What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ROS: Godwin, Meredith or Tre'quon Smith? (1 Viewer)

KingPrawn

Footballguy
PPR league and I currently have Chris Godwin as my 4th WR. He's been pretty consistent so far this year.

Would Cam Meredith or Tre'quon Smith be a better option in PPR than Godwin? My top 3 WRs are A.J. Green, Smith-Schuster and Sanders.

Godwin has been consistent and good for around 4-5 catches per game for 50-60 yards.

Meredith seems like the play in a PPR and I would think be able to duplicate Godwin's numbers in a better offense

Smith seems like a boom or bust guy and be inconsistent from week to week.

Thoughts?

TIA

What do you need this position to do?  Are you looking for high floor or high upside?  Is this for a bye week fill in only or do you play 4 WR's every week?  Each of these guys has a value depending on what you are looking for.  If this is a bench depth stash then I would want the guy with the biggest upside that if he shows he can hit his upside each week he can crack your lineup.  To me that is Smith.  If he becomes the deep threat for the Saints he could be a difference maker and an every week starter.  I don't see Godwin or Meredith doing that.  If you need a high floor and don't care about upside Godwin seems like a good fit for that.  Meredith is kind of stuck in limbo because he is still getting comfortable in the lineup with the Saints.  Not really sure what his floor is going to be but so far it hasn't been as good as Godwin. 

Gally said:
What do you need this position to do?  Are you looking for high floor or high upside?  Is this for a bye week fill in only or do you play 4 WR's every week?  Each of these guys has a value depending on what you are looking for.  If this is a bench depth stash then I would want the guy with the biggest upside that if he shows he can hit his upside each week he can crack your lineup.  To me that is Smith.  If he becomes the deep threat for the Saints he could be a difference maker and an every week starter.  I don't see Godwin or Meredith doing that.  If you need a high floor and don't care about upside Godwin seems like a good fit for that.  Meredith is kind of stuck in limbo because he is still getting comfortable in the lineup with the Saints.  Not really sure what his floor is going to be but so far it hasn't been as good as Godwin. 
Thanks for taking the time to answer. Your post was very helpful. We start 2 WRs and a flex so I've been starting 3 WRs each week. I'm ok with my RBs to cover WR bye weeks so I was looking for a guy with big upside. Godwin has been putting up pretty decent numbers for a flex but it seems like it's been TD dependent with yardage steady around 50-60 yards. I'm not sure his TD rate can continue hough so looking for a guy with a bit more weekly yards per game.

Users who are viewing this thread