What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Running Backs to Exploit and Avoid for 2022 (1 Viewer)

Hall should be a good bye low around Weeks 6-9. Brutal first half schedule, gets easier after the bye. Won't draft him but will def be trying to acquire him.

Took JT, ELi Mitchell, Montgomery.

Good to have MoP on my side.
I passed on Montgomery in my draft a couple times where he could have been my third RB.

To be fair to myself though, I went RB RB with my first two picks so I was trying to grab WRs in those middle rounds.

Him and Dobbins went later than I expected and could have been my RB3.

Sort of kicking myself now, especially since Herbert was easy to grab late.

Thanks @Ministry of Pain ! Awesome thread. You really opened my eyes on the possibility of paying not a ton of risk to obtain players like Monty, Akers, Sanders if their prices are good. I still like ETN and also feel Zeke will go too high based off of name recognition. This makes Pollard more appealing with the Tyron injury and that they need to get him the ball in space in an offense devoid of playmakers behind Lamb right now. I'm also out on the Jets RB's and also value Javonte as much as you do- he's a stud.

Tier 3(Cough Cough)

Alvin Kamara-7,500 yds and 67 TDs with 373 receptions leading to 1,285 touches and a career Yds per touch of close to 6 yds a clip…remember when I was writing about Joe Mixon and his 4.5 yds per touch…not per clip or per rush attempt but PER TOUCH. That means if you get the ball to Kamara twice you are almost guaranteed a 1st Down. 15-14-15-13 Games Started the last 4 seasons, he definitely is going to miss a couple games during the season.

The Moral Compass: I totally understand if some folks read the police report and many of the stories coming out about Kamara and his incident off the field at the Pro Bowl in Vegas last year. But the reality is you are going to be facing 7-9-11 others where the moral compass might not point at 12 O’Clock North like you have yours set. It’s possible they point at about 11:50 like yours truly. It appears as though Goodell isn’t prepared to take action on him in 2022 until the police proceedings unfold or some to an end. I don’t want to talk endlessly about this but if Kamara is eligible to play for all 17 games and is being projected around RB10+ off the board, that seems like a great discount for a guy that can post Top 5 numbers almost any week you start him. The Offense and head Coach has changed but AK’s talent has not.
Ok, time for a little "heard from a guy" type info...

Kamara and Ingram basically worked out in Miami all offseason and "I heard from a guy" who knows their trainer so...

Evidently they were both pretty banged up last year. Both have been working out like monsters in the offseason and are fully recovered. Add that to the likely push back of his trial I think Kamara can be added to the list of guys that could be the lotto ticket to a championship run. Also, Ingram is going, where, 14+ rounds later as the cuff. Pretty easy sledding here unless the wheels totally fall off in NOLA.

Do people bother with drafting handcuffs?

It is certainly easier said than done, and there may not be too many examples where there is a big payoff... but in a dynasty startup last year, I drafted Dalvin and Mattison. Cook missed 4 games, and Mattison averaged 21 ppg in those games. To provide context, Ekeler had the third highest full season average ppg among RBs at 20.8 ppg.

It is certainly easier said than done, and there may not be too many examples where there is a big payoff... but in a dynasty startup last year, I drafted Dalvin and Mattison. Cook missed 4 games, and Mattison averaged 21 ppg in those games. To provide context, Ekeler had the third highest full season average ppg among RBs at 20.8 ppg.
Last season i kept Dobbins as my 3rd keeper then drafted Gus Edwards as his handcuff, lost them both before the season started . Sometimes it doesnt pay off lol

Last season i kept Dobbins as my 3rd keeper then drafted Gus Edwards as his handcuff, lost them both before the season started . Sometimes it doesnt pay off lol
Speaking of bad raven rb luck, ill do you one better. Traded for Edwards the Thursday before the season started at 11am and lost him at 2pm the same day when he went down in practice.

Don't completely disagree here except Doug Pederson doesn't seem to workhorse his backs, and even when he has tried, they tend to get hurt. He does seem like the most likely "guy I got in the 5th in 2022 who is a first rounder in 2023" kind of season but that whole Offense is a leap of faith this year
Under Pederson:

Jamaal Charles- averaged 15 rushes and 4 receptions a game
Miles Sanders- averaged 12 rushes and 3 receptions a game

I think that is probably what we are looking at for ETN. 15-19 touches works for me as long as he's also getting RZ looks.

I know you are just making a point brother......but don't you dare compare the greatness known as JAMAAL CHARLES to that gimp committee back Miles Sanders.

:bowtie:
Charles was the man

Speaking of bad raven rb luck, ill do you one better. Traded for Edwards the Thursday before the season started at 11am and lost him at 2pm the same day when he went down in practice.
I thought I had it bad grabbing him in a late draft at 8pm on the Wednesday, only to see him out within 18 hours.

You win the contest.

Users who are viewing this thread