What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rush Limbaugh to Join ESPN NFL Countdown (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I remember it, he was one of the people being considered when MNF chose Dennis Miller.

I would actually like to see a football argument between Rush and Dennis Miller... that would sell some advertising.

Rush Limbaugh IS a big fat idiot. :eek:
Gee, are you going to write a book, too?Apparently, RL is too smart for the lefties to deal with intellectually, so they go around calling him names. I believe Ann Coulter pointed this out in 1 of her books (which she actually wrote, unlike a certain Clinton person), not referring to RL in particular, but as a general rule.

I will still miss sterling...I don't care for Irvin....i don;t hate him anymore...I just would rather avoid him...is sterlling going anywhere???

Apparently, RL is too smart for the lefties to deal with intellectually, so they go around calling him names.
RL is not intellectual, he is opinionated and extremely closed minded. It is difficult to be an intellectual when you close your mind to differing ideas.

This is funny...I remember how the lefties only had Dennis Miller who could keep up with Limbaugh...and Now even Dennis has figured out how things are supposed to work...

Hopefully he will be as insightful as he was when he stated the New England Patriots were a bunch of communists because they refused to have their players introduced individually at the 2002 Super Bowl.

An interesting new avenue for Rush. I enjoy his radio talkshow, and he does comment on football frequently but it is pretty daring for him to chance messing with his established success to go into a whole new avenue in his career. I don't think many would risk that. I'm looking forward to watching him and seeing how he fits in with the NFLC team.

I listened to Rush years ago, but stopped because the guy never takes anything but the right wing stance on any issue- ever! That tells me the guy never thinks things through. Just finds the side to argue from and does it.It could be entertaining seeing him on ESPN, I'd check it out. If they find a good way to use him, it might be good.And.. oh god, please don't mention Ann Coulter. She is completely brainless. Gets laughed out of the studio by the audience on a regular basis on Bill Maher's show. If there's a looney left, she's proof that there is also a looney right. At least Rush's arguments make some sense.

And.. oh god, please don't mention Ann Coulter. She is completely brainless. Gets laughed out of the studio by the audience on a regular basis on Bill Maher's show
Brainless? Hmmmm, how many books have YOU had published?As for the Maher show...I'd be surprised if that audience approved of any conservative.

I'm disgusted, out with Parcells and Sharpe, in with Irvin and Limbaugh!?!?!? :eek:Hmmm, guess I'll have to get used to Howie Long's smug smirks and Bradshaw's rambling; never thought I'd be looking forward to that motley crew.Cheers

Hopefully he will be as insightful as he was when he stated the New England Patriots were a bunch of communists because they refused to have their players introduced individually at the 2002 Super Bowl.
ok I'll play guppie.Did he really say this?Also, as an independant with with a small liberal lean (I'm not perfect), this is a shrewed move.I dont really trust guys like Rush, but Football is fine for me. If he knows what he is talking about, then I am glad he is joining the show.

Brainless? Hmmmm, how many books have YOU had published?As for the Maher show...I'd be surprised if that audience approved of any conservative.
Ever notice how Bill Maher's audience only applauds that woman that can't speak English, and that Wayans brother character that he always has on. "Let me enlighten my foreskin on you my brotha!"Ann Coulter is HOT!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:

Way Cool, Can't wait to listen. Always working during the day, will be excited to listen to his views in the evening. :eek:

I wouldn't care if "Countdown" added Rush or Al Franken - it's a terrible move.The reason I watch NFL shows is to learn something new or interesting about the game, something that can be uncovered only by an exclusive interview with a player or coach, or by analyzing game films and individual players. That's why I love "NFL Countdown," and it's why I would change the channel when Jerry Glanville popped up on "NFL Today" or Wanda Sykes did her alleged comedy bits on "Inside the NFL." It's why I spend so much time on the boards here - because I know it's full of smart people dedicating their time and energy to helping me learn something new about the NFL.I don't need or want "entertainment" when I watch football. The game itself is entertaining.Also, has anyone here ever actually seen Rush on TV? His humiliating appearance opposite Letterman? His horrific CBS late night show where they had to clear the studio audience while Limbaugh suffered through flop sweat of "Broadcast News" proportions? The guy is not cut out for the tube.

Apparently, RL is too smart for the lefties to deal with intellectually, so they go around calling him names.
...which, of course, RL neverdoes... :rolleyes: ObFootball Content: Actually, the way ESPN plans on using him to stir up debate (see link above), could be very interesting. Still, if you want an argumentative conservative stirring things up, I'd take Bill O'Reilly over Limbaugh any day.

I wouldn't care if "Countdown" added Rush or Al Franken - it's a terrible move.The reason I watch NFL shows is to learn something new or interesting about the game, something that can be uncovered only by an exclusive interview with a player or coach, or by analyzing game films and individual players. That's why I love "NFL Countdown," and it's why I would change the channel when Jerry Glanville popped up on "NFL Today" or Wanda Sykes did her alleged comedy bits on "Inside the NFL." It's why I spend so much time on the boards here - because I know it's full of smart people dedicating their time and energy to helping me learn something new about the NFL.I don't need or want "entertainment" when I watch football. The game itself is entertaining.Also, has anyone here ever actually seen Rush on TV? His humiliating appearance opposite Letterman? His horrific CBS late night show where they had to clear the studio audience while Limbaugh suffered through flop sweat of "Broadcast News" proportions? The guy is not cut out for the tube.
EXACTLY. I can think of 100 other people who would be interesting picks to speak for "the voice of the fan" from the world of politics and entertainment? But the point is this--WE DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT CRAP ON THE SUNDAY PRE-GAME SHOW. Give us the 411 from the guys who are in a position to know it. I am not in the least interested in Rush Limbaugh's (or Bill Cosby's or Chris Matthews' or. . .etc, etc.) weekly "insights" into the game. Who gives a flying hoot???

As much as I despise him, I actually think he'll be pretty good for NFL Sunday Countdown. :thumbup: Geez, I'll take ANYTHING that might have an effect on keeping him off the political radiowaves. :thumbdown:

The best thing about this is that it's sending all the FREAK liberals into a tizzy. Tehy're so upset that they don't control ALL of the media anymore.What they don't understand is that he'll leave his political bent out of it. He'll do a great job of representing the "Fan" on the show.Hopefully he'll make a good showing, and prove to the sheeple that he's really not the Anti-Christ the pathetic, whining little DemocRATs make him out to be...Then they might listen to his show and learn something.This is a very good thing for all involved.

Rush Limbaugh IS a big fat idiot. :eek:
1) He's not fat anymore and he's never been an idiot. Those are simple facts.2) Al Frankin used Rush's name and insulted him in the title of this book just to sell some of them because he couldn't sell as many on his own merits. THAT'S pathetic.

RL is not intellectual, he is opinionated and extremely closed minded. It is difficult to be an intellectual when you close your mind to differing ideas.
Liberals call it "Close Mindedness".People who work for a living call it "Uncompromisable Values".And uncompromisalbe values built this great country. Liberalism is destroying it.

ok I'll play guppie.Did he really say this?Also, as an independant with with a small liberal lean (I'm not perfect), this is a shrewed move.I dont really trust guys like Rush, but Football is fine for me. If he knows what he is talking about, then I am glad he is joining the show.
If he said it (And I've never heard of it), he was kidding.Rush would appreciate a class move like that.

I listened to Rush years ago, but stopped because the guy never takes anything but the right wing stance on any issue- ever! That tells me the guy never thinks things through. Just finds the side to argue from and does it.It could be entertaining seeing him on ESPN, I'd check it out. If they find a good way to use him, it might be good.And.. oh god, please don't mention Ann Coulter. She is completely brainless. Gets laughed out of the studio by the audience on a regular basis on Bill Maher's show. If there's a looney left, she's proof that there is also a looney right. At least Rush's arguments make some sense.
Please...Ann Coulter is a LOT of things. "Brainless" is not one of them. If you want to see who's brainless, look into the audience of Maher's now CANCELLED show. They were rabidly anti-conservative. That's why it was usually 4 liberals against 1 conservative. Keeps the animals happy.

Liberals call it "Close Mindedness".People who work for a living call it "Uncompromisable Values".And uncompromisalbe values built this great country. Liberalism is destroying it.
Actually, people with open minds call it closed mindedness. (btw thanks for demonstrating).As far as uncompromising values, please, our great country was founded on compromise, have you actually read the constitution? it was a group of so called uncompromising individuals gathering together for the greater good. If the same thing happened today, people like you would call them communists and ship them to china. But please, label me however you like, your bad opinion of me shatters my self esteem. (and just so you kow, I am a republican, at least in the last three elections, and I still think Rush is a petty, close-minded person who represents the conservative party poorly)

I wouldn't care if "Countdown" added Rush or Al Franken - it's a terrible move.The reason I watch NFL shows is to learn something new or interesting about the game, something that can be uncovered only by an exclusive interview with a player or coach, or by analyzing game films and individual players. That's why I love "NFL Countdown," and it's why I would change the channel when Jerry Glanville popped up on "NFL Today" or Wanda Sykes did her alleged comedy bits on "Inside the NFL." It's why I spend so much time on the boards here - because I know it's full of smart people dedicating their time and energy to helping me learn something new about the NFL.I don't need or want "entertainment" when I watch football. The game itself is entertaining.
I agree with this post.Hopefully Bradshaw and Long's show will be enough to get me through the season.This is a dark day for NFL pregame shows... :no: :thumbdown:

I think you might be happy with Rush...I THINK what he'll do is represent the "Common Football Fan". At least that's what I assumed from watching his DittoCam today (He has a live feed for his show and he kept it running for an online press conference where he answered a lot of questions).He said he was going to be like an official...When all the studio guys are discussing a subject, he'll be able to jump in and challenge them.I know I've wanted to do that a lot in the past.

If he said it (And I've never heard of it), he was kidding.Rush would appreciate a class move like that.
We need more unbiased posters like the gar around here. ;) I'm so tired of all the rhetoric.

The only thing that sucks about the news I've read on this thread is that I've found out that Michael Irvin is joining the crew???What a TOTAL and COMPLETE waste of airtime. The guy's a mumbling FOOL!!Ugh!(And this coming from a Cowboys fan).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread