What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Report - Aaron Rodgers' injury "doesn't look good." (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
A Packers source tells ESPN's Ed Werder that Aaron Rodgers' injury "doesn't look good."
The swelling in Rodgers' non-throwing shoulder/collarbone prevented an exact diagnosis Monday night. He's headed for a Tuesday MRI. Werder asked his source if Rodgers could miss the rest of the regular season, and got a "possibly, but they need to see more" response. Fantasy owners need to be making other Week 10 plans as they prepare to put in waiver claims Tuesday. Even in a best-case scenario, it doesn't sound like Rodgers will be playing against the Eagles.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) could be sidelined about three weeks.
Initial tests showed a small fracture in Rodgers' collarbone. Per Schefter, the Packers don't want to make any official determination until their quarterback undergoes even more testing Tuesday. But if this three-week timetable proves accurate, Rodgers would target the Week 13 Thanksgiving game against the Lions for his return. It's a blessing for fantasy owners, as he'd be back for the fantasy playoffs. The Packers sound like they'll stick with Seneca Wallace as their interim starter despite his woeful Monday Night relief performance. They essentially chose Wallace over old friend Matt Flynn earlier this season. Scott Tolzien is on the Packers' practice squad.
Schefty also told us that Cobb could be back 2 weeks after his injury and the next day he was IR'd.

KellysHeroes said:
missed the injury thread, merge or delete please
Really curious why you thought, after 8AM on the day after a huge MNF game, there wasn't a thread for this already. I know you say you missed it, but use some common sense and look harder next time. There's no way there wasn't an injury thread started within 30 seconds of the shot of Rodgers in street clothes during the game.

KellysHeroes said:
Really curious why you thought, after 8AM on the day after a huge MNF game, there wasn't a thread for this already. I know you say you missed it, but use some common sense and look harder next time. There's no way there wasn't an injury thread started within 30 seconds of the shot of Rodgers in street clothes during the game.
:rant:

Jeebus- lighten up, Francis. ;)

KellysHeroes said:

Yeah, he really went Incognito on that guy. :gang2:

KellysHeroes said:
Way to bump it after it was falling off the front page.

KellysHeroes said:
Now what? :popcorn:

KellysHeroes said:
Thank you

KellysHeroes said:

Yeah, he really went Incognito on that guy. :gang2:
Only 2 ####s in the mouth on the Incognito scale.

Has there ever been a good injury?
Yeah, I'm trying to think of an injury that 'looks good' but drawing a blank.
Tommy John? You get the injury, then the surgery, and it actually improves your pitching ability. Some kids are voluntarily getting the Tommy John Surgery in college now.
I fractured my ankle before. Got a handicap parking pass, early boarding on airplanes and an excuse to lay on the couch a lot. Best injury I've ever had.

Yup, and they cheered pretty loudly when Shaub got hurt. Fans thought his injury looked great.

Now what? :popcorn:
Waiting to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread