What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Richie Anderson retires a Jet (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
I saw this in the transactions columnNEW YORK JETS-Signed FB Richie Anderson and announced his retirement.I enjoyed watching Richie play. Any NY or Dallas papers do an article on this?

I saw this in the transactions column

NEW YORK JETS-Signed FB Richie Anderson and announced his retirement.

I enjoyed watching Richie play. Any NY or Dallas papers do an article on this?
I didn't see an article in the NY papers, but there's a press release on the team's site.

I forgot he was still in the league. Wow one of the unsung heroes, who would have been better known if the fullback was used like in the 70's and earlier.... He was a damn fine player...... :thumbup:

Congrats to Richie.Very valuable player for Gang Green, and a good team guy.Hope he winds up coaching somewhere.

Ah, a Penn Stater and a J-E-T. Perfect!His time was up, but a few years ago, he did all the little things right. He was huge in the Jets run to the AFC championship game a few years back.

Ah, a Penn Stater and a J-E-T. Perfect!

His time was up, but a few years ago, he did all the little things right. He was huge in the Jets run to the AFC championship game a few years back.
one of my favorite memories of him is when the Jets had an insane run of bad luck with WRs getting hurt. He lined up at WR for much of one week. Guys that didn't follow football so closely were all "FB playing WR? yeah that'll work" and he did pretty darn well. Curtis got some time at WR that week too and it was just an odd but neat week to watch the Jets

Lotsa love for Anderson here... :wub: But man, that fumble along the sidelines in Denver as he fought for yardage.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread