What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RZA or Dr. Dre (1 Viewer)

RZA or Dr. Dre

• Total voters
Both of them changed the sound of hip-hop on their respective coasts. Dre runs an ultra successful label that put out megastars 50 Cent and Eminem. RZA had one of his labels bankrupted by signing U-God to a $1M deal.

Dre.

Both of them changed the sound of hip-hop on their respective coasts. Dre runs an ultra successful label that put out megastars 50 Cent and Eminem. RZA had one of his labels bankrupted by signing U-God to a $1M deal.

Dre.
Has to be Dre if you're looking at it from the business standpoint.

If I had to have someone produce 1 track or 1 album for me, though, I'd probably take RZA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dre has never been the target of a RICO investigation either.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/12/8-explosive-finds-in-wu-tang-clan-member-ol-dirty-*******-s-fbi-files.html

I just wish detox would come out. Dre is super picky so we only hear great stuff from him. I love the rza, but he's put out a lot of average stuff alongside of the masterpieces.

The better question is whether RZA has a beat that would place in Dre's top 10.
RZA produced 36 chambers.

/discussion
This is going to come done to taste - RZA has made a lot of great beats but they are very different in style than Dre's. To me Dre creates a mood with his beats that RZA's harder hitting beats can't touch.

This is going to come done to taste - RZA has made a lot of great beats but they are very different in style than Dre's. To me Dre creates a mood with his beats that RZA's harder hitting beats can't touch.
Dre creates commerical beats. RZA creates beats for himself.

/discussion
"What is the most overrated album of all time for $400, Alex"
you must be referring to the chronic or doggy style.

The 3 most important hip hop albums, without question:

36 chambers

illmatic

paid in full

the NY scene, is bar none, the epitome of rap.

west coast is an easily consumable product

The headphones put it over the top for me.

Sadly... that's what the current generation of kids thinks about Dr. Dre.. "oh, the guy who makes those headphones!"

da da.. da da da da.... it's the MF'in D.R.E.

Dre creates commerical beats. RZA creates beats for himself.
This is what I mean - you have to mock it because by calling it 'commercial' just because you don't like it. Plenty of people bought Wu Tang Forever, is that filled with commercial beats too?

/discussion
"What is the most overrated album of all time at FBGs for $400, Alex"
oof and I always thought you were a good poster
Yeah, I hear you. Its in my top 20, but the love it has gotten here lately is ridiculous. Do you disagree with my fixed post?
Yes

/discussion
Yeah, I hear you. Its in my top 20, but the love it has gotten here lately is ridiculous. Do you disagree with my fixed post?
Yes
You don't think the 36 Chambers love is out of line?

Maybe I'm wrong :shrug: and Shady and Ron are spot on.

It does get way too much love but it's a good album. It's one of many fantastic albums that came out during that time but doesn't hold up to the test of time IMO.

/discussion
Its in my top 3 with Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP & Illmatic. But perhaps Im biased. Check my location

It does get way too much love but it's a good album. It's one of many fantastic albums that came out during that time but doesn't hold up to the test of time IMO.
Bring Da Motha####in Ruckus!
Perfect example. Put that song on today in your car and turn it up - sounds unpolished.

Dre's music was mastered to perfection so it holds even with today's sound equipment.
its supposed to sound unpolished.

Bring Da Motha####in Ruckus!
Perfect example. Put that song on today in your car and turn it up - sounds unpolished.

Dre's music was mastered to perfection so it holds even with today's sound equipment.
its supposed to sound unpolished.
I know, that's what made it unique then and annoying now.

That's the point.

/discussion
Its in my top 3 with Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP & Illmatic. But perhaps Im biased. Check my location
King of your city resides in Compton, #####!

/discussion
King of your city resides in Compton, #####!
who?

I love 36 chamber, but the GZA - Liquid Swords may be my favorite Wu album, followed by Ghostface's Iron Man.

Me calling Dre's beat "commercial" isn't me hating at all.

He's brilliant at what he does - making mainstream music.

On a raw level, RZA is ahead of almost every cat in the game. But ya, you gotta into the grizzly, raw #### to appreciate it

Anyone who knows hip hop and music in general will know RZA wins this easily. Dre hasn't been relevant unless you count overpriced headphones with crap sound.

Give me the RZA since he's more of a frontlines kind of guy who will hit the buttons himself and get his hands dirty whereas Dre is known to hear things he likes from other producers, buy it, tweak it subtly and put his own name on it. Dre has a fantastic ear, but as some have alluded to, he's kinda more of a business man than a producer. Same thing goes for his rhymes.

listen, if you wanna hit the club and grind with some nasty ### hoes - Dre is your man

if you wanna appreciate filthy beats, tracks and vocals with a blunt and some buddies - RZA your man

It's all mood and atmosphere.

But like I said, RZA drop deuces on Dre from a purist standpoint

Give me all your Dre material after 2k i.e. the past two decades. Here's RZA's stats and I've only included Soundtracks. Don't get me started on Wu-Tang joints. You should've learned Wu-Tang is forever, son

— — — Kill Bill Vol. 1 Original Soundtrack

— — — Kill Bill Vol. 2 Original Soundtrack

— — — Soul Plane

— — — Blade: Trinity

— — — The Protector

— — — Blood of a Champion

— — — Afro Samurai: The Album

— — — Babylon A.D.

— — — Afro Samurai Resurrection

• Released: January 27, 2009
  • Label: Wu Music Group, Koch Records
  • Formats: CD, digital download
— — — The Man with the Iron Fists

//thread

Give me all your Dre material after 2k i.e. the past two decades. Here's RZA's stats and I've only included Soundtracks. Don't get me started on Wu-Tang joints. You should've learned Wu-Tang is forever, son
Don't do this. TIA

Give me all your Dre material after 2k i.e. the past two decades.
That Music Show (TV series)

2005 vs. 1995 (2013) (performer: "California Love" - uncredited)

2013 This Is the End (performer: "The Next Episode")

2012/I The Watch (writer: "The Next Episode", "Straight Outta Compton 2002 Digital Remaster [Explicit]" / performer: "The Next Episode", "Straight Outta Compton 2002 Digital Remaster [Explicit]")

2012 The Dictator (writer: "The Next Episode" / as Andre Young)

2012 21 Jump Street (writer: "The Real Slim Shady", "Straight Outta Compton" / as Andre Young)

2011 Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (performer: "California Love")

2011 Detention (writer: "In Da Club")

2011 Battle Los Angeles (performer: "California Love")

2011 The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards (TV special) (writer: "I Need a Doctor" / performer: "I Need a Doctor")

2010 One Night Stand (TV series short)
Ace in the Hole (2010) ("Xxplosive")
Pilot (2010) ("Natural Born Killaz")

2010 Marmaduke (performer: "California Love")

2010 Iron Man 2 (performer: "California Love" Single Version)

2010 The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (TV series)
Episode #18.18 (2010) (writer: "I Wanna Rock")

2010/I Valentine's Day (performer: "California Love")

2009 Arthur and the Revenge of Maltazard (writer: "Still D.R.E." / as Andre Young / performer: "Still D.R.E.")

2009 The Paul O'Grady Show (TV series)
Episode dated 20 November 2009 (2009) (writer: "In da Club")

2009 Before I Self Destruct (video) (producer: "Ok, You're Right")

2009 WWF Raw (TV series)
Episode dated 19 October 2009 (2009) (writer: "Gin and Juice")

2009 Fame (writer: "The-Boyz-N-The-Hood" / as Andrew Young / writer: "Approach to Danger" / as Andre Young)

2009 Dancing with the Stars (TV series)
Episode #9.8 (2009) (writer: "We Made You" - uncredited)
Episode #9.6 (2009) (writer: "Rich Girl" - uncredited)

2009 The Hills (TV series)
Don't Cry on Your Birthday (2009) (writer: "Crack a Bottle")

2009 Will Ferrell: You're Welcome America - A Final Night with George W Bush (TV movie) (writer: "### Like That" / as Andre Young)

2009 Confessions of a Shopaholic (writer: "Rich Girl" / as Andre Young)

2008 Entourage (TV series)
Redomption (2008) (performer: "Imagine" - uncredited)

2008 Beverly Hills Chihuahua (writer: "Rich Girl" / as Andre Young)

2008 More Than a Game (documentary) (writer: "In da Club" / as Andre Young)

2008 Generation Kill (TV mini-series)
Stay Frosty (2008) (writer: "#### tha Police" / as Andre Young)
A Burning Dog (2008) (writer: "Gangsta Gangsta" / as Andre Young)
The Cradle of Civilization (2008) (writer: "The Boyz in the Hood" / as Andre Young)

