What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roddy White (1 Viewer)

Oh Yes!

Footballguy
hard to sit him but i think i am.

Philly is tough vs the pass.

according to espn, only giving up a league best 93 yds a game to opposing wrs.

I think Asante Samuel matches up well with Roddy. This could be a long game for the Falcons as the Eagles will likely man up on the outside and terrorize Matt Ryan all day long

Roddy is increasingly moving towards the top-tier of WRs. On paper, the matchup looks bad, but the way the chemistry with Ryan is working and how often the rook is looking his way, I don't see how one benches Roddy unless they are ridiculously stacked at WR.

Roddy is increasingly moving towards the top-tier of WRs. On paper, the matchup looks bad, but the way the chemistry with Ryan is working and how often the rook is looking his way, I don't see how one benches Roddy unless they are ridiculously stacked at WR.
not stacked, but moose is playing AZ so i might have a shootout there..i think ill flip a coin.

I have been itching to get him in my lineup ... but dont have the heart to bench AJ , TO or Moss to do so... since I am 6-1 either way.

He has been out preforming his draft value and is producing regardless of the matchup.

I benched White against Chicago, with the thought that he would struggle after sufferring a mild concussion in addition to the poor matchup. Never again. After that performance, Roddy White has reached "never sit your studs" status for me. I might get burned against Philly, but I don't think you can sit him given the way he and Ryan torched the Bears D.

Previous bad matchups for Roddy:

Code:
GM		Wk	yds	TD	PPR Pts		Nrm Prts@Car		7	90	0	16			9@GB		8	132	1	27.2			19.2Chi		9	112	1	26.2			17.2 (Had a second TD called back on penalty)
Start Roddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I benched White against Chicago, with the thought that he would struggle after sufferring a mild concussion in addition to the poor matchup. Never again. After that performance, Roddy White has reached "never sit your studs" status for me. I might get burned against Philly, but I don't think you can sit him given the way he and Ryan torched the Bears D.
i know, thats what makes this so hard

Horrible matchup. Also horrible idea to bench him unless you have 3 studs besides him. Hes 5th in my league. No way I ever bench him.

The Eagles CBs are strong. However, our safeties are not. I could easily see them blowing an inside- or deep-help assignment or two that leads to big play(s) for White. See TO in the Cowboys game.

I wouldn't bench a guy that you know is going to get 10+ targets, especially when he has been producing week in and week out regardless of matchup.

The Falcons have Turner to keep the Eagles honest and the Matt Ryan to Roddy White combo has been :pickle: recently. These guys are playing well together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't bench a guy that you know is going to get 10+ targets, especially when he has been producing week in and week out regardless of matchup.
Exactly - the targets are key.And if the Falcons get blown out (which is conceivable), there's always the potential for garbage-time stats.

I have been itching to get him in my lineup ... but dont have the heart to bench AJ , TO or Moss to do so... since I am 6-1 either way.

He has been out preforming his draft value and is producing regardless of the matchup.
:no: I wouldn't do this.

Code:
GM		Wk	yds	TD	PPR Pts		Nrm Prts@Car		7	90	0	16			9@GB		8	132	1	27.2			19.2Chi		9	112	1	26.2			17.2 (Had a second TD called back on penalty)
Start Roddy.
ok fine i will. geeeeeeez
hehe, I'm a homer and sat him for BOTH games.
GB and Chi weren't bad matchups. @Car wasn't good. @Phi is by far the worst of the 4 (3 above + Phi). Philly coming off bye week, is a hard place to play in general, Phi offense should dominate game clock, and Phi has Samuel (and Lito, etc). I'd start someone else if you have a good replacement.

Code:
Start Roddy.
GB and Chi weren't bad matchups. @Car wasn't good. @Phi is by far the worst of the 4 (3 above + Phi). Philly coming off bye week, is a hard place to play in general, Phi offense should dominate game clock, and Phi has Samuel (and Lito, etc). I'd start someone else if you have a good replacement.
This is the correct answer in this thread

Code:
GM		TGT	yds	TD	PPR Pts		Nrm Prts@Car		7	90	0	16			9@GB		8	132	1	27.2			19.2Chi		9	112	1	26.2			17.2 (Had a second TD called back on penalty)
Start Roddy.
You could certainly build a case that this is the toughest matchup. But I think an already confident duo built even more confidence against a tough Chi D. Plus Robinson is back, and Douglas has proven he's a real threat as well. Combine that with Turner and Norwood and Roddy has an excellent chance at a good day, they simply can't focus on him. If Philly can successfully harrass Ryan, and they're certainly capable of doing it, then you'll likely see a mediocre day out of the two. But I don't consider that an automatic, this oline is still underrated right now.

Sort of stacked but most of my guys have questions marks:Need to start two of Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Marques Colston, and Roddy White. I have Johnson and White active at the moment but may sub Colston in for one of them.

Sort of stacked but most of my guys have questions marks:Need to start two of Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Marques Colston, and Roddy White. I have Johnson and White active at the moment but may sub Colston in for one of them.
take it to the AC forum :winkwinklookup:

take it to the AC forum :winkwinklookup:
It's an art form. And thanks.

Code:
Start Roddy.
The Packers have shut down opposing WRs this year including Reggie Wayne and T.O. The only WR who had some success other than Roddy White was Calvin Johnson. The Packers have good starting cornerbacks.

Never, never, never bench your studs--------unless you have a better stud in waiting. :doh:

Carolina is ranked 2nd against the pass, and Roddy got 90 yards receiving against them.

Carolina is ranked 2nd against the pass, and Roddy got 90 yards receiving against them.
And not at 100% IIRC due to his concussion. Main reason why I benched him last time - never again. :mellow:

How will the return of Robinson effect Roddy in the long-term? He was a fan favorite around here last year and appeared to be the early #2 before injury. Does his addition help, hurt or has he fallen behind Jenkins and Douglas completely? While a Roddy owner, I see the falcons next to never!

How will the return of Robinson effect Roddy in the long-term? He was a fan favorite around here last year and appeared to be the early #2 before injury. Does his addition help, hurt or has he fallen behind Jenkins and Douglas completely? While a Roddy owner, I see the falcons next to never!
Just impossible to say. No denying his talent, but he's not the blocker Jenkins is, and that helps the run game. I don't think it hurts Roddy at all, it's just a matter of who's going to get the rest of the balls. I don't think any of them are startable at this point except in the deepest of leagues and, honestly, I like Douglas better than any of them this week.

I drafted him as my WR3/WR4... He's been my most productive I own so far. I also have T.O/Holt/DeSean/Morgan... needless to say, he starts every week regardless of the matchup.

He is really really good. I would take these guys ahead of him. Fitz, Andre Johnson, Marshall and Steve Smith. That's it. That's correct, not Wayne.

He is good WR and could be great if he ran better routes. He is VERY sloppy in and out of his breaks.

I love his dynasty potential.

He is good WR and could be great if he ran better routes. He is VERY sloppy in and out of his breaks.I love his dynasty potential.
The scary thing is that even with bad routes he seems to be able to get open at will. With some focus and a little more toughness, he could be the top WR in the NFL.

He is good WR and could be great if he ran better routes. He is VERY sloppy in and out of his breaks.I love his dynasty potential.
The scary thing is that even with bad routes he seems to be able to get open at will. With some focus and a little more toughness, he could be the top WR in the NFL.
Agreed.He is good after the catch but I was really :goodposting: on his routes. The first pick was a direct result of a poor route. i believe it was a deep in route.

I have to admit I missed the boat on White this year. I thought last year was a fluke and with a rookie QB he'd be borderline worthless. I do have him in one league and started him this week and was rewarded. (It's a 2 WR only start league and I have Marshall and S. Smith.) He is having an incredible year.

He is really really good. I would take these guys ahead of him. Fitz, Andre Johnson, Marshall and Steve Smith. That's it. That's correct, not Wayne.
Don't agree with you on Smith. White will be starting ahead of Marshall for me now. Good thing I have Smith too, got about 50 points this week between the 2 of them, nearly 1/2 of my total. Now if those other bums on my team could just step it up... talking to you Gore.

Users who are viewing this thread