What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ronnie Brown's Trade Value (1 Viewer)

Loomba

Footballguy
Given the recent developments, I suspect Ronnie Brown will be targeted in lots of leagues. What trades have folks seen since Ricky's news broke?

Havent seen any trades, but Brown was already a top 15 RB for dynasty. I think a lot of people were already factoring the eventuality that Brown would be the sole feature back into his value. This development could push his value closer to caddy and that 7-10 range, but its not a huge jump. I think most of his owners were already thinking of him of a sole feature back value-wise when trade offers came their way.

As far as trade value I would think that Ronnie Brown owners will be much less likely to be willing to trade him now that they have less concern about Brown splitting time in 2006 than they did before when Saban was saying Ricky would be the starter.

If Ricky will be suspended or not is still unknown. But even so I think the talk about Ricky being the lead back may have had more to do with generating trade interest from other teams than it did with Sabans actual intentions for the pecking order.

Ricky did outplay Brown in the later part of the season when Brown may have been hitting a rookie wall and the Dolphins knew they could not make the playoffs. Thus allowing them to play Ricky to increase his trade value.

All of that effort is for nothing now with Ricky's status in question.

I am offering Chad Johnson - dynasty league and I have ROy Williams and Steve Smith already. I need protection from having Dom Davis if the Texans take Reggie!

I am offering Chad Johnson - dynasty league and I have ROy Williams and Steve Smith already. I need protection from having Dom Davis if the Texans take Reggie!
As a Ronnie Brown owner who also has LT2 and Portis , I would take Chad Johnson to pair with Moss/Boldin.

Now is the time to trade Brown if you own him and either can afford to thin your RB stable OR you need help at WR / other slots.

Miami can still bring in additional backs and/or draft more RBs.

Brown's stock is at the peak right now. ANY news about RBs in Miami at this point would diminish his value. From Ricky getting cleared (doubtful) to bringing in Duckett or another back.

Edge would be a great fit in Miami, of course, but not enough carries to go around....

Don't think I'd end up dealing Brown. Solid receiver out of the backfield for PPR leagues & I think the backup Miami RB will be attainable (if Ricky is infact gone). And IMO Miami's a franchise on the rise. (Brees possibility, Chambers + McMichael and anyone else they bring in).

I'd consider dealing him if I had a solid #2 and were getting a Top 5 WR.

Now is the time to trade Brown if you own him and either can afford to thin your RB stable OR you need help at WR / other slots.

Brown's stock is at the peak right now. ANY news about RBs in Miami at this point would diminish his value. From Ricky getting cleared (doubtful) to bringing in Duckett or another back.

Edge would be a great fit in Miami, of course, but not enough carries to go around....
I guess we know how you feel about Ronnie's chances to become an elite back. If Ronnie is the lone option in the backfield next year and he puts up top 5 numbers, you don't think his value would be higher then? Also, how do you figure that Miami would decide to spend money or picks to bring in a starting caliber back when they spent the #2 overall pick on Ronnie last year? The team would be much better off rebuilding its offensive line and getting a real QB (for starters).

I traded R.Brown and the 1.4 rookie pick for Portis, Betts, 1.8, 2.11,2.12 before Ricky got busted.

I'm not so sure I wouldn't still make that deal even after knowing Ricky could be gone for a year....but would ask for slightly more.

:confused:

I guess we know how you feel about Ronnie's chances to become an elite back. If Ronnie is the lone option in the backfield next year and he puts up top 5 numbers, you don't think his value would be higher then? Also, how do you figure that Miami would decide to spend money or picks to bring in a starting caliber back when they spent the #2 overall pick on Ronnie last year? The team would be much better off rebuilding its offensive line and getting a real QB (for starters).
Your line of thinking is EXACTLY why this would be his peak time to trade him.I am NOT saying that if he is one of your best options, absolutely trade him. But - if you shop him right now, you will get max value.

Sure he has upside if he proves to have a fabulous season this fall, but his upside / potential is less than his downside risk (injury, competition, etc.).

It is a fact that there are a number of RBs that will look for a home this season. If one of those winds up in Miami as the #2 and steals some of his carries, how would you feel then? You have top dollar opportunity right now to wrestle away an established elite RB, should that be your choice.

It is food for thought, not necessarily a recommendation to act upon it.

I traded him for Edge straight up shortly after Edge went to ARI.

:unsure:

Hopefully Brown will continue to improve and realize his "potential". Not sure if DC coming to MIA helps or hurts him. I would have to say I am fairly excited about his upside this season.

Hopefully Brown will continue to improve and realize his "potential". Not sure if DC coming to MIA helps or hurts him. I would have to say I am fairly excited about his upside this season.
:bye:

Tough call there. I'm very high on Brown and there's really no "potential" for him achieve. He's on a team that likes to run the ball and had a rookie year better than Emmitt's except for the TD's. Edge is a safe RB and is in a very good situation so he should be good for the next few years.

For Ronnie Brown, I'm pretty convinced that it's tough to trade him OR acquire him.

For the owners who have him, and I'm assuming we're talking dynasty/keeper leagues here and not redrafts, the owners who have him can see (or feel they can) his upside and are figuratively drooling over him.

For the owners who want to acquire him, they know he's good, but he hasn't yet shown he's worth the price he's commanding.

Catch-22.

:bag: :bye: :o I wouldn't be surprised if Brown equals Edge's numbers THIS coming year with the o-line another year in Houck's system and Shelton coming on board. This is irregardless of who's at QB.

I'm in a 3 keeper league and I traded Portis for Brown and 5.09 & 5.10. I think he has a ton of potential and i'm taking a flyer on the whole Ricky thing, guessing he will be sittin for a little while. The trade was made shortly after the latest RW news came out (late March).

I'm all in on Brown and am actively trying to trade for him. Price is either the so high that its incredible and not do-able, or the owner simply doesn't want to trade him.

I don't expect to see many Brown trades as his perceived value is very very high, more than most are willing to pay.

I have him at RB5 for dynasties, in an 8-man tier below the top three.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was offered Edge James for Ronnie Brown straight up and I passed. Just another data point of how someone else sees Ronnie in a dynasty league.

Bump his value for 2006.

Week 15: at Buffalo (ranked # 31 2005 rush defense)

Week 16: vs. Jets (#29) MNF

Users who are viewing this thread