What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rob Gronkowski - TE, NWE - Week 4 Status Updates (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Please post your week 4 news and updates here. Please let the thread from last week die a graceful death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gronk and Amendola thought to be 60% likely to play.
I have not hung around on an nfl field or in an nfl locker room, but I find it pretty impossible to believe after months of rehab a player's staus is really a coin flip depending on much more they can recover tomorrow.

it might be a coin flip for the rest of us trying to guess at belichick's Q, but it can't be a coin flip for him.

how much better can a guy get in 2 days?

I have not hung around on an nfl field or in an nfl locker room, but I find it pretty impossible to believe after months of rehab a player's staus is really a coin flip depending on much more they can recover tomorrow.

it might be a coin flip for the rest of us trying to guess at belichick's Q, but it can't be a coin flip for him.

I am just relaying what was being discussed pretty much all day on local radio, as initially reported by Mortensen.

I am just relaying what was being discussed pretty much all day on local radio, as initially reported by Mortensen.
hey --- when would they be traveling to atl?

hey --- when would they be traveling to atl?
Saturday

BB obviously knows if he is playing - for the rest of us it's a guessing game.

He's playing. They were smart to hold him out last week against a weak opponent. They are facing a tough team on the road and they are tied with Miami for the division.

He's playing. They were smart to hold him out last week against a weak opponent. They are facing a tough team on the road and they are tied with Miami for the division.
I agree but you never know with BB...Still early in the season. I'm slotting him in my flex, if he doesn't go I'll sub Dobson in.

Anyone holding out for Gronk on Sunday night should consider rostering Charles Clay from Miami as a back up plan. Should be available in a lot of leagues and the Dolphins play on Monday night so he's better than taking a goose egg should Gronk sit.

Well, in leagues where Clay isn't available you don't really have any options. Graham-Gone, Gonzalez-Gone, Sudfeld-Yuck. Yikes, you are looking at a 2nd TE for the Saints or Dolphins in those deeper leagues.

Well, in leagues where Clay isn't available you don't really have any options. Graham-Gone, Gonzalez-Gone, Sudfeld-Yuck. Yikes, you are looking at a 2nd TE for the Saints or Dolphins in those deeper leagues.
If you own Gronk and cook. Trading Cook for Clay could be wise if you want to try and get the full value out of the weeks gronk plays.

There will likely be a few telling signs before Sunday.

1) If he practices fully tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday.

2) He travels with the team

3) Reporters/writers report that he is likely to play. Last week, as Sunday approached, the word was that he was unlikely to play...and they were right.

If all three of these things happen, I think it's a really likely that he plays. If any of these don't happen (specially traveling with the team), then I say bench him for another week.

At this point, I am hoping that they are not necessarily looking for him to improve a lot over the next couple of days...but not to have any setbacks.

by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com
(2:03 pm ET) The long wait to return to game action is likely over for Patriots prolific tight end Rob Gronkowski, according to NFL Media, which is reporting that he has a "very good chance" of playing Sunday night against Atlanta barring a setback in practice.Gronkowski has been sidelined all year as he recovers from offseason back and forearm surgeries.

(2:03 pm ET) The long wait to return to game action is likely over for Patriots prolific tight end Rob Gronkowski, according to NFL Media, which is reporting that he has a "very good chance" of playing Sunday night against Atlanta barring a setback in practice.

Gronkowski has been sidelined all year as he recovers from offseason back and forearm surgeries.
Don't ask me who Marty Gitlin is. He's saying what I want to hear and that's all that matters.

(2:03 pm ET) The long wait to return to game action is likely over for Patriots prolific tight end Rob Gronkowski, according to NFL Media, which is reporting that he has a "very good chance" of playing Sunday night against Atlanta barring a setback in practice.

Gronkowski has been sidelined all year as he recovers from offseason back and forearm surgeries.
Don't ask me who Marty Gitlin is. He's saying what I want to hear and that's all that matters.
Quote of the year contender here. :hifive:

Martin Gitlin -- Author of The Great American Cereal Book.Sounds like money!

This works even better when said in the voice of Frank the Tank with a dart in his neck (avi).

As of now, starting him. Everything I see indicates he's closer to probable than a pure questionable. Although my only other option is Reed WAS, who is also questionable with limited upside.

I have Gronk currently as my flex (Graham is my TE) and if he doesn't play, I'm gonna play Hartline Monday night against the Saints.

Slightly off topic, but one league I run has a rule allowing conditional lineup requests for situations just like this. On Saturday, you submit a request designating a starter and a backup. If the starter is inactive, you get the backup's score, instead. If the starter is active but puts up a zero, you're out of luck.

I've never thought it was fair that someone whose player was a game-time decision in an early game had an advantage over someone whose player was a game-time decision in a late game.

Slightly off topic, but one league I run has a rule allowing conditional lineup requests for situations just like this. On Saturday, you submit a request designating a starter and a backup. If the starter is inactive, you get the backup's score, instead. If the starter is active but puts up a zero, you're out of luck.

I've never thought it was fair that someone whose player was a game-time decision in an early game had an advantage over someone whose player was a game-time decision in a late game.
that might be the best rule I ever heard

That is awesome.

We allowed to change our lineup up til game time and this includes the Monday game the only players you can't change are players who games have started

Kool-Aid Larry said:
Adam Harstad said:

I think it's weak. I don't think there is anything unfair about an early GTD vs a late one. Part of playing fantasy football is taking risk. In this case, people can have two TEs on their team. You can either play it safe and play the TE with the earlier game, or take the risk with the GTD player with the late game. Roll the dice or don't.

hotboyz said:
We allowed to change our lineup up til game time and this includes the Monday game the only players you can't change are players who games have started
That is pretty standard based on every league I have played in.

hotboyz said:
Right, which is about 4 teams available between: Miami (Clay), ATL (Gonzo), NE (Gronk/Dudfeld), and NO (Graham).

hotboyz said:
Right, which is about 4 teams available between: Miami (Clay), ATL (Gonzo), NE (Gronk/Dudfeld), and NO (Graham).
Right and Graham doesn't fit the conversation because if a team has him, they are starting him no matter what Gronk's situation is.

ConnSKINS26 said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
Adam Harstad said:

That is awesome.
I was worried about it because, as the commish, I thought it would create a lot of extra work for me. In truth, owners claim conditionals maybe once or twice a year. I put the onus on them (they must post on the league board by Wednesday with a link to a source proving the player was a game-day inactive), which minimizes the required legwork. I also disallowed double-conditionals (i.e. no saying "start Gronk, and if Gronk doesn't go then start Cook, and if Cook doesn't go then start Clay"). In terms of additional workload for me, the impact is virtually nil- I probably spend less time administering the rule than I save not having to listen to everyone #####ing about game-time decisions. Really, the biggest impact of the rule is just peace of mind for everyone.

If anyone is a commissioner, I would highly recommend putting a similar rule in place in your leagues. Nothing but positive experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread