What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roe v. Wade Overturned (2 Viewers)

What federal abortion law is being ignored? 

I mentioned guns - not just abortion .... like cities do with drugs and illegals etc ?  

liberals LOVE to go rogue and be "sanctuary" ... which is just another way of saying they're not going follow rules/laws/regulations ... I was just curious if its ok for conservatives to do that too ?

ding ding ding we have a winner

now in 2050, maybe another SC rules again , who knows? for far too long, people were told abortion was a right vs a ruling ... and they believed it :(
So you equate a sanctuary to protect guns the same as a sanctuary to protect women?

So you equate a sanctuary to protect guns the same as a sanctuary to protect women?

I equate cities/states going against state/federal laws - "sanctuary" - as equating

Sanctuary for illegals, sanctuary for abortions ... states going against federal laws on marijuana  etc etc

See the trend?  What's next? 

and for the record, some see it protecting women, many see it as protecting the unborn who can't protect themselves against death from abortion

"The Council just passed legislation to make Seattle an abortion rights sanctuary city"

do ya'll agree with gun rights sanctuary counties/cities/states?  Ignore Federal State laws - just do what you want to do, right ?
"Sanctuary Cities" are simply those that refuse to use their local tax payer funds to do the job of the federal government.  I have no idea what you think the term means, but based on this post, your definition is wrong.

If you can show me what state or federal abortion law Seattle is breaking, then we can talk about that.  Otherwise you're just bloviating about yet another term you clearly don't know the meaning of.

"Sanctuary Cities" are simply those that refuse to use their local tax payer funds to do the job of the federal government.  I have no idea what you think the term means, but based on this post, your definition is wrong.

If you can show me what state or federal abortion law Seattle is breaking, then we can talk about that.  Otherwise you're just bloviating about yet another term you clearly don't know the meaning of.

sanctuary city       noun

(in North America) a city whose municipal laws tend to protect undocumented immigrants from deportation or prosecution, despite federal immigration law.

"mayors in those cities reaffirmed their status as sanctuary cities"

I don't see anything in the definition that says anything about taxpayer funds or doing a job of fed govt. The above applies of course to illegals, because the term was coined for the cities refusing to follow State and/or Fed laws on illegally here people

If a city is going to be "sanctuary" for drugs, abortion, guns, illegally here people etc etc ..... the definition will be very close to the same. 

I have no idea where you got your definition ?  my point was, if we are going to see states/cities go their own way on drugs, illegals, now abortion .... those are not good precedence's to set

I have no idea where you got your definition ?  my point was, if we are going to see states/cities go their own way on drugs, illegals, now abortion .... those are not good precedence's to set
You still have not provided anything that says Seattle is ignoring a federal abortion law.

Last edited by a moderator:
@IvanKaramazov and several others here predicted that the Dobbs decision would not play a significant role in the November elections, that “suburban women getting mad” was largely a myth, that those who are angered by the SC decision would be countered by those who are happy about it. None of this appears to be the case: 

https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/articles/2022-07-28/abortion-access-could-play-a-key-role-in-these-elections?context=amp
I do think Republican legislatures are their own worst enemy by making an issue out of things like crossing state lines for abortion and getting weird about various edge-case exceptions.  This can become more of a liability if folks continue to over-reach.

Hopefully...you get the idea....if not, there are hundreds of other articles out there if you choose to learn something.

yes I think I do have the idea

https://www.pulj.org/the-roundtable/do-sanctuary-cities-violate-the-law

"No federal law requires state and local governments to cooperate with federal authorities; in fact, the Constitution prohibits the federal government from hijacking states and cities, forcing them to carry out its will"

if this is all true - then states/local governments can pretty much do whatever they want to, can't they ?

I do think Republican legislatures are their own worst enemy by making an issue out of things like crossing state lines for abortion and getting weird about various edge-case exceptions.  This can become more of a liability if folks continue to over-reach.
That’s not helping but the main factor is the decision itself. People believe (with justification IMO) that Trump and the Republican senate installed a radical right majority in the SC who have views that don’t line up with the majority of Americans, particularly on this issue. 

yes I think I do have the idea

https://www.pulj.org/the-roundtable/do-sanctuary-cities-violate-the-law

"No federal law requires state and local governments to cooperate with federal authorities; in fact, the Constitution prohibits the federal government from hijacking states and cities, forcing them to carry out its will"

if this is all true - then states/local governments can pretty much do whatever they want to, can't they ?
Of course not....all that is saying is EXACTLY what I said.  The states/cities are under NO obligation to assist in the carrying out of federal laws.  That's for the federal government to do.  Federal funds should be used to enforce federal laws.  Local/state funds should be used to enforce local/state laws.

What do you think he is saying? 

he was saying pathetic men who don't want the responsibility of being a father (after doing the things that they did to become a father) should not have any power to influence a woman towards an abortion (which is another topic altogether) ... that was how I took it

i didn't read or hear anything on doing away with child support - did I miss it ?

and I didn't understand what the second amendment had to do with any of it 

I mentioned guns - not just abortion .... like cities do with drugs and illegals etc ?  

liberals LOVE to go rogue and be "sanctuary" ... which is just another way of saying they're not going follow rules/laws/regulations ... I was just curious if its ok for conservatives to do that too ?
If people cross state lines to purchase a firearm in Texas that is legal to purchase in the state of Texas, I’m feel pretty good that pretty much every city or town in Texas is a sanctuary city with respect to gun purchases.

Similarly, I don’t think Seattle is refusing to “follow rules/laws/regulations.”  Abortion is legal in Seattle. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If people cross state lines to purchase a firearm in Texas that is legal to purchase in the state of Texas, I’m feel pretty good that pretty much every city or town in Texas is a sanctuary city with respect to gun purchases.

In other words, I don’t think Seattle is refusing to “follow rules/laws/regulations.”  Abortion is legal in Seattle. 

maybe I misunderstood the whole argument presented then .... "Seattle police will not cooperate in arrests or investigations related to abortion bans in other states" ......... that's the guts of Seattle abortion sanctuary law

and, I'm not sure how laws will be forged on going to other states for abortions. I don't know how they can be prevented - 

That’s not helping but the main factor is the decision itself. People believe (with justification IMO) that Trump and the Republican senate installed a radical right majority in the SC who have views that don’t line up with the majority of Americans, particularly on this issue. 
Disagree, but we'll never know since several legislatures did actually overreach.  

maybe I misunderstood the whole argument presented then .... "Seattle police will not cooperate in arrests or investigations related to abortion bans in other states" ......... that's the guts of Seattle abortion sanctuary law

and, I'm not sure how laws will be forged on going to other states for abortions. I don't know how they can be prevented - 
Right. That’s my point. Seattle saying that they won’t participate in investigations related to abortion bans in other states is similar to Waco Texas not participating in the investigation of a legal gun purchase in Texas that subsequently violates Las Vegas’ registration requirement when the person returns there and fails to register the firearm with the city. In other words, it’s not the city’s job to enforce the laws of other states. So Seattle’s approach in the abortion context is consistent with conservative cities’ approach in the gun rights context.

The people in these states have spoken - or will ..... abortion is not popular, it really isn't, look at all the restrictions/bans etc

and more will follow IMO
You posted this prior to the Kansas results? Reliable Kansas.

I was surprised with the KS vote

But if that's what Kansas residents want, that's what they want.

Voters in Kansas rejected a proposed state constitutional amendment Tuesday that would have said there was no right to an abortion in the state, according to The Associated Press.

so for now this is what Kansas has (if I googled right)

RESTRICTIONS ON ABORTION​

In Kansas, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of June 28, 2022:

• A patient must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion, and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.
  • Private insurance policies cover abortion only in cases of life endangerment, unless individuals purchase an optional rider at an additional cost.
  • Health plans offered in the state’s health exchange under the Affordable Care Act can only cover abortion in cases of life endangerment.
  • Abortion is covered in insurance policies for public employees only in cases of life endangerment.
  • The use of telemedicine to administer medication abortion is prohibited.
  • The parents of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided.
  • Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
  • A patient must undergo an ultrasound before obtaining an abortion; the provider must offer the patient the option to view the image.
  • An abortion may be performed at 20 or more weeks postfertilization (22 weeks after the last menstrual period) only in cases of life or severely compromised physical health. This law is based on the assertion, which is inconsistent with scientific evidence and has been rejected by the medical community, that a fetus can feel pain at that point in pregnancy.
  • The state prohibits abortions performed for the purpose of sex selection.

Fetuses aren’t people.
California: Come for the view, Stay for the Abortion!

Seems like a catchy slogan, no? I mean the Supreme Court is actually driving business to California. You should be happy with that.
I bet there is money to be made on an abortion tourism company. Flee your repressive red state, exercise autonomy over your body and go to Disneyland. Sounds like a win/win.

A 6 month old baby?

Investigators were able to obtain her medical records indicating she was 23 weeks pregnant at the time

4 weeks in a month, that's about 6 months old yes
We are now counting how old we are from conception? Hw old are you stealthy?
This is great news, actually. It means average life expectancy for US citizens just increased by 9 months. This should definitely help our world ranking.

We are now counting how old we are from conception? Hw old are you stealthy?

do you have a BIRTHday ? that's the day of your birth - but yes, each person is around 10 months older than our birth records have been date stamped

unless you want to argue you wasn't alive during the pregnancy ?

The extreme views expressed by @Stealthycat and @John123 in this thread, that teenagers who have abortions should face legal penalty including prison time, is a major reason why the Republican Party will suffer very significantly over this issue in future elections.

The extreme views expressed by @Stealthycat and @John123 in this thread, that teenagers who have abortions should face legal penalty including prison time, is a major reason why the Republican Party will suffer very significantly over this issue in future elections.

its biology 101

and its the laws that the people/state of Nebraska want

they're not what YOU want, so you label them "extreme" ... and I think the Democrats will suffer for continuing to insist on killing unborn

Users who are viewing this thread