What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roddy White - who are you benching him for, or starting him over? (1 Viewer)

FUBAR

Footballguy
I'll avoid the AC question, but I'm not liking my options if I bench Roddy this week (Jordan Reed, Patrick Edwards, and Greg Zuerlein are my top choices for flex).

What's the likely scenario for him? The ankle doesn't sound good, but Ryan needs him to perform.

Are you starting him? If so, what are your options?

Benching? Who starts?

I pretty much benched him for KT this week. Going to give him another week to get through the high ankle sprain given his comments on twitter and decoy status last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll avoid the AC question, but I'm not liking my options if I bench Roddy this week (Jordan Reed, Patrick Edwards, and Greg Zuerlein are my top choices for flex).

What's the likely scenario for him? The ankle doesn't sound good, but Ryan needs him to perform.

Benching? Who start
Can you really flex kickers? Or maybe that sarcasm went zooming by my head?

DJax here, too. Would consider Hartline if I had to. Gotta give it a few weeks to feel comfortable here.

Benching? Who start
Can you really flex kickers? Or maybe that sarcasm went zooming by my head?
No sarcasm, we flex kickers. 1-2 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 1-2 Kickers. Total of 3 flex. Kickers tend to be the last resort.

Benching him in favor of Marlon Brown/Jordan Cameron (we have 3WR, 1TE, 1WR/TE Flex). Starting Nicks, Cobb, and Finley too.

Passed on Thompkins last night (luckily), now it will either be

Michael Floyd against the hometown Lions, or Doug Baldwin against the 49er's. I can't decide........

Surprised that no one has mentioned plugging in Harry Douglas for White

IIRC he has four receptions last week for 90+ yards

Starting over Doug Baldwin right now in a league where I suck at WR, would roll with Baldwin if the matchup was better but still unsure. Considering dropping someone for Harry Douglas and potentially starting him instead, but right now I'm leaning towards Roddy or Baldwin.

Torrey Smith vs Haden - PASS. O take a shot with slot WR Gibson and hope for a high scoring game between Mia Indy. :unsure:

"It's hard to cut," said White of his high ankle sprain after being used as a Week 1 decoy. "It's hard to do just about everything ... It will be maybe a few more weeks before I can go out there and be myself." White revealed he was supposed to be on a snap count of 10-15 plays against the Saints, but wound up with about 30 because the coaching staff "wanted me in certain areas to do certain things so that they couldn't just bracket guys." It could be a week or three until White is a fantasy asset. Roddy cautioned his Twitter followers this week to bench him for now

Until he starts practicing fully, or until he shows something positive on the field, I think you have to bench him.

I am benching him in favor of Avery this week.

KellysHeroes said:
"It's hard to cut," said White of his high ankle sprain after being used as a Week 1 decoy. "It's hard to do just about everything ... It will be maybe a few more weeks before I can go out there and be myself." White revealed he was supposed to be on a snap count of 10-15 plays against the Saints, but wound up with about 30 because the coaching staff "wanted me in certain areas to do certain things so that they couldn't just bracket guys." It could be a week or three until White is a fantasy asset. Roddy cautioned his Twitter followers this week to bench him for now
Thanks for the info. Will be on my bench for sure until he's healthier(just picked up Marlon Brown and deciding between Brown/Baldwin) . I don't get why they just didn't sit him out entirely?

Going with Torrey, Hilton and Givens over him. I'm that skeptical that week 2 Roddy isn't going to be significantly better than week 1 Roddy.

Andre Roberts in PPR with the recent news of Fitz injury, crappy Det defense, and Roberts 9 targets last week.

I can start 4 WRs (PPR) and have:

Roddy

Andre Johnson

Steve Johnson

Steve Smith

Miles Austin

I'm starting the other 4 until he gets healthy. Worked out nicely last week. His injury is the reason I'm not shopping someone to upgrade my very weak RB corps.

KellysHeroes said:
Thanks for the info. Will be on my bench for sure until he's healthier(just picked up Marlon Brown and deciding between Brown/Baldwin) . I don't get why they just didn't sit him out entirely?
After reading that I'm benching RW for D Baldwin and hoping Wilson hooks up w/ him again

The player himself has come out to tell everyone to bench him. The True Sharks will of course play him knowing that "never bench your studs".

i wish they would just sit him. I am going to be pissed if he makes the ankle worse and this injury turns into something that lingers most of the season. I am guessing the think he cant make it worse? just seems dumb to play him to me...

cuz the streak man he is to stubborn to get the rest he needs so he is happy with running around like a school kid on recess and being a decoy. Smith is fine with it which is befuddling to me.

I'm going with if Roddy White plays you have to start him.
he played last week, was he a must start with 2 catches???? that's not true at all clutch as he will probably be a decoy next 2 weeks... I look for week 4 vs NE as the target date to deploy him barring any set backs.

The player himself has come out to tell everyone to bench him. The True Sharks will of course play him knowing that "never bench your studs".
Lol

Users who are viewing this thread