What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Wayne moves to top 5 this season! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzatyme

Footballguy
I know there are the bashers who say Reggie is an average WR who wouldn't be as good in other systems. That doesn't matter! He is in the Colts system!I am a season ticket holder and am convinced that this is the season he distances himself from Marvin.Here are some of the factors I base my judgement on:Harrison still gets the double coverageDallas Clark will be good but not proven to stay healthyStokley is banged up and due to come back to reality this season.He is also playing for the big contract!Reggie Wayne (I think) will be the #1 option inside the 5 yl and I look for him to blow up.125/1450/15The bandwaggon line is now forming!Edit for spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully expect Wayne to finally emerge as the #1 WR in Indy this year and will be surprised if any other WR outscores him.

Reggie Wayne will be the #1 option inside the 5 yl and I look for him to blow up.

125/1450/15
I hope you're right bro. I've got the Manning to Wayne connection on one of my two teams. :excited:

Easy to laugh now, but don't forget I told you so. And if it doesn't happen, you can roll around laughing all you want. I'll see you here in week #4!

I fully expect Wayne to finally emerge as the #1 WR in Indy this year and will be surprised if any other WR outscores him.
That is a pretty strong statement. :thumbup:

I believe. I've heard from many Indy ticket holders who think the same. Also fresh on my mind is Wayne going ape**** in the playoffs for over 2hundy.

Lets just say I had Harrison on many of my teams last year and could not shake the fact that in most of the INDY games I watched last year, Wayne just looks like a beter WR at this point. Now, Harrison, Stoke, etc can still have their strong season but personally, I just can see anyone else outperforming him this year.

Lets just say I had Harrison on many of my teams last year and could not shake the fact that in most of the INDY games I watched last year, Wayne just looks like a beter WR at this point. Now, Harrison, Stoke, etc can still have their strong season but personally, I just can see anyone else outperforming him this year.
Guess I misread. Thought you were saying he would be the top WR in the NFL.

I also like Wayne a lot this year, and think it is time for him to take over the #1 spot on the team."Including the Playoffs" he actually was the #1 WR for Indy last year outscoring Harrison.Wayne:90/1466/14 = 230.6 pts (320.6 pts in PPR scoring)Harrison:95/1207/15 = 210.7 pts (305.7 pts in PPR scoring)Considering I was able to grab Wayne 2 rounds and 1 pick after Harrison was taken, and as the #12 WR compared to the #2 WR, even if he doesn't outscore him he is a better value.

Wayne 12 TDs

Harrison 11 TDs

Stokely 8 TDs
I really see it more like:Wayne 15

Harrison 10

Stokley 5

Clark 4

Mungro 2

All others 4-6 combined.
The resaon that Stokely had so many scores last year was the fact that he lined up in the slot and drew the oppostion's third best cover guy. As far as I know, he'll line up there again.To what do you attribute such a big drop off?

I like Wayne a lot this year....but don't you think it's a matter of time until defenses start shifting the double coverage his way?

Guess I misread. Thought you were saying he would be the top WR in the NFL.
Actually, you are correct. I do think Wayne will end up being not only the #1 Indy WR, but #1 overall WR in the NFL this season.

Wayne 12 TDs

Harrison 11 TDs

Stokely 8 TDs
I really see it more like:Wayne 15

Harrison 10

Stokley 5

Clark 4

Mungro 2

All others 4-6 combined.
The resaon that Stokely had so many scores last year was the fact that he lined up in the slot and drew the oppostion's third best cover guy. As far as I know, he'll line up there again.To what do you attribute such a big drop off?
A few reasons:Manning coming back to Earth a bit

Teams have had a chance to game-plan for Stokley

Stok is banged up and has shown a tendancy to not play full seasons

Everything went right last season for the passing game. First time ever 3 WR's caught 10 TD's each. If Manning reverts closer to the mean, I think this especially impacts what primarily helped him to get there last season.

I like Wayne a lot this year....but don't you think it's a matter of time until defenses start shifting the double coverage his way?
I don't think so until Marvin shows he is slowing down. I think Wayne excels in the timing route. I don't think teams are worried at this point of his breakaway speed.This will change when there is an equalization of speed between him and Marvin.

Why the hell would Wayne need 125 catches to get only 1450 yards?

Thats not even 12 yards a catch.
You're absolutely correct! I'll reduce the catches to 108. Have a nice day! :bye:

Reggie Wayne will be the #1 option inside the 5 yl and I look for him to blow up.
according to the data dominator, in 2004, it was 8 targets to 5 - Wayne v. Harrison - inside the 5 yard line, with each grabbing 3 TDs. Harrison was more productive on three fewer targets.Comparable stats - inside the 5, there were comparable stats the year before, too. Therefore, as a season ticket holder, could you justify the above statement somehow?Also, if you want to expand this to inside the 15 or inside the 20 for a larger sample pool, in both 2004 and 2003, Harrison was dominant in targets and production (esp, when you factor in he was injured in 2003).I really fail to see the justification for predicting Wayne starts to see more passes in the red zone, inside the 15, or inside the 5. Isn't that decision usually MANNING'S - not WAYNE'S??

I don't know why but "have a nice day" just cracked me up.I like Wayne a lot this year as well. He should have very similar stats to Harrison. I would say he has more talent than Andre Johnson.

according to the data dominator, in 2004, it was 8 targets to 5 - Wayne v. Harrison - inside the 5 yard line, with each grabbing 3 TDs. Harrison was more productive on three fewer targets.Comparable stats - inside the 5, there were comparable stats the year before, too. Therefore, as a season ticket holder, could you justify the above statement somehow?

Also, if you want to expand this to inside the 15 or inside the 20 for a larger sample pool, in both 2004 and 2003, Harrison was dominant in targets and production (esp, when you factor in he was injured in 2003).

I really fail to see the justification for predicting Wayne starts to see more passes in the red zone, inside the 15, or inside the 5. Isn't that decision usually MANNING'S - not WAYNE'S??
Marc, Isn't it nice to sit there and have the tools you have to dissect every detail in the NFL?I base my forecast on the fact that I FEEL that Marvin begins to show signs of slowing down this season.

Do you have an AGE Dominator? If so, what does it say about 30+ yo WRs?

Marc, can you accurately predict for the board when Marvin Harrison will slow down? When his numbers will drop off?

If so, please do. I think this would be great for the board.

I watch nearly every play of every game and some games twice. I saw that last season Harrison started to show more frustration when others were catching the balls and glory. The stuff they don't show on TV. I saw Marvin pi$$ed that he only had 3 TD's after 5 weeks last year. I saw Manning start to feed Marvin when the Colts had other options wide open to keep Marvin happy.

I feel like Manning is true in what he says that Wayne is one of his favorite players on the team. There were so many times last season Wayne was WIDE open and Manning still tossed it to Harrison for a nice gainer. Was it because he didn't trust Wayne of because he wanted to keep his man happy? I choose the latter.

If I am wrong, then so be it. Time will tell. If I am right, then there is no ____ Dominator that can prove me right until AFTER the fact.

This is how I justify my position. Not to mention that Wayne is a much more physical target than Marvin. Does it say something to you that Wayne had 8 targets to Harrison's 5 inside the 5yl? It does to me!

I hope this clears any confusion about how I drew my conclusion.

now now, pizza - there is no reason to be obnoxious.I asked a genuine question and provided staistical support for my alternative opinion. Yes, it IS nice to have all the tools - and those sharks with FBGuy subscriptions enjoy being able to access those applications as well.Now, as to your position - you stated "Wayne WILL . . ."not "I THINK Wayne will . . ."On these boards we question opinions stated as fact and ask for them to be backed up - that is what I was doing. Especially when all the statistical data does NOT point to the situation you described happening THIS year, I think I am fully justified questioning your opinion stated as fact.

Does it say something to you that Wayne had 8 targets to Harrison's 5 inside the 5yl? It does to me!
Me too - especially when they had comparable production on those very similar target numbers inside the 5.
I saw that last season Harrison started to show more frustration when others were catching the balls and glory. The stuff they don't show on TV. I saw Marvin pi$$ed that he only had 3 TD's after 5 weeks last year. I saw Manning start to feed Marvin when the Colts had other options wide open to keep Marvin happy.
Was it because he didn't trust Wayne of because he wanted to keep his man happy? I choose the latter.
This would indicate Harrison will be demanding the ball more this year, don't you think? And getting it considering Harrison is signed for a few more years?I still fail to see a justification for your opinion stated as fact - you are a season ticket holder. Tell me something about Wayne I don't know that make you think he'll be the guy inside the 5. Three more targets last year - and comparable production between the players - and Harrison being dominant the last two years inside the 20 and inside the 15 - don't indicate support for your opinion.

I watch nearly every play of every game and some games twice.
WTF? Please seek help.IIRC Manning and Wayne got into it on the sideline last year?
What's your point? That is was caught on tv? Do you think that was the only instance of 2 players getting into it on the sidelines last season?As for the watching of the games. I go to every game at home. I went to 2 road games. I watch all others on tv. It was on of the greatest offensive seasons in history last year. i would guess that I'm not alone in the fact that I watched some games twice. You do it every time you watch the same episode of Sportscenter more than once. Same difference. :rolleyes:

now now, pizza - there is no reason to be obnoxious.

I asked a genuine question and provided staistical support for my alternative opinion.  Yes, it IS nice to have all the tools - and those sharks with FBGuy subscriptions enjoy being able to access those applications as well.

Now, as to your position - you stated "Wayne WILL . . ."

not "I THINK Wayne will . . ."

On these boards we question opinions stated as fact and ask for them to be backed up - that is what I was doing. Especially when all the statistical data does NOT point to the situation you described happening THIS year, I think I am fully justified questioning your opinion stated as fact.

Does it say something to you that Wayne had 8 targets to Harrison's 5 inside the 5yl? It does to me!
Me too - especially when they had comparable production on those very similar target numbers inside the 5.
I saw that last season Harrison started to show more frustration when others were catching the balls and glory. The stuff they don't show on TV. I saw Marvin pi$$ed that he only had 3 TD's after 5 weeks last year. I saw Manning start to feed Marvin when the Colts had other options wide open to keep Marvin happy.
Was it because he didn't trust Wayne of because he wanted to keep his man happy? I choose the latter.
This would indicate Harrison will be demanding the ball more this year, don't you think? And getting it considering Harrison is signed for a few more years?I still fail to see a justification for your opinion stated as fact - you are a season ticket holder. Tell me something about Wayne I don't know that make you think he'll be the guy inside the 5. Three more targets last year - and comparable production between the players - and Harrison being dominant the last two years inside the 20 and inside the 15 - don't indicate support for your opinion.
Well Mr. Lavin, I guess I stand corrected. I would have thought that since I am the source for what I type, that it would have been inderstood that it was my opinion.I will make sure to choose my words more wisely IF I ever post on the board again. I thought I said "These are the factors I base MY JUDGEMENT on" Maybe I misread my original post?

As for stating facts...your argument makes no sense to me. Will Deion Branch be the leading wr for the Pats this season? According to who? Based on the pre-season stats? Based on last years stats?

Will Stephen Davis be the starter this year for the Panthers? According to who? Based on what a coach had said? Do coaches ever lie?

All we can do is crunch the numbers. I do it. I am a subscriber. I have access to all of those tools. Then we interject our gut feeling. Or maybe you just blindly go by what the Draft Dominator tells you to do? Is this true?

I guess I stated my opinion. I will go back and correct my original post as to not confuse you or mislead any of the other readers on these boards.

Thank you for your insight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like waye and have him on my fantasy team but I am not blinded enough to think he is a better fantasy receiver than Moss. I think his numbers will be similar to Harrison's. I would be happy with a top 5 finish for him.

wow - pizzatyme - you are getting WAY too senesitive - and aggressively not being excellent - in your responses.There was no snideness in my statistical analysis.There is a lot of it in your responses.I was - and am - asking you to back up your position. That's what we do here.

I don't want to get in the middle of you guys, but do the stats I posted earlier, "Including playoffs" mean anything. Wayne did outscore Harrison in their 18 total games last year, if my math is correct.Wayne:90/1466/14 = 230.6 pts (320.6 pts in PPR scoring)Harrison:95/1207/15 = 210.7 pts (305.7 pts in PPR scoring)

I know there are the bashers who say Reggie is an average WR who wouldn't be as good in other systems. That doesn't matter! He is in the Colts system!

I am a season ticket holder and am convinced that this is the season he distances himself from Marvin.

Here are some of the factors I base my judgement on:

Harrison still gets the double coverage

Dallas Clark will be good but not proven to stay healthy

Stokley is banged up and due to come back to reality this season.

He is also playing for the big contract!

Reggie Wayne (I think) will be the #1 option inside the 5 yl and I look for him to blow up.

125/1450/15

The bandwaggon line is now forming!

Edit for spelling.
Corrected on all accounts!

I don't want to get in the middle of you guys, but do the stats I posted earlier, "Including playoffs" mean anything. Wayne did outscore Harrison in their 18 total games last year, if my math is correct.

Wayne:

90/1466/14 = 230.6 pts (320.6 pts in PPR scoring)

Harrison:

95/1207/15 = 210.7 pts (305.7 pts in PPR scoring)
I never doubted that Wayne might be top-5 this year or might outscore Harrison.

Marc, I think there was enough information for you to conclude that it was my opinion I was stating to start this thread. It is so easy for "sharks" to lurk and pounce and dissect nearly every thread started. If you could not conclude that it was my OPINION, then I am sorry for mis-leading you.I think I will take a break from beginning threads (I think I've started 3 in the last 6 months) and sit back and play the shark's role.That is a fact in my opinion!

No, pizza - there really wasn't enough info there - you prefaced the statement with the "season ticket holder" thing - making it sound as if you knew something about Wayne being the man inside the 5 yard line - SPECIFICALLY INSIDE THE FIVE YARD LINE, BTW - which naturally asks every other shark to explore WHY you think he'll suddenly - this year in particular - be the CLEAR g/l receiving TD threat.He has not previously been the "clear #1 guy" for the Clots, so I naturally asked you to support your position somehow.You are really being oversensitive here - you are the one who made the statement - whether you stated it as opinion or as fact, when you state something like that here, you should expect to be questioned on it.

i thought banter like this was reserved for the FFA
nope - it's on football and not personal - at least not personal in anything I have posted.I'm not talking about shtick or Bush's foreign policies or whether some chick is hotter than another.

No, pizza - there really wasn't enough info there - you prefaced the statement with the "season ticket holder" thing - making it sound as if you knew something about Wayne being the man inside the 5 yard line - SPECIFICALLY INSIDE THE FIVE YARD LINE, BTW - which naturally asks every other shark to explore WHY you think he'll suddenly - this year in particular - be the CLEAR g/l receiving TD threat.

He has not previously been the "clear #1 guy" for the Clots, so I naturally asked you to support your position somehow.

You are really being oversensitive here - you are the one who made the statement - whether you stated it as opinion or as fact, when you state something like that here, you should expect to be questioned on it.
My being a season ticket holder was only stated to point out that I "might" know more about "my" team than the average joe or Jill toting around the Stat Dominator on his or her laptop. I'm sorry if I misled the board into thinking that I had the undisclosed inside scoop on exactly what will happen with the Colts this season.Therefore, based on the facts of the preseason, here is my opinion of how the season will go offensively for the Colts...

Aaron Morehead will be the leading WR in catches and yards for the Colts this season.

TE Ben Utecht will outproduce Marvin Harrison in both Catches and Rec. Yards this season.

also, based on Peyton Manning's 0.80 TDs/preseason game, I THINK he will end up around 15TDs this season.

I hope this information helps as I based it on the facts of the pre-season!

While Wayne is probably on the way up and Harrison on the way down, how "surprised" could you really be if Harrison winds up outscoring Wayne?

I Kept Wayne over Gates, Andre Johnson and Jamal Lewis -- fully expecting him to exceed his stats from last year.In that offense... even if Harrision is considered the #1... Wayne is like #1A.:offeringupsacrificetokeeppeytonhealthy:

My being a season ticket holder was only stated to point out that I "might" know more about "my" team than the average joe or Jill toting around the Stat Dominator on his or her laptop.
Yeah - exactly, pizzatyme - so show that knowledge instead of turning on the "obnoxious-meter" to 11.Many folks actually consider "homer-ism" a negative in discussing fantasy projections. Show me you actually have knowledge instead of "fandome" in making your statement that Wayne's now SUDDENLY the man inside the 5.Seems to me that you can't - so, instead, you are getting your back up and making obnoxious, snide statements directed at me.

My being a season ticket holder was only stated to point out that I "might" know more about "my" team than the average joe or Jill toting around the Stat Dominator on his or her laptop.
Yeah - exactly, pizzatyme - so show that knowledge instead of turning on the "obnoxious-meter" to 11.Many folks actually consider "homer-ism" a negative in discussing fantasy projections. Show me you actually have knowledge instead of "fandome" in making your statement that Wayne's now SUDDENLY the man inside the 5.

Seems to me that you can't - so, instead, you are getting your back up and making obnoxious, snide statements directed at me.
Marc, show me your knowledge about the Colts! Tell me your projections, based on your infinite resources. Then, whadda ya say we agree to rehash this issue around week 8 and see who comes closer to their projections, whether they be based on mindless homerism or "statistical knowledge". Fair enough?

Lots of good thoughts here.If I had the blind choice of 2 WRs that both caught 3 TDs from inside the 5, but one got 3 more targets, I'd choose the guy with more targets.Boot. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread