What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rumor: Mega-deal between 3 teams... (1 Viewer)

freddyg

Footballguy
I'm a jets fan and I just had to share this thread from my jetsinsider.net messageboard.

A fella, who seems somewhat credible, is claiming that Tom Condon is working on a multi-team trade that would result in Leinart going #2, as he promised:

1. Houston - bush

2. Oakland from NO- Leinart

3. Titans - Young

4. NO from Jets- Mario

7. Jets from NO - D'Brick who the Jets trade + D. Robertson for Mario.

There are other players and picks involved but, the above is the bottom line.

It's a monster thread and, at the very least, I know that you football junkies will enjoy the read even though it's just an unsubstantiated rumor at this point. It is a very interesting read and the "insider" feeding the board appears to be quite knowledgable about what's been occurring in NYC over the past day in meetings between several teams.

Enjoy....http://jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115575&page=1 :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a jets fan and I just had to share this thread from my jetsinsider.net messageboard.

A fella, who seems somewhat credible, is claiming that Tom Condon is working on a multi-team trade that would result in Leinart going #2, as he promised:

1. Houston - bush

2. Oakland from NO- Leinart

3. Titans - Young

4. NO from Jets- Mario

7. Jets from NO - D'Brick who the Jets trade + D. Robertson for Mario.

There are other players and picks involved but, the above is the bottom line.

It's a monster thread and, at the very least, I know that you football junkies will enjoy the read even though it's just an unsubstantiated rumor at this point. It is a very interesting read and the "insider" feeding the board appears to be quite knowledgable about what's been occurring in NYC over the past day in meetings between several teams.

Enjoy....http://jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115575&page=1 :popcorn:
If this trade were to go down, I can assure you that Tennessee would trade out of the #3 spot. Cutler/Young will be avaliable 5 picks later and you know that plenty of people would love the chance to jump up and grab Mario at #3.

Brick falling to #7 to make all this happen is hard to believe.
It happens every year that a player we think is a lock for top 3-5 falls.ETA: I'd love to see what Oakland is giving up to move up to #2.

It's much more complicated than what I've posted here but, yes, a definite concern is GB & SF. Also, the Titans are involved and they aren't willing to just play good shepard and take Young @ 3 for nothing. Although, this insider says that they have all 3 QBs rated the same. Apparently, they are demanding Porter and/or picks from the Raiders to follow along.

This makes no sense for the Jets.

They trade down from 4 - 7 and then trade Ferguson & Robertson for Mario.

Why don't they just stay at 4 and take Mario there??? This way they don't have to give up on Robertson.

There has to be much more to this trade for the Jets to even consider it.

It happens every year that a player we think is a lock for top 3-5 falls.ETA: I'd love to see what Oakland is giving up to move up to #2.
I was thinking the same thing.This reeks of a FFer's dream, or at least one that won't get done.

If this whole thing is contingent on Brick falling to #7, good luck.

It's much more complicated than what I've posted here but, yes, a definite concern is GB & SF. Also, the Titans are involved and they aren't willing to just play good shepard and take Young @ 3 for nothing. Although, this insider says that they have all 3 QBs rated the same. Apparently, they are demanding Porter and/or picks from the Raiders to follow along.Read the Bongo59 posts in the thread - he's the apparent insider.

It's much more complicated than what I've posted here but, yes, a definite concern is GB & SF. Also, the Titans are involved and they aren't willing to just play good shepard and take Young @ 3 for nothing. Although, this insider says that they have all 3 QBs rated the same. Apparently, they are demanding Porter and/or picks from the Raiders to follow along.
First, something for a team "to follow along" is loco.Second, why would they want Porter?

Why don't they just stay at 4 and take Mario there??? This way they don't have to give up on Robertson.

Clarity and reason are not needed in this thread. Move along. :hot:

The argument could be made that the jets intend to run the 3-4 and Robertson isn't a good fit. Watson, with their late 1st or early 2nd (probably to be acquired here) would be a better fit.basically, it would be Robertson for Watson+ (I assume).

I really don't see this happening, but for the Jets, it makes some sense.

They're getting picks for trading down to 7 and they're guaranteed of getting Mario which is who they like. There's no guarantee he's there at #4. Ok, here's a more complete summary but, go to the thread it's much more interesting.

The Texans take Bush.

The Raiders trade up to #2, Saints trade down to #4, Jets to #7.

The Titans draft Vince Young, and recieve something(Porter/picks?) as compensation for not selecting Mario Williams.

The Saints draft Mario Williams for the Jets.

The Packers take A.J. Hawk, but now they want something in return for not taking Brick.

The 49ers take Davis, but they also want something for not taking Brick.

The Jets take Brick, and then swap him for Williams.

These are the principal of the deals but, all the compensation to various teams is what they are still negotiating.

Condon is behind the scenes trying to lock up the first 7 picks so that the Raiders can get Leinart. He's gotta work with NO and either the Jets or Titans to make it happen.

They're getting picks for trading down to 7 and they're guaranteed of getting Mario which is who they like. There's no guarantee he's there at #4. Ok, here's a more complete summary but, go to the thread it's much more interesting.

The Texans take Bush.

The Titans draft Vince Young, and recieve something(Porter/picks?) as compensation for not selecting Mario Williams.

The Packers take A.J. Hawk, but now they want something in return for not taking Brick.

These are the principal of the deals but, all the compensation to various teams is what they are still negotiating.

Condon is behind the scenes trying to lock up the first 7 picks so that the Raiders can get Leinart. He's gotta work with NO and either the Jets or Titans to make it happen.
This is a nice idea and all, but when every team receives something for not taking a player? :loco: Instead of saying "here's Jerry Porter, just for not taking Mario", wouldn't they just trade the picks?Is an NFL team even allowed to give a player to another team in that manner?

ETA: somehow the word "collusion" comes to mind.

Clarity and reason are not needed in this thread. Move along. :hot:
Look, I posted this as much for it's entertainment value as anything. It's a rumor - as I stated in the title. Feel free to move along...the thread....http://jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115575&page=1

I posted this as much for it's entertainment value as anything. It's a rumor - as I stated in the title.
I like reading about rumors whether I believe they're possible or not. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

For the upteenth time, the Raiders will 1. not take a QB with the 1.07, 2. nor trade up to get one of the QBs, and 3. if they do take a QB, will trade down from 1.07 to do it. Most likely 4. Will take the best defensive player on their draft board at 1.07 or trade down,

Look, I posted this as much for it's entertainment value as anything. It's a rumor - as I stated in the title. Feel free to move along...
Thanks for the advice. Seriously, I love when people post rumors on here-truly I do. For as often as we get nonsense, we every now and then get some invaluable nuggets of information. But c'mon here guy, have you even read what would be required to happen for this to take place? Hey, thanks for posting it if you read it elsewhere but there's no way this even COULD happen as the "insider" claims.

I posted this as much for it's entertainment value as anything.  It's a rumor - as I stated in the title. 
I like reading about rumors whether I believe they're possible or not. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:
I don't. Especially when there is more controversy than the "magic bullet theory".Basically the rumor is this:

Tom Condon, superagent, is going to control the first 7 picks of the first round. He's working trades and telling teams who they can and can't pick. mmm, hmm

add me to the I don't see this happening ever.

This scenario needs Brick to fall to 7 and Mario to fall to 4. The Jets would then move that #4 pick so they could then trade for the player they would have drafted there. And all of the other 6 teams get compensation for playing along......

I don't see 1 of these things happening, let alone the 5 to 10 things listed here.

Look, I posted this as much for it's entertainment value as anything. It's a rumor - as I stated in the title. Feel free to move along...
Thanks for the advice. Seriously, I love when people post rumors on here-truly I do. For as often as we get nonsense, we every now and then get some invaluable nuggets of information. But c'mon here guy, have you even read what would be required to happen for this to take place? Hey, thanks for posting it if you read it elsewhere but there's no way this even COULD happen as the "insider" claims.
You guys want more, I can tell...here's a complete summary so far of what this guy has posted initially, and to the many questions we peppered him with. The post has about 37,000 views and people from all over net joining up to chim in...I simply thought there might be some interest here too...The information came from bongo59 and his posts are in blue

1. The activity around the top has become white hot in the last 48 hrs...............Titans turned down an AFC west team twice in the last week about moving up.....................now there is a new trade propsal between an NFC south team, the jets and they need a third team to make it happen....................The Titans are one of three teams that have been asked to be considered in this blockbuster.................I wish i could say more but i cant.............i do some work for this NFC South team............but if anything happens i will let you know..................

2. just a little more for you..................ML dumped Steinberg because Condon told him he could broker a deal for slot two money........very similiar to Manning escapade................Condon did infact make that deal happen...............he is now trying to do the same thing for ML and he needs a third team to make it happen.................The Titans were offered two ones by the Broncos but they would not give up another pick................so now they are listening to the brokering being done by Condon..................the Jets are in this game as of 60 minutes ago...................

3. look i wish i could say more......but i am on a payroll of one of these teams...................suffice to say...............you will hear soon that TN turned down two moves up by the broncos to stay in a three team swap................there are a total of 5 teams in it...............but only three will eventually be able to consumate it....................Tom Condon is the broker.

4. Originally Posted by joemusgo: Would it be fair to say that the Jets are considering moving down?

all i can say is that i am in midtown NY right now..............and the Jets are involved.

5. i got to go...........i'll try to get back here tonight after dinner............

6. From PFW..............................."The same source who tipped us off over the weekend to the looming termination of agent Leigh Steinberg by USC quarterback Matt Leinart tells us that the driving force behind the change was the lack of interest that the Titans were demonstrating in the 2004 Heisman winner."

that got that from me.............listen..........i am going to smith and wollensky's...............i promise i will get back to you guys after we get done.....it is a business deal and football related.........................

7. ok..........................i am back....................the Jets are looking to move down still get there guy and they may get multiple picks................the problem is they need a third team to get this done.............and they really want Reese to be in on this deal because they can still get the guy they covet................D'Brick..............at 7 I think this deal has legs but alot of the principles have to agree..............Especially Al Davis..............he is going to be giving up a ton to get this done...............

8. Originally Posted by jr17892

Could be that Condon is trying to broker a trade by NO so that Leinart can be #2 pick. It's been widely reported that Super Mario is the guy NO really wants so they wouldn't be willing to drop out of Super Mario range, enter the Jets. So NO could be going to #4, we would drop down to the 3rd team's slot, with additional picks of course, and the other team would move up to #2 and take Leinart.

this is precisley what is being worked on as we speak..............the Jets FO is working it huge..................

9. Originally Posted by Bradyback Mountain

Ok so Jets Raiders and who?

Titans...................Saints and another team................

10. Condon is attempting to stack picks 2-7...............and guarrantee all the teams the player they want will be there..............but Davis wants ML and he is willing to pay up to get there............but teams below two want picks or guarrantees..............several other agents are so hot about this because it is going ot cost them millions if their guy falls,.................but the Jets could get the second highest rated prospect and only have to pay him slot 7 cash................funny thing is REese wants to be in that slot.................to save cap...............there is a ton of issues to work out.............

11. Did you say the Jets want D'Brick and at #7?

SAR I

partially true..............they will slect Brick there but the Saints will eventually get him and the Jets will get Mario...............but the Jets may have to sweeten the pot.................right now they need to throw in a 3 to get it done............but Tanny is offering a four....................still a great deal for the Jets.........................but this deal is so complicated i am sure it will be fluid................i am on this one hot..............anything that crops up i will let you all know..................got to go..................

12. Originally Posted by Penny2Coles

Who is this reese person you speak of?

Titans GM................

13. Originally Posted by JetsFanatic

Well, let me ask everyone a question, if the Broncos don't own 2 picks, doesn't that make what he is telling BS? Or am I missing something?

they did own two picks this week before we turned them down twice and GB turned them down.............we wanted another pick and they would not do it................

14. Bongo said "The Jets select Brick who will eventually go to the Saints in a trade for Mario Williams".

The Saints really want Brick and the Jets really want Mario, but this way, the Saints can nab an extra pick, the Jets get 2 extras, and the Raiders (3rd part Bongo was talking about) get Leinart.

It's really not that hard to udnerstand if you just sit down and read it.

this is very close to how the principals are but there are some issues................the Raiders want to keep a pick and throw Porter into the deal instead.....................the Titans like that but they want Porter..............and not the pick but so does another team...............so it will need to be worked out................guys like i said this trade is being orchestrated by Condon on behalf of ML..................ML wants number two money and Condon said he could do it...............he did it for manning and he is attempting to try it again...............problem is GB and SF could really blow it up....................he has to fix all picks 2-7 to get it to fly................the Raiders will have to give up a ton to get their guy...............and ML loves that he is staying in Cali and Al Davis does not have to worry about moving Gallery to LT any longer............he can stay at RT and protect ML backside.......................

15.Originally Posted by jetswinbaby!

This is worse than the Abe to Denver rumor for the #22 pick.

Mr. Bongo why do you torture us!!

trust me i am not doing this to torture anyone..................the top 5 is very hot right now.............and teams have pretty well established who they want and who they would consider in a contingency situation................the Broncos were trying to get up to get VDavis ........................but TN and GB wanted more..............SF was not talked too because everyone knows they want Davis...................so Denver had to get up infront of them..................they offered the Jets a deal but the Jets wanted three ones....................

16. Originally Posted by Bradyback Mountain

How is Condon going to fix the GB and SF picks? Is he the agent for Hawk and V Davis? What can he say to GB or SF to keep Brick away from them?

that is becoming the issue..............SF wont get in on it.............they want VDavis.............and if this deal went through they know their pick would be worth a fortune to a team between 8-12 who covet the top 5 guys.................no one can trust Nolan.................

17. kerry this deal will be worked on alot...............there is alot of options available..............but one thing is for sure...............2-4 slots are up for bids....................5 and 6 dont appear to be in play but the Raiders are willing ot put the gas on any deal....................they really want up to get ML......................

18. Originally Posted by jetschamps69

Bongo, must be we trade more than just brick for mario? Or is it straight up?

its in negiotiation..............but the Saints have Mario and Brick rated as equals................so they would take either one...................but the Jets think they maybe able to get their guy a pick and save cap all in one fell swoop...................but they need to help the raiders to make it happen.......................

19. look guys trading is a fluid situation...............things evolve and change..............but i think this activity already guarrantees a top 5 trade.................just listen to all the national media outlets the next 48 hrs when the NFL grapevine gets this from their own sources................we have 6 teams with reps in NYC tonight working on trades.................most teams are stacking 3 ways now..............O and D and positions..............I know the JEts and Saints and Titans are finished on their boards.............I am told the Raiders only have positons to sort through.............but they have ML with the top grade..................the Texans are trying desparately to get anyone to beleive they will grab Mario but no one is buying it..................the Saints and Titans are controling this draft.............not the Texans................only way they can is if they really pass on Bush.............and if they do.............i expect a complete change..............then you can bet SF will move up..................

20. Titans have D'brick behind ML..............and the Jets are worried Reese takes their guy............and they would have to surrender alot to get him back from 7..................so things need to be worked out there...............and i hear we may infact pass on him if we are guarranteed our guy and Porter...................

21. the titans have all three QB's with equal grades..............from my sources...............so they would be happy with any one..............but they have Brick as number two...........and that is where the Jets have issues..............the Jets have only one QB rated high..............ML and they really dont want a QB at 4.................will they take one if both brick and Mario are gone yes...............but then VDavis and Hawk are also next.........................for them.

22. Originally Posted by Chorzz

Just thinking about contracts, if we trade D'Brick who we select 7th for Mario Williams, who was selected 2nd, wouldn't we be stuck with the 2nd picks contract and not the 7th picks contract. Meaning the saints would be the ones saving cap room and we would be forced to dole out more money

but your not taking the other pick in consideration and your not paying for the transaction to go from 7 to 2 to get Mario....................it is complicated but things have to be worked out with GB and SF...............it really appears GB is going to go LB................SF loves VDavis but they have Bush number one and if he falls to two they have told loomis they will give him two ones and this yrs two and next yrs three to get him

23. Originally Posted by Bradyback Mountain

Ok one more question and I am spent. Since you have told us they are interested in Brick and Mario could you rank their top 3 or 4 preferences in the draft (asssuming nothing goes down ) at #4. Mario, Brick,another guy lie Hawk, or trade down?

Jets board from infering from my sources..............Mario Brick ML and hawk/davis......................

24. Originally Posted by chrisc8585

alrite, I've been goin through this for awhile now, I can't see any reason why the Raiders and Saints can't do this without the Jets. Why can't the Raiders just move up on their own to 2?

My basic breakdown of this:

The Raiders move to 2, giving up alot

The Saints move to 4, but basically move to 7 with the Williams/Ferguson swap... that would take a ton of compensation, and seemingly more compensation than is brought up on this post

The Jets moved down to 7, but really stay at 4, and accumulate a bunch of picks, which sounds great to me, but doesn't really make sense in the realm of reality

bongo, Jonathan, anybody that understands this, can you tell me what I'm wrong in thinking?

simple...............to go from 7 to 2 will take 2600 points............the raiders would have to give up their 07 one to do so................Davis wont do it............but he will give up Porter and 3 other picks..............Porter interests the Titans...............and if we get in on it............the Saints may go for it because if you follow this deal..............they get their guy and they get him real cheap slot wise............and they clean up in picks..................they are loaded at WR so they have no interest in Porter................but they really would take the 07 one and make it simple................Al is the one who is making it tough..........bu the is the one who told condon he was willing to help get ML to Oak.............and condon is very tight with the FO involved..................

25. Originally Posted by Chorzz

couldn't the titans then trade their pick to the raiders and still get Vince Young or Cutler. It seems like there are a lot of contingencies to this proposed deal and I don't think we will really find out what is happening till Next week

I know he has not been mentioned in a while but couldn't the Jets trade down a little further and get Winston Justice who is receieving a lot of hype and not worry about d' Brick, or in the case that someone takes him...just a a thought

yes.............but if we fall to 7 and two QB's are gone ............it opens us to det and Az from moving up to SF spot.................and we have no QB and mcNair...............not good for us..............and Reese wont let that happen.................

26. remember at three the Titans are guarranteed right now of a choice of two QB's and more likely a choice of all three................making us the most likely team to trade with Oak...............to do it straight up..............Al has to give us his 07 one and he is not apt to do so....................

27. Originally Posted by jetsman51

bump? this is the one thing im not clear on, if u have to keep it under wraps Bongo, I understand, but just tell us if u have to keep mum.

the titans ultimately want a QB and are flexible on any one...........but they also want to recoup a pick for the THenry deal too..................but we will get a QB no matter where we go..................

28. Originally Posted by djc

If I've learned anything from watching the Pats the last few years its that they take the best football players available - guys that are multi-dimensional. Williams can rush the passer, tie up blockers, and even stand up and play a lb type role. Mangini NEEDS a guy like that.

Plus - don't be fooled by all this switching to 3-4 talk - this defense will run multiple fronts in every game and attempt to create mismatches.

Mangini looks at MArio as the only DL who is like Seymour............he can play in a 3-4 or 4-3 and still dominate.............he wants his D to be flexible and getting Mario is that start...............the Pats dynasty on D was based around the emergence of Seymour..............and he clearly views Mario in the same light...............Brick is carrying the same grade Bosselli had to several teams because he is the best pass blocker to come out in a long time.............his run blocking is not as good but he is already pro bowl caliber in pass blocking......................

29. Originally Posted by escamoter2

Bongo....are you not simply a medical consultant, if anything????? Stick with your back examinations.....I think you are bogus my friend. You have no knowledge of the current draft situation....

i am who you want me to be......................just remember where you heard this...................

30. the only guy who can get this done is condon..............he has the contacts and he can broker a deal...............he did it before with Rivers Manning and the Giants....................I will keep my ears open..............i got to go...................

31. Originally Posted by escamoter2

BTW bongo, if you are who you say you are, why the hell are you even on this message board????? And if you are involved in what's going on in NYC, how can you find the time to be on this message board and why would you want to be on here?

i been doing this a long time..................17 yrs............and trust me no one has a clue who i am..............i cover my tracks well.............my job counts on it...............................I do this because the media buries stuff for teams and the fans never get to see how things really are.......fans are the essence of this league.............they pay alot of money and they deserve to know alot more than they get from local or national coverage...................I used to live in NYC and work with Joel Buschbaum............rememeber him..............I got him much of his info.............he was well connected but never left his house in Brooklyn.................wonder how he did that? I live in NO and TN now...........................i have posted info 6 months before it happened............ask any Titan fan who predicted EG being cut on Feb 28th of 2004...............or if i said Kearse was going to be let go for nothing.............. and JMac would be traded as a result to the Jets for a cap saving move.................in Oct of 2005 i told all at my site Mac was going to be cut...............trust me................if i tell you it is going to be be awfully close..................I dont post garbage...........i only post what i hear...........is it always 100 percent correct.............nope..........this business is fluid.............but here in TN the posters at my site know i give it to them just how i hear it...............and many times i hit the bullseye........................ask kerry about why i said last yr here in preseason the jets would bomb........when you where all drinking th e2004 Jet koolaid.......................it was the OL and Pennys shoulder................i let you you grade that one.......................

32. Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan

Earlier Bongo said there was concern on the Jets side that the Titans taking Brick could create the scenario I spelled out. Then he also said the Titans had all the QBs rated equally, and Brick behind them. Bongo can you verify? Is Titans taking Brick a concern, if they do who do we pick at 7.

davis or hawk.....................

33. Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan

In this scenario Hawk and Davis are gone:

1-Bush

2-Leinart

3-Brick

4-M. Williams

5-Hawk

6-V. Davis

7-?

Who do the jets pick (young/cutler?)

i would expect a trade down.............and they would take Huff or Justice................they like Jay but not that high.................

34. Originally Posted by Jet Blast

What is this- monster.com or something? The dude is nice enough to share the type of inside info that most fans never get to hear and you are blasting him. If you read the whole thread you would have seen endorsements for him from several well known veterans of this board.

really it is fine and normal..............i get the same stuff at my site.................but you dont have to believe it................just wait some time and see if some of what i poster here is not true say two weeks from now...............just keep listening to your trusted sports sources...............

35. guys i have to sleep..................i got a 6 AM meeting at 56th street..................

36. titanscentral.net..............

37. Originally Posted by Conkboy

My guess here is that the Saints and Raiders are looking for either the Jets or the Titans to make the deal work. My guess is that whoever blinks first will be the third team in the deal. Looks like they want the the third team to get the least.

we have a winner................

"Bongo's own words, his OWN WORDS, are the Titans are a big part of this deal. I've been trying to ask him where the Titans and the Jets both fit in, and I get no answer."

Guys, this aint brain surgery............it is a three team deal that will require the team left out staying put and recieving something from the raiders for doing so.......we dont know if that will be the Titans or jets...........not likely to be GB or SF.............but SF would love to screw big AL............... The titans Jets and a third team with serious ammo are vying to be the third team................but Condon has to make sure 3-4-5 and 6 stay put and stay true to their boards............otherwise its a mess............and the Saints have to have the gumption to select a guy they really dont want...............just like he got SD to do when they took Manning......................this deal is still not dead, and no i would never BS about this type of deal.......it shopws you precisely how this league really works and how stealth teams can be.......go over tot he Raider board and read the oakland tribune.......they are following this story on th enet because Davis shut them down yesterday when their beat writer asked about it.........................

38. Originally Posted by jetstream23

Bongo, what will the stock market be at in 6 months?

buy hal and cop..............book that.

39. Kerry Al Davis has an issue.............he has a bad lease...........and a democrat infested city that wont give him a big stadium deal.......he also wont tell his own press shyt...............they are all in th edark so he gets no free PR...........he needs something to bring them to him on his terms........ML will put alot of rich USC alums in the black hole dam fast........and he will get his stadium deal done and he may even be the tenant in LA once again with captain ML..................that is his plan....not VY................al marches to a drum of one........his own.

40. Originally Posted by chirorob

... and what is hal and cop?

halliburton and conoco phillips.............they are my market calls and my leaps i bought in 2003 on both have made my a nice some............................stay long baby.

41. Originally Posted by Titanic

Titanic from Titanscentral here.

This thread is typical Bongo. It happens all the time on our board. Noone knows exactly what he does, or how he gets stuff, but he posts something, it has a 900 page response, and a lot of the time it turns out to be correct. At any rate, it makes for interesting conversation.

My question is this Bongo. I gather from this long thread that the Titans are interested in dropping to seven, primarily because we have all three QBs rated similarly and we are interested in Jerry Porter. That sounds perfectly feasible. The problem I have with this, and the reason I don't think any mega trade gets worked out is twofold:

#1 Can the Titans fit Porter and their rookie class, including a top ten QB, under the cap, assuming Mac goes the way of Al Gore and is no longer welcome in Tennessee?

#2 With this many moving parts why would any four way deal ever go down, when it's much more likely for teams to simply wait until draft day and pull off smaller one on one deals when someone is actually on the clock? Why try to work out this huge megatrade, which will take four Crays and one of those Pakistani kids from the national spelling bee just to keep straight, when you can just make your moves individually on or the night before draft day and maybe keep from mucking everything up. It seems way too simple for Arizona or someone else in the low teens to move up and blow everything to kingdom come.

It's entertaining nonetheless however...

Titanic

1. no question......................2. it is not a four team deal......it is a three team deal with a team saying to the others they wont select certain players....for passing they get a parting gift..................Condon is the guy cooking this goose right now........best part is no one in Oak or NO has a clue waht is happening behind the scenes...................

42. Originally Posted by Darth Vader

now who could this be? ammo meaning draft picks, or picks/players?

the only team within range of all the dynamics would be Houston, no?

{As we've already stated that GB and SF {SF has ammo....} are staying put...}

no there is a team willing to give up three number ones for the right guy.......and the Texans are talking to this team..............if that deal goes down it will kill this one we have been discussing.................and yes it does involve Bush.

They trade down from 4 - 7 and then trade Ferguson & Robertson for  Mario.

Why don't they just stay at 4 and take Mario there???  This way they don't have to give up on Robertson.

The Texans take Bush.

Teams are not going to trade good players to another team for not taking someone. Lets keep in mind these are all unproven players. The draft is great but l this seems alittle much. Deals not happen all that much and a deal like this would be really reaching

Oooh, let's go to some team's fan site and make up trade rumors! One of us can claim to be an insider and various other posters can substantiate these lies with more rumors!

This is actually pretty entertaining, but the key that some seem to be missing is there's zero chance that any team in the top 7 will tell another team who they're drafting, let alone all of them. Add to that the aforementioned fact that this is one agent pulling the strings...

:fishy:

I could see this scenario:

Houston - Bush

Oak moves up to 2 and takes Leinart.

Ten - Young

NO moves down to 4, takes Super Mario, gets compensation from Oak

GB - ?

SF - ?

NYJ - takes BPA, gets compensation from Oak

Just because I could see it happening doesn't mean it is anything more than a fan having fun with a mock.

And there is no way that GB and SF will get involved and lock in their picks to make it work.

It seems GB already rejected Denver's two picks for 1.5 so they have somebody in sight. I hear SF is looking toward VD, but I have no idea why.

Edited to add: The compensation to NO might not have to be much since they are all but assured of getting the guy they wanted anyway, but the compensation to the Jets would have to be substantial to move from 4 to 7.

So let me get this straight:

The Jets go from picking 4th to picking 7th, get draft picks in compensation for their trouble, and ALSO get the best defensive player in the draft at #7? And this rumor's getting traction on a Jets message board? What a freakin' shock.

Very entertaining!

Thanks for the rumor-mongering.

PS: It would be amusing for the Raiders to move up and then take someone other than Leinart.

I posted this as much for it's entertainment value as anything.  It's a rumor - as I stated in the title. 
yeah, what the hell else would we talk about..... it's friggin April......

Typical Jets fan, always dreamin' of something..
Whatever fella. I posted this as a rumor, not a dream scenario. I'd be pleased if we traded down to #7 and snatched Davis, Hawk, or Ngata. We've been having the same discussions on our site about the details and reliability of this Bongo fella. Like here, some think he's completely full of crap, others are listening. I posted it here because, either way it's been interesting. I believe this trade or some permutation of it is plausible because I believe in the basic tenets it's founded upon:

1. Oakland wants Leinart.

2. The Saints want Mario or D'Brick.

3. Tennessee wants one of the top-3 QBs but, isn't too concerned which one and, given that, would like to possibly trade down from 3 to get one of them + picks/players.

4. The Jets want Mario or to trade down. They're not taking a QB. They don't view Cutler or Young as good values at #4 and Leinart will be gone at #4.

5. Jets are open to moving Dewayne Robertson.

News flash...he's not near what he was projected to be...why would anyone give anything worth of value for him? I believe he even has a hefty salary to boot.I have to agree that DREAMING would qualify if you or anyone else thinks Robertson would get a high draft pick in return.

A guy states that he has heard an interesting RUMOR (and even says its just a RUMOR in his title). He then pulls the information up that backs up the RUMOR - and agains states that it is just a RUMOR.

THen people bash him for putting out the RUMOR.

C'mon. If you don't like to read it, move along. No need to take shots at the messenger.

By the way, interesting read; however, I too doubt that this comes to fruition. Maybe one (and at most two) of these things occur.

Whatever fella. I posted this as a rumor, not a dream scenario. I'd be pleased if we traded down to #7 and snatched Davis, Hawk, or Ngata. We've been having the same discussions on our site about the details and reliability of this Bongo fella. Like here, some think he's completely full of crap, others are listening. I posted it here because, either way it's been interesting. I believe this trade or some permutation of it is plausible because I believe in the basic tenets it's founded upon:

1. Oakland wants Leinart.

2. The Saints want Mario or D'Brick.

3. Tennessee wants one of the top-3 QBs but, isn't too concerned which one and, given that, would like to possibly trade down from 3 to get one of them + picks/players.

4. The Jets want Mario or to trade down. They're not taking a QB. They don't view Cutler or Young as good values at #4 and Leinart will be gone at #4.

Assuming this... then why wouldn't it be easier to go:1. Hou - Bush

2. NO - D'Brick

3. Ten - trading down with Oak

Oak - Leinart

4. NYJ - Mario

5. 6. Hawk, VDavis or else...

7. Ten - from Oak - Young or Cutler...

Everyone gets who they target... only Oak having to compensate the Titans... no need for Al Davis and everybody else to get into a "conspiracy locking up picks" to make sure they get Leinart...

just my 2 cents...

News flash...he's not near what he was projected to be...why would anyone give anything worth of value for him? I believe he even has a hefty salary to boot.I have to agreeal that DREAMING would quify if you or anyone else thinks Robertson would get a high draft pick in return.
I disagree, and where did I say they would be getting a high draft pick? He has a huge cap hit next year, highest on the Jets roster.Does anyone else here know about the Bongo fella? I see he's even posted here and posts on several other team sites. Do a google on Bongo59.

Assuming this... then why wouldn't it be easier to go:

1. Hou - Bush

2. NO - D'Brick

3. Ten - trading down with Oak

Oak - Leinart

4. NYJ - Mario

5. 6. Hawk, VDavis or else...

7. Ten - from Oak - Young or Cutler...

Everyone gets who they target... only Oak having to compensate the Titans... no need for Al Davis and everybody else to get into a "conspiracy locking up picks" to make sure they get Leinart...

just my 2 cents...

It could happen that way but, according to Bongo, Ten and Oak can't come to terms nor is TN assured that one of the top 3 QBs will last to #7. they are worried someone may jump into the 5 or 6 spots.

News flash...he's not near what he was projected to be...why would anyone give anything worth of value for him? I believe he even has a hefty salary to boot.I have to agree that DREAMING would qualify if you or anyone else thinks Robertson would get a high draft pick in return.
Robertson has a medical prob and unfortunately he is likely to have a short career. I can't recall what. A degenerative prob in his knee? back?

Fun stuff.

What I find interesting in all these rumors is Oakland giving up Porter. I know they have Moss, but who else is there to catch the ball?

I was always high on Curry until his injury. Gabriel is strong enough at #2? I doubt it. Oakland will be in trouble if they can't shake the double and triple team on Moss.

Users who are viewing this thread