What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ricky Williams trade rumors (1 Viewer)

Dolfan

Footballguy
Sorry I don't have a link, but it was supposedly on CBS4 in Miami yesterday, some blurb about the Broncos being interested in Ricky Williams.Supposedly either a 2nd or 3rd round pick (both very late in the rounds). Possibly the 3rd packaged with a 6th or 7th..Houston also is rumored to have interest. They might offer their 3rd (much higher 3rd round pick), or David Carr in a rare player-for-player swap...Just some fun stuff to think about right now....

Sorry I don't have a link, but it was supposedly on CBS4 in Miami yesterday, some blurb about the Broncos being interested in Ricky Williams.

Supposedly either a 2nd or 3rd round pick (both very late in the rounds). Possibly the 3rd packaged with a 6th or 7th..

Houston also is rumored to have interest. They might offer their 3rd (much higher 3rd round pick), or David Carr in a rare player-for-player swap...

Just some fun stuff to think about right now....
Denver won't be happy until their entire team is composed of Running Backs. :confused: :no: The Houston trade sounds good to me. That way Houston can get a stud RB (other than DD :confused: ) and get rid of Carr, trade down and pick up Vince Young (assuming he slips come draft day...he or Cutler will probably slip by that time...happens every year...look at Aaron Rodgers) and use their newly acquired 2nd or 3rd round pick (assuming they trade down) on O-line help. :thumbup:

Sorry I don't have a link, but it was supposedly on CBS4 in Miami yesterday, some blurb about the Broncos being interested in Ricky Williams.

Supposedly either a 2nd or 3rd round pick (both very late in the rounds).  Possibly the 3rd packaged with a 6th or 7th..

Houston also is rumored to have interest.  They might offer their 3rd (much higher 3rd round pick), or David Carr in a rare player-for-player swap...

Denver won't be happy until their entire team is composed of Running Backs. :confused: :no: The Houston trade sounds good to me. That way Houston can get a stud RB (other than DD :confused: ) and get rid of Carr, trade down and pick up Vince Young (assuming he slips come draft day...he or Cutler will probably slip by that time...happens every year...look at Aaron Rodgers) and use their newly acquired 2nd or 3rd round pick (assuming they trade down) on O-line help. :thumbup:
But does that work for Miami.. I personally don't like it because I think there's only so much you can blame on the O-line. I think David Carr = Rob Johnson. But some would disagree with me and think Carr has a lot of potential in the right system....Do most people here think Carr is worth giving up a very cheap, very good 1A RB for?

Last edited by a moderator:

Supposedly either a 2nd or 3rd round pick (both very late in the rounds).  Possibly the 3rd packaged with a 6th or 7th..

Houston also is rumored to have interest.  They might offer their 3rd (much higher 3rd round pick), or David Carr in a rare player-for-player swap...

But does that work for Miami.. I personally don't like it because I think there's only so much you can blame on the O-line. I think David Carr = Rob Johnson. But some would disagree with me and think Carr has a lot of potential in the right system....Do most people here think Carr is worth giving up a very cheap, very good 1A RB for?
I think it could be good for Miami. They would be getting a young qb with "potential" and be getting rid of a distraction in a spacecase rb like Ricky. Ronnie Brown will be fine as the #1 Rb and with Ricky there breathing down his neck it would be a distraction. I think this works for both sides.Disclaimer: I am not a football GM, nor do I play one on TV...but I should be.

Another Texan trade scenario . . .Texans draft Ferguson to protect Carr. They trade their #2 pick (33 overall) for Ricky Williams.I'm sure Saban is hoping he gets more teams involved with hopes a bidding war ensues. Will someone give up a 1st for Ricky? I guess anything can happen if you consider the Jets gave up their 1st rd pick for Doug Jolley just last year.

they said the same things about Plummer ( that he is a bust), and Shanahan rode him to the championship game..took drew brees a few years before the light went on,too..same with rich gannon, trent green, phil simms...not a big Carr fan myself, but that oline set the single season record for sacks allowed, didn't it? the Fish have an outstanding o-line coach...maybe, just maybe it works for miami!

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont see why people think the Texans main problem lies at RBit doesntDomanick Davis is fine, and even Vernand Morency is capabletheir problem lies at WR and at OL, and you're not gonna sure up the entire OL by drafting one playerpeople think too much in terms of fantasy football and not enough in terms of real life footballin real life football, the skill position players rely a heck of alot more on the lineman than they do each otherif you have no line, you have team, period

I guess anything can happen if you consider the Jets gave up their 1st rd pick for Doug Jolley just last year.
That was so bad.
You mean because it did not happen?
Acquired by the Jets on April 21, 2005 along with a second round selection (#47 overall from Houston through Oakland) and two sixth round draft choices, #182 from Arizona through Oakland and #185 from Dallas through Oakland, in exchange for the Jets’ first round draft choice in 2005 (#26 overall) and a seventh round selection, #230 overall from Minnesota through the Jets.

I guess anything can happen if you consider the Jets gave up their 1st rd pick for Doug Jolley just last year.
That was so bad.
Acquired by the Jets on April 21, 2005 along with a second round selection (#47 overall from Houston through Oakland) and two sixth round draft choices, #182 from Arizona through Oakland and #185 from Dallas through Oakland, in exchange for the Jets’ first round draft choice in 2005 (#26 overall) and a seventh round selection, #230 overall from Minnesota through the Jets.
Thanks for making my point for me. He was not traded for a 1st. He was part of a move up from the second round for the Raiders.

Well since we are on the subject I was thinking, as a Seahawk fan ,if Shawn left I would love to get Ricky. He would do well behind the "Mighty Seahawk line".....Maybe too much B.C. but up there for Ricky might get into too much trouble. :P

That was so bad.
Raiders get: Fabian Washington (traded Jets #26 [Chris Spencer] and #105 [Ray Willis])Jets get: Doug Jolley, Mike Nugent (Raiders #47), and Cedric Houston (Raiders #182)

Users who are viewing this thread