What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Bush (1 Viewer)

Texasmouth

Footballguy
What to do with this guy....... Hearing different reports about 4-6 weeks type time frame. When he gets back, it will probably take him at least one week to get in game shape, especially since it is a knee injury.

What say the masses about keeping him or dropping him?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm keeping him, but mostly just because there are no worthwhile RBs on the wire in either league that I have him in.

I traded him and Chambers for B. Edwards and ADP last week. Good thing I dumped him when I did.

Of course you don't cut him. A torn meniscus isn't a big deal. I think he'll miss 3-4 games. It's not like an ACL where he'll be affected when he returns. Perhaps trade him to a front-running team who can hold him for late season and the playoffs, but don't let him go for nothing.

Of course you don't cut him. A torn meniscus isn't a big deal. I think he'll miss 3-4 games. It's not like an ACL where he'll be affected when he returns. Perhaps trade him to a front-running team who can hold him for late season and the playoffs, but don't let him go for nothing.
STATS said:
Tue, Oct 21 Bush had surgery on his left knee on Monday, and the date of his return is unclear. He was injured on a punt return in the first half of Sunday's 30-7 loss to the Carolina Panthers. He had missed practice earlier in the week with swelling in the same knee.

Advice: Bush sustained cartilage damage, and some athletes have missed several months because of surgery to repair similar injuries. Aaron Stecker or Pierre Thomas will play alongside Deuce McAllister in the backfield. Bush entered the game against Carolina leading the NFL with 41 receptions.

(STATS, Inc.)
I too am hearing dates for Reggie Bush's return anywhere from 3-5 weeks to several months. Even under the best scenario of missing 4 weeks (returning NFL week 12 v.GB), I would like to see at least a week or two to see if he returns to form and the Saints continue to use him as the focus of their offense. That would bring it right up to the FF playoffs (wk 14-16)...and in wk.15 he faces @Chi. Does this give it enough time to hold Bush in redraft leagues? I'm not sure. I'd rather put him up on the trade blocks but doubt I get any takers, but if I drop him, I'm sure someone will pick him up and I'll probably go against him in the playoffs. I'll probably hold him and wish for the best.P.S. I did cuff him with Deuce. So I'm hoping Deuce makes up some of the difference.

i have no information to back this but just like last year when reggie would miss a "small amount of time" only to be ruled out for the year, i could seeing the same case in the next few weeks. i am planning on him being out the year but will hold onto him just incase i am surprised.

again, just my opinion with no medical or any other scoop on the situation.

STATS said:
Tue, Oct 21 Bush had surgery on his left knee on Monday, and the date of his return is unclear. He was injured on a punt return in the first half of Sunday's 30-7 loss to the Carolina Panthers. He had missed practice earlier in the week with swelling in the same knee.

Advice: Bush sustained cartilage damage, and some athletes have missed several months because of surgery to repair similar injuries. Aaron Stecker or Pierre Thomas will play alongside Deuce McAllister in the backfield. Bush entered the game against Carolina leading the NFL with 41 receptions.

(STATS, Inc.)
I too am hearing dates for Reggie Bush's return anywhere from 3-5 weeks to several months. Even under the best scenario of missing 4 weeks (returning NFL week 12 v.GB), I would like to see at least a week or two to see if he returns to form and the Saints continue to use him as the focus of their offense. That would bring it right up to the FF playoffs (wk 14-16)...and in wk.15 he faces @Chi. Does this give it enough time to hold Bush in redraft leagues? I'm not sure. I'd rather put him up on the trade blocks but doubt I get any takers, but if I drop him, I'm sure someone will pick him up and I'll probably go against him in the playoffs. I'll probably hold him and wish for the best.P.S. I did cuff him with Deuce. So I'm hoping Deuce makes up some of the difference.
I highly doubt that he will miss several months. I'm not a doctor but had knee surgeries. A torn meniscus means the doctor removed the torn off cartilage. I doubt he misses more than 4 weeks. I offered Jericho straight up but the owner decided to keep Bush on the bench for the next few weeks.

As an owner I have no intent on selling him at all. Most owners got great value and are likely off to a strong start making it more realistic that they can hold onto him and plug the hole with another back. Again, unless I am bowled over on an offer, I am holding steady.

Reggie Bush doesn't strike me as the type that will play injured or through pain.

Considering the timing means he will play maybe 3 games the remainder of the fantasy season, I would try trading him for what I can get ASAP.

i have no information to back this but just like last year when reggie would miss a "small amount of time" only to be ruled out for the year, i could seeing the same case in the next few weeks. i am planning on him being out the year but will hold onto him just incase i am surprised.again, just my opinion with no medical or any other scoop on the situation.
Torn ACL vs torn Meniscus. They're not in the same ball park. And now that he has seen Dr Andrews who indicated that he recommends missing the full 4 weeks rather than trying to come back sooner, I'm feeling good about this. Out 4-5 weeks (allowing for a set back), let him prove he's fully back for a week, then will plan to start him for the playoffs. Perhaps it doesn't work out that way, but there is no mystery about what was torn and what was not and Dr. Andrews has already weighed in.

I think it will depend on the Saints win/loss record when Bush COULD return as to whether or not he does. If the Saints dont go at least 2-2 over the next 4 weeks, they will be eliminated from the playoffs (effectively), and there's no reason to rush him back.

I just made a move to acquire Reggie today planning, on him returning in 4 weeks or so. I landed him for Edge/Hightower.

Personally, I think this is a panic move on the former Bush owner's part to sell him.

Reggie's knee has been swelling since preseason, and as the owner of a meniscus tear myself, I am sure he'll be back sooner than later now that it has been cleared up.

How can you argue with his playoff schedule, especially Wk 16? I think if you own him, and have the roster depth to stash him, then keep him. If not, dont let him go for cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread