WR - so looking at RB13 or WR9 with second pick. So the count may vary - likely by not more than 1 at either spot - but i use those numbers as a guide to who I will be choosing from in round 2 (using a fantasy site rankings not my own). So with that knowledge, I am looking at Fournette or T Hill - and I am not thrilled by either so now I start planning on who I would take in that scenario - one of those two or go deeper down the rankings for somebody I like more. Then I start working my target list for each round - which takes into consideration my player preferences.

It's served me well through the years as it's kind of contingency planning. I only really use for the first 5 rounds as it will be less relevant in preparations further down the list.

Its not a perfect process but it helps in being prepared. AN thoughts? Or please share any of your own prep (not the physical prep - like I bring one sheet of paper blah blah blah)

@The Dude

For 15-20 years I kept a running spreadsheet in my redraft league with all the draft info. I used a rolling 3 year average, rather than a single season.

It's a lot of work but I finished in the money far more often than not.

Last year I did literally zero prep, just too busy, so I DL'd the DD two days before my draft, imported my league settings and rolled to championship.

I prefer last year's strategy.

What do you guy's use for the most up to date news alerts? Last year during our draft I saw Ekeler drop but didn't know why until I googled it and found out he pulled a hammy in practice.

What do you guy's use for the most up to date news alerts? Last year during our draft I saw Ekeler drop but didn't know why until I googled it and found out he pulled a hammy in practice.
Had our local draft last night. I was hosting so had a lot going on and wasn't checking any news during the draft. After I made my 8th round pick, the guy drafting behind me shows me the Brian Robinson shooting news. Of course he took Antonio Gibson. Drop your guard for even a couple hours and you pay

Users who are viewing this thread