What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roddy White - Well, looks like he has screwed us all (1 Viewer)

lukinrats

Footballguy
I came into the season in a few leagues with Roddy White as a member of my keeper or dynasty WR1/WR2. I also just traded for him in another league because I watched the Pats game and decided that he was looking much better. Well, he waited until Friday to tell us that he had a setback in that game. Not sure how severe, but he is talking about the bye week so it looks like the Jets game is not even on his mind.

We will be lucky to get WR4 production out of the guy for this year, and all because he wanted to keep a Favreesque streak alive. SMH!

Seems interesting to me. Last week was the most snaps he played all season. I think he'll be better after the bye. Why he has kept playing on his bum ankle, I have no idea. But he is definitely a good buy low and at worst could be a decent WR3/WR2 the rest of the season.

Seems odd considering he had a "limited" practice yesterday. Wonder if something in practice happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to ship Roddy for a 1st Rounder in a dynasty league this offseason. I felt good about it at the time and right now I'm just loving it. At his age it sucks that he's losing this much of his season.

I managed to ship Roddy for a 1st Rounder in a dynasty league this offseason. I felt good about it at the time and right now I'm just loving it. At his age it sucks that he's losing this much of his season.
I've been floating this out there with no luck. :jealous:

WTH is he playing on that ankle. This is a prime example of why we shouldn't place the decision making of players and coaches on such a pedestal! Remember this the next time someone tells you the coaches know what they are doing.

Buy low. Bramel said that he should be at or near 100% after the bye.

Old Roddy is not coming back IMO. He'll be better than he was Weeks 1-4, but his days as a WR1 or even a high WR2 are over. We all knew Julio would fully take over eventually, just not when. It happened.

I'm still trying to buy him relatively low (Hartline + TRich + Cook for Roddy + Lynch), but maybe I should try even lower...

I came into the season in a few leagues with Roddy White as a member of my keeper or dynasty WR1/WR2. I also just traded for him in another league because I watched the Pats game and decided that he was looking much better. Well, he waited until Friday to tell us that he had a setback in that game. Not sure how severe, but he is talking about the bye week so it looks like the Jets game is not even on his mind.

We will be lucky to get WR4 production out of the guy for this year, and all because he wanted to keep a Favreesque streak alive. SMH!
link?

link?
Roddy White revealed Friday he suffered a setback with his high ankle sprain in last Sunday night's loss to New England.

White played 74-of-76 snaps against the Patriots, but emerged with the ankle feeling worse than it did before. "Yeah, and I learned a very valuable lesson from that," White said. "I ain’t where I need to be yet." White is already looking beyond Monday night's game against the Jets, and toward Atlanta's Week 6 bye. "I’ve got to get right," White said. "The bye week is coming at really, really good time. No vacation. No time off for Roddy. No cruising. No, none of that. I’ll be cruising right here in the training room." He can't be trusted as a Week 5 fantasy play. Oct 4 - 2:33 PM
I'm a fan of him referring to himself in the third person "No time off for Roddy". What, is he Ricky Henderson now?

I do not know, but it is frustrating. I thought he was a great buy low, but it appears we should have been selling for pennies on the dollar instead

Why does he continue to play with this injury? What an idiot
Yeah, him and Larry Fitz. I just don't understand the point in doing this... Jene Brammel said this a couple of weeks ago. If he would have just benched himself, he'd have been at 100% by like Week 3. Instead he just keeps putting all this playing time on it and aggravating the injury slightly week to week. He may not be 100% all season because he refused to take a few weeks off and heal. And at this point, they're 1-3 they NEED him out there. So short of him aggravating it badly, he's going to be forced into action.

Hopefully he will sit this week with the Bye coming up and them playing NYJ. Should not need him to win this week

When he was "closer" to 100% last week he saw 9 targets (season high) and his highest snap total of the season as well. If your a real contender and have no problem stashing him on your bench for a couple weeks I think he's still very much a buy-low. I understand the frustration of buying low a bit too early but it could/should still pan out as long as you don't need to lean on him right now.

Old Roddy is not coming back IMO. He'll be better than he was Weeks 1-4, but his days as a WR1 or even a high WR2 are over. We all knew Julio would fully take over eventually, just not when. It happened.
What are you basing this on? He's been a top 10 WR for 4 seasons...

Perfect buy low. Anyone that things this level of production is going to continue is insane. I don't own him in any leagues, but I've put trades out trying to get him. I'm hoping for another stinker this week or that he doesn't play at all so the R. White owners gets even more fed up with him.

I think Roddy White loves his consecutive games streak too much to lose it over what he considers an injury he can fight through.

Once the high ankle sprian news came out, I knew I wasn't even going to bother till about week 8. Still sounds about right, maybe a week or two later. You can tell watching him his leg is gimpy.

Had a guy rejecting and rejecting an offer of Fitz for White telling me his hammy is an issue, until today he sent it saying OK I give dude. LMFAO novices are funny.

White should recover soon, but he has a few weeks after his bye week until then if he had a set back.

Considering offering Orange Julius for him and Rudolph. I have Graham so I'm covered. The Roddy owner, when I asked if he wanted to possibly deal White immediately lit up and said YES!.

Also, not seeing anywhere in that article where he actually says he has a setback, he just mentions he's still not 100%; seems like sensationalism to me, I have no idea how that translates to him saying he had a setback last week.

Had a guy rejecting and rejecting an offer of Fitz for White telling me his hammy is an issue, until today he sent it saying OK I give dude. LMFAO novices are funny.

White should recover soon, but he has a few weeks after his bye week until then if he had a set back.
I'd rather have Fitz than White.

Im no doctor but your high ankle sprain isnt gonna repair itself very well/quickly while you practice and play games on it.

I mean, common sense, no?

Also, not seeing anywhere in that article where he actually says he has a setback, he just mentions he's still not 100%; seems like sensationalism to me, I have no idea how that translates to him saying he had a setback last week.
+1. Roddy White's quote just emphasizes that he is not 100% yet, and that he learned that in the game last week. He said to ask him after the bye to determine if he is 100%. So, he still feels he may have a way to go, but I don't see "setback" anywhere.

Maybe he meant a setback to fantasy owners who thought he was close to 100% ;) .

His quotes

(1) “Yeah, and I learned a very valuable lesson from that,” White said. “I ain’t where I need to be yet.”

(2) Asked if he was 100 percent, White said, “I don’t know. I’ll tell you after the bye week.”

refer to http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-falcons/2013/oct/04/falcons-wr-roddy-white-suffered-setback-vs-new-eng/

I'd rather have Fitz than White.
He didnt see it that way and literally laughed at me, glad he didnt take the deal now. The best deals we get are the ones we dont make.

Dynasty - Sold Roddy for Julius Thomas. Gronk owner with no other TE. Still not certain it won't come back to haunt me down the stretch. Roddy could be the #1-#2WR for any team come playoffs - if Gronk is healthy Thomas will be riding the pine.

He is basing it on this post of tweaking his ankle and the fact we knew Julio would be the number 1 sooner or later. Julio has taken the number 1 with this injury.

Perfect buy low.
Not if they continue down the same "let him play through it" path it isn't.

I still don't get the Roddy white thing. If he has a high ankle sprain and rest is the best way to heal it, why is he playing these games?
Agreed. I know some were saying he could play through it.

But I dont see how a walking boot and immobilizing it for a couple weeks wouldn't have been a much better approach.

cool story bro

i felt like making a move for roddy should be something you just do for your playoffs, and anything more than that should be treated as a bonus

given how low i and many others on this forum were able to buy him, i feel like we're still not at the point where we need to panic yet. not close

He is basing it on this post of tweaking his ankle and the fact we knew Julio would be the number 1 sooner or later. Julio has taken the number 1 with this injury.
So now Roddy is a WR3 forever?

Users who are viewing this thread