What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ridley vs. The Jets (1 Viewer)

Hank Mardukas

Footballguy
Sorry if this is already being discussed elsewhere, but I don't see a thread on it. I've been benching Ridley for the last 3 weeks, and it looks like he's finally gotten his act together. I have some decent options to start in place of him, so I want to know what I should expect against the Jets. They look like a tough team to run on, but I haven't really watched them much. Anyone still benching Ridley or is it all systems go?

I started him last week and will do so again this week. I don't have any better options, really (quizz, Pierce, joique).

I'm sure Ridley will only have 40 yards and a 50% chance for a TD, but it's better than my other options.

Maybe Quizz over him, but he plays TB and Tampa doesn't really have to respect anything in the passing game, so I could see them bringing a lot of pressure and/or stacking the box.

all of us *ridley owners* are going to chase the points from last week b/c we burned a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him, and he finally had a good game (on most of our benches). my only other options are mcgaehee / mendenhall, so i'll probably start him. just praying he doesn't fumble early in the game and head to the bench.

i'm sure all of us would LOVE that 75/TD prediction.

Yeah... starting Randle and Terrance Williams over him in flex spots this week. After 5 weeks of complete trash production I want to see more from him before I go slotting him in my lineup to plod away at 40 yards again. If he does put up the 75/1TD line this week against a TOUGH NYJ defense? Then he'll be in my lineups from here on out.

Not a good week to get him back in, Jets D-line is tough. If Ridley does anything this week, he'll have earned a spot in your lineup next week. I still think it's a wait & see, unless you're hammered by bye week/injury issues.

I don't have anyone other options. Ridley played great against the Jets last year. Your run defense isn't the same when you play a guy like Tom Brady. If Gronk plays that will open up things in 3rd and 1 as well.

He only had 16 carries for 40 yards week 1 so it's a gamble. Not many other options since I play in a league that stars 3rbs...

You would be foolish to start Ridley this week.
Not great - but pretty routinely ranked 30th or so. Just depends on your options. I am struggling with Mathews as a disappoint and Ridley as a bigger disappointment. Mathews is hovering around low 20's in most sites. Even with those rankings I am struggling starting Mathews - maybe this is the game he actually scores.

Depends who else you have this week. But after this week, week 8 to 15 he has fantastic match ups. I just don't like any running backs against the Jets run defense.

Not great - but pretty routinely ranked 30th or so. Just depends on your options. I am struggling with Mathews as a disappoint and Ridley as a bigger disappointment. Mathews is hovering around low 20's in most sites. Even with those rankings I am struggling starting Mathews - maybe this is the game he actually scores.
I have both Mathews and Ridley rostered in a Dynasty league and I couldn't start either this week.

Bobbyn2022 said:
He only had 16 carries for 40 yards week 1 so it's a gamble. Not many other options since I play in a league that stars 3rbs...
That was also a Thursday night game where Brady had less passing game weapons and it was raining.

I agree he's not a good bet this week but it's hard not to start a guy that is a lock for 15 touches.

I can't say that Ridley will do better with Gronk in his first game, but I can tell you this.....After I successfully traded for Gronkowski, I then specifically targeted Ridley. I think the two make a hell of a combo in the run game.

I am torn between Ridley and D Martin , I my go with Martin, this last chance, then he is going to my bench

I have both Mathews and Ridley rostered in a Dynasty league and I couldn't start either this week.
Now you understand what I have done to myself.

I don't have anyone other options. Ridley played great against the Jets last year. Your run defense isn't the same when you play a guy like Tom Brady. If Gronk plays that will open up things in 3rd and 1 as well.
Ridley had 40 yards on 16 carries (2.5 ypc) in Week 2. I'm pretty sure The Jets were playing against Tom Brady in that game.

Ridley had 40 yards on 16 carries (2.5 ypc) in Week 2. I'm pretty sure The Jets were playing against Tom Brady in that game.
Does Gronk make a difference? Both from a run blocking perspective as well as forcing the defense to respect the pass more?

True...Hoping gronk will help?
It's possible. In addition to being a weapon that needs to be accounted for he's a hell of a blocker.

I was fully intent on running with Ridley this week, until the Gronk news came out.

I mean if we are relying on red zone touches for his success they have just effectively been cut in half.

Now I'm seriously considering picking up Silent G as a plug-and-play (ppr format). :shrug:

Anybody think bolden has an ok week with the pats knowing they can't just run up the gut with Ridley?

(Yes I may have to start bolden)

Users who are viewing this thread