What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Bush, no practice today - leg wrapped up. (1 Viewer)

FYI - his injuries earlier were to his LEFT leg...

His RIGHT one is wrapped today - out of nowhere

Concerning, if you're a Bush owner

Last edited by a moderator:
Ice above the knee on the right leg sounds like a muscle bruise. Maybe he banged it yesterday and got some soreness/swelling last night?

Either way, would be surprised to find it's a long-term injury.

Ice above the knee on the right leg sounds like a muscle bruise. Maybe he banged it yesterday and got some soreness/swelling last night?

Didnt they think the same about SJax?

Not that Im comparing the two, but didnt he just have a "thigh bruise"?

during bye weeks, even a one week injury hirts

Yeah, reports were similar. Thigh bruise... would miss one maybe two weeks, three at the absolute most? Then goes on to miss 4-5 games after it's revealed he actually had a hammy issue. I've been holding onto Joique since prior after Week 1 of the season, assuming I'd get several starts out of him this year based on Bush's past injury history. So I'll definitely be monitoring this closely. Already got a solid Week in Week 3 out of him... incoming Week 8?

Yeah, reports were similar. Thigh bruise... would miss one maybe two weeks, three at the absolute most? Then goes on to miss 4-5 games after it's revealed he actually had a hammy issue. I've been holding onto Joique since prior after Week 1 of the season, assuming I'd get several starts out of him this year based on Bush's past injury history. So I'll definitely be monitoring this closely. Already got a solid Week in Week 3 out of him... incoming Week 8?
Same here.

And with injuries + byes I could REALLY use a big game from Joique this week.

DET is on bye next week (9), so maybe Bush will take a rest day on Sunday and have plenty of time to get ready for their next game...

Or maybe he'll play through since he'll have two weeks to recover after that.

I'm glad they play at 1:00 on Sun

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3600/reggie-bush

Saw this already too - RW mentions that the hometown papers don't seem to be concerned.
missing Friday practice is usually a big deal no?
If he is questionable on the injury report, at that point I'll be concerned - Until then, this is just pure speculation...

PS, any J. Bell owners that don't own Bush and refuse to trade him should go walk in front of a bus. I own Ben Tate and the Foster owner won't trade me Bell for Tate all season.

Reggie Bush (leg) told reporters Friday he missed practice as a precaution.

Per Lions beat writer Dave Birkett, Friday's leg injury is "not related to (Bush's) previous knee injury," and there is "no need to panic." It's fantastic news for Bush owners as Detroit gets set to host Dallas, but also a reminder of Bush's durability concerns, which remain ongoing and likely always will. Joique Bell needs to stay rostered in fantasy leagues of all sizes.

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter
Oct 25 - 1:56 PM
Seems relevant

Per RW:

Reggie Bush (leg) told reporters Friday he missed practice as a precaution.
Per Lions beat writer Dave Birkett, Friday's leg injury is "not related to (Bush's) previous knee injury," and there is "no need to panic." It's fantastic news for Bush owners as Detroit gets set to host Dallas, but also a reminder of Bush's durability concerns, which remain ongoing and likely always will. Joique Bell needs to stay rostered in fantasy leagues of all sizes.

PS, any J. Bell owners that don't own Bush and refuse to trade him should go walk in front of a bus. I own Ben Tate and the Foster owner won't trade me Bell for Tate all season.
:ptts:

Ha ha, I just shirted on you.
Can someone explain to me the relevance of the shirt? I joined FBG last year, and may have missed when this originated.

(this post may get me shirted)
Yes, I've been wondering this myself

Can someone explain to me the relevance of the shirt? I joined FBG last year, and may have missed when this originated.

http://www.jerseytees.com/

google "fantasty football excuses" tshirt. it will pop up so you can see it in full view

Damnit, it's Friday:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175613

Damnit, it's Friday:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175613
I don;t know if this was a shirtable offense.

Can someone explain to me the relevance of the shirt? I joined FBG last year, and may have missed when this originated.(this post may get me shirted)
google "fantasty football excuses" tshirt. it will pop up so you can see it in full view
They're fannnnnnnnn-tasty!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3600/reggie-bush

Saw this already too - RW mentions that the hometown papers don't seem to be concerned.
missing Friday practice is usually a big deal no?
If he is questionable on the injury report, at that point I'll be concerned - Until then, this is just pure speculation...

Reggie Bush (knee) is listed as probable for Week 8 despite missing Friday's practice.
As expected, Bush is in good physical condition ahead of Sunday's marquee matchup with the Cowboys. Bush had his right knee in a wrap during Friday's session, but it was a different injury from his early-season left knee contusion and shouldn't affect his effectiveness or playing time against Dallas

Unless I am somehow badly mistaken, I think I saw on ESPN Football Live today at 4:30 EST that Bush was out for Sunday. Conflicts with Rotoworld and Nathan Zegura. Who to believe??

