What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookie comparison to current NFL players (1 Viewer)

jeter23

Footballguy
Found this in ESPN NFL Draft preview magazine and I thought I would share.

Leinart ---> Brady

Cutler ---> Favre

Young ---> Vick

Jacobs ---> Brunell

Bush ---> M Faulk

Williams --> LT

White ---> Lewis

Maroney --> Portis

Calhoun ---> JJones

Drew --> Westbrook

Addai --> A Green

Holmes --> Evans

C Jackson --> Stallworth

S Moss --> S Smith

Hagan --> Holt

Stovall --> Burress

Avant --> Ward

V Davis --> Crumpler

Pope --> Witten

Byrd --> McMichael

Lewis --> Gonzo

Fasano --> Franks

Last edited by a moderator:
They really take high-side comparisons to a new level here. I'd like to see who they feel are the low-side comparisons as well.

tell Canton that we need to get a construction project going so there will be room in a few years

Holmes --> Evans

C Jackson --> Stalloworth

S Moss --> S Smith

Hagan --> Holt

Stovall --> Burress

Avant --> Ward

V Davis --> Crumpler

Pope --> Witten

Byrd --> McMichael

Lewis --> Gonzo

Fasaon --> Franks
Strange to see the consensus #1 WR and #1 TE being compared to lesser players than the others. (Ok, Alge > Bubba, but still)

They really take high-side comparisons to a new level here. I'd like to see who they feel are the low-side comparisons as well.
I agree 100%, they are going best case scenario on most of these guys. I just thought it would be interesting for some.You're right, the lower ranked prospects are a little more interesting.

Marcus Vick ---> Mike McMahon

Quinton Porter ---> Todd Collins

Bryson Sumlin ---> Reno Mahe

Quinton Ganther ---> Joe Burns

Sean Coffey ---> Justin Gage

Jared Ellerson ---> Ricky Proehl

Holmes --> Evans

C Jackson --> Stallworth

S Moss --> S Smith

Hagan --> Holt

Stovall --> Burress

Avant --> Ward
In that case, it's a good year to trade down. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
They really take high-side comparisons to a new level here.  I'd like to see who they feel are the low-side comparisons as well.
I agree 100%, they are going best case scenario on most of these guys. I just thought it would be interesting for some.You're right, the lower ranked prospects are a little more interesting.

To whom? If I was a GM drafting Marcus Vick and I said, "he's gonna be better than Mike Mcmahon." I wouldn't be expecting to keep my job. Todd Collins has thrown like 12 passes in his career. I'm likely to be a better NFL Qb than he is.

Other than being black and a good runner, what do Vick and Young have in common?

Seriously. Vick is left-handed and super short while Young is right handed and 6'4". I'd liken Young more to Culpepper personally.

To whom? If I was a GM drafting Marcus Vick and I said, "he's gonna be better than Mike Mcmahon." I wouldn't be expecting to keep my job. Todd Collins has thrown like 12 passes in his career. I'm likely to be a better NFL Qb than he is.
I was thinking more interesting, as in entertaining/comical.

They really take high-side comparisons to a new level here.  I'd like to see who they feel are the low-side comparisons as well.

Actually he's thrown 546 passes in his carreer.
Code:
But only 27 in the last 8 years.

I was thinking more interesting, as in entertaining/comical.
:bag: Not familiar with your style. It is, very comical.

Users who are viewing this thread