What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Remember when Alex Smith beat Drew Brees in a shootout? (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
That was a great game. Maybe Alex Smith has got the goods? If Flacco can win a Championship, why can't Smith?

Could do worse than Bowe and Charles. Do the Chiefs have the personnel to compete in a high scoring game?

Smith can run for 1, throw for 2.

Charles can run for 1.

That's 28 points there. Between him and Charles someone can probably step up.

Good point. Versus the Broncos in week 11 and 13, Smith should make for a solid play against high scoring teams with soft pass defenses. Just the type of guy I'm looking for to get me into the playoffs.

Paging Drummer to the white courtesy teleph. - Never mind.

;)

Seriously though - Alex Smith's skills and weaknesses are well known by everyone at this point. Great character and high integrity. Solid player and game manager. Can make some deep throws, but not consistently enough to win games like the SF-NO Shootout with any regularity.

It sure was one hell of a game to watch though. Probably in my top 15 of all time.

That game never happened.
I was trying to think if their college years overlapped and Purdue played Utah, but no, you are correct. That game never happened unless he's referring to Alex Smith's 7.1 YPA performance in the 2011 playoffs. Dinking and dunking =/= beating someone. SF allowed 14.3 ppg that year while the Saints allowed 21.2. His 299 yard performance was only 39 yards above the average performance against the Saints.

Also, why the eff is this a new topic?

BaBastage said:

;)

Seriously though - Alex Smith's skills and weaknesses are well known by everyone at this point. Great character and high integrity. Solid player and game manager. Can make some deep throws, but not consistently enough to win games like the SF-NO Shootout with any regularity.

It sure was one hell of a game to watch though. Probably in my top 15 of all time.
That game was more Roman calling the right plays at the right time - the Wham/Smith run play, and then setting up Vernon Davis to be left wide open for the final TD, and the great execution of those plays from Smith and the rest of the offense. But it also was Gregg Williams having brain farts and getting schooled by Roman as well.

How's your Walgreens career going? Could you update us?
Talked the Shift Lead position over with management a few times. It seems they want me to wait for my annual review before pushing me in that direction. However, yesterday my Manager said that he may be put in a position to promote me "sooner than he wants to".

*shrugs*

BaBastage said:

;)

That game was more Roman calling the right plays at the right time - the Wham/Smith run play, and then setting up Vernon Davis to be left wide open for the final TD, and the great execution of those plays from Smith and the rest of the offense. But it also was Gregg Williams having brain farts and getting schooled by Roman as well.
Ha well said, Gregg loved to say "dare ya". Well, ok, then Gregg, thank you very much for leaving Vernon undercovered yet again.

Btw: I think we can all be proud that our franchises were in one of the best playoff games ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread