What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Greatest Tweeter Ever (1 Viewer)

RIP --  I'm unaware of his Twitter feed, though.

But isn't Nihilist Arby's the greatest tweeter ever?

JK, RIP Congressman

Last edited by a moderator:
TIL John Dingell was a 15 year old Congressional page - his father was a Michigan Representative for 22 years - who was on the floor when FDR gave his December 8, 1941 "Day in Infamy" speech.

Served a record 59+ years as a Congressman. And yep, world class Tweeter.

R.I.P.

ep. Ted Deutch  @RepTedDeutch

20m

When I got to Congress, John sat me down to give me advice: “You’re not important. It’s what you can now do to help others that’s important. If you never forget that, you’ll do fine.”

John never forgot, and he helped millions. A very fine life indeed. RIP 

@JohnDingell

"As this Congress begins, a bit of advice for new Members that I received back in 1955: For the next six months you're going to wonder how the hell you got here," Dingell wrote. "Then one day you'll come on to the House floor, look around, and wonder how in the hell all the other fools got here."     :D

I loved his Twitter feed, but to reduce him to that is an injustice. He served longer than any other Congressman and was the driving force behind expanding healthcare access.

I loved his Twitter feed, but to reduce him to that is an injustice. He served longer than any other Congressman and was the driving force behind expanding healthcare access.
I didn't mean to with the thread title. It was in jest (hence the "and a damn fine congressman.") Sorry if it came off that way.

Notwithstanding representing a major city that saw, during his tenure, the most dramatic collapse since, what, Rome?  Yes, a fine Congressman.
Two things:

1) What should a US Congressman do to stop the decline of a city in his district?

2) Having said that, are you familiar with Michigan-12? And what territory it does - and does not - cover?

Two things:

1) What should a US Congressman do to stop the decline of a city in his district?

2) Having said that, are you familiar with Michigan-12? And what territory it does - and does not - cover?
1.  Many things.  Encouraging/initiating economic diversity, for one.

2.  Of course - south Detroit extending to Ann Arbor.  However, that area was wholly dominated by the economics of the auto industry.

1.  Many things.  Encouraging/initiating economic diversity, for one.

2.  Of course - south Detroit extending to Ann Arbor.  However, that area was wholly dominated by the economics of the auto industry.
That seems like a weird criticism to me considering a) he didn't represent Detroit, b) many of the laws he enacted or tried to enact did actually help/would have helped the citizens of Detroit, c) he was a friend to the auto industry, d) there are A LOT of different reasons Detroit has collapsed (and is now on the rebound) and e) he was a great outdoorsman/conservationist who helped preserve a lot of the areas around Detroit.

But, having said that, I realize that his district is tied to the auto industry, of course. As is all of the Detroit MSA. So what specific legislation do you think he should have pushed for that encouraged economic diversity?

Classic from May, 2017

@JohnDingell

The Titanic avoided icebergs, with few exceptions.

@ap

BREAKING: Trump lawyer: Tax returns from past 10 years show no "income of any type from Russian sources," with few exceptions.

Users who are viewing this thread