What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RT sports issue (1 Viewer)

So I have 75 teams with about half of them on rt. I usually have all lineup decisions done by Saturday and only check in Sunday on teams with guys who are gametime decisions. Anyways I noticed last night that Shane Vereen wasn't in my lineup on a team where I knew I had started him. I checked my emails and in my junk folder Sunday morning I had several emails saying rt had taken out Vereen and put in a replacement in several leagues. Obviously this is done to ensure everyone starts a full lineup(since he was technically on IR still this week).

Now here's the problem. I emailed rt about it last night upset that my lineups had been altered and that I know in some cases the replacement outscored Vereen, but I would like Vereen put into every lineup that I intended on starting him. Here's the response I got:

Good Morning,

You only had 2 leagues where that was an issue. Where having Vereen was more points than the replacement. We started Vereen in those leagues.

Alicia

This is obviously the worst possible way rt could handle this as it's unfair to every owner in the league not just the owner I played head to head. Either add Vereen to all lineups I intended on starting him(which I think is the right action) or say sorry those are the breaks.

Thoughts???

Would have happened to me also. I got my email about 30 minutes prior to the 1pm kickoffs so I was able to switch it back. It's frustrating because at the same time, their "in the interest of fair play" software will start Backup Mcflunky at WR instead of Josh Gordon.

I'm just shocked that they insist that they only insert Vereen into the lineups where he outscored whoever I had in there. It seems unfair to everyone else in the league. I assume I'm on the other end of it in other leagues.

My objection here is that they're baby sitting the leagues at all. Guaranteeing lineups? What?? How long has this been going on?

Frankly with 75 teams you deserve this just a tad bit...but I do agree, insert him in every one or none. Then again with 75 teams can you see them now "yeah right freak"

Why should I have to recheck my lineup after setting it? Either way I'm not complaining about the fact their software pulled him from my lineup and would be okay with them not putting him back in my lineup. I'm just alerting anyone who plays on rts that they're allowing the owners of Vereen to decide if they want him put in lineup(basically if he scored more than whoever the system put in).

i see, thanks for the heads up

actually after rereading the post It looks bad that they got involved at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should I have to recheck my lineup after setting it? Either way I'm not complaining about the fact their software pulled him from my lineup and would be okay with them not putting him back in my lineup. I'm just alerting anyone who plays on rts that they're allowing the owners of Vereen to decide if they want him put in lineup(basically if he scored more than whoever the system put in).
My initial response to your OP was that RTSports--or any service--shouldn't be messing with your lineups at all. If you are ok with it given certain parameters then that's a different story. This sounds like a programming issue.

My longstanding league is with RTSports and we have generally been satisfied with their system. What we do every week is to designate a substitute in case the player we started does not see the field for some reason--not a single play. Carrying two QB's on the roster it's an automatic--had my Case Keenum not taken a snap I would have automatically been switched to Kaep. With multiple choices I had to name RB and WR subs in advance--Jennings for RB and Brown for WR. That way I could designate Vereen in time for early game lineups, and had he not been activated by the Pats it would have given me the points for Jennings. As it was those points remained on my bench.

I don't know if this is programmed into the management system or if our league commish has to manually perform the task but it's been working well for years. There is no other change that the management service performs without it being initiated by our league that I know of.

eta for the circumstances--I've had this work once this year already but can't find the case right off. There are so many times we don't know if a player is going to be activated in time for a game that we initiated this procedure years ago. I used Vereen as an example here but actually did not try to play him so I can't say for sure they didn't treat him as an isolated case given all the advance press. Maybe you should contact them.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've used rt for ten years and have never had this issue. In fact it allows lazy morons in our league to start bye week players. I'm unclear if this is a setting your commish can turn on or off?

Users who are viewing this thread