ComfortablyNumb said:
Unless I am somehow badly mistaken, I think I saw on ESPN Football Live today at 4:30 EST that Bush was out for Sunday. Conflicts with Rotoworld and Nathan Zegura. Who to believe??
I think you might be mistaken - ESPN says he's probable:

Reggie Bush, Det RB

News Archive

Detroit Lions

Probable

Bush (knee) is probable for Sunday's game against Dallas.

Spin: For the fantasy spin on this player, log in or become an Insider today.

Fri, Oct 25

Clearly he's going to play, but I'm definitely concerned about his workload in this game, Bell is definitely no slouch or significant downgrade so if I were the Lions I'd think limit Bush's touches and snaps heading into the bye week but who knows what the plan is. Still have to start him in PPR leagues for sure

Clearly he's going to play, but I'm definitely concerned about his workload in this game, Bell is definitely no slouch or significant downgrade so if I were the Lions I'd think limit Bush's touches and snaps heading into the bye week but who knows what the plan is. Still have to start him in PPR leagues for sure
Ummm, yes Bell is a significant downgrade from Reggie - & why would you reduce Reggie's touches when he has a full week of rest following the game? Especially a game with playoff implications.

Ummm, yes Bell is a significant downgrade from Reggie - & why would you reduce Reggie's touches when he has a full week of rest following the game? Especially a game with playoff implications.
He's a downgrade but not a huge one IMO. Bush is more explosive, but Bell has good hands just like Reggie, can block well and is power back with decent speed for his size. I just suggested that maybe they'd limit Reggie to a few less touches/snaps than he usually gets, I don't see how giving those few extra snaps/touches would significantly impact their chances against Dallas. Like I said, I'm still starting him in all of my leagues, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few less touches.

He's a downgrade but not a huge one IMO. Bush is more explosive, but Bell has good hands just like Reggie, can block well and is power back with decent speed for his size. I just suggested that maybe they'd limit Reggie to a few less touches/snaps than he usually gets, I don't see how giving those few extra snaps/touches would significantly impact their chances against Dallas. Like I said, I'm still starting him in all of my leagues, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few less touches.
He's def a big downgrade - On pure talent alone (not factoring injuries or anything else), Reggie is a top 5 talent at RB... Outside of AP, J Charles, Shady & maybe Foster you can argue is he is more talented then any other back right now. J Bell isn't close to that discussion.

Pretty sure Reggie got a day of rest bc this is a huge game for them and the gameplan calls for him to touch the ball A LOT! Especially with a week of rest after Sunday.

He's def a big downgrade - On pure talent alone (not factoring injuries or anything else), Reggie is a top 5 talent at RB... Outside of AP, J Charles, Shady & maybe Foster you can argue is he is more talented then any other back right now. J Bell isn't close to that discussion.

Pretty sure Reggie got a day of rest bc this is a huge game for them and the gameplan calls for him to touch the ball A LOT! Especially with a week of rest after Sunday.
Well as a Reggie owner, I definitely hope you're right!

Bush is a dynamic player but he's prone to getting nicked especially playing on carpet... says the Bell owner. I'm not wishing bad on Bush but if he misses time us Bell owners should benefit.

Bell has proved that he's not a big drop if Bush doesn't play. Bush may be in the top 5, maybe top 10, fantasy discussion. if Bush it out, Bell is also a top 10 start. No question. There's a system in place that suit Bush and Bell extremely well. Bush may be the better RB overall, but Bell is no slouch in this system. If Bush goes down for the season, Bell would easily be a top 10 back in fantasy, no question. You (fantasycurse) are far too dismissive of Bell.

Understandable assumption but may be inaccurate. Why practice Bush on Wed and Thurs and sit him for the most important practice on Friday? Lots of skill players rest on Wednesdays but not on Fridays, and its for a reason. Also why did observers report the heavy ice on the thigh and describe him as moving gingerly?

I think there is more to it than just rest. Pretty good chance he tweaked a hammy or a quad in the Thursday practice. Since he's probable I would assume he will play through it but it is reasonable to expect that his touches could be lower than they normally would be.

Bell has proved that he's not a big drop if Bush doesn't play. Bush may be in the top 5, maybe top 10, fantasy discussion. if Bush it out, Bell is also a top 10 start. No question. There's a system in place that suit Bush and Bell extremely well. Bush may be the better RB overall, but Bell is no slouch in this system. If Bush goes down for the season, Bell would easily be a top 10 back in fantasy, no question. You (fantasycurse) are far too dismissive of Bell.
My quote was "on pure talent alone" - to say that Bell is even close to as talented as Bush is nonsense... Sure in fantasy he'd put up numbers, but there is a massive drop off in talent. Not even debatable.

Ability to stay healthy is a very underrated talent. It's why there are 25+ RB's in fantasy that are worth more than Darren McFadden. But on talent alone he should be top 5.

Ability to stay healthy is a very underrated talent. It's why there are 25+ RB's in fantasy that are worth more than Darren McFadden. But on talent alone he should be top 5.
I used to agree with that, but after watching a lot of him last year I think there are quite a few RBs with more talent then DMC.

Reggie also played 15 games last year, sure he gets hurt, but I think the fact that people talk about his injuries like he is Amedola is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread