What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Grant via Kevin Siefert of ESPN - Starting Running Back (1 Viewer)

Interesting:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/29345/camp-confidential-packers-2

3. Backfield rotation: I saw no evidence that the Packers plan for anything other than Ryan Grant to be their starting tailback when the season opens. There has been plenty of discussion about Grant's future after the postseason emergence of James Starks and the arrival of rookie Alex Green, but Grant worked with the first team throughout the first three days of practice and had some runs, McCarthy said, "that looked like Ryan Grant looks like in the regular season."

Starks also got some time with the first team, and that kind of rotation is fully expected to continue. The one question mark is on third downs following the free-agent departure of Brandon Jackson. Neither Grant nor Starks is known for his receiving ability. Could Green be that guy? Or is that why Rodgers wanted Kuhn back? I'm guessing it's the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is one of a handful of situations that I'm following very closely along with Hightower in Wash, Beanie in AZ. Could be some nice value to be had in these spots IMO.

Keep the updates coming. Personally, I think Grant's demise is overplayed and should pop to 13th or so by the time drafts roll around.

this is one of a handful of situations that I'm following very closely along with Hightower in Wash, Beanie in AZ. Could be some nice value to be had in these spots IMO. Keep the updates coming. Personally, I think Grant's demise is overplayed and should pop to 13th or so by the time drafts roll around.
Agree. Im liking Lynch in Seattle too.

this is one of a handful of situations that I'm following very closely along with Hightower in Wash, Beanie in AZ. Could be some nice value to be had in these spots IMO. Keep the updates coming. Personally, I think Grant's demise is overplayed and should pop to 13th or so by the time drafts roll around.
You've got 2 choices on the back 6 of the 1st round...bite down and take a 2nd tier RB a little early or get strong at other positions and then load and roll the dice on some RBs in the 4th -10th rounds. Just my opinion of course

Grant will rack up about 1200 rushing yards and 8 touchdowns. Pretty much pencil in the 2009 season and that's about where he's going to end up this season.

Grant will rack up about 1200 rushing yards and 8 touchdowns. Pretty much pencil in the 2009 season and that's about where he's going to end up this season.
I agree Saber, really think Davis was being pimped a little early. It's easy to forget Grant but he is a great way for GB to run clock when they get the lead. Grant and Davis make a cheap combo on a high octane offense.

I agree Saber, really think Davis was being pimped a little early. It's easy to forget Grant but he is a great way for GB to run clock when they get the lead. Grant and Davis make a cheap combo on a high octane offense.
did you mean Starks?

did you mean Starks?
TY, sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread