What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rumor has it... (1 Viewer)

switz

Footballguy
No details on injury... was told probably just aggravated the hamstring, and unkown how long he will be impacted by it...

But if you haven't already, it's probably time to write him off for the season...

dang juicy mathcup this week too. Glad i have Rhodes and he has looked better than JA anyway.

You have some Colts source or something switz?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up switz.

Can you keep this info away from sites like RotoWorld and RotoWire until Thursday so I can grab Rhodes? TIA. :lmao:

Thanks for the heads up switz. Can you keep this info away from sites like RotoWorld and RotoWire until Thursday so I can grab Rhodes? TIA. :goodposting:
What info? He said he was told it may have been a reaggrivation of the hammy, yet states there's no details. The heading is "Rumor has it". Can we get a little more information on where this information came from? I was strongly considering trading for Addai based on his playoff schedule.

Thanks for the heads up switz. Can you keep this info away from sites like RotoWorld and RotoWire until Thursday so I can grab Rhodes? TIA. :unsure:
What info? He said he was told it may have been a reaggrivation of the hammy, yet states there's no details. The heading is "Rumor has it".
As long as I've been here, I've never seen switz posted BS info. We may disagree about players from time to time ;) but the guy is a top-notch poster. I realize it's just a rumor but Rhodes is available in my league and I'd like to grab him on the cheap this week to cover myself in case Addai really is hurt. I was just having a little fun is all. In all seriousness, Addai did have to leave the game several times yesterday and he was standing on the sidelines without his helmet on when the Colts went on their game-winning drive, capped by the TD pass to Rhodes. As I said in my first post in this thread, I would not be surprised to learn the reason he left the game so often is because he got hurt again.Everyone is free to evaluate the info as they wish. Based on my interactions with switz, I don't think he'd post something here - even if it was just a rumor - unless he was quite certain of its validity. Given how the Colts blatantly lie about the health of their players (I realize every team does that but some - like Indy - are worse than others) this type of info could be all we learn about Addai's health this week. I consider that valuable.Your mileage may vary and all that.

Thanks for the heads up switz. Can you keep this info away from sites like RotoWorld and RotoWire until Thursday so I can grab Rhodes? TIA. :unsure:
Rhodes was in for all of the last few Drives of the game. I just assumed it was because they were in passing packages, and just assumed Rhodes was the better blocker.Anyone have any more info on 'said' injury or see him leave the game?

What info? He said he was told it may have been a reaggrivation of the hammy, yet states there's no details. The heading is "Rumor has it".
As long as I've been here, I've never seen switz posted BS info. We may disagree about players from time to time ;) but the guy is a top-notch poster. I realize it's just a rumor but Rhodes is available in my league and I'd like to grab him on the cheap this week to cover myself in case Addai really is hurt. I was just having a little fun is all. In all seriousness, Addai did have to leave the game several times yesterday and he was standing on the sidelines without his helmet on when the Colts went on their game-winning drive, capped by the TD pass to Rhodes. As I said in my first post in this thread, I would not be surprised to learn the reason he left the game so often is because he got hurt again.
Not saying hes lying but switz has been an Addai apologist since the dawn of time. Perhaps hes looking to make up an excuse for his struggles by saying he reinjured himself so that even if he plays next week and doesnt do well the excuse will be ready. Its like the boy who cried wolf.

As long as I've been here, I've never seen switz posted BS info. We may disagree about players from time to time ;) but the guy is a top-notch poster. I realize it's just a rumor but Rhodes is available in my league and I'd like to grab him on the cheap this week to cover myself in case Addai really is hurt. I was just having a little fun is all. In all seriousness, Addai did have to leave the game several times yesterday and he was standing on the sidelines without his helmet on when the Colts went on their game-winning drive, capped by the TD pass to Rhodes. As I said in my first post in this thread, I would not be surprised to learn the reason he left the game so often is because he got hurt again.
Not saying hes lying but switz has been an Addai apologist since the dawn of time. Perhaps hes looking to make up an excuse for his struggles by saying he reinjured himself so that even if he plays next week and doesnt do well the excuse will be ready. Its like the boy who cried wolf.
See my edit. I don't see switz doing that. He's a big Addai fan, but again I don't think he'd come here and post something that didn't have any truth to it - even if he's clearly stating it's just a rumor.

Rhodes was in for all of the last few Drives of the game. I just assumed it was because they were in passing packages, and just assumed Rhodes was the better blocker.Anyone have any more info on 'said' injury or see him leave the game?
I just assumed it was because Addai was hop, skipping, and dancing behind the line more than Fred Astaire while Rhodes was running with some authority.

Thanks for the heads up switz. Can you keep this info away from sites like RotoWorld and RotoWire until Thursday so I can grab Rhodes? TIA. ;)
See my edit. I don't see switz doing that. He's a big Addai fan, but again I don't think he'd come here and post something that didn't have any truth to it - even if he's clearly stating it's just a rumor.
Yeah I dont think he is either but I think its a possibility.

That's cool. That's why I said everyone has to evaluate the info on their own. For me, I just moved Rhodes to the top of my RB list this week in my league where I have to replace Torain.

Switz knows his chit on Addai and whether he comes off as his biggest supporter or not, I actually thought he showed some nads posting the rumored re-injury knowing that some wisenheimers would give him the business.

The board is about gaining an edge. Gaining an edge that the average guy doesn't have. If Rhodes is for some insane reason on any league's waiver/free agent wire and Switz's post that Addai is RUMORED to be hurt and you have the room to safely roster Rhodes "just in case" before the other guy, you do it. Otherwise, sit and wait.

Either Switz is on to something or he's not, but he never said it was a fact; merely rumor. I can't understand why people waste time thinking a guy is posting on this particular board to cover his rear about supporting a particular player, perhaps even moreso than many do, when all he really stands to do in that scenario is risk his credibility in the community he contributes to regularly.

Get a clue. And then go get Rhodes. If you look like a genius in a few days, common back and eat some crow. If not, oh well. Rhodes is running better than Addai is in 2008, period and should be rostered regardless.

Again, what struck me yesterday was how often Addai had to leave the game. He was in and out of the lineup in the second half and wasn't on the field at all when the Colts needed a big drive to win the game. Contrast that with last week's game when he played nearly the entire game. Typically, he gets spelled for a series or two during the game and that's what happened last week. But yesterday, he was out of the lineup quite a bit in the second half. At the very least, that's a minor red flag that either he isn't right or the Colts plan to get Rhodes more involved because it was a rather significant break from how they normally play Addai. At worst, it's an indication he is hurt again.

I don't have a problem with Addai being injured, just when he tries to play injured. I wonder if Dungy follows Hasslett's form with SJax. After Jackson promised he could play and then couldn't Hasslett required that SJax prove it in practice. If Addai can prove he can play then I'm OK, but if he can't let Rhodes carry the load. It's not like this is Denver and they are signing guys off the practice squad and the street to play RB.

Switz knows his chit on Addai and whether he comes off as his biggest supporter or not, I actually thought he showed some nads posting the rumored re-injury knowing that some wisenheimers would give him the business.The board is about gaining an edge. Gaining an edge that the average guy doesn't have. If Rhodes is for some insane reason on any league's waiver/free agent wire and Switz's post that Addai is RUMORED to be hurt and you have the room to safely roster Rhodes "just in case" before the other guy, you do it. Otherwise, sit and wait.Either Switz is on to something or he's not, but he never said it was a fact; merely rumor. I can't understand why people waste time thinking a guy is posting on this particular board to cover his rear about supporting a particular player, perhaps even moreso than many do, when all he really stands to do in that scenario is risk his credibility in the community he contributes to regularly.Get a clue. And then go get Rhodes. If you look like a genius in a few days, common back and eat some crow. If not, oh well. Rhodes is running better than Addai is in 2008, period and should be rostered regardless.
:goodposting:

Switz,

I know that this just a rumor but do you have any specifics? I am currently on cruise control for playoffs, just wondering if he will be back for the stretch run, or if I should look to move on without him. Thanks for your help.

per rotoworld.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=3646

Joseph Addai was not in Sunday's game against Pittsburgh on the Colts' last drive.

That is fairly typical for the Colts and anyone watching the game saw the Dominic Rhodes looked like the better player. There have been no reports of Addai aggravating his hamstring injury yet, but he was in and out of the lineup throughout the second half. Keep an eye on the situation and grab Dominic Rhodes.

Any updates here? The Colts have some pretty nice rushing matchups coming up and wondering if Rhodes is worth a pick up.

eek, and i just picked addai of waivers a couple weeks back. traded LT and have addai and parker!! what a bad choice of RB's this year...

cant really complain though, used kevin smith and pittman for the better half of the season

No details on injury... was told probably just aggravated the hamstring, and unkown how long he will be impacted by it...But if you haven't already, it's probably time to write him off for the season...
Ah crap. :wall: This guy has been a huge bust this year for two of my teams.You might have just saved my #### in another one of my leagues with this tidbit, Switz.Thx for the heads up. :thumbup: :confused:

Petey said:
eek, and i just picked addai of waivers a couple weeks back. traded LT and have addai and parker!! what a bad choice of RB's this year...cant really complain though, used kevin smith and pittman for the better half of the season
Hi petey,what kind of league do you play in that has addai on waivers??? your team sucks BTW ;)

This news sucks! I've got a deal in place where I'd get Orton/Addai for Bulger/MJD. I was hoping for a healthy Addai in the playoffs because his schedule is a joke. Should he really be written off for the season? I doubt I could get Rhodes right now without paying through the nose. :pics:

The real question is - how hurt is he now? Did he tweak it a little and will split time with Rhodes now? Or will he sit out a week or more?

The real question is - how hurt is he now? Did he tweak it a little and will split time with Rhodes now? Or will he sit out a week or more?
Dungy hasn't mentioned anything about Addai getting reinjured. He only mentioned that Harrison suffered a concussion in the game.

Dungy hasn't mentioned anything about Addai getting reinjured. He only mentioned that Harrison suffered a concussion in the game.
Dungy also didn't mention the fact Addai hurt his hamstring in practice the week leading up to the Baltimore game. That nugget was given to us by the CBS announcers after Addai got hurt against the Ravens. I'm a big fan of Dungy's but the guy is on Belichick's level when it comes to BSing about his team's injuries.

Dungy also didn't mention the fact Addai hurt his hamstring in practice the week leading up to the Baltimore game. That nugget was given to us by the CBS announcers after Addai got hurt against the Ravens. I'm a big fan of Dungy's but the guy is on Belichick's level when it comes to BSing about his team's injuries.
From a football perspective, isn't this the smart thing to do?

I'm aware of that. I was simply stating that Dungy hasn't said anything about Addai getting reinjured. I would not be surprised if nothing is wrong with Addai, and Dominic was used more in the 4th quarter because he has been hitting the holes harder than Addai, and he was fresher at that point in the game.

From a football perspective, isn't this the smart thing to do?
Sure. My point, though, is I wouldn't take the fact that Dungy hasn't mentioned anything about Addai to be a clear sign everything is OK. If he was going to lie about Addai's status before, chances are he'll lie about it again.

I'm aware of that. I was simply stating that Dungy hasn't said anything about Addai getting reinjured. I would not be surprised if nothing is wrong with Addai, and Dominic was used more in the 4th quarter because he has been hitting the holes harder than Addai, and he was fresher at that point in the game.
No argument that Rhodes looked a lot better than Addai. But now you have another reason to be concerned about Addai. If he isn't hurt and he's being sat when the game is on the line in favor of Rhodes, then his fantasy value will take a major plunge (assuming that's even possible at this point). Either way, an ugly season for Addai just keeps getting uglier.

No argument that Rhodes looked a lot better than Addai. But now you have another reason to be concerned about Addai. If he isn't hurt and he's being sat when the game is on the line in favor of Rhodes, then his fantasy value will take a major plunge (assuming that's even possible at this point). Either way, an ugly season for Addai just keeps getting uglier.
From the games I've seen of the Colts this year, Rhodes has looked better than Addai. I'm not saying that Rhodes has set the field on fire with his play, but he hits the holes harder than Addai, and gets some tough yards behind that struggling OL. Addai dances behind that OL, and is getting clobbered. Maybe Addai isn't 100%, but he really didn't look that great last year either. If I were Dungy and the game was coming down to the wire, I'd put Rhodes in.

If you have roster room and aren't charged fees then why not pick him up just in case. They have a great matchup this week.

I think Switz is just tired of trying to come up with new excuses for Addai every week, so he just thought he would cover the rest of the season with this.

If you were to ask me to play word association for the last 2-3 years, and the word was Maroney. My response would be Addai, and vice versa.

Just my gut on these guys since the first time I saw them, Is Addai that bad, no. Cut from the same cloth, yes.

Addai just appears to lack the explosion necessary to be a difference maker at running back. No matter, so long as he receives the lion's share of the touches with Manning at the helm he should produce top 10 numbers. But IMO, he's also at risk of the Colts bringing in a true difference maker if he continues to look lethargic out there. I mean he's being shown up on a weekly basis by Rhoades, so I'm hoping that something is physically wrong with Addai although I suspect that not to be the case.

personally, I own both Addai and Rhodes, and I agree that Rhodes has looked much better this year in the limited game action I've been able to see. I hope they shut Addai down for a few games to get healthy, that way I know I can play Rhodes with confidence in a few must win fantasy matchups.

Haven't heard anything about Addai being re-injured. I'm not sure he ever got healthy to begin with.

As for the Rhodes VS. Addai argument, I think they've looked about equal. Rhodes has looked better at breaking tackles and pass catching, but Addai has been a much better short-yardage runner(with an uncanny ability to always squeak forward) and has been a better blocker.

I think Addai is a far better back than Rhodes when there is a hole, unfortunately for Addai they have been few and far between and playing teams like NE and Pitt they've gotten more out of Rhodes hard charging style. The problem is the Colts bread and butter play(the stretch) isn't working and that also happens to be Addai's specialty.

If Addai is healthy I doubt Rhodes will see the field much more than any other 2nd RB. Maybe a 70-30 split. If Addai can play, he's still a good fantasy option down the stretch and should shine in their upcoming match ups.

What else you guys have to remember is look who Indy has played this season and their offensive line ain't as strong as it's been in the past (note why the stretch plays hasn't been too successful). Hopefully with this upcoming schedule Addai, if healthy, can prove to everyone why he was a top 5-10 fantasy back and if hurt, Rhodes can hopefully step up like he did when Edge tore his ACL ages ago.

Addai hasn't looked right all year. I thought he was a very good back in his first 1.5 years, but he isn't one right now. If both are healthy, then Addai is better than Rhodes, but right now - Rhodes is better than this version of Addai.

I won't speak for the first few weeks of the season because I didn't watch much of the Colts but I've been watching them more recently...Addai's not right. I'm contemplating starting Rhodes over Benson/backup Saints RB (I have all three of them) simply because I see the same thing as last week happening against a weak defense.

Is there any confirmation of the injury? I haven't been able to locate anything in print that would suggest Addai will miss time. I guess will have to see how he participates in practice this week.

Users who are viewing this thread