What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rg3 owners meeting (1 Viewer)

What are people's thoughts on play calling? I avoided Skin's RB cause of typical Shananagans. Now I'm worried he'll do it w/ RGIII. Not to get into a WSIS, but I've got Romo too. Think they both have roughly same floor value, but if Shanahan takes away RGIII's designed runs, his ceiling value goes way down as he's only had 3 games for 300yds passing this yr. Anybody think Shanahan will change game plan, or let him play his normal game?
Remember last game against the Eagles (14/15 for 200 with 4 TD's)...he got you to the playoffs, don't sit your studs.

What are people's thoughts on play calling? I avoided Skin's RB cause of typical Shananagans. Now I'm worried he'll do it w/ RGIII. Not to get into a WSIS, but I've got Romo too. Think they both have roughly same floor value, but if Shanahan takes away RGIII's designed runs, his ceiling value goes way down as he's only had 3 games for 300yds passing this yr. Anybody think Shanahan will change game plan, or let him play his normal game?
No indication they would do anything they wouldn't ordinarily do. Teams who are in the hunt for the playoffs don't suddenly change their stripes. I wouldn't expect 4 TDs like last meeting, but if you can tolerate 250/2 with a few rushing yards tacked on (he still will run), then start with confidence. Philly's defense is pretty bad.

'chad in Indy said:
A big part of why hes only had 3 games of 300+ yards passing is because hes been too busy being one of the best rushing QBs ever.

'chad in Indy said:
A big part of why hes only had 3 games of 300+ yards passing is because hes been too busy being one of the best rushing QBs ever.
That's my point and question. I'm asking for people's opinion on Shanahan changing the play calling to protect him and significantly hurting his fantasy value.

'chad in Indy said:
That's my point and question. I'm asking for people's opinion on Shanahan changing the play calling to protect him and significantly hurting his fantasy value.
Exactly the question to ask. Same boat Romo or RG3 lots on the line! Personally, I don't think Shanahan will alter the game plan too much. Plus, part of me wants to believe that RG3 wants to show he is healthy and nothing has changed. Guess those of us who do start him will just have to wait and find out. Let it BE fun :)

I hate these off night games. I have RG and Matt Ryan, I have to make my decision tonight.

I'm most likely going with Griffin.

Good luck to u guys. Gonna roll Romo over him. Just think it will be a lot more Morris than RGIII and can't risk an early exit by him. Hope they both put up solid #'s

'chad in Indy said:
Good luck to u guys. Gonna roll Romo over him. Just think it will be a lot more Morris than RGIII and can't risk an early exit by him. Hope they both put up solid #'s
Looks like that was the play. I'm getting housed in my superbowl. RG3 is not helping.

Ok, of those that rolled with him, did it cost you?

I won one in a low scoring affair. Hindsight rolling with Russell Wilson would have been better. I don't think it was the wrong decision, but I think if this "run" of solid to good games was one week earlier, I may have been swayed in Wilson's favor.

I lost one by such a large margin that it didn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread