What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RKade's PIMP OF THE WEEK (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKade

Footballguy
Looks like this comes as good of time as any. Coming up a major Brock love from last week (22 pts). It's time to give the RKade's Pimp O Week Playa!Tony Hollings: As you all know, many people hold a special place in their hear for this kid and while many said there was no way in hell he would get a shot this year, or next, many said there was a slight chance he would play this year. Well, looks like his time will come this weekend. I am NOT sold on JAX and their defense stopping the Texans from scoring. Hollings does have the upper hand in that he has not played in a lot of games so game planning against him should be tough. If you watch this kid run and you feel nothing, well then you don't have a heartbeat.RKade's Pimp Hall O Fame 2003 (no particular order):CLeeDFoster Tony HollingsBrock the RockPinnerTWaltersTJonesIf you are a DD owner, you MUST pick him up. If you aren't a DD owner, pick him up so your league mate who has him will.Prediction: over 120 ttl yards with 1 td.If you disagree, please put YOUR est production from the pimp list.

Last edited by a moderator:
RKADE,you will be happy to hear i have had him since draft day...i just traded DD before last weeks games...and kept hollings, the guy didnt want anything to do with holling said he wont see daylight...guess whose laughing now!trade:DD, trent green, and mouldsforR.moss, Duckett, and, masonin a keeper league. :rotflmao:

RKADE,you will be happy to hear i have had him since draft day...i just traded DD before last weeks games...and kept hollings, the guy didnt want anything to do with holling said he wont see daylight...guess whose laughing now!trade:DD, trent green, and mouldsforR.moss, Duckett, and, masonin a keeper league. :rotflmao:
Damn! Good stuff! I am very conflicted here because first and foremost, I want the Texans to win! If it's TH or DD then fine as long as the better RB without a doubt plays. That said, good job on the trade and anyone else who has TH in FA land pick him up NOW!!!!Pimp Alert! Pimp Alert!

Bench of the Week is what this thread should be called. Pimping pisses the fantasy gods off. How come no OSmith on that list!

Bench of the Week is what this thread should be called. Pimping pisses the fantasy gods off. How come no OSmith on that list!
Because OSmith stinks? Not worthy of RKade's POTW team.

ahhh houston fan predicts a big game vs the jags solid run d
Everyone really has bought into the JAX defense and once again has not bought into the Texans. Much like Carolina and NE playing them, JAX is being pimped by other's because they are going to dominate them? Come on. I have watched JAX defense and it's nothing to rave about. Instead of just saying that JAX defense is the one to play, why not say why? Because they will get lots of sacks? No. Lots of Int? No. Lots of TO's? No. They may hold them to under 20 but that's why you want them? Texans play HARD so they won't catch a team who is having an off day because they don't take them seriously.

RKade's Pimp Hall O Fame 2003 (no particular order):CLeeDFoster :thumbup: Tony HollingsBrock the RockPinnerTWaltersTJones
and coming soon....RKade's Contradiction of The Week!!
I think you have become the crazy uncle I never got to have Carl, congrats! :pics: << For my family album.

I would probably go back and re-pimp one of your other 3 or 5 running backs. It would make more sense. For example why not re-pimp Forsey before the fact rather than after. (he has a better chance than Hollings). Good luck

I would probably go back and re-pimp one of your other 3 or 5 running backs. It would make more sense. For example why not re-pimp Forsey before the fact rather than after. (he has a better chance than Hollings). Good luck
Forsey won't start this week....TH will.

buster cherry Posted on Dec 5 2003, 05:29 PM--------------------------------------------------------------------------------QUOTE (Lightning-in-a-Bottle @ Dec 5 2003, 05:05 PM) i just traded DD before last weeks games...guess whose laughing now! bet you were crying last sunday when the ticker kept ringing up DD yards & TD's
NOPE! :no: 10 team league 6-8 keepers.would you be crying with this starting lineup?ManningPortisLT2HarrisonR.MossFlex - RW/BostonGonzoVanderslutChiefsi didn't think so. :shock:

I think you have become the crazy uncle I never got to have Carl, congrats! :pics: << For my family album.
Kade....there must be a village in Texas that is missing you at the present time. However, their loss is our gain because the entertainment value you provide here is priceless. The giving out your bookie's phone number bit was classic.

Kade....there must be a village in Texas that is missing you at the present time. However, their loss is our gain because the entertainment value you provide here is priceless. The giving out your bookie's phone number bit was classic.
VillageDrinking the KOOLAIDCan I be in your league.At least be original if you want to post in MY threads. :) P.S. You are right, I AM classic! :thumbup:

and coming soon....

RKade's Contradiction of The Week!!
QUOTE (RKade @ Dec 6 2003, 01:37 PM) they still hang on to the fact that Favre is an elite QB.

You wrote last week that Favre was a farce.

Everyone really has bought into the JAX defense and once again has not bought into the Texans.
:rolleyes: Great roll of the dice RKade. If you make enough stupid comments on this board you are bound to pull one out of your #### eventually! JAX's defense is for real. Much like Carolina's D; they are not a good fantasy D, but a great run-stopping D. Their Linebackers are quick to the ball, and their O-line stands people up = no room to run.T.H. will not go off. I'm a Texan Homer as well, but won't buy your reasoning.

According to their team Website, Jax is currently the league's number two defense against the run with 1,025 net rushing yards allowed. The Jaguars have kept each of their last four opponents under 100 yards rushing, and November began with the Jamal Lewis-led Ravens squeezing out only 103 yards rushing against the Jags. That points to the Jaguars being the league's number one rush-defense in the second half of the season.

and coming soon....

RKade's Contradiction of The Week!!
QUOTE (RKade @ Dec 6 2003, 01:37 PM) they still hang on to the fact that Favre is an elite QB.

You wrote last week that Favre was a farce.
Once again, you don't get it. The only tragedy is that you can't grasp this concept.

:rolleyes: Great roll of the dice RKade. If you make enough stupid comments on this board you are bound to pull one out of your #### eventually! JAX's defense is for real. Much like Carolina's D; they are not a good fantasy D, but a great run-stopping D. Their Linebackers are quick to the ball, and their O-line stands people up = no room to run.T.H. will not go off. I'm a Texan Homer as well, but won't buy your reasoning.
Nobody is right 100% of the time...just don't buy into the JAX as a dominate defense and TH having no shot tomorrow.

You mean better role of the dice than your RB predictions? Glad you are finally giving Edge a move up but with him off of your list (top), it wasn't worth commenting on. Keep it up but save the rip job and look at your postings first, ok chief? :thumbup:

Nobody is right 100% of the time...just don't buy into the JAX as a dominate defense and TH having no shot tomorrow.
I hope you are right; as I have Deuce facing Jax in both my biggest $$ league and my biggest pride league during championship week (#16). I've been trying to get value for him in trades w/ no bites; and am going to have to hope he produces. Jax seems to be playing hungry; which can't be said of a lot of teams at this time of the year. If I'm wrong about T.H. I'll eat some crow for you on Monday; but I don't see it happening.

I hope you are right; as I have Deuce facing Jax in both my biggest $$ league and my biggest pride league during championship week (#16). I've been trying to get value for him in trades w/ no bites; and am going to have to hope he produces. Jax seems to be playing hungry; which can't be said of a lot of teams at this time of the year. If I'm wrong about T.H. I'll eat some crow for you on Monday; but I don't see it happening.
Again, I never said go out there are replace TH with a DeuceMcAllister type, let's not go crazy here, I'm just pimping players who have a nice shot at the flex or replacing an iffy RB who is at the #2 spot. Then again, I know of two other people in the shark pool who won't get it and surely bring this up if TH falters this weekend. :)

You mean better role of the dice than your RB predictions? Glad you are finally giving Edge a move up but with him off of your list (top), it wasn't worth commenting on. Keep it up but save the rip job and look at your postings first, ok chief? :thumbup:
That list was generated quite a while ago; and was to be used as a "starter" for conversation; Not a bold "pimping" statement. Edge still has to play @TN and Den in that three week stretch. I don't see him moving up much. If all you have to "rip" from estimated rankings three+ weeks in advance is Edge; the list must be mighty fine :)

I hope Davis sits and Hollings finally gets an opportunity to prove to everyone that he's a below-average RB. I do agree with you RKade that Jacksonville's D can be had. Unfortunately, your guy Hollings isn't good enough to do anything about it.

I hope Davis sits and Hollings finally gets an opportunity to prove to everyone that he's a below-average RB. I do agree with you RKade that Jacksonville's D can be had. Unfortunately, your guy Hollings isn't good enough to do anything about it.
You could be right, I don't agree though. From what you have said is that TH will not perform not because of the JAX defense but because he isn't a good RB (or below average RB in your words). What will his stats be tomorrow?

Again, I never said go out there are replace TH with a DeuceMcAllister type, let's not go crazy here, I'm just pimping players who have a nice shot at the flex or replacing an iffy RB who is at the #2 spot. Then again, I know of two other people in the shark pool who won't get it and surely bring this up if TH falters this weekend. :)
Can you even read RKade??? I never said substitute DM for TH. I'm just trying to state that I don't feel comfortable w/ ANYONE playing JAX's D. If TH has his 120 and a TD you have given good advice. If he sux; you have given bad advice. IMHO I don't see TH having an 18 point fantasy day.

Can you even read RKade??? I never said substitute DM for TH. I'm just trying to state that I don't feel comfortable w/ ANYONE playing JAX's D. If TH has his 120 and a TD you have given good advice. If he sux; you have given bad advice. IMHO I don't see TH having an 18 point fantasy day.
Look, you don't agree with TH, that's fine. So, then what will TH #'s be like on Sunday. If you want to disagree with me then give me some sort of stats on him.

Damn, NO love for TH. It's all good. Hopefully all who responded will put their's on the table and give a prediction as well.

I'd agree that TH will get the bulk of the work. However with Banks out, and Carr questionable, how effective will the offense be? Especially if Carr gets knocked out of the game like he has been this season. It's a huge gamble to start him IMO, but it could pay big dividends as well. Whatcha gonna do???

Looks like this comes as good of time as any. Coming up a major Brock love from last week (22 pts). It's time to give the RKade's Pimp O Week Playa!Tony Hollings: As you all know, many people hold a special place in their hear for this kid and while many said there was no way in hell he would get a shot this year, or next, many said there was a slight chance he would play this year. Well, looks like his time will come this weekend. I am NOT sold on JAX and their defense stopping the Texans from scoring. Hollings does have the upper hand in that he has not played in a lot of games so game planning against him should be tough. If you watch this kid run and you feel nothing, well then you don't have a heartbeat.RKade's Pimp Hall O Fame 2003 (no particular order):CLeeDFoster Tony HollingsBrock the RockPinnerTWaltersTJonesIf you are a DD owner, you MUST pick him up. If you aren't a DD owner, pick him up so your league mate who has him will.Prediction: over 120 ttl yards with 1 td.If you disagree, please put YOUR est production from the pimp list.
:sleep:

The main problem I see, with the prediction of Hollings having a good day, is Carr. He's not healthy right now and the Texans passing game will suffer. If the Texans can't pass effectively then of course the Jax D will clamp down on the Texans running game. BTW Jax D is already very good against the run in a normal mode. Imagine how well they will play, once they realize that shutting down the run equates to shutting down the Texans period. I'm not doubting TH's ability, I just think the decks stacked against him. For this week anyway.

Looks like TJones AND TH is getting bumped up in my Pimp O the Week. If TH get the starting nod, I may even start him and TJones as my RB#2 and Flex positions and bench Edge. I see TH and TJ both scoring at least 1 TD a piece and combined getting 200 ttl yards. TJ is obvious, going against a NO defense which loves to give up chock full of rushing yards and TJ wanting to make this the third week with a TD.TH is not so cut and dried and while I am a Texans homer, I just feel like JAX will not be able to contain the Texans offense. They are heavily favored (how in the HELL can the Texans keep getting rooked especially after almost beating NE but covering and beating JAX the first matchup this year and Carolina in a solid win is BEYOND ME!) over the Texans and I have seen more guts and determination this year from the Texans than JAX. Heck, the Texans are a clear cut better team, a better record. That said, I may temper my final numbers a bit with TH to 100 TTL yards with 1 TD.

would you be crying with this starting lineup?ManningPortisLT2HarrisonR.MossFlex - RW/BostonGonzoVanderslutChiefs
No, but I'd be wondering why I played in a league with so many morons.

I just feel like JAX will not be able to contain the Texans offense. They are heavily favored (how in the HELL can the Texans keep getting rooked especially after almost beating NE but covering and beating JAX the first matchup this year and Carolina in a solid win is BEYOND ME!) over the Texans and I have seen more guts and determination this year from the Texans than JAX. Heck, the Texans are a clear cut better team, a better record. That said, I may temper my final numbers a bit with TH to 100 TTL yards with 1 TD.
RKade,The problem is that their starting QB, Carr, is still not completely healed from his shoulder injury. He is a game time decision. If Carr can't go their #2 QB, Banks, is on IR with that ugly break of his hand. So, the Texans may have to go to their #3 QB, Ragone.

The Texans starting RB is also a game time decision and may not play. That would bring in Tony Hollings and Jonathon Wells, an untested NFL RB and a less than impressive 2nd year RB. Nobodies quite sure what to expect from Hollings. He's coming back from a serious knee injury and truthfully, only 4 or 5 games as a College RB. Albeit he looked stunning in those few games. It's also looking like it'll be RBBC between Hollings and Wells this week, if D. Davis can't go.

Lastly the Texans barely beat the Falcan'ts last week. It was a squeaker and that's not good against the Falcan'ts pitiful D.

On the flip side, Jax simply dominated the Bucs in their last game. They played with determination and emotion. I did not see a Team that's simply playing out the season. Leftwich is playing much better now than earlier in the year. Jax made some in season moves to bolster their WR's opposite Jimmy Smith and whether you like to admit it or not, their D is playing very very well right now.

That's why the Texans are the under dogs in this game and rightfully so. I'd be extremely surprised if Tony Hollings gets a 100 yards. He might get a TD, but he could just as easily draw a blank there as well. I could well be wrong, but all signs point to a quiet game from Hollings this week. Especially if he splits time with Wells, which is likely.

Most likely this weeks games are either the first round of FF play offs or the last week of the regular season and it'll be do or die for some teams to get that final play off spot. This is pretty much win and move on, or one and done. Given all the variables I've noted above, I think it'd be foolish to risk a game of that importance, on the chance that Tony Hollings breaks out.

I think you're giving very risky, to outright bad, advice in this thread. I'm pretty sure you haven't really thought out what you're saying. More than likely, your enthusiasim for Hollings first chance to play is the reason behind your post, along with your homerism. My suggestion would be, if you have better options than Tony Hollings, use them. To much riding in this weekends games if you're in the play offs or fighting for a play off spot, to take a chance on Hollings, IMO.

At the half: T Hollings - 12 carries, 14 yards - 1 catch, 6 yards. No TDs, obviously, as HOU has been shut out.

I think you're giving very risky, to outright bad, advice in this thread. I'm pretty sure you haven't really thought out what you're saying. More than likely, your enthusiasim for Hollings first chance to play is the reason behind your post, along with your homerism. My suggestion would be, if you have better options than Tony Hollings, use them. To much riding in this weekends games if you're in the play offs or fighting for a play off spot, to take a chance on Hollings, IMO.
:thumbup: Good advice.

Looks like TJones AND TH is getting bumped up in my Pimp O the Week. If TH get the starting nod, I may even start him and TJones as my RB#2 and Flex positions and bench Edge. I see TH and TJ both scoring at least 1 TD a piece and combined getting 200 ttl yards. TJ is obvious, going against a NO defense which loves to give up chock full of rushing yards and TJ wanting to make this the third week with a TD.TH is not so cut and dried and while I am a Texans homer, I just feel like JAX will not be able to contain the Texans offense. They are heavily favored (how in the HELL can the Texans keep getting rooked especially after almost beating NE but covering and beating JAX the first matchup this year and Carolina in a solid win is BEYOND ME!) over the Texans and I have seen more guts and determination this year from the Texans than JAX. Heck, the Texans are a clear cut better team, a better record. That said, I may temper my final numbers a bit with TH to 100 TTL yards with 1 TD.
:rotflmao:

This TH "Pimping" i hope is buried forever along with the O. Smith backers. RIP TH!!DD owner :lol:
We can only hope that this game will, once and for all, bring a stop to the D^2 bashing done by RKade, HK, et al. Hollings 18/19/0, 1.05 ypr.Give it up fellas, this fight is over. D^2 is, and deserves to be, the Texans starter when healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread