What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rule Change. (1 Viewer)

Freedonia

Footballguy
I have not put a lot of thought into this yet. It is just an idea for a rule that seems like a good idea to me. Has anyone ever played in a league where owners could negotiate the amount of points a player would be credited with for a fantasy game. Example: You play in a league where you get 1 pt for every 20 yards passing and 4 pts for each TD. You are playing a person who has P. Manning at QB. You could offer say 23pts as a score for P. Manning. If your oppent accepts Manning is credited with 23 pts regardless of performance. If he does not accept he can counter offer until you come to an agrement. If no agreement can be reached you get the points scored by the player. I know you could no longer use Pts scored for Tie breakers, but other than that I do not see a real downside. Just seems like a fun idea that could reward active owners with good projections.

Any thoughts

Owners are generally overly optimistic about their players. I feel like a fair offer of 26 points for peyton would never be accepted because of the fear of missing out on his 50 point games.

seems like it would cause 500000 arguments because some guy takes less points than he should, and he is the oppenent of someone that some other owners needs to beat, and yadda yadda yadda.

I like the idea LOT for aleague with 12 solid owners.

I can see a TON of downside for leagues that are not strong in this regard.

nice idea though

seems like it would cause 500000 arguments because some guy takes less points than he should, and he is the oppenent of someone that some other owners needs to beat, and yadda yadda yadda.

nice idea though
It would open up a whole new line of "Should I veto this" threads.

nice idea though
My thoughts exactly. I doubt I would actually play in a league like this, but if you can find the people willing to do it, it should be cool...

I love this idea for side bets between owners, but not as something that could effect the standings of the league overall. You'll get 10,000 "Well he accepted a lower point total for Bob than he did for me and that caused me to lose and not him!" etc. etc.

I do really like the concept though. I love a good gamble and this adds an interesting dimension to a fantasy football matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread