What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redskin/Bronco Trade (1 Viewer)

According to Len Pasquarelli they want Jason Cambell. Obviuosly this is bad news for Ramsey if true:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2041266

Redskins targeting Auburn's CampbellBy Len PasquarelliESPN.comJust three years after investing a first-round choice on quarterback Patrick Ramsey, the Washington Redskins are plotting to acquire the possible replacement for the man who currently holds the top spot on their depth chart.Washington, already slated to pick ninth overall, added a second selection in the first round of the 2005 draft on Tuesday night, acquiring the 25th pick overall from the Denver Broncos. The prospect Washington brass is eyeing at No. 25? Auburn quarterback Jason Campbell.In return for the Broncos' first-round choice, which Denver officials have been shopping for the past few days, the Redskins surrendered their third-round pick (76th overall) in this year's draft, along with first- and fourth-round selections in 2006. The haul is reflective of the regard in which they hold Campbell, who was 31-8 as a starter in college.Even before their most substantive predraft review of the position late last week, Redskins coaches and scouts had regarded Campbell as on par with Alex Smith of Utah and California's Aaron Rodgers, generally regarded as the top two quarterback prospects. A lengthy film study of Campbell further strengthened Washington's resolve to move on the Auburn quarterback.During his 46 appearances for the Tigers, Campbell completed 552 of 854 passes for 7,299 yards, with 45 touchdown passes and 24 interceptions. Despite playing under different offensive coordinators during each of his four seasons, Campbell completed more than 60 percent of his passes all four years. He completed 69.6 percent of his attempts while leading undefeated Auburn to a No. 2 ranking and a 16-13 win over Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl.The Redskins now must guard against another team jumping ahead of them and grabbing Campbell, one of the draft's fastest rising prospects.Certainly the flirtation with Campbell is not good news for Ramsey, the Redskins' top pick in the 2002 draft (32nd overall) and the man who finished the 2004 season as Washington's starter. The former Tulane star replaced Mark Brunell in the lineup for the second half of the season and started the final seven games.Washington might entertain a trade for Ramsey, provided they get Campbell and feel he can play immediately for them. Brunell and Tim Hasselbeck, who on Monday signed his one-year restricted free agent qualifying offer of $656,000, remain on the roster.For his career, the 26-year-old Ramsey has completed 465 of 836 passes for 5,370 yards, with 33 touchdown passes and 28 interceptions. He has started in 23 of 29 appearances.Meanwhile, the Redskins say they aren't trading their No. 9 pick, which they'll likely use on a cornerback, but they're not ruling out any possibilities."Right now, we've had no discussions with anyone about trading away the ninth pick," team president and coach Joe Gibbs said. "Are we considering any options we are presented with? Yes. We'll consider anything, but no one has presented a compelling scenario."Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. To check out Len's chat archive, click here .The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Not sure if its been posted in this thread, but PFT has been posting that Denver would trade this pick for a 2006 1st rounder for a week now.Just another "crap" rumor they "made up", I suppose.

Redskins | Three Picks Sent to Broncos for First-round Pick - from www.KFFL.comTue, 19 Apr 2005 15:58:45 -0700The Denver Broncos have traded their 2005 first-round pick, No. 25 overall, to the Washington Redskins in exchange for three draft choices. The Redskins will send the Broncos their third-round draft choice (No. 76 overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft along with their first-round and fourth-round selections in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Just to add something more meaningful on here....I sincerely doubt this move was made to get Jason Campbell.You dont make a trade 5 days in advance with a specific player targeted. This trade was made this early to give the Skins time to work out a trade up into the top 3.

what are the redskins needs...

most think WR on offense, after losing coles, trying to trade gardner & moss may not be viable WR #1.

on defense, their DE situation is pretty sorry... they could look at LB with pierce departing for NYG... as well as CB with smoot going to MIN... doubtful they go after safety with taylor & bowen.

i think one of these picks is a WR... if this isn't prelude to another move up for williams, they might be able to sit tight & get troy williamson... some might say that is a reach, but i have seen him go as high as #7 to MIN (though they are likely moving up themselves to get edwards/williams, & have more ammo to do so. certainly it wouldn't be a surprise if williamson went to SD at 12 or CAR at 14, so 9 might not be a huge reach.

clayton probably wouldn't be WR target, and he may not (probably won't) last to 25... though they might target guy like roddy white or matt jones there (too early for reggie brown & terrence murphy?).

if they did get williamson early (obviously gibbs isn't enamored with current WRs), they would still be in position to get pretty good defensive player... if not rolle/pacman/rogers-type at CB, maybe justin miller or fabian washington... OR a DE like matt roth (maybe james or pollack drop, but i don't think that far)... OR a LB like odell thurman or channing crowder to bolster middle... which would put them in front of teams like IND & NE that might be looking at MLB/ILB... there aren't many in this draft, & they could go fast.

if they are targeting blue-chip, impact front seven player on defense... the extra 25 could allow them to address WR later (se above)... they could be after DJ or merriman, as well as usual suspects at CB.
Bob-your post got me wondering if maybe Clayton is their target, if a WR is what they're after. I knoe ESPN is reorting theat Jason Cambell is their target but if WR is it I could see Clayton there. The reason I say this, earlier this year before the Moss/Coles trade, Gibbs had stated that you don't need big WR's anymore with the rule change/enforcement. He said something to the effect that "smurf" WR's will do just as well today. Clayton's size is smaller than Williams & Edwards but all his other skills are top notch. Could Clayton be in their plan? Will he last that long? Or is Cambell who they want?

Just to add something more meaningful on here....

I sincerely doubt this move was made to get Jason Campbell.

You dont make a trade 5 days in advance with a specific player targeted.

This trade was made this early to give the Skins time to work out a trade up into the top 3.
I agree, no way the Skins give up as much as they did for someone to hold a clipboard if Gibbs is in win now phase. Jabba the Len needs a new source.

You don't do that, and I don't do that, but this is the Redskins we're talking about.

I wonder if Skeletor used vaseline on Gibbs or just enjoyed the ride while dry boning the Hall of Famer....What a LOPSIDED trade...I wonder if this has anything to do with the Skins being in Cap Hell the year after next...or perhaps they're getting ready to deal Lavar Arrington, and need another LB in Round One.

Just to add something more meaningful on here....

This trade was made this early to give the Skins time to work out a trade up into the top 3.
I agree, no way the Skins give up as much as they did for someone to hold a clipboard if Gibbs is in win now phase. Jabba the Len needs a new source.
PFT has frequently insinuated that Lenny's got his nose up Vinny Cerrato's nether orifice, so it's probably the "official smokescreen".

I wonder if Skeletor used vaseline on Gibbs or just enjoyed the ride while dry boning the Hall of Famer....

What a LOPSIDED trade...

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Skins being in Cap Hell the year after next...

or perhaps they're getting ready to deal Lavar Arrington, and need another LB in Round One.
Trading/Cutting Lavar this year would be a cap hit in excess of $12 milThey are married to him through next year

I wonder if Skeletor used vaseline on Gibbs or just enjoyed the ride while dry boning the Hall of Famer....

What a LOPSIDED trade...

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Skins being in Cap Hell the year after next...

or perhaps they're getting ready to deal Lavar Arrington, and need another LB in Round One.
Trading/Cutting Lavar this year would be a cap hit in excess of $12 milThey are married to him through next year
OK, he'll be gone next June then....Per PFT.com:

LAVAR WON'T LAST BEYOND JUNE 2006

Even if the Redskins have decided that the sun is setting on their relationship with linebacker LaVar Arrington (or vice-versa), the raw contract numbers show that there's simply no way the 'Skins can afford a divorce in 2005.

Arrington's cap number of $5.54 million in 2005 would skyrocket by $12.165 million if the 'Skins tried to trade Arrington this season, or if they were to dump him before June 1.

After June 1, the 'Skins would carry a $5 million cap charge for 2005, and a cap hit of $12.165 million for 2006.

The more likely outcome is that the 'Skins will dump Arrington after June 1, 2006, when the cap hit would be $5 million in 2006 and $7.165 million in 2007. Because the team wisely finagled a July 15 due date for Arrington's $6.5 million 2006 roster bonus, the team will be able to push him out the door without incurring a cap charge of $12.165 million in 2006.

There's a catch, however -- as a league source told us Monday night, the 'Skins would be required to take the full $12.165 million cap charge in 2006 if the collective bargaining agreement is not extended, since so-called dead money cannot be pushed into the uncapped year of 2007.

If, on the other hand, the 'Skins were to keep Arrington, his cap number would rise to $11.5 million in 2006, although the team has the right to guarantee the $6.5 million payment, thereby spreading the cap consequence over the final four years of the deal.

What a LOPSIDED trade...

OK, he'll be gone next June then....Per PFT.com:

LAVAR WON'T LAST BEYOND JUNE 2006

Even if the Redskins have decided that the sun is setting on their relationship with linebacker LaVar Arrington (or vice-versa), the raw contract numbers show that there's simply no way the 'Skins can afford a divorce in 2005.

Arrington's cap number of $5.54 million in 2005 would skyrocket by $12.165 million if the 'Skins tried to trade Arrington this season, or if they were to dump him before June 1.

After June 1, the 'Skins would carry a $5 million cap charge for 2005, and a cap hit of $12.165 million for 2006.

The more likely outcome is that the 'Skins will dump Arrington after June 1, 2006, when the cap hit would be $5 million in 2006 and $7.165 million in 2007. Because the team wisely finagled a July 15 due date for Arrington's $6.5 million 2006 roster bonus, the team will be able to push him out the door without incurring a cap charge of $12.165 million in 2006.

There's a catch, however -- as a league source told us Monday night, the 'Skins would be required to take the full $12.165 million cap charge in 2006 if the collective bargaining agreement is not extended, since so-called dead money cannot be pushed into the uncapped year of 2007.

If, on the other hand, the 'Skins were to keep Arrington, his cap number would rise to $11.5 million in 2006, although the team has the right to guarantee the $6.5 million payment, thereby spreading the cap consequence over the final four years of the deal.
Exactly. Lavar is trying to push his way out now, but its a fruitless attempt.

I don't think they'll be drafting a QB with the #25 pick. They just re-signed Tim Hasselbeck as QB#3. I think they're content with their QB's, and just blowing smoke about drafting one that high.

My thoughts are:1. Gibbs goes aggressively after players. Snyder goes aggressively after players. Hard to believe, but these two are on the same page here. Gibbs has stated that if there is a player that they think will be a good Redskin, they will find a way to get him.2. Gibbs likes certainty. For instance, they way to certain he got the first shot at Mark Brunell was to give up a 3rd round draft pick to Jacksonville. No other team was willing to do that.3. Gibbs hates to tip his hand. He closes as many practices as possible. During practice, he goes to the sidelines and checks out who is there and makes people who don't belong leave. In preseason, they periodically practice at a high school and was pissed when a reporter accidently said where it was on the air. Gibbs is near paranoid about giving out as little information as possible that may help his opponents. Surprise is a stategic advantage.4. Gibbs is clearly targeting a player at #25. Due to all of the above, it is probably somone that most people believe will go in the 2nd round. That rules out most of the players mentioned in this thread.5. Gibbs does not like to rely on rookies immediately. Last year, he slowly worked Taylor and Cooley into the lineup. He got Brunell so the team would not be solely dependent on Ramsey, who was almost a rookie last year.6. So Gibbs is not drafting a qb with pick #25 with plans to cut Ramsey loose in a year.7. Matt Jones is projected to be a pass receiving TE, which would be an H back with the Redskins. They already have Cooley there, who they love. They are not targeting Matt Jones so he can split time with Cooley. The Redskins need a blocking TE. I suspect they will draft one on day 2.8. I posted in another thread that I thought the Redskins may want Mark Clayton (base on very little info). If they don't get a decent trade down offer, the Redskins may select him at #9. Once again, Gibbs want to be sure to get the guy he wants. By the way, from what I have heard (and boy has Kiper been on the radio a lot), this draft is actually a pretty strong draft, but very light at the very top of the draft. This fact is making trading down very difficult. There is very good depth at cb, wr, and rb in the draft. And two of these positions are needs for the Redskins. I don't think the trade looks that bad for the Redskins since they get the player they want now and next year may not be as good a draft in the positions where the Redskins need players.

isn't the draft great... better than poker.if the redskins really did want campbell, why would they alert the media?unless... they want to panic a team into jumping in front of them to take campell , pushing the player/s they really want closer to them.

I don't think you're out of the woods yet Bell owners. 3rd round RB's since 2001: Chris Brown, Justin Fargus, Lamar Gordon, Brian Westbrook, James Jackson, Kevan Barlow, and Travis Minor.
:confused: Of the seven RB's listed, Westbrook is the only one who could challenge Bell.
I'm a Denver fan and I think Chris Brown is equal to Bell if not better.

I've just got to jump in and call B.S. on the "Skins want Jason Campbell" rumor. We're not talking about a team holding the #1 or #2 pick, its the #25. Seems like announcing to the whole world who you want would be a good way to not get him.Plus it sure seems like the Skins want to win now. Gibbs has made comments to suggest this. You know Snyder wants to win now. Trading next year's first to acquire a late first this year suggests "win now". So does drafting a QB that won't pay off for 2-3 years coincide with that? I don't think so.

PFT reporting that the Skins are hoping to use this move in order to move high enough to take Braylon Edwards:

'SKINS PREPPING FOR MOVE TO TOP?A league source tells us that the Washington Redskins plan to parlay their Tuesday acquisition of the 25th overall pick in the draft, from the Broncos, into an effort to move into the top four picks, in an effort to snare receiver Braylon Edwards.It remains to be seen whether a package of No. 9 and No. 25 will be enough to make the move up to one of the top four picks. Recently, the Vikings would neither confirm nor deny our report that the team was thinking about using No. 7 and No. 18 as ammo for a jump to the first, second, or third pick in the draft, likewise in an effort to nab Edwards.As to the Redskins, they gave up a third-round choice in 2005 plus a first-round and fourth-round selection in 2006 for the Broncos 25th overall selection.Earlier on Tuesday, 'Skins exec Vinny Cerrato denied reports that the team might trade the No. 9 pick to the Raiders for disgruntled cornerback Philip Buchanon, a former first-rounder from Miami.Although we're not inclined to take any official team statements at face value this time of year, we can't imagine why the 'Skins would want to acquire yet another former player from the "U," given their recent experiences with receiver Santana Moss and safety Sean Taylor.And before anyone akses us why the 'Skins don't make a play for Buchanon's teammate, Charles Woodson, remember this -- Woodson is represented by the Poston brothers, and the first order of business for Dan Snyder and company would be to sign Woodson to a long-term deal. Given the still-lingering LaVar Arrington dispute (pitting the Postons against the 'Skins), the chances of Woodson wearing a helmet with the profile of ***** Joe are slim and none.Regarding the 'Skins-Broncos trade, we previously had reported -- twice -- that the Broncos were desperate to bail out of round one this year. And we never imagined that a deal would be accomplished prior to draft day, when a team would have made a move with a specific target in mind, a la the Bills and J.P. Losman a year ago.The fact that the 'Skins would make the move four days before the draft, then, suggests to us that the move might have been step one in a two-part effort to land at the high end of the draft order

what bothers me the most is that this is a deal that should be made during the draft. jumping on deals too quickly is the other flaw of redskin trade philosophy, tied for 1st with overpaying. which leads me to my desired saturday trade, in which the skins will deal additional picks/players/cash for a trade up to get edwards, who may be just another MI WR (see Carter, A; Howard, D; Toomer, A (thanks Oz); etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
what bothers me the most is that this is a deal that should be made during the draft. jumping on deals too quickly is the other flaw of redskin trade philosophy, tied for 1st with overpaying. which leads me to my desired saturday trade, in which the skins will deal additional picks/players/cash for a trade up to get edwards, who may be just another MI WR (see Carter, A; Howard, D; Hilliard, I; etc.)
Agreed, I'd wait until the pick comes up, then take the trade, unless I suppose there's 25 players they'd be equally happy with - I doubt it. The "just another MI WR" :bs: has been discussed many times already, But adding Hilliard to the list is new. ;) (I assume you mean Toomer.)

FWIW, everyone must be assuming the skins 06 pick is high, otherwise this deal isn't bad IMO. Of course, it should be mid-high, so I can see some complaints.

Some good analysis here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2005Apr19.html

But I really think they're confused. Cerrato says they are now looking to trade down? THEN WHY DID YOU GIVE THE FARM TO TRADE UP?

Craziness.

I look at this as a play for Edwards and they will probably be able to get Miami to move at the #2 spot if they offer the two picks...

Here is the trade I expect to be offered: 'Skins 2 first round picks for Dolphin's first round pick and Patrick Surtain.

rumor has it the Skins will be trading Gardner for a 3rd rounder, so they are really just giving up next year's #1 and 4th rounder for a 1st rounder THIS year. I don't think its a bad deal at all. This will allow them to fill both needs, CB and WR, or trade up to get an elite player (i think the first is more likely)
:lmao:

the Skins obviously feel they will be a contender of sorts for the '05 season, landing them somewhere in the mid teens for the '06 draft...this is the ONLY way one can rationalize this as even somewhat sane......in grading this yrs draft, I don't really see 32-1st round caliber guys....mid 20's at best......which explains Denver's wanting to bail out of the 25I do see somewhere around 75 2nd-3rd round talent in this draft, so if I were sitting anywhere from 22-25 on down, I'd look to accomplish something like Denver didit would not bother me in the least to come out of this draft w/5 selections in the 35-100 rangefrom the Skins perspective, if they are truely looking to move up, say to 3 (where Phil and Romeo could then go Defensive w/the 9), it is smarter to get the ammo ahead of time, IMO, because to try and do all this once the draft is in motion could very well leave them out in the cold...they signed IIRC, Patten in the off season, a smaller, quicker WR...I wouldn't be shocked to see them take Williams then, who would replace Gardner in the starting lineup (assuming Gardner is dealt to try to get Surtain)......this is getting good! :thumbup:

We all know the skins are lacking on the offensive side of the ball. As mentioned above, with the signing of TimH and MarkB last season, there is no way they are selecting JasonC. Trading up last season to select Cooley leads me to believe (as mentioned above) there will be no Matt Jones. I dont think MikeWilliams or Braylon are worth 2 first rounders so I dont see Was trading up for them, I dont care if Surtain is in the deal.As I have said in the past, I think Morton is gone and they select Adam Jones with their first selection. I think Was has a beat on which WRs will be available around 25. Also, I would imagine Was may have a read on a WR Phi wants to take and is looking to take him first, most likely Clayton. However, I could easily see Clayton not around at 25.In the end, I see Was keeping both picks, selecting either OL or CB with the 9 and WR at the 25. Ya never know, stranger things have happened ;)GB the NFL draft :thumbup:

Re: Stating that you are targeting CampbellWAS just moved right behind GB. GB has been making noise about possibly taking a QB in the 1st. Most have assumed Frye. Maybe WAS knows that GB likes Campbell better, but was hoping to trade back to get him (like in my mock with PHI for 31st and 35th)? So WAS puts out this Jason Campbell talk to make GB think twice about moving back to grab him?

Don't the Redskins get compensatory picks for Pierce and Smoot in next year's draft? That would make their draft cupboard less empty next year if true. There's speculation on Redskin boards that they traded next year's #1 knowing that they would be tight for money to sign one next year. If Arrington leaves next year (the way it looks now, I think he will) I think they will take a cap hit for that, also.

It seems clear to me that the Redskins are looking to move up in this draft. By giving 3 lower picks for a first rounder, my guess is that they want to move into the top handful of picks. Otherwise, why trade 5 days before the draft? There is no sense of urgency now. It is also unrealistic to make a trade of this magnitude for the #25 overall, having a specific player in mind. There are simply too many scenarios to account for. If they like Jason Campbell so much, why not drop out of the #9 spot, say to Minnesota at #17, add a couple of picks, and take him there. Yes, it may be a little high, but you get the player you want ahead of a team like Green Bay. If Minnesota won't bite, Dallas, sitting at #20, might. Bottom line: I'd be surprised if Campbell ends up in Washington. The details of this trade don't add up to that taking place. The signs point to a move to he very top of the draft borad.

Don't the Redskins get compensatory picks for Pierce and Smoot in next year's draft? That would make their draft cupboard less empty next year if true. There's speculation on Redskin boards that they traded next year's #1 knowing that they would be tight for money to sign one next year. If Arrington leaves next year (the way it looks now, I think he will) I think they will take a cap hit for that, also.
Were they restricted? I don't think so. Pierce offered the Skins a chance to match, but that was his own agreement. Neither of them signed an offer sheet, they were UFAs.I don't pretend to understand the move. If it's to move up, they're essentially trading two #1s (one next year) and two other first day picks for Braylon Edwards. I think the kid is talented, but he's not worth that.

There's not a player at 25 that I can imagine anyone being THAT in love with either. Maybe Matt Jones or Campbell, but neither really fit that "win now" philosophy.

I know this is supposedly a Gibbs move, so I should leave other Skins FO mistakes out of this, but it sure would be nice to have SOMEONE over there who really seems to value draft picks and not just specific players.

The odd thing about Pasquarelli's column is the certainty. He doesn't write it as if that's a possible reason for the trade or that Campbell is one of a handful of players the Redskins covet. Very odd way to write an article, particularly given his open disdain for the Redskins organization.

Personally, to me, this screams of Len P getting a real scoop and then trying to screw over Snyder and the Skins by making the deal public (thus giving other teams a chance to make moves in front of 1.25).

I will say this, if Washington really did just give up three picks, including a 2006 1st rounder for Jason Campbell, it's yet another in a long line of boneheaded moves by Synder.

Were they restricted? I don't think so. Pierce offered the Skins a chance to match, but that was his own agreement. Neither of them signed an offer sheet, they were UFAs.I don't pretend to understand the move. If it's to move up, they're essentially trading two #1s (one next year) and two other first day picks for Braylon Edwards. I think the kid is talented, but he's not worth that.

There's not a player at 25 that I can imagine anyone being THAT in love with either. Maybe Matt Jones or Campbell, but neither really fit that "win now" philosophy.

I know this is supposedly a Gibbs move, so I should leave other Skins FO mistakes out of this, but it sure would be nice to have SOMEONE over there who really seems to value draft picks and not just specific players.
Compensatory draft picks have nothing to do with RFAs. With RFAs, the teams designate the offer/leve they want to assign to an RFA and if another team offers the RFA a contract then the player's original team can match the offer or get the offer/level draft pick for them. Compensatory draft picks are a calculation based on how much a team lost overall due to free agency. In this case Washington lost Pierce and Smoot to big contracts so they could get a good compensatory draft picks since I can't even think of who they did sign as FAs. Here is a link to explain (it has 2002 examples, but the top has a decent explanation):LINK

Personally, to me, this screams of Len P getting a real scoop and then trying to screw over Snyder and the Skins by making the deal public (thus giving other teams a chance to make moves in front of 1.25).
There have been numerous rumors before of Cerrato being one of Len P's "NFL sources", and there's some speculation that this was spoon-fed to him by Cerrato. The only purpose that would serve, were it true, would be to disguise what the Redskins are after.

The clear loser in all this is Cecil Lammey (pinned thread at top of page). he has to do a live radio show on the Broncos draft and they may not even get on the clock during his show. That is going to be a tough gig.

As a Bronco fan, let me just say :clap:The Bronco picks this year:2 (56)3 (75)3 (97)3 (101)6 (200)7 (239)Wouldn't be surprised to see Shanny trade a 3rd for a couple 4th or 5ths.25 is a terrible place to be picking, IMO. Best to trade out of the first and bet on a poor year by someone else to get a better pick next year.Hoping next year's Bronco 1st round is upper 20's or 30's and the Skins pick is somewhere in the 8-15 range.

I dont think MikeWilliams or Braylon are worth 2 first rounders so I dont see Was trading up for them, I dont care if Surtain is in the deal.
So you would rather have Rolle/Jones/Rodgers and whatever WR is available at 25 than Edwards and Surtain?

As a Bronco fan, let me just say :clap:

The Bronco picks this year:

2 (56)

3 (75)

3 (97)

3 (101)

6 (200)

7 (239)
Just imagine if you guys didn't cheat to win the Superbowl a few years back. You'd have another 3rd rounder in there too!

I dont think MikeWilliams or Braylon are worth 2 first rounders so I dont see Was trading up for them, I dont care if Surtain is in the deal.
So you would rather have Rolle/Jones/Rodgers and whatever WR is available at 25 than Edwards and Surtain?
And no 2006 1st? Correct

The clear loser in all this is Cecil Lammey (pinned thread at top of page). he has to do a live radio show on the Broncos draft and they may not even get on the clock during his show. That is going to be a tough gig.
Well he can always plug FBG while waiting for the Broncs to pick. :thumbup:

And no 2006 1st? Correct
:confused: Either way, they don't have a 2006 1st.

As a Bronco fan, let me just say :clap:

The Bronco picks this year:

2 (56)

3 (75)

3 (97)

3 (101)

6 (200)

7 (239)
Just imagine if you guys didn't cheat to win the Superbowl a few years back. You'd have another 3rd rounder in there too!
:confused: ...or is this :fishing: from a bitter Packer or Falcon fan?

I look at this as a play for Edwards and they will probably be able to get Miami to move at the #2 spot if they offer the two picks...

Here is the trade I expect to be offered: 'Skins 2 first round picks for Dolphin's first round pick and Patrick Surtain.

I don't think the Dolphins would do this deal. The two #1s for the #2 overall pcik is more like it. No way do they "throw" in Surtain in this deal, unless some other draft picks are involved.

EDIT TO ADD- Nice trade by the Broncos.

Last edited by a moderator:
And no 2006 1st? Correct
:confused: Either way, they don't have a 2006 1st.
I dont think Surtain is worth the deal if they trade up for Edwards

Snyder is a tool and I have a feeling Gibbs cares more about his Nascar team at this point.
Good analysis here. :sarcasm:
I'm sorry that stating my opinion on the Washington Redskins is not allowed anymore. Thought you guys were supposed to be back in the playoffs last year especially with that blockbuster deal fro Brunell.

though they might target guy like roddy white or matt jones there (too early for reggie brown & terrence murphy?).
Matt Jones was the guy who immediately came to my mind since he's being projected as going anywhere from 28-31. I think Jason Campbell is a smokescreen... no way would they leak who they want at #25 for crying out loud. In fact, I'm puzzled why they would not wait to ensure their guy is even there while Denver is on the clock at 25 before consumating the trade if they are in fact targetting someone in particular.

looks like the Skins overpaid in what should be a down draft year. They'll need to come out of this with 1 or 2 studs for this to be worthwhile.
As a Redskins fan I disagree with this (depending on how exactly you're defining "stud"). As was mentioned before, Gibbs traded this years 2nd rounder to select Cooley in the 3rd last year. Cooley did very well as a rookie last year in Gibb's H-back position, which is integral to Gibb's offense working. So Gibbs went out (overpaid?, not IMO) to get a player that will be integral in his offense for years to come.

For this deal to be worthwhile to me, as a fan, all he needs to walk away with is a player (or players) that will be essential building blocks for the future (like the Sean Taylor and Cooley picks were last year).

:2cents:

Users who are viewing this thread