2008 Pineapple Express (writer: "Murder Rap" / as Andre Young)

2008 Drillbit Taylor (writer: "### Like That" / as Andre Young)

2008 Step Up 2: The Streets (writer: "Bounce" / as Andre Young)

2008 Crips and Bloods: Made in America (documentary) (performer: "California Love")

2007 War (writer: "Afterlife" / as Andre Young / producer: "Afterlife")

2007 Dead Tone (writer: "How We Do", "In Da Club", "Let's Get High" / as A. Young / performer: "Let's Get High" / producer: "How We Do", "In Da Club", "Let's Get High")

2007 Who's Your Caddy? (writer: "Straight outta Compton" / as Andre Young)

2007 Premiya Muz-TV 2007 (TV movie) (music: "California Love" - uncredited / fragment)

2006 It's a Boy Girl Thing ("Without Me")

2006 Bring It On: All or Nothing (video) (writer: "Rich Girl" / as Andre Rommell Young)

2006 UFC 59: Reality Check (TV special) (writer: "Mosh" - uncredited / performer: "California Love" - uncredited)

2006 Tupac Is Not Dead (short) ("Can't C Me" / as Andre Romell Young)

2006 Failure to Launch (performer: "Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang")

2005 Get Rich or Die Tryin' (producer: "When It Rains It Pours")

2005 #### (documentary) (writer: "#### tha Police" / as Andre Young)

2005 Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (Video Game) (performer: "Twinz Deep Cover 98")

2005 Domino (writer: "Choke Me, Spank Me Pull My Hair" / as Andre Young)

2005 Harsh Times (writer: "Boyz-N-The-Hood" / as A. Young)

2005 Underclassman (performer: "California Love Original Version")

2005 Beauty Shop (writer: "In Da Club" 2003 / as Andre Young)

2004 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Video Game) (writer: "##### Wit Dre Day", "Deep Cover", "Eazy-Er Said Than Dunn" / performer: "Nuthin' But A G Thang", "##### Wit Dre Day", "Deep Cover")

2004 Scrubs (TV series)
Her Story (2004) (writer: "Still D.R.E.")

2004 High Chaparall (TV series documentary)
The Sound of Freedom: Maskingevärskonvent i USA (2004) (performer: "California Love" - uncredited)

2004 Barbershop 2: Back in Business (writer: "I'm Back", "Not Today" / as Andre Young)

2003 Bad Boys II (performer: "##### #####z")

2003 Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (performer: "Nuthin' But A 'G' Thang")

2003 Hollywood Homicide (writer: "Losin' Your Mind" / as Andre Young)

2003 Head of State (writer: "The Next Episode" / as Andre Young)

2003 Pauly Shore Is Dead (writer: "Forget About Dre" / as Andre Young / performer: "Forget About Dre")

2002 Dark Blue (writer: "F... tha Police" / as Andre Young)

2002 Friday After Next (writer: "Family Affair" / as Andre Young)

2002 Kylie Minogue: Kylie Fever 2002 in Concert - Live in Manchester (video documentary) (writer: "Cowboy Style/The Real Slim Lady" - uncredited / as A. Young)

2002 OT: Our Town (documentary) (writer: "Straight Outta Compton" / as Andre Young)

2002 Austin Powers in Goldmember (producer: "Miss You Dr. Dre Remix 2002")

2001 How High (writer: "Chin Check" / as Andre Young)

2001 The Wash (writer: "Holla", "Str8 West Coast", "The Wash", "Encore Work Slow Evil", "2080 Guitar Beat", "Track 7", "Bad Intentions" Music Video Instrumental / as A. Young)

2001 Training Day (writer: "Still D.R.E.", "Put It On Me" / as Andre Young / performer: "Still D.R.E.", "Put It On Me" / producer: "Put It On Me")

2001 Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (writer: "#### Tha Police")

2001 Scary Movie 2 (writer: "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" / as A. Young)

2001 Bully (writer: "Forgot About Dre" / as Andre Young / performer: "Forgot About Dre")

2001 Freddy Got Fingered (writer: "The Real Slim Shady" / as Andre Young)

2001 Tomcats (writer: "X" / as Andre Young)

2001 Down to Earth ("Gin and Juice" / as Andre Young)

Users who are viewing this thread