What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RKade's Pimp of the Week (SB) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKade

Footballguy
Ok, lets start this off by saying a few things here:

1. For those who had faith in me and picked up TJones but more importantly started him, you were probably golden and still alive, good stuff!!!

2. I was only off by .5 from his projected pt total. He scored 20.5 in my league where I projected him with 20 pts. Good stuff!!!

Note:

This is NOT a thread to Pimp and play over an every week STUD or player who is owned in 100% of all leagues, let's not go crazy here, ok? This is for people who either need a flex spot or in case of injuries, desperately need someone who has a chance for you to strike gold!

Prime example is for Portis owners who may be w/o him this weekend.

For those who Pimp Hate, save it for another thread. This is for people who LOVE to find "scabs" off the FA and WW pile one week then produce down the road, in this case, RIGHT NOW! If you are out of the postseason and still want to chime in, great! If you want to Pimp another player not mentioned, even better! Players that are obviously not available in most leagues are not welcome.

I'm going to do something just a bit different for this special Super Bowl weekend. I will pick the POTW that I will start PLUS have a list on players that you MAY have a shot at getting and would be solid starters. Since my RB is filled up, I can't pimp a player I won't start but can pimp him for YOU to start (again depending as mentioned above). Let's get to it!

THIS WEEK'S PIMP OF THE WEEK --- Brandon Stokley!

Ok, this guy should still be available in this week's WW pool (or FA if passed). I have not picked him up yet but definitely will and use him as my WR3 spot this weekend. If he is taken then I will resubmit (on Wednesday) my Pimp of the Week STARTER. Here are my reasons:

1. He has replace my Pimp Hall of Fame TWAlters as their 3rd WR.

2. DEN should be semi tough against the run so I really see Peyton's place airing it out and I don't see Harrison getting all the balls/TDs here. Stok should be open for at least one possible score.

3. There is a strong pattern with WR2 and WR3 having big games on INDY this year and clearly Peyton is no longer focusing on just Harrison alone.

4. If you need a WR3 like I do (Porter and Lelie haven't done ANYTHING for me) I just can't see a better WR who has the chance of performing better this weekend.

From KFFL:

Dec 15 Indianapolis Colts WR Brandon Stokley has moved ahead of WR Troy Walters as the third wide receiver on the team.

Predictions: Brandon 90210 Stokley will have a very solid day vs Broncos. Indy is on a scoring role, racking up pts and yards at a record pace and DEN has shown they can give up points to lesser scoring teams (Bears for example).

BS will have 8 catches for 85 yards and 1 TD. In my league that will give him 18 pts which is better than great as the WR3 slot.

RKade's Pimp Hall O Fame 2003 (no particular order):

CLee

DFoster

Tony Hollings

Brock the Rock

Pinner

TWalters

TJones

Please note below on my last week's thoughts:

Other noteables:

JWhite - RB - CLEV. I thought this guy should have never been benched for Green last year. Why this guy is like 10th in the RB depth chart speaks volumes about Davis ability to judge talent. Too bad his schedule for the next two weeks are tough (DEN/BALT).

OSmith: He should have been dumped a long time ago and never high on this kid one bit so he won't go on the RKade's Pimp Hall of Fame but he should at least be mentioned since Minn's RB situation is banged up and depending on who you believe will get more playing time. If White and TJ are gone then most likely so is this kid.

Engram: I'm sure you remember my post awhile back stating that I think this guy is their BEST WR, maybe not in terms of pure talent but in terms of getting the most bang for your buck. Too bad their coach won't feature him other than 3WR sets.

While Engram didn't play well, OSmith would have been a solid play as well as White getting shut down by Denver. Not too shabby here guys.

OK, for those who don't NEED a WR spot but looking for RBs, here is who I am SERIOUSLY PIMPING:

#1Rock Cartwright -- he will give you double digit pts and will break the 100 yard barrier. 108 yards with 1 TD = 16pts

#2DeFoster -- word is still out if he has sig playtime this weekend but IF he does, this guy is going for 50 recption yards with 70 rushing yards and 1 TD. Minimum pt total I see 22 pts IF HE STARTS.

#3 (if available then #1) TJones -- got to mention him here and with a thread today someone in the SharkPool mentioned he was available. This ain't right! PICK HIM UP NOW!!!!! This guy outproduced JLewis and Edge (almost COMBINED) on my team last week and he will continue to EXPLODE vs Atlanta. He will have 150 yards rushing with 10 rec and 2 TDS. 28 pts sound about right.

#4 (available)Artose Pinner -- should be available, picked him up Week 13 thinking he may be a desperate play (injuries, you never know when they will hit you). I see him with 70 ttl yards but a small chance to score. 7 pts downside, upside 13.

#5 (if available the move up)OntSmith -- for those who picked him up when someone dropped him, excellent! For those who played him, incredible! To think if you had started this kid and DFoster over Edge and JLewis and got MORE points would be unthinkable!!! This guys is gone but if you have him, starting him this weekend wouldn't be crazy. 120 rush, 4 18 rec, 1 TD = 20 pts

Other Noteables:

Mike Anderson/Quentin Griffin -- think he will split carries with Griff here and won't be as good as many are hoping. I can see similar outcome as JWhite was last week and can see DEN getting caught up in a shootout, taking away the run here.

Givens -- don't get a good vibe from NE this week. Should be close and not a big day for this WR.

Nutshell: you need a WR3 go with Stok but if not, GET THE ROCK NOW or anyother RB mentioned above (Artose last on the list if all are available!).

Please, Pimp away but not players who will blow up on someone elses roster. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. For those who had faith in me and picked up TJones but more importantly started him, you were probably ...
... in a league with your adolecent sister and the housekeeper who doesnt speak any english cause Jones has been on most rosters for many many weeks.;)JAA

Ok, lets start this off by saying a few things here:1. For those who had faith in me and picked up TJones but more importantly started him, you were probably ...
... in a league with your adolecent sister and the housekeeper who doesnt speak any english cause Jones has been on most rosters for many many weeks.JAA
Funny but I have been pimping him over a month though. :yes:

THIS WEEK'S PIMP OF THE WEEK --- Brandon Stokley!
In all seriousness: Ballsy pick obviously based on the past weeks performance. My 'rate' of your prediction is a 5 out of 10. My 'balls' on the line: 3 rec 40 yards, 4 pointsNote: 4 points is 4 points more than your Engram prediticion last weekJAA

I think you're very close...but Stokley had his turn last week. Reggie Wayne will be the guy this week.Of course he's not likely to be available.

In all seriousness: Ballsy pick obviously based on the past weeks performance. My 'rate' of your prediction is a 5 out of 10. My 'balls' on the line: 3 rec 40 yards, 4 pointsNote: 4 points is 4 points more than your Engram prediticion last weekJAA
Don't forget the other predictions than Engram now.

Stokley this week? As the old saying goes "Pimpin' ain't easy", so lets see if your boy can do it two weeks in a row.Ballsy call, good luck!

Didn't play well? Do you think if he did play better he would have been targeted more than twice?
Were talking about Mike Holmgrem here, aren't we? When you can figure him out please let me know.

Didn't play well? Do you think if he did play better he would have been targeted more than twice?
By the way, was Kitna finally put in the top 10 because of you and were you also responsible for Vick #2 overall ranking which made NO sense? Curious to know where you had both QBs ranked.

Stokley this week? As the old saying goes "Pimpin' ain't easy", so lets see if your boy can do it two weeks in a row.Ballsy call, good luck!
IF I can get him (should) then I will START him as my WR3, end of story. If I don't get him or by some luck (which won't happen) a better WR is dropped then I will update the thread no later than late Wednesday.

Were talking about Mike Holmgrem here, aren't we? When you can figure him out please let me know.
No. We're talking about the #3 WR in an offense that will not be getting the targets that the starters will see. Also, Engram is seeing the field less. Seattle is using more 2 TE sets with Mili and Stevens.I understand if you feel Engram is better than Jackson & Robinson, but there is no way in the world you can think that Engram will ever be a consistent fantasy scorer in Seattle playing behind Jackson and Robinson.

By the way, was Kitna finally put in the top 10 because of you and were you also responsible for Vick #2 overall ranking which made NO sense? Curious to know where you had both QBs ranked.
I have no input in the rankings. I don't do rankings during the season. I have no need for them, nor do I think they are anywhere near the most valuable part of this site.

I have no input in the rankings. I don't do rankings during the season. I have no need for them, nor do I think they are anywhere near the most valuable part of this site.
Well said Shick! couldn't agree more...Cheers

Not to hijack the thread, but I think this raises an important point that seems to get frequently debated, but never answered on here. If the majority of FBG staffers feel this way about the rankings and don't participate in them, then that should really be made clear to subscribers. While I realize Dodds' name is on the rankings, I have always believed (apparently wrongly) that the rankings represented some sort of consensus of the "experts" who work for FBGs. As such, when I am truly up in the air about a particular lineup decision, rather then resorting to a coin flip, I like to rely on the rankings. I suspect many other subscribers do the same. If, however, they are nothing more then one man's opinions and the rest of the staffers feel they are of little or no value, then I should probably go with the coin flip. Just my $.02

Well in my league it is very important to me to get those rankings. I have to choose between CulPep, Bulger, Vick and Manning. At RB I need to choose from LT2, Priest, Lews, Green and Davis ... if I dont get those rankings ...JAA

I agree 100% on the last part but then why are they deemed the "final" in terms of production? Curious since you are a staff member. All e-mails with the rankings say the following:

"PLEASE NOTE: This does NOT replace the Cheatsheet ranking. The Cheatsheet rankings are the final say on where we see a player for that week. The Matchup Breakdowns are simply one more tool in the box when it comes to helping choose your lineup."

I agree 100% on the last part but then why are they deemed the "final" in terms of production? Curious since you are a staff member. All e-mails with the rankings say the following:

"PLEASE NOTE: This does NOT replace the Cheatsheet ranking. The Cheatsheet rankings are the final say on where we see a player for that week. The Matchup Breakdowns are simply one more tool in the box when it comes to helping choose your lineup."
They're deemed the "final" as that's the last thing we do on ranking players. J

great but to highjack my own thread for just a moment, the CheatSheet rankings are the MOST important tool to use if you want to see how FBG's see each player perform, right? So, ranking Vick as the #2 QB means that only 1 other QB will perform better than Vick, right? I really want to put this to rest when people say the Cheatsheets are not that valueable in determining on how players will perform.

Shick! says "I have no need for them, nor do I think they are anywhere near the most valuable part of this site."

So if they aren't ANYWHERE NEAR the most valuable part of this site, what are all the other parts that are CLEARLY better during the season?

Projections = Cheatsheets (final), what's better than my Pimp of the Week thread?

great but to highjack my own thread for just a moment, the CheatSheet rankings are the MOST important tool to use if you want to see how FBG's see each player perform, right? So, ranking Vick as the #2 QB means that only 1 other QB will perform better than Vick, right? I really want to put this to rest when people say the Cheatsheets are not that valueable in determining on how players will perform.

Shick! says "I have no need for them, nor do I think they are anywhere near the most valuable part of this site."

So if they aren't ANYWHERE NEAR the most valuable part of this site, what are all the other parts that are CLEARLY better during the season?

Projections = Cheatsheets (final), what's better than my Pimp of the Week thread?
Sorry to confuse you kade.Shick and Jason said they don't think the cheatsheets are important. I'd say a ton of our more advanced owners feel very much the same way. They make their own projections and predictions and use the site for other information.

That's all they're saying.

I'd also say that for lots of our readers, the cheatsheets are the most important thing we do. Varies from reader to reader.

As far as if they're more valuable then your pimping, that would be up to the readers to decide.

J

Sorry to confuse you kade.Shick and Jason said they don't think the cheatsheets are important. I'd say a ton of our more advanced owners feel very much the same way. They make their own projections and predictions and use the site for other information.

That's all they're saying.

I'd also say that for lots of our readers, the cheatsheets are the most important thing we do. Varies from reader to reader.

As far as if they're more valuable then your pimping, that would be up to the readers to decide.

J
good stuff, thanks for the reply!Now, on to pimping.........

It sure isn't and especially with all this highjacking going on! Please post your pimps here.

Footballguys.com is all about information. Getting you information that is important to you and relevant to the players on your roster is what makes this site valuable.• The blogger• The injury updates• The weekly matchup information• The weekly game reports• The collective wealth of statistical information• The collective knowledge of the message boards members• The collective knowledge of the staff• etc, etc, etc...These things make this site worth while. I believe owners should digest information and make their own decisions. The only real say you have during the season is Waivers, Trades, and Lineup choices. Why would you want to leave it up to someone else? I understand why the cheatsheets exist (2nd opinions when you can't decide?), but I don't think they are anywhere near as valuable as the other information.

If you were real good you would have pimped him last week.Not real hard pimping a hot player or one coming off a good or break out week.move along, nothing to see here :thumbdown:

Footballguys.com is all about information. Getting you information that is important to you and relevant to the players on your roster is what makes this site valuable.• The blogger• The injury updates• The weekly matchup information• The weekly game reports• The collective wealth of statistical information• The collective knowledge of the message boards members• The collective knowledge of the staff• etc, etc, etc...These things make this site worth while. I believe owners should digest information and make their own decisions. The only real say you have during the season is Waivers, Trades, and Lineup choices. Why would you want to leave it up to someone else? I understand why the cheatsheets exist (2nd opinions when you can't decide?), but I don't think they are anywhere near as valuable as the other information.
I hear you about information on this site but perhaps the Cheatsheet which are the projections should not have such a strong disclosure. The blogger and injury updates are fine but I generally find out before they are posted. Weekly information matchup is good but FBG says that they are not as important as the final cheatsheets. Love the weekly game reports but not as helpful at this time of year IMO. The Stats information is second to none and for the most part the message board members are above par.While by no means should one blindly follow the cheatsheets, I think they are given too much importance then once they are incorrect deemed not as important IMO. Can we move on now and start pimping players?

If you were real good you would have pimped him last week.Not real hard pimping a hot player or one coming off a good or break out week.move along, nothing to see here :thumbdown:
Couldn't cause I pimped TJones. :thumbup:

Can we move on now and start pimping players?
No. I haven't berated you enough yet. Oh fine. Let's move onto this quote...
Couldn't cause I pimped TJones.
Wouldn't it have been logical to have him be one of your backup pimps instead of Engram? Couldn't? Or didn't?Can anyone else tell I'm having a rough morning? I need a two week vacation (only 3 more days...)

It is when you pimp 10 different guys and then pat yourself on the back when 1 of them comes through
Actually, it's the one or two I pimp who doesn't produce out of the bunch that people pat themselves on, right Carl? Another reason I can't list more than I do. For this reason, too many pimps = a better shot on getting them right then people like you who call me on it. I like a nice small sample.Look up my pimp history for the games they played, the numbers don't lie.

My pimp of the week is Anderson.. Portis won't go,, and Shanny,, with the playoffs on the line will go to the proven entity... 80yds and 1td..

#3 (if available then #1) TJones -- got to mention him here and with a thread today someone in the SharkPool mentioned he was available. This ain't right! PICK HIM UP NOW!!!!! This guy outproduced JLewis and Edge (almost COMBINED) on my team last week and he will continue to EXPLODE vs Atlanta. He will have 150 yards rushing with 10 rec and 2 TDS. 28 pts sound about right.
RUSHING

ATT YDS TD LG

T. Jones 17 73 0 15

M. Pittman 4 20 0 9

B. Johnson 1 1 0 1

RECEIVING

REC YDS TD LG

K. McCardell 6 122 1 76

C. Lee 10 88 1 22

M. Pittman 9 85 0 19

J. Cook 2 19 1 11

T. Jones 4 14 0 12
Hmmm, nothing to see here, carry onJAA

OK, for those who don't NEED a WR spot but looking for RBs, here is who I am SERIOUSLY PIMPING:

#1Rock Cartwright -- he will give you double digit pts and will break the 100 yard barrier. 108 yards with 1 TD = 16pts

#2DeFoster -- word is still out if he has sig playtime this weekend but IF he does, this guy is going for 50 recption yards with 70 rushing yards and 1 TD. Minimum pt total I see 22 pts IF HE STARTS.

#4 (available)Artose Pinner -- should be available, picked him up Week 13 thinking he may be a desperate play (injuries, you never know when they will hit you). I see him with 70 ttl yards but a small chance to score. 7 pts downside, upside 13.

#5 (if available the move up)OntSmith -- for those who picked him up when someone dropped him, excellent! For those who played him, incredible! To think if you had started this kid and DFoster over Edge and JLewis and got MORE points would be unthinkable!!! This guys is gone but if you have him, starting him this weekend wouldn't be crazy. 120 rush, 4 18 rec, 1 TD = 20 pts

Other Noteables:

Mike Anderson/Quentin Griffin -- think he will split carries with Griff here and won't be as good as many are hoping. I can see similar outcome as JWhite was last week and can see DEN getting caught up in a shootout, taking away the run here.

Givens -- don't get a good vibe from NE this week. Should be close and not a big day for this WR.
Hmmm, 1 for 6 so far. Not bad! :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing how Stokely and Anderson/Griffin pan out tonight.

Maybe I was wrong about you RKade. Who would have seen Ontario Smith blowing up this week?? Disregarding the other 5, of course, you made a very nice call this week!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

RKade...time to kill this concept once and for all. You angered the fantasy gods by chastising Dodds and company. Let's go to the scoreboard...Stokely (pimped 8-85-1): 1 catch for 5 yards - BUST OF EPIC PORTIONS.#1Rock Cartwright (pimped 100 with 1 TD): 41+15 - BUST.#2DeFoster (pimped Minimum pt total I see 22 pts): 17 fantasy pts - mini BUST. #3 TJones (pimped 150 yards rushing with 10 rec and 2 TDS, 28 pts): 9 fantasy pts - MAJOR BUST.#4 Artose Pinner (pimped 7 pts downside, upside 13): 2 pts - Once again, BUST.#5 OntSmith (120 rush, 4 18 rec, 1 TD = 20 pts): 146+37, 3 TDs for 36 fantasy points - Even when your "right", you're still wrong by a factor of almost 2X.You need to retire and spare yourself further embarassment. You also owe Joe and Dodds an apology for busting on the cheatsheets when you offer this as an alternative. Lastly, if you insist on pimping in the future, for the love of god, DON'T PIMP PLAYERS ON MY ROSTER!

17 points is a mini bust? my my do we have some high standards.
It is when you predict 22 points. That's a 23% margin of error for you kiddies. mini = minor for those of you still in high school. Obviously this relates to the predictions for those still trying to master reading comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread