What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Bush (1 Viewer)

Someone said that yesterday on sports radio, can't remember who it was. He looks very good, but let's not compare him to a HOF player quite yet, though he seems to have mad running/catching skills.

I see similarities. Faulk was a ####### BEAST in college. How many 300yd games did he have at SD State?

Someone said that yesterday on sports radio, can't remember who it was. He looks very good, but let's not compare him to a HOF player quite yet, though he seems to have mad running/catching skills.
More like Brian Westbrook.

JJ Arrington tore it up in that non-defensive side of the mountains too....
Reggie Bush is a top 5 pick though, a blue-chipper according to just about every scout out there. JJ always had his detractors, which is why he went in the 2nd round.

What about LenDale White? Does he have a chance to make it in the pros? Sorry to hijack, but just wondering what anybody who follows college football closely thinks about this.The reason I ask is because he went to my high school (was a sophomore when I was a senior).

What about LenDale White? Does he have a chance to make it in the pros?
anybody who averages 6.0 per carry in a major conference is going to get serious consideration from the NFL...he'll be drafted.

Being a Pac-10 guy, I think the Westbrook comparison is a good one. Faulk/LT/Barry are the best RBs to play in the last 20 years...I'm not ready to put him in that category yet.

Being a Pac-10 guy, I think the Westbrook comparison is a good one. Faulk/LT/Barry are the best RBs to play in the last 20 years...I'm not ready to put him in that category yet.
I usually am not a person to jump to wild comparisons but as a college player I am ready to put him in this group... He is Man among boys.... He is going to be very very special....

Reggie is built very similar to Marshall and is lightning quick with sick start-stop ability and great vision. He sure seems to have more than a little Marshall in him but he is used in such a different fashion than Marshall was in college that it is hard to make a comparison.Still Reggie puts points on the board in so many different ways, I think his downside in the NFL is probably in the Brian Mitchell range. Considering Mitchell is the NFL career leader in total yards that is not too bad.His upside is HoF.BTW Reggie is not just a first day pick he is a first round pick and no one should be shocked if he is top-10.

Sorry to hijack, but just wondering what anybody who follows college football closely thinks about this.

The reason I ask is because he went to my high school (was a sophomore when I was a senior).
Right now Lendale White is a much better prospect to be a 20+ carry guy in the NFL and have a big impact. He lacks the explosiveness of Bush, just like every other player in the country, but he has the size to beat on a defense and enough speed to turn the corner. He is also a much better receiver than most people realize but he doesn't get the opportunity to demonstrate that skill at USC.His biggest knock is that he has had trouble with nagging injuries, he seems to be prone to ankle sprains.

DeAngelo Williams pre-injury last year reminded me a lot of Faulk in his college days. Faulk could run it between the tackles as well and Williams does that a bit better then Bush right now. It's not that Bush can't do it, but he tends to look to bounce things outside or take it wide, depending on his sick speed. He also likes to switch fields and beat defenders to the corner. This won't work consistently at the NFL level and he'll need to learn how to take what's there.That being said, he's likely a top 10 pick with the potential if put in the right offense to be Faulk-like. No one knew Faulk was going to be this monster dual-threat RB when he was at San Diego St. He had question marks about his competition as well. A lot of success in the NFL has to do with opportunity. Faulk was fortunate enough to be on those Rams teams in the prime of his career. He made the team, but they used him perfectly. He was a stud early on with Indy too, but the Rams and their wide-open attack used him perfectly.

I see similarities. Faulk was a ####### BEAST in college. How many 300yd games did he have at SD State?
"He rushed for at least 100 yards in 23 of 32 career outings, he had seven 200-yard games and two 300-yard games. He fourth in Heisman Trophy balloting as junior, second as sophomore, and ninth as freshman. He became just fifth player in NCAA history and first since Cornell’s Ed Marinaro in 1970-71 to record back-to-back rushing titles after rushing 265 times for 1,630 yards and 15 touchdowns."San Diego Hall of Fame

Last edited by a moderator:
As a side note, this week's TSN mag has an article about "transformers", players who play different positions and do different things. Bush, Teddy Ginn, Will Blackmon, Steve Beastron and Devin Hester are featured and they have an NFL scout discuss the player's prospects. This one scout says great things about Bush and Blackmon in regards to NFL success, but is lukewarm about Ginn and Hester. FWIW.

Bush is not a Westbrook, first off Bush is 6'0 whereas Westbrook is 5'8.....slight difference.Where he will be like Westbrook is that Bush may not get to carry the rock 20 times a game, but he will get 20+ touches a game. This guy lines up everywhere on the field and is amazing doing all of it too.As for the Pac-10 arguement, he hasn't had a problem lighting up teams out of the conference either. This kid is going to be a gem in the NFL.

Bush will be a stud. Best football player in the country hands down IMO. :thumbup:For those of you so caught up on his size, FYI Bush added 5 lbs this season.

Bush is 5x the college RB JJ Arrington was
OK, I'll take 5x Arrington's yardage last year, and I'll bet you $10,000 that Bush doesn't top it.
That can't even be a real bet. Bush and JJ aren't the same type of RB. Of course Bush won't have the rushing numbers....he lines up in the slot 40% of the time. The guy is money. Should win the Heisman this year...but won't because Leinart is going to be first in line

JJ Arrington tore it up in that non-defensive side of the mountains too....
Please back this up with fact. This regurgitation is getting more irritating by the day. Everytime a Pac10 team goes toe to toe with a non Pac 10 team, I have not seen any consistency of amazing defense from the out-of-conference foe.

If you watched Arrington in college, you never had the feeling that the kid could succeed at the next level. He was a great college back, but he doesn't have a chance (barring a trade to the Chiefs) to be a great RB in the pro's. On the other hand, Bush is a freak, and barring injury, will be a force on Sunday's.

Sorry to hijack, but just wondering what anybody who follows college football closely thinks about this.

The reason I ask is because he went to my high school (was a sophomore when I was a senior).
I am writing an article right now stating that LenDale White will be a better pro player than Reggie Bush. I am biased becaue I work with his former coach, Dave Logan. However, White's skill set translates better to a workhorse type of back whereas Bush's skill set is more of a Brian Westbrook or Eric Metcalf type of back.

I am writing an article right now stating that LenDale White will be a better pro player than Reggie Bush. I am biased becaue I work with his former coach, Dave Logan. However, White's skill set translates better to a workhorse type of back whereas Bush's skill set is more of a Brian Westbrook or Eric Metcalf type of back.
Since when did being more of a workhorse automatically mean you would be a better NFL player? Benson was a better workhorse than Caddy according to most. Bush will be a workhorse for whatever team he lands on. Just not the kind of workhorse you may like to think of. Bush is a special talent. You don't get a guy like this on your team and not find was to get him the ball.

What about LenDale White?  Does he have a chance to make it in the pros? 

Since when did being more of a workhorse automatically mean you would be a better NFL player? Benson was a better workhorse than Caddy according to most. Bush will be a workhorse for whatever team he lands on. Just not the kind of workhorse you may like to think of. Bush is a special talent. You don't get a guy like this on your team and not find was to get him the ball.
A large part will be which team drafts these two. But I like White's chances of a long & productive career better than Bush. Reggie is special, a gamebreaker if you will, and hopefully the coaching staff will get the ball to him as much as possible.

Anyone remember the Lindy Infante days with Marshall Faulk? :shivers:

Reggie Bush is a top 15 pick this year. He'll come out, and he'll play very well. He is a Marshall Faulk/Brian Westbrook type player and will have success at least similar to Westbrook. Eric Metcalf and Brian Mitchell type numbers are out of the question; he's much better than that. As for White, he'll stick around for his senior year, run for well over 1500 yards and get about 20 td's and be a top 15 pick as well. The guy can run around you, through you, and catch the ball out of the backfield. The interesting question that has been brought up is will these 2 be better than Caddy and Brown? Of course it depends on the situation, but I think that they're more talented. Caddy right now is in a great place where he will be the workhorse back for at least 8 years until he falls apart with all those carries he's gotten. Brown has Ricky Williams there, so you can't really know what's going to happen in Miami.

If you watched Arrington in college, you never had the feeling that the kid could succeed at the next level. He was a great college back, but he doesn't have a chance (barring a trade to the Chiefs) to be a great RB in the pro's.
:blackdot:

Reggie Bush is a top 15 pick this year. He'll come out, and he'll play very well. He is a Marshall Faulk/Brian Westbrook type player and will have success at least similar to Westbrook. Eric Metcalf and Brian Mitchell type numbers are out of the question; he's much better than that. As for White, he'll stick around for his senior year, run for well over 1500 yards and get about 20 td's and be a top 15 pick as well. The guy can run around you, through you, and catch the ball out of the backfield. The interesting question that has been brought up is will these 2 be better than Caddy and Brown? Of course it depends on the situation, but I think that they're more talented. Caddy right now is in a great place where he will be the workhorse back for at least 8 years until he falls apart with all those carries he's gotten. Brown has Ricky Williams there, so you can't really know what's going to happen in Miami.
As much as I would love to see it I highly doubt White sticks around for his senior season.

As somebody who has seen Marchall Faulk play in college and Reggie Bush.......and I'm not talking about TV........I'm talking about the Rose Bowl.....Reggie Bush has to be the best college football player I have ever seen. Yes, Faulk rushed for 300 yd games and so on.....but SDSU is known on the west coast for having one of the weakest schedules......USC's schedule is much tougher and on a bigger stage and Bush performed at the highest level in all of those games. It seems you guys haven't seen enough of Bush and just seen highlights. Also, I saw JJ in college too and he couldn't wear Reggie's jock strap.....Another key point.......I'm UCLA alum....

A large part will be which team drafts these two. But I like White's chances of a long & productive career better than Bush. Reggie is special, a gamebreaker if you will, and hopefully the coaching staff will get the ball to him as much as possible.

Anyone remember the Lindy Infante days with Marshall Faulk? :shivers:
White's running style might not allow him to have a longer and more productive career then Bush. He's a horse and will be used between the tackles often. He'll take much more of a physical pounding then Bush ever will. Of course it's impossible to predict injuries, so who's to say. Personally I think Bush will be a superstar in the NFL as long as the team uses him properly. He's a mismatch waiting to happen.

Will Bush be able to handle an NFL feature back workload of 25+ touches a game?
What reason do we have to believe that he wont. He is holding up just fine at one of the top programs in the country, has nice size and all the tallent you could ever want. I have never heard of any injury concerns with Bush. This is a quesiton that every young RB faces when coming out of college, but I don't see any reason as to why Bush should raise more concern than other RBs.

I don't see any reason to say he can't. Bush is 6' 200 lbs. People are so tied into prototype size, but it's not an exact science. Clinton Portis, Tiki Barber, Priest Holmes, Curtis Martin, etc all are similar in size. Bush hasn't been worn down from a ton of carries in college either.

What reason do we have to believe that he wont. He is holding up just fine at one of the top programs in the country, has nice size and all the tallent you could ever want. I have never heard of any injury concerns with Bush. This is a quesiton that every young RB faces when coming out of college, but I don't see any reason as to why Bush should raise more concern than other RBs.
I only ask because I have not seen Bush been given anything close to a workhorse type load. Some backs (many) have done that in college - R Williams, LT2... I could go on. Bush has not. Im not saying he is injury prone but we dont really know how he will do when given the chance to touch the ball 25+ times a game.

I don't see any reason to say he can't. Bush is 6' 200 lbs. People are so tied into prototype size, but it's not an exact science. Clinton Portis, Tiki Barber, Priest Holmes, Curtis Martin, etc all are similar in size. Bush hasn't been worn down from a ton of carries in college either.
As stated above, this is less about size (though it has something to do with it - and 6' 200 is closer to a WR than RB build. 5'9 205 is MUCH more suited to taking the pounding of an NFL RB than 6' 200) and more about not having done it.

Reggie Bush is a top 15 pick this year. He'll come out, and he'll play very well. He is a Marshall Faulk/Brian Westbrook type player and will have success at least similar to Westbrook.
Good call - except he wil go in the top-10 and probably the top-5.:manlove:

I only ask because I have not seen Bush been given anything close to a workhorse type load. Some backs (many) have done that in college - R Williams, LT2... I could go on. Bush has not. Im not saying he is injury prone but we dont really know how he will do when given the chance to touch the ball 25+ times a game.
Doesn't matter - he is like Faulk and Westie in that taking 20 carries a game isn't the point.20 TOUCHES a game is - and he is virtually uncoverable by any college LBs right now.

I could see a 250 carry/75 reception NFL season from Reggie Bush on virtually ANY team in the league - GB, SF, Cle - being a top-5 fantasy season. I keep seeing Cadillac-like splashes on the NFL from Reggie in 2006.

As stated above, this is less about size (though it has something to do with it - and 6' 200 is closer to a WR than RB build. 5'9 205 is MUCH more suited to taking the pounding of an NFL RB than 6' 200) and more about not having done it.
That is a valid point. I recall LT having some of the same questions about him when he came out due to him running in an option offense at TCU and a lof of his yardage coming on pitches and unconventional formations. LT got to prove at the Senior Bowl that he could run it up the guy despite not being asked to at TCU. Bush might have to do something similar to sell some people. It'll be interesting if he comes out after this year. His fantasy position will be debated a lot with people who feel he can hold up and with people who feel it won't matter or that he can. I'll be on the pro-Reggie Bush train whenever it pulls in :thumbup:

That is a valid point. I recall LT having some of the same questions about him when he came out due to him running in an option offense at TCU and a lof of his yardage coming on pitches and unconventional formations. LT got to prove at the Senior Bowl that he could run it up the guy despite not being asked to at TCU. Bush might have to do something similar to sell some people. It'll be interesting if he comes out after this year. His fantasy position will be debated a lot with people who feel he can hold up and with people who feel it won't matter or that he can. I'll be on the pro-Reggie Bush train whenever it pulls in :thumbup:
Yes, I too am waiting in line for that ticket. :excited:

I wil draft him in the third round of any/every draft next year (assuming he comes out of college) regradless of what NFL team drafts him.And I will consider a second round draft pick for him if he is on SF, CLe, or another team where he is the likely starting running back.

Users who are viewing this thread